Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious.

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 63
QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 29, 2005 14:01
The games he love himself made by other people.
(In no particular order)

Pikmin - GameCube
Publisher: Nintendo Developer: Nintendo Release Date: 2001
-It' s the only game I haven' t grown tired of. Both 1 and 2 are great, they' re amazing.

Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time - N64
Publisher: Nintendo Developer: Nintendo Release Date: 1998
-It no longer needs any justification. It' s a masterpiece, pure and simple.

Image Fight - arcade/NES
Publisher: Irem Developer: Irem Release Date: 1990
-This is all about memories. If I could only pick one shooting game to leave with the world, this would be it.

Dragon Quest II - NES/Famicom
Publisher: Enix America Developer: Square-Enix Release Date: 1993
-It' s got a great story and great gameplay. It might be tough for modern gamers to handle, but anyone who hasn' t checked it out should definitely give it a shot. It may not have been popular in the U.S., but definitely check it out.

Chibi Robo
Publisher: Nintendo Developer: Skip Release Date: 2005
-This is a game I' m currently playing at the moment, and I haven' t gotten tired of it yet, so it must be pretty good. Overall, it' s really a cute and charming game. This is something my daughter got and started playing, and once I saw it I wanted to play too. [Laughs] But she' s a lot farther along than I am. She' s almost at the end.

And now the games he hate... lol

(In no particular order)

Tekken - PlayStation/Arcade
Publisher: Namco Developer: Namco Release Date: 1995
-Hate.

Tekken 2 - PlayStation/Arcade
Publisher: Namco Developer: Namco Release Date: 1996
-Hate.

Tekken 3 - PlayStation/Arcade
Publisher: Namco Developer: Namco Release Date: 1998
-Hate.

Tekken 4 - PlayStation 2/Arcade
Publisher: Namco Developer: Namco Release Date: 2002
-Hate.

Tekken 5 - PlayStation 2/Arcade
Publisher: Namco Developer: Namco Release Date: 2005
-I no longer can figure out what the hell they' re trying to do with the numbering, and I don' t know which one is which. I don' t know what they' re trying to do with all of these spin-offs, so this includes Nina: Death by Degrees as well. I don' t think it even needs saying, but people should stay away from Tekken. Nothing left to say. I just don' t want them to disappoint me any more. It' s so annoying. Please don' t annoy me any more.

Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 29, 2005 16:03
OK OK... first he says that Pikmin is the ONLY (key word there) game he hasn' t gotten tired of, then he goes and says he hasn' t gotten tired of Custom Robo yet, either!!! What a fool!

Itagaki IS THE DEVIL!

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 29, 2005 16:29
What the hell, Joe?!? Itagaki gives all these great old-school games, and you diss him? I' m surprised! I thought you would show him some love for his penchant for good, simple games.

I don' t know about those older games, as I haven' t played any of them, but I agree with him about Tekken. They need to be a LOT more creative and innovative with that game.

Joe Redifer
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 29, 2005 17:29
**Devil comment was a joke**

What old schools simple games has Itagaki given us? He didn' t do Tecmo Bowl and I don' t think he did the original Ninja Gaiden' s, either. Of course games like Dead or Alive (any of them) are simple and easy, over within 5 minutes and beatable by anyone over the age of 3 minutes old.

Man this forum is really being buggy! Change to vBulletin, please!

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 29, 2005 17:46
I agree with his hate for Tekkens 1 - 4, but definitely NOT 5. I found Tekken 5 to be quite playable. It' s the only game in the series I actually enjoyed.
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 29, 2005 18:14
This is just amazing !!! you saying Tekken 1 was bad?? i think it was awesom and it attracted so many gamers to PS1 damn it was IMPRESSIVE then comes tekken 2 and it was the best before the release of Tekken 5 !! That fool just said he hates it that' s how he should thank NAMCO

Terry Bogard
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 29, 2005 18:27

This is just amazing !!! you saying Tekken 1 was bad?? i think it was awesom and it attracted so many gamers to PS1 damn it was IMPRESSIVE then comes tekken 2 and it was the best before the release of Tekken 5 !! That fool just said he hates it that' s how he should thank NAMCO

I' m not saying that Tekken 1 was a bad game, as a lot of gamers liked it. What I am saying is that I did NOT like Tekken 1 at all. Same goes for Tekken 2. Tekken 3 was an improvement but I still didn' t like it. Tekken Tag Tournament was one of the two arcade games that I actually walked away from before the end of Round 1, that' s how much I didn' t like it. Tekken 4 was soo uninspired.. Tekken 5 was amazing!

lotusson
  • Total Posts : 1212
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 29, 2005 21:44
The list is actually like part 4 of 1up.com' s Itagaki interview.

Earlier in the interview he stated why he hates Tekken so much. Apparently before DOA1 was released the " Tekken Team" said something mocking DOA, and Itagaki has NEVER forgiven them for that. He steps on Tekken every chance he gets.

Joe Redifer
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 29, 2005 22:54
I thought Tekken 5 was pretty ace. I actually had a lot of fun with it, a lot mroe fun than I;ve ever had with a DoA game, in fact. Tekken 4 was pretty good, as was Tekken 3 (nowhere in the same neighborhood as part 5, though). Tekken 1 and 2 made me ill.

Boss Hogg
  • Total Posts : 299
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 30, 2005 04:26
I have never liked Tekkan at all. I just find games like DOA & Soul Calibur a lot more fun. I always found that the fighting was to stiff for me.

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 30, 2005 05:18
i think i' ve made a mistake i took itagaki for Kutagari the playstation' s father ... now it makes sens to me, he' s the mastermind behind DOA he won' t say any positive thing about tekken... i prefer though Soul Calibur and Dead or alive

QuezcatoL
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 30, 2005 05:21
And i prefer doa over tekken serie,and ninja gaiden over devil may cry

Terry Bogard
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 30, 2005 08:43

I always found that the fighting was to stiff for me.

That' s EXACTLY how I felt about Tekken 1 & 2..

yoshimitsu15
  • Total Posts : 1038
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 30, 2005 10:40
I certiainly hope he wasn' t trying to say that Tekken never changes, thus why bother with the numbers. All I' m going to say is if you' ve played one DOA game you' ve played them all. Tekken has at least tried to mix it up. I hate Itagaki...he always says stupid shit. I remember when he said how great and interesting the ending movies for DOA were...the thing is I haven' t seen a fighting games ending movies worth a shit since...well, never.
In response to the following complaint I have decided to change my signature:

" by the way, yoshimitsu you might want to click the little checkbox that makes your signature disappear." -Jonah Shoemaker, Residential Dumbass

QuezcatoL
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 30, 2005 11:29
He also said in a kikizo interview that anyone who claim " Ninja gaiden" is to hard are just a loser.

whatabout_paul
  • Total Posts : 1227
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 30, 2005 15:33
The first Tekken hasn' t aged well at ALL. The first saw of it was in Tekken 5 and it' s soooo awful. Tekken 2 doesn' t fare much better but 3 is looking good. Personally I' m not a huge fan thought and 5 didn' t keep my attention for long.

Joe Redifer
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 30, 2005 16:48
At least Tekken 5 has a bunch of unlockable characters. And each character has their own intro and awesomely rendered ending. Dead or Alive has, what, 10 characters? I think stories in fighting games are stupid, but at least the CG in Tekken is worth watching because it is done so well. DoA' s CG is also done fairly well, but what was up with those giant head kids in Ultimate?

Dead or Alive is far too easy, and you only have to win a single match. The game is beaten in LESS than 5 minutes, easily. If you like simple easy baby games you will like Dead or Alive.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 1 Oct 05 0:49:34 >

Boss Hogg
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 30, 2005 17:12
The fighting in DOA is A LOT more smoother than Tekkan' s fighting. I find it a lot easier to pull off counters and throw moves easier.Not to mention Dead or Alive Ultimate has ONLINE play, and if you want to make the game harder you can just go to the options and raise the difficulty.

QuezcatoL
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 30, 2005 17:50
1UP: You have this perfectionism thing going on. If you aren' t satisfied with what you' ve done in the past, you polish it up and do it again. But what does this have to do with Armageddon?

TI: I' m a real straightforward guy, so not only do I always follow through on what I' ve decided to do, but if something like that is so annoying, I' m like " screw it, I don' t wanna deal with this" and I lose the urge to do anything at all. I' m sure that everyone knows someone like that. So it was at a time when everything got to be a pain, and I found myself watching movies all the time and that' s when I saw Armageddon, and it really affected me. It' s basically, to put it simply, the story of the strongest father on Earth. There' s no stronger father figure and no simpler person in the world than the main character in that movie. So after seeing that I felt silly at myself for getting fed up with all this pain in the ass stuff going on, so I felt it was time to give it another shot and move forward again. If there was no Armageddon, none of my games from Dead or Alive 3 onward would ever have been made.

1UP: So the gaming world basically has Bruce Willis to thank for Ninja Gaiden.

TI: Yeah, you should all say thanks to Jerry Bruckheimer.

Joe Redifer
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 30, 2005 18:26
Armageddon was one of the worst movies ever made! Well that and Con Air. I think that is hilarious, though.

Boss Hogg - you' re right, everything is easier in DoA because it is an easy game, meant for the beginner.

Boss Hogg
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 30, 2005 18:38
What about when you face other people joe dosent it get harder then?

Joe Redifer
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 30, 2005 20:10
#1 - Xbox Live is vastly overrated and I canceled my account because I hate it.

#2 - I rarely play with other individuals. I' m more of a single player guy.

Adam Doree
  • Total Posts : 1113
  • Reward points : 46210
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 30, 2005 21:14
In my view Tekken has always been a technically better fighting game than DOA. What is the big deal with the numbers after the game name? DOA is now at 4. What is his point? And, as for bitching about Namco coming up with spin-offs like DBD? Erm, hello? DOAX? I swear to god, I like Itagaki each time I meet him, he is fun to talk to, but he really needs to lay off the crack pipe from time to time.

Ah well at least he' s slagging off Tekken and not VF. That would really piss me off.

Terry Bogard
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 30, 2005 21:24
<-- imagining after Itagaki bad-mouths Virtua Fighter, Adam later conducts a video interview with him and uploads the edited version to the site, leaving out the deleted scene of him lunging at Itagaki at the end, lol..
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 1 Oct 05 5:26:41 >

Joe Redifer
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Sep 30, 2005 22:28

Ah well at least he' s slagging off Tekken and not VF. That would really piss me off.

Well he can' t really rip on Virtua Fighter, especially since the first Dead or Alive game ripped just about everything off from Virtua Fighter 2.

Auron
  • Total Posts : 157
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 01, 2005 03:02
I' ve never liked complex fighting games as however much I try, I simply cannot play them. So I prefer more accessible games like the DOA and Soul Calibur series where I can pull off moves with relative ease, does this make me a bad person?
< Message edited by Auron -- 1 Oct 05 11:03:47 >

Joe Redifer
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 01, 2005 04:06
Yes, quite.

lotusson
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 01, 2005 06:33
Joe, I know you like to talk, but at this point you' re really this trolling the thread. If you hate DOA so much then stop posting in DOA threads. Because every time you show up you bring a very negative attitude and turn the thread sour.

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 01, 2005 08:54
YO ADAM Actually Itagaki said that Doa is DEEPER than VF - They asked Yu Suzuki what he thinks about it and he just said " I don' t mind him saying that and I don' t really know DoA series that well" (not exact words) - I don' t have links but it was in Yu Suzuki' s interview.

Itagaki is Actually full of shit but I love Doa Series and Joe what does it mean " it' s short" ? It' s a fighting game u learn the moves and take on your friends it' s not for " single" gamers like you.

Doa made a few innovations like multi level arenas which are very cool and great enviroment interaction and TAG (that your beloved tekken tried to copy at some point) plus it made reversals so much fun.

Why make it complex when it' s fun as hell being simple?

I really liked Tekken 3 and after that ...I moved to Doa and SC on DC , and now SC 2 for deep system and DoA 3 for great style , much deeper than DoA2 system and cool characters.I really liked VF4 but didn' t get to toy with it enough and I will with VF5 since I know it' s the best of the best.

Ninja Gaiden is a cool game but with many flaws.

If he' s such a perfectionist , why didn' t he correct some issues effectively and just changed difficulty that noone complained about?(I mean noone asked for it to be even harder)

I' m affraid DoA4 doesn' t look like it will push the series anywhere new.
< Message edited by ]GaNgStA[ -- 1 Oct 05 16:57:18 >

QuezcatoL
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 01, 2005 09:35
Every game has it flaws,for me Ninja gaiden was the best action game i ever played,sure the camera could have been better,and they could have let you learned the game before meeting some of the first bosses,then to hear you are a loser if you think its to hard,when it was they who made it to hard in the start,ofc i can understand why,they wanted to let the player know that now we got you in this game,you have to be able to finish this now,its not gonna get easier and this is out game and not some other easy or normal game in terms of diffculty.
Now i finished NG in normal/hard and on hurricane pack 2.0 and love this game,its not hard as Itagaki said,its more about learning the enemies pattern,and stay away from them untill you got it.

Anyway i prefer and think Doa is better then Tekken and i also prefer NG over devil may cry etc.
But that is just my opinion not a " true fact" ofc.

I don' t care if doa 4 doesn' t push the serie so much as i want...all i demand is dead or alive with better graphic,and online capability.

Joe Redifer
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 01, 2005 13:00
Lotussun, this isn' t a DoA thread (though it' s starting to become one). Also, every time I show up I turn things sour? Thanks buddy, I love you, too! I will now ignore your post and continue.

Gangster, DoA is short because once you pick a character, you are watching the credits in less than 5 minutes, and there aren' t very many characters to choose from. Why does Itagaki insist of best 1 of 1 instead 2 out of 3? Are you trying to imply that fighting games are ONLY for multiple players? Why even bother with a single player mode, then? Why does everything that is unlocked REQUIRE single player mode to unlock it? Also, people who cannot be bothered to take the time to spell out the entire word " you" should not be listened to anyway. Good day!

PS - I probably will end up buying DoA 4 since I have all the rest of ' em. I have a right to criticize. If you disagree, then perhaps we should rename the place " Kikizo, where we say NOTHING BAD about anything in our forums" . Sounds dull, eh?
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 1 Oct 05 21:05:24 >

QuezcatoL
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 01, 2005 13:19

PS - I probably will end up buying DoA 4 since I have all the rest of ' em. I have a right to criticize. If you disagree, then perhaps we should rename the place " Kikizo, where we say NOTHING BAD about anything in our forums" . Sounds dull, eh?

Well,thats a problem with kikizo forum,that they have this " prize" so people doesn' t always say what they thinking.
Anyway joe redifier im a big noob at fighting games,but lets take some games over live >_< when doa 4 comes?.

]GaNgStA[
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 01, 2005 13:59
Joe it' s a forum so people give their opinions and YOU don' t really need to take it THAT personal.

Next time U point out that I can' t write " YOU" make sure U use words like " them" instead of " ' em "

The funny thing JOE is that U' re talking about " Story Mode " - not time attack , which is just as long as in any other game of that type (that doesn' t have that kind of story mode to begin with -eghTEKKENeghcoughcough).I usually play one or 2 characters in a fighting game to know the moves good and be able to fight my human opponents so I don' t care if you give me 40 characters of which I like 4.I' d rather have 10 with 4 or more that appeal to me and YES that' s DOA.

If U think fighting games are to be played like RPG' s on single then U don' t really get it (and yes SC2 is no exception).
I can spend a lot of time in DoA learning tactics and moves cuz then I' m fighting with friends and use it.Plus I think that survival here is great and makes me wanna repeat it.

U don' t like it - it' s cool Joe but U should get better arguments than " oh you say U and I don' t like you" cuz U' re waste of space here and take those precious KB when the site is loading.

:)

Quezacotl:
I love NG and agree that it' s a cool action title - I just said Itagaki is full of shit. (I' m actually playing NG BLACK NOW cuz I didn' t get to experience all the online content and it' s not really that much harder)

Terry Bogard
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 01, 2005 14:23
Actually fighting games are designed with both single player and multiple players in mind. If that wasn' t the case then you' d just be given one long ass training mode in which to train for your future battles against human opponents. I much prefer the single player experience and enjoy that aspect of fighting games more than playing with another human opponent. I' ve just never been much a fan of 2-player Co-op OR vs. games.

]GaNgStA[
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 01, 2005 14:49
And you call yourself Bogard?!?!

Yeah it' s true it is fun for a while but not as much as VS mode :)

Plus it actually is a training to unlock the stuff and shit , cuz you gain skillz.

But yeah I might have been wrong and single could be really fun to - just not as much as the real thing (VS) :)

QuezcatoL
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 01, 2005 14:54

And you call yourself Bogard?!?!

Yeah it' s true it is fun for a while but not as much as VS mode :)

Plus it actually is a training to unlock the stuff and shit , cuz you gain skillz.

But yeah I might have been wrong and single could be really fun to - just not as much as the real thing (VS) :)

I will/would kick your ass in doa4

]GaNgStA[
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 01, 2005 15:03
GRRRRRRRR

Watch out I' m also from EUROPE :)

oh and one more thing

YOU WISH PUSSY BOY!!! :)))))))))

Read it loud and remember well in the right order:

KO
GREAT
KO
GREATEST
GANGSTA WINS

QuezcatoL
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 01, 2005 15:04
Where you from?
I' m Swedish.

Joe Redifer
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 01, 2005 16:04
You' re from Europe? I can only imagine you speaking in that Gangsta style with an English accent.

I' m sorry my arguments are weak, Gangster, but I am an inferior human being. I do not like DoA as much as you and me saying otherwise wrecks your world.

lotusson
RE: Itagaki most loved and hates games,hilarious. - Oct 01, 2005 21:25

Lotussun, this isn' t a DoA thread

Lets not play stupid......

Page 1:
" What old schools simple games has Itagaki given us? He didn' t do Tecmo Bowl and I don' t think he did the original Ninja Gaiden' s, either. Of course games like Dead or Alive (any of them) are simple and easy, over within 5 minutes and beatable by anyone over the age of 3 minutes old."

" I thought Tekken 5 was pretty ace. I actually had a lot of fun with it, a lot mroe fun than I;ve ever had with a DoA game, in fact. Tekken 4 was pretty good, as was Tekken 3 (nowhere in the same neighborhood as part 5, though). Tekken 1 and 2 made me ill."

Page2:
" At least Tekken 5 has a bunch of unlockable characters. And each character has their own intro and awesomely rendered ending. Dead or Alive has, what, 10 characters? I think stories in fighting games are stupid, but at least the CG in Tekken is worth watching because it is done so well. DoA' s CG is also done fairly well, but what was up with those giant head kids in Ultimate? Dead or Alive is far too easy, and you only have to win a single match. The game is beaten in LESS than 5 minutes, easily. If you like simple easy baby games you will like Dead or Alive."

" Boss Hogg - you' re right, everything is easier in DoA because it is an easy game, meant for the beginner."

Page 3:
" Well he can' t really rip on Virtua Fighter, especially since the first Dead or Alive game ripped just about everything off from Virtua Fighter 2."

This is a DOA thread because you made it a DOA thread.

Also, every time I show up I turn things sour?

Where are your positive DOA comments in this thread? Because I' m having a hard time finding them.

Thanks buddy, I love you, too! I will now ignore your post and continue.

Wow.... I assumed you were more mature than this. Guess not.

PS - I probably will end up buying DoA 4 since I have all the rest of ' em.

Yes, I can' t wait! Months and months of you bItching about a game you purposely bought awaits us. Yay.......

I have a right to criticize.

There' s a difference between criticizing and complaing. All you do is complain about DOA. Even when someone tries to speak positively of the game you' re there to bring them down. It' s OBVIOUS you dislike DOA and don' t care for the series. Yet whenever DOA (or Itagaki in general) is mentioned, you fly off the handle.

Correct me if I' m wrong, but did Itagaki step on your babies?

If you disagree, then perhaps we should rename the place " Kikizo, where we say NOTHING BAD about anything in our forums" . Sounds dull, eh?

Ah, the " oH noeSSs tHey' RE atTacKiNg mY rIGhts" argument.

Seen it done countless times. Often used to justify grown men whining like babies. Well, if that' s how you wish to be treated, then so be it.

Ignore me all you want. I take comfort knowing your opinion is definitely NOT worth reading anymore.

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 63