Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Enchanted Arm
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 21 to 40 of 99
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Enchanted Arm - Jul 22, 2006 01:44
Lol I know ...I swear I was expecting them to send something like

' ' f@ck off and leave us alone everyone loves fps so shut up and love it oh and we haven' t announced such a title as shenmue3 *in cockney* so leave it out' '
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Enchanted Arm - Jul 22, 2006 01:47
While i detest generic first person shooters, i do love the genre and thing that 360' s pad is definately geared towards that kind of game.

Rainbow Six: Vegas and Brothers in Arms 3 (as well as CoD3) are high on my to buy list, mostly because of their tactical elements but also because team based online play is one of Xbox 360' s biggest strengths.

Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Enchanted Arm - Jul 22, 2006 01:58
I might give EnArm a try, I have found that anything that isn' t FF based, I quite
like...

I' ll be picking up FFXII when it comes out because it lacks the one thing I h8 most
about JRPG' s.... TURN BASED!!

The characters still look boring though, and the kid is still typical, and I think it
may be the fourth in a series of FF romance saga' s... Let' s face it... They all
basically ARE chick-flicks.. because everyone in FF is a chick, that' s why.
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Enchanted Arm - Jul 22, 2006 20:57
EnArm and N3 are both out already here...

Too bad I don' t have a 360 (yet) to play ' em and tell you guys how they are. Don' t have the time for it. End of year prolly...

By that time the US/Europe should both have gotten it, right?

PS: On the Singapore ' Brother of the Box' website, one of the guys said he played EnArm. It' s typical fare, but the magic effects are spectular...not much else =/
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Enchanted Arm - Jul 22, 2006 21:13
Yes,i think we all expect a good but nothing more RPG,from Enchanted arm,but its 50 hour long and a JPRG that use some next gen graphic,not in any jaw dropping way,but still...
Byakko

RE: Enchanted Arm - Jul 22, 2006 21:16
True. The best game From Software ever made is prolly the two Otogi games (hugs them)

If you never played them, FOR SHAME!

Anyway, I can' t shake the feeling that this COULD have been an Xbox project that was later moved to the 360.

Not like TP, where it' s more like a spruced up port. But the caliber of the character models and some background elements (judging from the trailer) look like they belong on the Box.
QuezcatoL

RE: Enchanted Arm - Jul 22, 2006 21:18
Could be so,that it was intended for the xbox.
However enchanted arm wouldn' t work on a ps2 or xbox,and its just a nice way to give jprg until BD hit the markt.
Tiz

RE: Enchanted Arm - Jul 25, 2006 18:13
Just looking at 3 videos of enarm, and I have to say, I am quite impressed by the
visual quality, even if the story so far is very reminiscent of a typical japanese
high school story.

Now Majik, I need you to tell me how to do screen caps from videos because I
dunno, there are some sexy screens that I need to put up of EnArm.. do I need
a special program?
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Enchanted Arm - Jul 25, 2006 20:57
TAZ i feel sorry for you i heard how u got murked at DOA

NOT ALLOWED to leave
Nitro

RE: Enchanted Arm - Jul 25, 2006 21:16
Nah, just get the latest version of Power DVD, set the capture resolution to what the video is encoded at and use the capture button.

I need to buy some stuff to enable me to do direct source video capture!
QuezcatoL

RE: Enchanted Arm - Jul 25, 2006 21:47
Get Fraps.

www.fraps.com

And it let you print under videos.
Gaiden BLACK

RE: Enchanted Arm - Jul 25, 2006 23:14
TAZ RING ME WHEN U GET THIS MESSAGE. I WANT U TO COME AROUND WITH 360 COS I HEARD THAT U ARE TRYING TO BE BEAST AT DOA AND I WANT TO MURK U ON HOME TURF
Tiz

RE: Enchanted Arm - Jul 25, 2006 23:15

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

Nah, just get the latest version of Power DVD, set the capture resolution to what the video is encoded at and use the capture button.
I need to buy some stuff to enable me to do direct source video capture!

Er.... in english?

I have PowerDVD(i think ), so I' ll try it tonight, this game needs to be seen. The
improvements are amazing. The only thing that is throwing me off is the grid
system. But from what I have seen, the nasty long bits can be fast-forwarded.

I like the Queen of Ice design.. It' s cool (no pun intended, honestly)
Gaiden BLACK

RE: Enchanted Arm - Jul 25, 2006 23:27
OI TAZ DID U GET MA MESSAGE. ARE U COMING OR NOT? AND IF U DIDNT GET MY EARLIER MESSAGE I JUST WANTED U TO RING ME ASAP. EDD
QuezcatoL

RE: Enchanted Arm - Jul 25, 2006 23:32
Enchanted arms FTW

I loved the graphic,was nothing jaw dropping,it was just very nice.
Nitro

RE: Enchanted Arm - Jul 25, 2006 23:48
Enchanted Arms sucks, ...well, [eM] -eNCHANT arM- sucked!

Nice exterior locations do not make up for the huge number of issues this game has. The animations, dialogue and character modelling are all exceptionally poor. This ISN' T next gen!

QuezcatoL

RE: Enchanted Arm - Jul 25, 2006 23:49
Go and play some nintend wii with gangsta noob
Tiz

RE: Enchanted Arm - Jul 26, 2006 01:13

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

Enchanted Arms sucks, ...well, [eM] -eNCHANT arM- sucked!

Nice exterior locations do not make up for the huge number of issues this game has. The animations, dialogue and character modelling are all exceptionally poor. This ISN' T next gen!

I hope that you' re speculating Majik and you haven' t actually played it.

I also hope that you are not saying that after seeing the Xboxyde videos..

No matter, I' ll put some screens up tonight, I too thought this game was a pile
of smouldering skanky sh1t, but that was back when it looked like it was done on
a PS2.

Now though... They branched out, and while it still looks like one of the lesser 360
titles, it is the first JRPG that looks the part. Also, the characters and animations
aren' t bad, just cliched and done to death, and come on, he has a FIERY (spellcheck)
arm... Who wouldn' t want that?

I also hate generic RPG' s, generic being all FF' s up to XI, XII is going to be bought!

The only quam I have with [eM] is the battle grid system..

The rest of the game looks quite pretty actually.
Byakko

RE: Enchanted Arm - Jul 31, 2006 12:01
Okay, I' m buddies with a guy down at the game store, so he lets me play his 360 (which is usually on display, and you just have to ask him to let you play it).

Sooo, I tried out Enchant Arm. He started it a bit already, so I used an old game save and decided to test out the battles. Since it' s not ATB, didn' t really have to worry about mussing up with random attacks.

Anyway, I kinda figured it was like a Tactics game. Using the golem made me have flashbacks to Pokemon, but I guess everyone knew that. It' s like having low-level summons from FF, only no impressive summoning sequence.

You guys all know, the special effects are spectular! And after randomingly selecting the most powerful attacks I could use considering the Energy Points or whatever, I DID pull off ONE impressive combo. Not the best prolly, since it' s the early game. But impressive.

Random encounters were SLIGHTLY annoying. The frequency rate wasn' t enough to make me pull my hair out, but like I predicted. Having this slow grid-based battle thing AND random encounters is still annoying.

Graphics overall, were slightly better when I was playing the game instead of just looking at a video. BUT, it' s not very immersive.

It was the game design. Not enough elements/details. Things were just kinda flat, and comparing this to Jade Empire, I still have to say that despite being smoother, the rest of it was behind that current-gen gem. Same thing about the character models.

Overall, it' s a game you CAN play through. Nothing super annoying, but nothing GREAT either. Really just a mediocre starter till we get Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Enchanted Arm - Jul 31, 2006 12:38
I like RPGs but my hopes aren' t high for this one, hope it ends up good.

And I liked all FF' s I' ve played, except for part V, X-2, and XI ... 4/6/7/8/9/10 were all excellent, XII looks damn good too. I think it wont have progressive scan so it' ll be painful to play though :(
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 31 Jul 06 4:41:04 >
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 21 to 40 of 99

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread