Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Nintendo Wii
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 6 of 17, messages 101 to 120 of 339
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 17:28
I' ve slept on it and woke up and still think it' s absolute bollocks and I am interested in the wii' s secret but i' ' m more interested in microsoft' s announcements and show revelations...heck maybe even sony' s and I absolutely hate them...but....anyway..won' t be having a wii in a hurry.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 19:18
I' ve slept on it too , I read all there is to read about it - comments from gamers,editors,nintendo and analysts, and it' s ok (it' s just OK for now - I still need to get used to it).

I like it a bit now.

It' s a huge and drastic change from Revolution , but it will work.

No matter what you think about Wii ,you' ve got to admit Nintendo' s got balls of steel.

I always hate morons who post pictures of mario and luigi gettin their freak on ,but since you' re 13 I' ll let it slip this time (and yeah I laughed ...)

:)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 28 Apr 06 11:21:31 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 19:39
Revolution was a lot better. And i think Wii, is going to have its trouble here in europe, it simply sounds too Japaneese, i actually think N5 would have been the best name for the console.

Who will be the first to make a picture of a tombstone with the name Wii engraved into it?
dasher232

RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 20:18
Well I guess you could put it down to balls of steel or a bunch of in-bred monkeys making the important deciscions either way I still think they could have went into it with the air of mystery and confidence with the audience the previous name built for itself. The fact that the name is so childish aswell as reinforces what people were worried about tells me who they' re marketing for and it ain' t me...

Ds- ' Touch me'
Wii- ........don' t think I wanna know
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 21:17
i think the name will grow on people..ppl r just pissed cos eveyone thought its gonna be called the N5 and now it isnt.. But till it grows on me...me say WTF NINTENDO ????
Stephen Rowley

• Total Posts : 75
RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 21:28
It' s already grown on me. I saw the news on C4 teletext this morning, and like everyone else I was thinking ' wee' straight off the bat. By the time I' d gotten to work though, read the press release in more detail and seen the brand ident, I' m thinking it' s gonna be great (or just fine, for those who still hate it).

The thing that gets me most though is, why have they announced it now and not saved it for the Nintendo conference at E3?!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 21:30
I slept on it and....

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

So Wiitarded....
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 21:49

The thing that gets me most though is, why have they announced it now and not saved it for the Nintendo conference at E3?!

They waned to give time for people to get used to the name or be ' aware of it' .. So when speaking/demoing Wii games, people know what their speaking of.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 21:49
...or...

...they just couldn' t wait....
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 28 Apr 06 13:57:26 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 22:02
Bish hahahhahaahhahaha

Why? look at us - everyone (nintendo haters and lovers alike) is discussing it like crazy.they got a lot of attention before e3 - and there' s plenty of time to get used to that name and learn the idea behind it.If I were told that name at E3 I' d say " Fuck it , let' s go to 360' s booth" but now I got over it

The name seems to have a lot of sense to me and I think it' s balls of steel instead of monkeys - it is we who jump around screaming things cause we want a banana (different name in this case) :)

They did a very bold move and they stick to it - this time next year, the first thing you' ll think when you here some kid saying Wii , will be oh that' s " that awesome new console from nintendo" .

Mainstream audience - girls and old people wouldn' t want to use something with agressive name like Revo , Revolution , N5.

It' s the iPod of videogames.

I now get it and soon you will too :)

And stop that crap about " nintendo isn' t making games for me but for girls and old folks" - there are games for everyone on DS and Rev could be much better.

Red Steel isn' t for you? Sucks to be you.
MArio 128 is for kids? yeah , right ...whatever I guess I' ll be that kid who has a lot of fun with it.

Wii will change everything :)

NYTimes.com
" NGage and Gizmondo are cool names," said Michael Pachter, a research analyst at Wedbush Morgan Securities in Los Angeles, referring to previous products aimed at gamers. " But consumers relate to the coolness of the product, not the name."

Still, a cool name of a cool product wouldn' t hurt right Mr Analyst?
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 28 Apr 06 14:06:53 >
dasher232

RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 22:30
Still ain' t liking it and don' t thInk I ever will. It was hard enough in trying to convince people to take the direction they are looking to (which they still haven' t convinced everyone) the' re trying to be different (which is good) creative (also good) and iv' e still gave them the benifit of the doubt however the recent name thing is just sorta convincing me that they' re just going insane as opposed to ' innovative' it' s not just the name that makes me uninterested I just think the whole thing seems incompitent (just my honest opinion).
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 28 Apr 06 14:31:10 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 23:01
It would seem already that Nintendo' s hardcore fanbase is hard at work coming up with retarded excuses as to why the name is actually a good thing and i for one do not concur.

I like the logo, not the name. I think a lot of things can be done with the logo and i think it' s better than anything Microsoft or Sony have ever come up with. The name however is another story.

Nintendo are saying that it isn' t " The Nintendo Wii" but rather " Wii" . Kind of like " iPod" is just " iPod" and not " The Apple iPod" . But " Wii" ?!

If it was pronounced phonetically as " why" (Y) then i' d be happier.

iPod works because it' s part of a family of products; iSight, iChat, iTunes, iDVD, iBook, iMac etc. But when iMac was launched the " i" meant " internet" so it meant " internet Macintosh" and it was called that because you got everything that was requires for internet access. It actually had a meaning and the meaning was both simple and logical.

Apple also pushed the meaning of the " i" towards " individual" and " independence" which led into a very successful marketing campaign.

Perrin Kaplans
explanation went right over my head and while i don' t like her anyway my point is that they' ve given us a name and it doesn' t feel right. It' s a) not what we expected (which is the main reason behind peoples puzzlement, mine included) or b) what we, Nintendo' s potential userbase wanted.

I don' t see how they can relate Wii to iPod. Where has Wii come form and what does it actually mean?! Does it stand for something?! ARE the two i' s meant to represent the controllers?! If so, do we get 2 in the box when we buy it?!

It may work and it may not. I don' t like it and the reasons people are coming up with to explain why it' s good/fits.is smart are highly amusing, especially given that Nintendo haven' t even provided an in depth explanation yet.

I like the logo though!
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 28 Apr 06 15:03:05 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 29, 2006 00:21
Your posted Logos are unofficial - means " FAKE probability" is HIGH (and they look like photoshop work).

I' m not saying it' s cool - I' m saying it' s alright and I loved the whole concept from the start so even if they call it " Bob" I' d be excited for the controller and secrets about it.

I don' t think they need to explain anything more about that name - they pretty much did that when they thirst introduced the name.

There are reasons to " not be angry" about it , there are reasons to be mad about it , but there' s not a single reason to really love it.

Yeah I' m not that happy about this name , but I get what they' re saying - still their excuses aren' t justifying enough - I thought they were smarter than that.

Did you know that they had Wii in mind for a year before they announced it?

I think they should' ve started with it' s true name and we wouldn' t be that disappointed.
dasher232

RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 29, 2006 00:27
The other reason why I don' t get ' ' wii' ' is that it simply doesn' t relate to their company it' s like their branching off into a totally different direction so to compare it to the ipod is just plain ridiculous and calling it wii on it' s own in my opinion is no retribution it sounds worse just going in an asking for a wii. Famicom...snes...n64....gambecube...wii (good luck).

The fact that they had it for a year before considering convinces me even further they' re not to be taken seriously....now it really wouldn' t surprise me if their secret is that they' re gonna have a hentai game that executes all of the controller' s functions, giving a whole new meaning to loving your system. Mikay *if yr reading* now you can call it sexy.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 28 Apr 06 16:33:11 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 29, 2006 00:32
I don' t think anyone will really like that name , but we' ll get used to it - of that I' m sure.
Nitro

RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 29, 2006 00:33

Your posted Logos are unofficial - means " FAKE probability" is HIGH

Erm, this is the Madden ad with the logo on there. It' s exactly the same.

dasher232

RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 29, 2006 00:34
I really hope so gangsta i' ll remind you a year from now.
Nitro

RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 29, 2006 00:38
I could be wrong though. The ones with Christina i spent about 30 seconds on.
dasher232

RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 29, 2006 00:41
I wouldn' t even mind if they called it nintendo ' ' vc' ' .

Anyway the real game' s are gonna start when ps3 kicks off and microsoft launches blue dragon..halo3 and whatever else they have up for e3.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 28 Apr 06 16:52:12 >
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 29, 2006 01:16
Hahahahahaha, I laugh every time I hear it. Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! Lol, I' m not going to say I hate the console of Nintendo for naming it that. I just think it' s one of the funniest things to happen in the game industry. It just sounds so dumb! Lmao! Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 6 of 17, messages 101 to 120 of 339

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll