Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 hey who watches family guy
Viperman200

• Total Posts : 8
hey who watches family guy - Jun 28, 2004 16:49
hey family guy is the funnest cartoon in the world i think tell me what you guys think
CapnCrunch311

• Total Posts : 285
RE: hey who watches family guy - Jun 28, 2004 17:55
I love it! I own all three seasons on DVD. I recommend that you buy them if you haven' t already.
otaku

• Total Posts : 195
RE: hey who watches family guy - Jun 28, 2004 19:19
I am not a fan. Its just something that doesn' t appeal to me at all. i don' t know why. A friend told me he loves it due to their film refrences, but I' m not a big movie fan either...

...Seems I am a very boring guy
CapnCrunch311

• Total Posts : 285
RE: hey who watches family guy - Jun 28, 2004 21:58
Anyone whi is a fan of Seth MacFarlene or Family Guy read this:

AMERICAN DAD, from “Family Guy” creator SETH MacFARLANE, is the animated story of STAN SMITH (MacFARLANE), who works for the CIA and is constantly on the alert for terrorist activity. Stan will go to extremes to protect his beloved America from harm – as evidenced by the terror-alert color code on his fridge, and his frequent knee-jerk reaction of shooting holes in the toaster whenever the toast pops up. In addition to Stan’s wife and teenage children, the Smith household has two rather unconventional members. There’s ROGER (MacFARLANE), the sarcastic space alien Stan rescued from Area 51 who deeply resents the fact that he’s not allowed to leave the house, and KLAUS (DEE BRADLEY BAKER, “Stripperella,” “Johnny Bravo”), a lascivious, German-speaking goldfish – the result of a CIA experiment gone seriously wrong. - FOX

Also, new episodes of Family Guy come out next year on the Cartoon Network.

Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: hey who watches family guy - Jun 28, 2004 23:23
I to own all 3 seasons on DVD. And definatly can' t wait for the revival of the show. I just love the pure randomness of the show. It also goes just that much closer to the edge with tis humor.

I' m glad the new shows are gonna be on Cartoon Network cuz the adult swim section seems like a perfect home, right there with Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Sealab2021.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: hey who watches family guy - Jun 29, 2004 06:39
I love Familly Guy Funnyest cartoon on the planet.

New Episodes end of this year not Next year.

Fox has the Familly Guy Licence.The New Episodes will be on FOX.
But Cartoon Network will be involved.
< Message edited by russian mobster -- 6/29/2004 6:40:58 AM >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: hey who watches family guy - Jun 29, 2004 18:14
Aww fox has to many restrictions..but I guess it won' t effect the show too much.
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: hey who watches family guy - Jun 29, 2004 19:09
Family guy is one of the best written cartoon shows I' ve seen. I have watched all 3 seasons of it. It' s just a shame that it' s popularity didn' t grow when it was free to watch on tv, but people are willing to go buy the dvd' s instead
otaku

• Total Posts : 195
RE: hey who watches family guy - Jun 29, 2004 19:57
Seems that I am the only one who' s not a fan of the Series.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: hey who watches family guy - Jun 29, 2004 20:35
How can u not be a fan???
Do u like Simpsons???

The writing is excellent in familly guy.
+This cartoon did everything others were too afraid to do.

But im still sad that Futuram got cancelled.
I Still catch the reruns of Familly Guy and Futurama on Cartoon Network.

I posted this on February 27, 2004 on kikizo.com
http://forums.kikizo.com/tm.asp?m=2801&appid=&p=&mpage=1&key=family%2Cguy&language=single&tmode=&smode=&s=#3602

Rejoice, Griffin fans, production is about to restart on The Family Guy. Seth MacFarlane, the brains behind the show, tells IGN he' s been given the go-ahead and the only question mark left is whether the new material will air initially on Fox or on Cartoon Network.

" Cartoon Network will be involved regardless," he says. " Whether it goes there permanently or winds up on Fox first and then Cartoon Network remains to be seen. So at the very least it will be on Cartoon Network, which is great because at the end of the day that' s where we built our biggest fan base. So I' m happy either way."

He' s doing what he can to restore as much of the old writing team as possible. However, there are a lot of good writers looking for work in Hollywood thanks to the reality show craze.

In fact, the series lost a few people before season three began, but MacFarlane expects to get back more of the original writers now than he did when season three was in production. The voice over actors won' t be too much of a problem since it' s animated and the voice recordings can be done around the actor' s schedule.

If production begins in April, as he hopes, MacFarlane will present the new material to Fox around December, and it will decide if it picks up the show for 2005 or if it goes directly to Cartoon Network. That may seem like a long time, but MacFarlane says it would take even longer to get something done if he didn' t have five leftover scripts from the show. Three are in good shape but two will need some rewrites, he says.

The resurrection of The Family Guy comes after a groundswell of fan support, the strong ratings on Cartoon Network and stellar sales of the DVD sets. The Family Guy Volume 1 and Volume 2 have combined sales of close to two million units, according to MacFarlane.

" I think that' s what made them sit up and take notice and say maybe there' s more money to be made off this property and this thing is not dead yet," he says. " Because of DVD and cable, the show has been able to build an audience that, in the past, a show could only build on a network. So it' s an indication that the landscape is changing a lot."

Needless to say, he' s happy to do double duty with The Family Guy and American Dad " It' s gonna be a challenge but this is what I do and what I love doing, so it' s a monumental challenge that I' m happy to undertake. I' m thrilled. I think it' s great," says MacFarlane.
< Message edited by russian mobster -- 6/29/2004 8:40:27 PM >
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: hey who watches family guy - Jun 30, 2004 04:11
Family guy is one of my favorite shows and I was so happy to hear that they were making a new season of it.
Funny offensive comedy is its game which may turn some off but I think it' s hilarious.
I second that about being dissappointed about Futurama being cancelled, I really liked that show too.
Another show that I wasn' t happy to hear that it wasn' t coming back was Clone high. Anyone watch it? It was only around for one season
RCOrcutt

• Total Posts : 27
RE: hey who watches family guy - Jun 30, 2004 05:15
so very very good
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: hey who watches family guy - Jun 30, 2004 23:03
What a funny show. I enjoy it. Different than the simpson' s but just as enjoyable.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll