Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious.
Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 20 of 63
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 29, 2005 14:01
The games he love himself made by other people.
(In no particular order)

Pikmin - GameCube
Publisher: Nintendo Developer: Nintendo Release Date: 2001
-It' s the only game I haven' t grown tired of. Both 1 and 2 are great, they' re amazing.

Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time - N64
Publisher: Nintendo Developer: Nintendo Release Date: 1998
-It no longer needs any justification. It' s a masterpiece, pure and simple.

Image Fight - arcade/NES
Publisher: Irem Developer: Irem Release Date: 1990
-This is all about memories. If I could only pick one shooting game to leave with the world, this would be it.

Dragon Quest II - NES/Famicom
Publisher: Enix America Developer: Square-Enix Release Date: 1993
-It' s got a great story and great gameplay. It might be tough for modern gamers to handle, but anyone who hasn' t checked it out should definitely give it a shot. It may not have been popular in the U.S., but definitely check it out.

Chibi Robo
Publisher: Nintendo Developer: Skip Release Date: 2005
-This is a game I' m currently playing at the moment, and I haven' t gotten tired of it yet, so it must be pretty good. Overall, it' s really a cute and charming game. This is something my daughter got and started playing, and once I saw it I wanted to play too. [Laughs] But she' s a lot farther along than I am. She' s almost at the end.

And now the games he hate... lol

(In no particular order)

Tekken - PlayStation/Arcade
Publisher: Namco Developer: Namco Release Date: 1995
-Hate.

Tekken 2 - PlayStation/Arcade
Publisher: Namco Developer: Namco Release Date: 1996
-Hate.

Tekken 3 - PlayStation/Arcade
Publisher: Namco Developer: Namco Release Date: 1998
-Hate.

Tekken 4 - PlayStation 2/Arcade
Publisher: Namco Developer: Namco Release Date: 2002
-Hate.

Tekken 5 - PlayStation 2/Arcade
Publisher: Namco Developer: Namco Release Date: 2005
-I no longer can figure out what the hell they' re trying to do with the numbering, and I don' t know which one is which. I don' t know what they' re trying to do with all of these spin-offs, so this includes Nina: Death by Degrees as well. I don' t think it even needs saying, but people should stay away from Tekken. Nothing left to say. I just don' t want them to disappoint me any more. It' s so annoying. Please don' t annoy me any more.

Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 29, 2005 16:03
OK OK... first he says that Pikmin is the ONLY (key word there) game he hasn' t gotten tired of, then he goes and says he hasn' t gotten tired of Custom Robo yet, either!!! What a fool!

Itagaki IS THE DEVIL!
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 29, 2005 16:29
What the hell, Joe?!? Itagaki gives all these great old-school games, and you diss him? I' m surprised! I thought you would show him some love for his penchant for good, simple games.

I don' t know about those older games, as I haven' t played any of them, but I agree with him about Tekken. They need to be a LOT more creative and innovative with that game.
Joe Redifer

RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 29, 2005 17:29
**Devil comment was a joke**

What old schools simple games has Itagaki given us? He didn' t do Tecmo Bowl and I don' t think he did the original Ninja Gaiden' s, either. Of course games like Dead or Alive (any of them) are simple and easy, over within 5 minutes and beatable by anyone over the age of 3 minutes old.

Man this forum is really being buggy! Change to vBulletin, please!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 29, 2005 17:46
I agree with his hate for Tekkens 1 - 4, but definitely NOT 5. I found Tekken 5 to be quite playable. It' s the only game in the series I actually enjoyed.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 29, 2005 18:14
This is just amazing !!! you saying Tekken 1 was bad?? i think it was awesom and it attracted so many gamers to PS1 damn it was IMPRESSIVE then comes tekken 2 and it was the best before the release of Tekken 5 !! That fool just said he hates it that' s how he should thank NAMCO
Terry Bogard

RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 29, 2005 18:27

This is just amazing !!! you saying Tekken 1 was bad?? i think it was awesom and it attracted so many gamers to PS1 damn it was IMPRESSIVE then comes tekken 2 and it was the best before the release of Tekken 5 !! That fool just said he hates it that' s how he should thank NAMCO

I' m not saying that Tekken 1 was a bad game, as a lot of gamers liked it. What I am saying is that I did NOT like Tekken 1 at all. Same goes for Tekken 2. Tekken 3 was an improvement but I still didn' t like it. Tekken Tag Tournament was one of the two arcade games that I actually walked away from before the end of Round 1, that' s how much I didn' t like it. Tekken 4 was soo uninspired.. Tekken 5 was amazing!
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 29, 2005 21:44
The list is actually like part 4 of 1up.com' s Itagaki interview.

Earlier in the interview he stated why he hates Tekken so much. Apparently before DOA1 was released the " Tekken Team" said something mocking DOA, and Itagaki has NEVER forgiven them for that. He steps on Tekken every chance he gets.
Joe Redifer

RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 29, 2005 22:54
I thought Tekken 5 was pretty ace. I actually had a lot of fun with it, a lot mroe fun than I;ve ever had with a DoA game, in fact. Tekken 4 was pretty good, as was Tekken 3 (nowhere in the same neighborhood as part 5, though). Tekken 1 and 2 made me ill.
Boss Hogg

• Total Posts : 299
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 30, 2005 04:26
I have never liked Tekkan at all. I just find games like DOA & Soul Calibur a lot more fun. I always found that the fighting was to stiff for me.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 30, 2005 05:18
i think i' ve made a mistake i took itagaki for Kutagari the playstation' s father ... now it makes sens to me, he' s the mastermind behind DOA he won' t say any positive thing about tekken... i prefer though Soul Calibur and Dead or alive
QuezcatoL

RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 30, 2005 05:21
And i prefer doa over tekken serie,and ninja gaiden over devil may cry
Terry Bogard

RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 30, 2005 08:43

I always found that the fighting was to stiff for me.

That' s EXACTLY how I felt about Tekken 1 & 2..
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 30, 2005 10:40
I certiainly hope he wasn' t trying to say that Tekken never changes, thus why bother with the numbers. All I' m going to say is if you' ve played one DOA game you' ve played them all. Tekken has at least tried to mix it up. I hate Itagaki...he always says stupid shit. I remember when he said how great and interesting the ending movies for DOA were...the thing is I haven' t seen a fighting games ending movies worth a shit since...well, never.
QuezcatoL

RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 30, 2005 11:29
He also said in a kikizo interview that anyone who claim " Ninja gaiden" is to hard are just a loser.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 30, 2005 15:33
The first Tekken hasn' t aged well at ALL. The first saw of it was in Tekken 5 and it' s soooo awful. Tekken 2 doesn' t fare much better but 3 is looking good. Personally I' m not a huge fan thought and 5 didn' t keep my attention for long.
Joe Redifer

RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 30, 2005 16:48
At least Tekken 5 has a bunch of unlockable characters. And each character has their own intro and awesomely rendered ending. Dead or Alive has, what, 10 characters? I think stories in fighting games are stupid, but at least the CG in Tekken is worth watching because it is done so well. DoA' s CG is also done fairly well, but what was up with those giant head kids in Ultimate?

Dead or Alive is far too easy, and you only have to win a single match. The game is beaten in LESS than 5 minutes, easily. If you like simple easy baby games you will like Dead or Alive.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 1 Oct 05 0:49:34 >
Boss Hogg

• Total Posts : 299
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 30, 2005 17:12
The fighting in DOA is A LOT more smoother than Tekkan' s fighting. I find it a lot easier to pull off counters and throw moves easier.Not to mention Dead or Alive Ultimate has ONLINE play, and if you want to make the game harder you can just go to the options and raise the difficulty.

QuezcatoL

RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 30, 2005 17:50
1UP: You have this perfectionism thing going on. If you aren' t satisfied with what you' ve done in the past, you polish it up and do it again. But what does this have to do with Armageddon?

TI: I' m a real straightforward guy, so not only do I always follow through on what I' ve decided to do, but if something like that is so annoying, I' m like " screw it, I don' t wanna deal with this" and I lose the urge to do anything at all. I' m sure that everyone knows someone like that. So it was at a time when everything got to be a pain, and I found myself watching movies all the time and that' s when I saw Armageddon, and it really affected me. It' s basically, to put it simply, the story of the strongest father on Earth. There' s no stronger father figure and no simpler person in the world than the main character in that movie. So after seeing that I felt silly at myself for getting fed up with all this pain in the ass stuff going on, so I felt it was time to give it another shot and move forward again. If there was no Armageddon, none of my games from Dead or Alive 3 onward would ever have been made.

1UP: So the gaming world basically has Bruce Willis to thank for Ninja Gaiden.

TI: Yeah, you should all say thanks to Jerry Bruckheimer.

Joe Redifer

RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 30, 2005 18:26
Armageddon was one of the worst movies ever made! Well that and Con Air. I think that is hilarious, though.

Boss Hogg - you' re right, everything is easier in DoA because it is an easy game, meant for the beginner.
Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 20 of 63

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message