Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 If you could buy ONE next-gen system...
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 2 of 9, messages 21 to 40 of 178
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - May 23, 2005 17:55

I' m getting an Xbox 360 because it has live and a slew of other features that are still boggling my mind

Now I' m not trying to pick a fight here Rampage, this may be a good idea to buy a xbox, but not a good idea to buy 360. All 3 systems will be online this generation, and all 3 will have high quality online strategies. X-box live was so succesful, that Sony and Nintenedo had to take notice and provide a serrvice of similar quality. In fact they are providing it free rather than charging ( I know, I know, game companies choose the price if they want to charge). I think x-box live in the incarnation described at this years E3 is in fact a drawback to the 360.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - May 23, 2005 22:58
awww dammit! I had a nice long speech written up and each time i wrote it up my crappy ass soon to be dead laptop crashed. So to avoid yet another crash i shall just state my answer and write at another time.

Xbox360.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 24 May 05 6:58:50 >
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - May 24, 2005 01:24
Have you seen the new features for the next Live? If Sony and Nintendo try to copy Live in it' s current state, they will still be out of M$' s league so to speak. It' s crazy the stuff that M$ is going to allow with the next Xbox Live.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - May 24, 2005 21:02
Live isn' t the only thing. Windows Media center is built right in! You can store movies, music, pictures, and whatever else you can think of onto your 360. It also allows you to hook up your MP3 players, computers, and even a freakin PSP to it. Also the new user interface is packed with all sorts of extras. While watching TV that runs trhough you' re 360 you can get game invites and stuff. During any game you can access your system interface and Live. There is so much the thing can do it litterally will be your central hub for your home technology.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - May 25, 2005 08:40

Live isn' t the only thing. Windows Media center is built right in! You can store movies, music, pictures, and whatever else you can think of onto your 360. It also allows you to hook up your MP3 players, computers, and even a freakin PSP to it. Also the new user interface is packed with all sorts of extras. While watching TV that runs trhough you' re 360 you can get game invites and stuff. During any game you can access your system interface and Live. There is so much the thing can do it litterally will be your central hub for your home technology.

Oh my God..

.. Are you Bill Gates!?
Rampage99

RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - May 25, 2005 16:14
No. Sh*t, what the hell is going on in these forums. I' m just saying how excited I am about the 360 and everybody seems to be getting pissed about it.
mxpx182

RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - May 25, 2005 17:17
ok, let' s lay off, Rampage is excited, I' ve been there before. Get excited, I' m not, but by all means enjoy it if you' re looking forward to it a lot.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - May 26, 2005 15:20
no offense rampage, just sounds like you where trying to sell us the thing!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - May 26, 2005 15:48
Ummm... how can you watch TV through the 360? It' s not going to have any TIVO functions. Being interrupted by game invites is NOT a good thing. I think I have mentioned that before.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - May 26, 2005 19:14

...for someone who' s supposed to be a staff member, I' d suggest he try being a tad more pragmatic and objective. Apparently, though, that will never happen. Microsoft is capable of establishing and maintaining vice-like grips on a person' s psyche.
Rampage99

RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - May 26, 2005 19:46
Sony send you back here?
Rampage99

RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - May 26, 2005 19:52

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

I was just listing the features. People were saying there weren' t many features and that' s just not right. I' m just shocked at the amount of stuff they' ve jammed in the console. Go ahead and stiick with the PS3 though if that' s what your going for. I think it' s pretty cool that it will feature the whole duel monitor thing though. I wish they would have given more details on what else it will do. The tech demos and CG trailers were cool and all but they really haven' t shown anything real about the console.

Joe, I don' t know how you get invites while watching TV but they showed it during the press conference. It' s only like a 2 second blip that pops up at the very borrom of the screen that just shows a little circle thing. You can probably turn it off.

fathoms

RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - May 26, 2005 20:14

Sony send you back here?

No, Adam wants me to return. But I won' t. I' ve also spoken to him about you; you may be hearing from him soon.
Rampage99

RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - May 26, 2005 20:21
Okay...
mxpx182

RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - May 26, 2005 20:48
My future as an olsen twin becoming more likely.

I' m not liking the sounds of this. And just to get it out of the way early, Shut the $%$& up Terry, quit laughing!!!!!
Beef Shala

• Total Posts : 89
RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - May 26, 2005 20:50
Ohhh... better watch out Rampage - fathoms is telling Adam on you. If you keep it up, he might taddle to your daddy too.

Seriously, though. All three companies are bringing out great systems. I think that I will go with the 360 though. Live is the real deal for anyone who doesn' t have it (also, it will have two levels - the Silver level is free).

Also, Sony is known for talking big, but under delivering when it comes time to produce a game. Remember how good the PS2 looked when it was announced and then you saw the games - sheesh!
Rampage99

RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - May 26, 2005 20:51
I was just going to post that, but I probably would have been called biased.

Anway, how does that make sense? So the Playstations were never meant to be used as game consoles? Hmm... whatever. I' ll still use them as game consoles.
Rampage99

RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - May 26, 2005 20:53

ORIGINAL: Beef Shala

Ohhh... better watch out Rampage - fathoms is telling Adam on you. If you keep it up, he might taddle to your daddy too.

I' d laugh at that joke but I' m worried I may be complained about further. If my dad finds out I' ll look similar to that yellow dude in Sin City after Bruce Willis got done with him. Oh snapo, I put a smily, that could come off as thinking this situation is funny. Gotta watch myself!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - May 26, 2005 21:02

Also, Sony is known for talking big, but under delivering when it comes time to produce a game. Remember how good the PS2 looked when it was announced and then you saw the games - sheesh!

The Playstation was very easy to develop for, the PlayStation 2 unfortunately was not. If Sony has learned anything at all during the PS2 era let' s just hope the PlayStation 3 won' t require developers to program 16 different processors and try to miraculously get them process information simultaneously in order to get decent performance out of the thing.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 27 May 05 5:03:03 >
fathoms

RE: If you could buy ONE next-gen system... - May 26, 2005 21:20

I' d laugh at that joke but I' m worried I may be complained about further. If my dad finds out I' ll look similar to that yellow dude in Sin City after Bruce Willis got done with him . Oh snapo, I put a smily, that could come off as thinking this situation is funny. Gotta watch myself!

We' re not laughing anymore. And yes, that implies I' m not the only one. I' m referring to observations I' ve gathered from others as well as myself, not necessarily complaints. Unfortunately, it' s been a long time coming.
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 2 of 9, messages 21 to 40 of 178

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message