Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious.
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 63
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 01, 2005 23:56

All you do is complain about DOA.

That' s ALL I do? Ever?

And I know you think my arguments are worth reading otherwise you wouldn' t have spent so much time writing that response (which I only glossed over).

I never said I hate or even dislike DoA. I just said I prefer Tekken 5 (and rightfully so). I do enjoy playing DoA, but my " easy" comments are mostly based on Itagaki calling anyone who can' t beat Ninja Gaiden a " loser" . If hard games are so great, why does he make DoA so easy in single player mode? Anyway I play through mutliple times, I am just amazed that he limits it to one round in story mode. And I do much prefer Tekken 5. I' m sorry if you can' t handle that.

The reason I " bring them down" whenever someone speaks positively about DoA in this thread is because those comments are usually directed at me in the first place. Have you not been part of this forum very long? My general writing style is pretty much " tell it like I see it" and it can be pretty abrasive at times to someone who is not familiar with my writing style. I' m sorry for any tears this may have caused you. My response to Auron is a joke. My Itagaki " devil" comment was a joke.

As for you, Lotusson, I' m afraid it is you who should be a bit more mature. You basically call me stupid and a baby. Isn' t it kids who each other call names? I' m sure you' re not a kid any more. Now I am beginning to know how Fathoms felt for having his opinions persecuted (even though I was guilty for doing that as well). Yes, YOUR posts now have me defending Fathoms.

As for this being a DoA thread, I don' t see DoA in the title, so how can I " avoid DoA threads" as you suggest? I will only ever say good, positive things in the future just to appease you. No negativity EVER AGAIN! ON ANYTHING! Yay! This forum should be " if you don' t have anything good to say, don' t say it at all" .
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 02, 2005 01:10
Chickapoo would be all over this thread praising her all time favorite game series... DoA fans dont take this as an insult, but if you wanna get a chick into fighting games or games in general DoA definatly helps.

I enjoy the game' s simple style which also has some depth if you wanna learn the button combos. It definatly seems more intended for multiplayer...actually I' ll have to agree that most fighters seems to be geared to a more then 1 crowd. Somthing much deeper online since you have an almost endless difficulty level (beat up on the weaklings for a good laugh or challenge the freak gamers who need a controller operating for life support).

Tekken never really interested me so with sucha bad start out it would be hard to get me to play a supposed good Tekken game at this point. I guess for me you can only fail so many times before I just walk away. It takes quite a bit to lure me back in. I' m not saying it was the worst fighting game ever it just didnt have much going for it in that beginning.

Virtua Fighter I cant base much of an opinion on except it was the first 3-D fighter I played back when the first one came out. So basically it holds a memory, but I have yet to play current ones out.

Soul Caliber is definatly my all time favorite fighter...buuuuut since the prick bastards decided to make it exclusive to a console I never bothered to buy Im stuck in limbo for now when it comes to fighters.

In the end tho all the fighting games seem to blur together which is why the genre isnt high on my list.

lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 02, 2005 06:36

That' s ALL I do? Ever?

And I know you think my arguments are worth reading otherwise you wouldn' t have spent so much time writing that response (which I only glossed over).

No, I don’t. Hence why I don’t bother trying to refute them. I refuted claims like yours years ago. No use arguing with people whom have no desire to change their minds.

I never said I hate or even dislike DoA.

So I guess that explains the constant negativity you have whenever DOA is mentioned. Not just in this thread, in EVERY thread. You don’t get a pass by saying “I prefer Tekken”, as Tekken is not in every DOA thread, but you are.

I do enjoy playing DoA, but my " easy" comments are mostly based on Itagaki calling anyone who can' t beat Ninja Gaiden a " loser" . If hard games are so great, why does he make DoA so easy in single player mode? Anyway I play through mutliple times, I am just amazed that he limits it to one round in story mode. And I do much prefer Tekken 5. I' m sorry if you can' t handle that.

Sorry, I really don’t care. Your bias, not mines.

The reason I " bring them down" whenever someone speaks positively about DoA in this thread is because those comments are usually directed at me in the first place.

Because you’re usually the first to bash the game. It’s not as if anyone ever starts a DOA thread by saying, “Joe, let me show you how wrong you are…” People respond to your negativity because you’ve given them something to respond too.

Have you not been part of this forum very long? My general writing style is pretty much " tell it like I see it" and it can be pretty abrasive at times to someone who is not familiar with my writing style.

I.E. You can give it but don’t like to take it.

I' m sorry for any tears this may have caused you.

None. I just don’t see a reason to constantly bash a game over and over so viciously. It’s almost as if you have money at stake on DOA.

My response to Auron is a joke. My Itagaki " devil" comment was a joke.

I don’t remember having a problem with your jokes. So what was the point?

As for you, Lotusson, I' m afraid it is you who should be a bit more mature.

Telling someone you’re going to “ignore” them is very disrespectful and childish. I responded in a manner upon which I was replied too. Act immature, get treated immaturely.

You basically call me stupid and a baby. Isn' t it kids who each other call names?

Well, telling someone not to play stupid is different than actually calling them stupid. But yes, baby definitely needs his bottle.

Now I am beginning to know how Fathoms felt for having his opinions persecuted (even though I was guilty for doing that as well). Yes, YOUR posts now have me defending Fathoms.

Fathoms left not because of his opinion, but because he was Fathoms. He had people joining the forums just to bash him, not his opinion.

And if you haven’t realized this by now, I have no problem calling people out, friend or foe. And yes, I’m calling you out. You have a very negative attitude whenever Itagaki/DOA is mentioned, and DOA fans don’t even get a chance freely discuss the game they love.

There’s nothing wrong with voicing your opinion about DOA, but you attack it with such viciousness that all people end up doing is arguing. Sorry, but I don’t see a point.

And as for Fathoms, have we forgotten it wasn’t Fathoms opinion that was persecuted, it was his attitude toward other posters and his blatant bias. He was quick to label people fanboys if they disagreed with him, often mocking their intelligence. And a lot of times he was just flat out wrong. But try and tell him otherwise and you’re the idiot. So it’s no wonder he got so much heat, because his posting style demanded it.

As for this being a DoA thread, I don' t see DoA in the title

Thread titles do not dictate what a thread will eventually become. This thread was not designed to discuss DOA, but because of your comments DOA fans have to defend the game. You very much dictated the path of this thread.

I will only ever say good, positive things in the future just to appease you. No negativity EVER AGAIN! ON ANYTHING! Yay! This forum should be " if you don' t have anything good to say, don' t say it at all" .

Responded to this argument in my last reply. No need to repeat myself.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 02, 2005 07:31
Check the post above - cuz your attitude truly sux man and lotusson' s right.

Joe I ain' t British plus I' d love to know how many languages do you speak?

" U" is not a slang - good god you should go out from time to time

I don' t mind anyone dissin' DoA - I loved DoA 2 for DC the most but I think the series brought a lot of fresh ideas and that' s cool.

I' ve been a huge Tekken fan as well.

Dunno what this is all about but sayin' DoA' s to short for Ya is just plain dumb.

:)

< Message edited by ]GaNgStA[ -- 2 Oct 05 15:33:27 >
Joe Redifer

RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 02, 2005 16:10
I didn' t say you were British, but I am imagining that if you were, it would be funny to hear the Gangster style speak with such an accent (or any accent, actually). Who cares how many languages I speak? Are you trying to make a claim that you are a superior person to me? That' s what it sounds like.

" U" is indeed slang. I do go out. " U" is only used on the internet and written form. To me it just looks lazy. But I accept your rebuttal about my " ' em" and the such.

Dunno what this is all about but sayin' DoA' s to short for Ya is just plain dumb.

That right there is attacking my OPINION.

Oh and lotussun, wouldn' t " responding immaturely to an immature post" be, well, immature? It would be mature to remain mature at all times, wouldn' t ya think? I do not think you are mature. (Yes, Gangster, I know I used " Ya" . u dont need 2 point it out).

Anyway I know you guys LOVE my responses, because you always respond to them. You can' t ignore them. Oh wait, ignoring anything is " immature and rude" . Oh well. I accept your adoration of my posts. I know you' ll continue to read them.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 3 Oct 05 0:21:09 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 02, 2005 17:25
But...if i say 50 hour baten kaitos is to short... and someone says i must be dumb...and i answere thats my opinion... well... nvm
lotusson

RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 02, 2005 17:44

Oh and [lotusson], wouldn' t " responding immaturely to an immature post" be, well, immature?

Sounds more like you’re ignoring the point. The point being all you do is start arguments when Itagaki/DOA is mentioned.

I do not think you are mature.

At any point in my Kikizo history did I ever give you the impression I cared what you thought of me?

Anyway I know you guys LOVE my responses, because you always respond to them.

“Always respond to them” ??

We barely ever talk. And yes, I do read your posts (it would be stupid to read one half of a conversation). I simply don’t care for them.

I know you' ll continue to read them.

I never said I wasn’t going to read your posts. I said your opinion isn’t worth giving a second thought too. If and when you start using more informed opinions, then I will care.
Joe Redifer

RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 02, 2005 17:52
You said:

All you do is complain about DOA.

That is not ALL I do. I make other posts than just complain about DoA. I only bring this up because I said:

Anyway I know you guys LOVE my responses, because you always respond to them.

You used my " always" literally just as I did with your " all you do" . Just wanted to point that out.

Obviously my opinions are the best opinions, otherwise I' d have different opinions.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 02, 2005 18:44
I agree that the story mode of DOA is too short. One round only (although if you think about it logically if you knock someone out they' re going to stay down aren' t they?). I find that story mode is just stupid because of the boss at the end. You can only move one direction and if he falls down you have to jump to evade a shockwave.

But if all you do is play the story mode then you are missing out on half the single player game. There is still:

Time Attack mode - Best of 3 rounds, 8 battles
Survival Mode - Survive for as long as you can although it stops at 100 wins
Tag Battle mode - You can modify this in the options so it' s really up to you. Anywhere from one round only to best of 9 rounds per battle.
Team Battle mode - Choose up to 5 characters per team and play against the computer if you want to. Again options can modify this up to best of 9 rounds.

All of these can be played against the computer.

So really there' s still heaps to do in single player. Saying that there' s too little to do single player wise is really quite wrong.
< Message edited by UnluckyOne -- 3 Oct 05 2:48:14 >
Joe Redifer

RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 02, 2005 20:48
I will concede to that. For some reason I see all of those other modes as " extras" (even in games like Tekken 5). I don' t know why. Survival mode would be the best. The tag/team battles really aren' t for me. I haven' t liked them in any game except Capcom' s " VS" series, and I' ve never been too fond of time attacks in any sort of game, except racing games where that' s the whole point. I really like what Soul Calibur 1, 2 and Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution did with their interesting " tournament" modes or whatever they were called.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 3 Oct 05 4:51:53 >
lotusson

RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 02, 2005 23:54

There' s a difference between criticizing and complaing. All you do is complain about DOA. Even when someone tries to speak positively of the game you' re there to bring them down. It' s OBVIOUS you dislike DOA and don' t care for the series. Yet whenever DOA (or Itagaki in general) is mentioned, you fly off the handle.

Correct me if I' m wrong, but did Itagaki step on your babies?

It' s called selective quoting, Joe. And yes, I stand by my statement. But if you need to be told the " all you do" is within context of itagaki/DOA threads then........
Joe Redifer

RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 03, 2005 03:25
And if you need to be told that my " always respond to them" goes beyond this thread, well...

That is my whole point. But I will try to spell things out much more clearly for you in the future. I must admit that this is fun " debating" with you.
lotusson

RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 03, 2005 05:23
But I meant it. I didn' t take out a section of your post and twist the meaning to fit my needs. The whole paragraph is solely meant to show that when Itagaki/DOA comes up, all you do is bash the game. Look,

lotusson:
Even when someone tries to speak positively of the game you' re there to bring them down. It' s OBVIOUS you dislike DOA and don' t care for the series. Yet whenever DOA (or Itagaki in general) is mentioned, you fly off the handle.

At no point in time was I speaking of just this thread. I' m talking about every Itagaki/DOA thread. Yet...

Joe:
Anyway I know you guys LOVE my responses, because you always respond to them. You can' t ignore them.

Is a blanket statement. You don' t specify a thread or subject. You classified everything into one category. So telling me that I always read/respond to them is quite inaccurate.

But whatever I guess.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 03, 2005 12:05
How about I' m RIGHT and you' re both wrong? I have no idea what about, but we can pick something, anything and revel in how right I y' Am
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 03, 2005 14:25
No,im right...
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 03, 2005 17:13
Look here son, I' m the rightest of the rights, that makes you wrong by default!
Joe Redifer

RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 03, 2005 19:09
Terry is right. I demand it, and my demands are always met.
Auron

• Total Posts : 157
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 04, 2005 02:38
Now, play nice kids
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 04, 2005 09:17
Shit you gotta admit it ...Terry' s right ...DAMN I HATE IT!
uugh
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Nov 13, 2005 12:30
....Anyone who appreciates the cult of the Shinobi is likely to be more advanced mentally than those who do not.....

...time will tell who is closer to the truth, but i predict increased Videogaming excellence for Itagaki and Team Ninja...., in fact I' d say Total Generic Domination (fighting, adventure and some new category based on AI-Human social interaction [3D friend ' em up?] - the hidden element of DOAXBV), ...purely in terms of quality, of course... i think though, that in order for Itagaki to achieve this, he needs to include the right amount of emotional depth, which his games seem to lack (is that possible in a beat-em up though?, it was defiantly lacking in Ninja Gaiden....for example Kureha, - what a wonderfull looking character... i looked forward to getting to know her, and was quite disappointed that she played no part whatsoever in the game......Ayane was wasted [she should of been an unlockable playable character too]......the whole emotional experience of Ninja Gaiden felt cold, despite its mastery in every other element...... do you think that this was due to it' s rushed nature?)....

...sorry think i went off topic...
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 63

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread