Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Nintendo Wii
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 2 of 17, messages 21 to 40 of 339
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 03:41
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 03:42
Honey where' s your brother...he' s playing with his friend' s wii wii. But seriously though i' ll give them the benifit of the doubt and see what happens as for changing the name I think it might be too late cos they might have registered it and have everything in order running up to it.

At least they didn' t call it boob.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 03:45
I think no matter how you put it it sucks ...

I' d rather buy a boob than fuckin Wii :)

Remember that small guy from jackass?

Wiiman

FUCK I really hate it.

I' d love to give them the benefit of the doubt but there ain' t no doubts - it' s official

I think both MS and Sony have a huge party today :)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 27 Apr 06 19:48:49 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
I have heard no positive reactions to this game anywhere on the whole internet. That' s probably because the name sucks. Anyone who likes it really deserves to be set on fire. I think I might be too embarrassed to purchase one and certainly too embarrassed to own one. Even my family would make fun of me.

This does no positive favors for Nintendo' s kiddie image. There was nothing wrong with " Revolution" .
Kannon

• Total Posts : 205
http://revolution.nintendo.com/
here is someting else

who think those sounds will be in the system?
< Message edited by Kannon -- 27 Apr 06 19:48:28 >
Nitro

RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 03:47
...or " N5" .

dasher232

RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 03:48
The other thing is aswell I was really beggining to take them seriously as probably were a lot of people and i' m probably still gonna get a wii. But in the world we live in you know people are gonna make fun of the wii I think they have automatically lost some of their audience but I can be massively wrong but it' s like gangsta said it wouldn' t be nintendo if they didn' t fu@k up at some point especially when they had the best position.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 27 Apr 06 19:49:36 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 03:52
It' s so bad that people will get really mad and they might change it.

God damn it we gotta do something !! :)

Some petition or whatever I don' t know FUCK

they' re doing it for us afterall ...right?
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 27 Apr 06 19:52:57 >
Nitro

]GaNgStA[

RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 04:01
I' m in - majik make a new topic about thi petition - some people might miss it

I just checked some comments and suddenly saw " change it to N5" - I know who that is :)

200 people signed and it grows fast.

< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 27 Apr 06 20:06:09 >
Nitro

RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 04:07

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

I just checked some comments and suddenly saw " change it to N5" - I know who that is :)

Damn right!
dasher232

RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 04:07
No puns intended but after that I think I can go for a long time without a wii. I was in the kitchen imagining the guys at microsoft and sony having a proper laugh. I would have liked to see the other ideas that got pitched cos surely they can' t have been worst that this.

I think it' s too hippified even the little script sounded so amateurish that I thought it was really fake

So that’s Wii. But now Nintendo needs you.

Because, it’s really not about you or me.

It’s about Wii.

And together, Wii will change everything.

And knowing them you' ll later have compact wii, advanced wii in diferent colours wii with brighter screen wii coming to a store near you no not a car park or behind the bins so what colour is your wii?.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 27 Apr 06 20:16:45 >
SpaceJase

• Total Posts : 170
RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 04:13

This does no positive favors for Nintendo' s kiddie image. There was nothing wrong with " Revolution" .

Revolution is exactly the same concept as 360 so it was always going to be changed.
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 04:16
I absolutely HATE the name. It will do them no favors and like Joe said have already lost a part of their target audience, sadly I believe it' s the most important mainstream part.

I say they SHOULD call it Nintendo Revolution. Not N5 or anything else. Rev sums it up perfectly and it' s easily possible to start a buzz around it sales wies. Sadly if they don' t, I think they' ll fail in the west. No amount of loyal hardcore (not meaning fanboy) support will be enough for Nintendo to make this succeed beyond what GameCube achieved.

Japan however will buy it and love it all the same.

Still, I will be getting a REVOLUTION no matter what they decide to call it. It' s the software and experience that count and that' s why I play games.
< Message edited by kyo.k -- 27 Apr 06 20:16:59 >
dasher232

RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 04:22
Yeah you know the japanese are gonna stay loyal to the wii but like you said the name of a product in my opinion is very very important if you had the best machine in the world and called it tampon people would immediately stay away and think ' weirdo' especially in the west and seeing how gamecube did last time round i' m hoping their figures don' t plummit cos if it does they have well and truly wiied into a strong wind.
]GaNgStA[

RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 04:27
that' s interesting (source gamespot) :

Wedbush Morgan Securities' Michael Pachter was more mixed in his assessment. " My initial reaction, of course, is that the name is dumb," he bluntly stated. " However, upon reflection, I thought that the name Game Boy was dumb, REALLY thought that the name Xbox was dumb, and can' t even recall my reaction to PlayStation. Let' s face it, devices with cool names like Dreamcast and Gizmondo fail, and the lame names seem to do well."

I' m over my initial shock and still...I hate it , I really do , but the reasoning behind it seems pretty smart and while the logo looks cool...there' s something definitely wrong with this name.

This is the fastest growing thread ever :)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 27 Apr 06 20:28:39 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 04:32
who how what hooo haaa heee what the the f**k hell s** of b****h is wrong with Nintendon' t... this is sad but at the same time hilarious, either they' re so stuuuupid or that' s what exactly they looking for, a huuuge fuss.

you guys keep talking about how Wii sounds in english countries, but how about countries that speak french, do you know what " Wii" sounds exactly like , it' s the only word americans know in french " oui" and that is " yes" in case you don' t know or nintendo don' t know ..

Monsieur avez vous un " wii" (oui) au magazin ??
sir, do you have a" yes" in store ,

Stupid morons, after all Nintendo is always sticking to its dumb ideas, each generation it' ll make some mistakes, the usual from N64...

my god i can' t believe those people, who the hell named it exactly ?,
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 04:35
Thought Gizmondo was a shit name, really cheap-sounding toy-esqe.

Dreamcast, Xbox, Playstation and GameCube all sounded fine to me first time.

After briefly thinking about it the name Wii still sucks. However the philosphy behind it I agree, is very well thought out. Sadly the mass market doesn' t care about stuff like that.

my god i can' t believe those people, who the hell named it exactly

Iwata thought about it when he saw his dog piss all over the carpet in the boardroom.
< Message edited by kyo.k -- 27 Apr 06 20:38:36 >
Nitro

RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 04:35
Since we don' t quite know what it actually stands for we don' t know whether it will be called anything different in Japan. I think the translation from English to Japanese would be " Watashidomo" but then " Wii" isn' t an actual word so it could just be " Wii" everywhere.

The name sucks. But i' m still looking forward to the console itself!
]GaNgStA[

RE: The Nintendo Wii - Apr 28, 2006 04:36
ii - means good in japanese

I think the console itself will be awesome but that name bothers me.They always have some stupid ideas like " let' s make it look like a cube" ..and so on

The only reason why it' s so bad is that it looks terrible when written " Wii" and sounds even worse " WE"

Guys we need to support eachother even more as of today ...times are hard

:)

< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 27 Apr 06 20:40:11 >
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 2 of 17, messages 21 to 40 of 339

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages