Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Your latest Music CD purchases!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
Your latest Music CD purchases! - Dec 17, 2004 04:18
Similar to the Latest game purchases and games you' ve beaten threads over in the gaming section I figured why not have one for music!

Anyways this week I got:

1. SegaAges Sound Track The Best Plus: Not bad. Comes in as a double disc set with the original arcade themes on the first disc and the Sega Ages sound versions on the second disc 2. There are 47 tracks containing music from Sega classics like Fantasy Zone, Space Harrier, Golden Axe, Gain Ground, After Burner II, Outrun, Alien Syndrome, and Virtua Fighter 2. There' s also a bonus track featuring arranged music of the After Burner theme. All in all I' d have to say that the CD isn' t really worth the price. I have most of the Sega Ages games and think they made some odd choices in some of the songs they included and some of the ones they left out. At a lesser price this CD could have been a good purchase as there ARE some good themes on here, just not enough of them.

2. Street Fighter Tribute Album: This one is nice. Cost the same as the SegaAges soundtrack CD and features a wide variety of arranged & remixed Street Fighter 2 music. In fact each character theme (there' s a total of 12) is done by a different composer. But what initially drew me to this CD and propelled me to buy it right away were two names listed on the disc: 1. Yuzo Koshiro (Streets of Rage series, Act Raiser series, Revenge of Shinobi) and 2. Shinji Hosoe (Dragon Spirit & Dragon Saber).... Squaresoft fans will also be happy to know that Yasunori Mitsuda has a track on here as well (Blanka' s theme). Overall I like what I' ve heard so far. Even though I' ve already listened to the entire CD I still need to give it a much better listen in order to fully appreciate the really good songs.

3. " Butterfly" - Fatal Frame Crimson Butterfly Image Song Single: I picked this one up mainly for the Japanese vocal theme song that was added to the Fatal Frame 2 trailer way back when. Totally loved it and it' s on this CD in very fine form. Being a single, the CD was of course cheap and there are a total of 2 tracks with the second track containing a pretty fruity sounding -- in a colorful platformer sense -- theme that seemed to be a last minute addition made just to throw in a bonus track to occupy some of the remaining space.

Last Week I got:

1. SEGA Saturn History part 2: Very nice 2 disc set containing a variety of cool songs heard throughout the Saturn era. The two discs contain mostly Sega and Capcom game themes. I' ll definitely be getting part 1 of this CD before the end of the year.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Your latest Music CD purchases! - Dec 17, 2004 05:35
Linkin Park- Collision Course
Sweet Cd, sadly only six songs long though. Technically there are 13 songs but they are mixed together to form 6. If you are a fan of Linkin Park or Jay-Z you' ll love this CD.

Billy Talent
This band kicks @$$. Seriously. I was awe struck the first time I heard them. They have a very unique sound and it packs some sweet lyrics.
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: Your latest Music CD purchases! - Dec 17, 2004 05:57
I saw a concert on TV couple weeks back with Linkin PArk and Jay-Z together.
Was kinda cool
Had Billy Talent long ago (Go canadian talent woo)

Latest stuff I got was some Juliana Theory
IORI YAGAMI1211

• Total Posts : 185
RE: Your latest Music CD purchases! - Dec 17, 2004 13:28

audioslave
Slipknot
Shadow Falls:this is a really good rock group
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Your latest Music CD purchases! - Dec 17, 2004 18:29
My latest two purchases were:

Secret Garden - Dreamcatcher (Irish duo)
RUSH - All The World' s a Stage
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Your latest Music CD purchases! - Dec 17, 2004 22:50
Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Christmas Eve Lost (or soemthing liek that)
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Your latest Music CD purchases! - Dec 17, 2004 23:14
I' m depressed... it' s been ages since I last bought an album because I' ve been poor. I get paid by my new job on Monday so I' ll have to go out and get something.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Your latest Music CD purchases! - Dec 17, 2004 23:25
as of late i havent be buying much music, nothing that really catchs my attention, yes their are a lot of those ' best of' ablums but they are not really worth the money. Speaking of money i do not have any, might get some for crimbo though.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Your latest Music CD purchases! - Dec 18, 2004 00:20
Street Fighter Tribute Album
This one is pretty nice overall. A must own.

Segarock Volumes 1 and 2
A definite must own!

Sega Saturn History~Saturn was our Youth~First and Last volume
Some pretty cool stuff on here and a great compilation.

Sega Ages Soundtrack the Best PLUS!
Not too bad. Could be better. I was hoping for some of the Saturn Sega Ages arrangements as well, not just the PS2 Sega Ages stuff.

Y' s Healing
I' ve only listened to this once so far. Only 10 tracks and it is mostly newish-wave type orchestral from what I remember. It' s not bad, I' ll have to listen to it again.
Eastwood

• Total Posts : 158
RE: Your latest Music CD purchases! - Dec 20, 2004 20:20
My most recent CD purchases were this morning as a matter of fact. I bought:

1) Greyboy - Shades of grey
2) Shawn Lee' s Ping Pong Orchestra

Both off Ubiquity records and are AWESOME! esp greyboy...
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Your latest Music CD purchases! - Dec 20, 2004 22:50
Kasabian- Kasabian
Interpol - Antics

I' ve heard some of their stuff on TV and both bands I liked the sound of. After a brief listen I think I like ' em.
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Your latest Music CD purchases! - Dec 30, 2004 09:35
from autumn to ashes - the fiction we live
saves the day - stay what you are
handsome boy modeling school - white people
atmosphere - seven' s tavels
rise against - reveloutions per minute
atreyu - the curse
strung out - exile in oblivion
straylight run
funeral for a friend - casually dressed and deep in conversation
< Message edited by the.ben -- 12/30/2004 9:36:31 AM >
DavidWhite

• Total Posts : 8
RE: Your latest Music CD purchases! - Dec 30, 2004 20:48
Rush is awesome Sharon. I saw them here in Denver, CO in August. What a great show. 3 hours of RUSH alone.

I just got

Peach' s Healing Music- Some of the great softer music from Nintendo franchises

Metal Gear Solid 3- to strange, doesn' t feel like Metal Gear at all.

VAST- nude. Good but not as good as " music for people"

Eastwood

• Total Posts : 158
RE: Your latest Music CD purchases! - Jan 07, 2005 14:27
Just one....and my god its great!

Shawn Lee' s Ping Pong Orchestra.......just check it out....sounds like oceans 11 songs. soo nice.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Your latest Music CD purchases! - Jan 07, 2005 14:59
The Best oF Bowie
Star Tekkie

• Total Posts : 97
RE: Your latest Music CD purchases! - Jan 07, 2005 15:36
ooooh Bowie!

The last CD I got was actually a gift at Christmas.. U2' s How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
ozzylab

• Total Posts : 3
RE: Your latest Music CD purchases! - Jan 08, 2005 12:35
Today i bought Now thats what i call music 59and its ok but i supposeisay its like that that because ive got a lot of the songs already lol!

I got Cd' s for chrimbo, Natasha Bedingfield, Kylie, Mcfly and Blue.
Iwas gonna buy the single Against All Odds (copy) by Steve " SOMETHING" but i didnt and i dont know why lol!
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Your latest Music CD purchases! - Jan 11, 2005 14:24
If u mean purchase by downloading it then it has to be the 4 CD' s by Trans Siberian Orchestra.
otaku

• Total Posts : 195
RE: Your latest Music CD purchases! - Jan 14, 2005 18:31
Just before I went onmy Christmas Holiday I picked up 4 CD' s of hiphop and RnB from 2004 at the Airport. In total only cost me £20 too :)
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Your latest Music CD purchases! - Jan 18, 2005 10:36
I recently picked up the Eminem CD known as Encore...not necessarily his best, but not his worst either...good throughout, though.

My eyes are also set on getting the Ashanti CD known as Concrete Rose, but I first want to hear more from the track list.

Recently heard an artist I had all but forgotten...Jethro Tull. Listened to his 2-disc greatest hits, and thought that this maybe just what my classic rock collection needs...so, maybe I' ll add Jethro Tull soon.

On the Country music side of the house, I recently picked up the Toby Keith CD known as Greatest Hits 2.

Hey, anyone know where I can pick up some Aldo Nova or early (1st or second album) Def Leppard at a decent price?

Also, I am looking for a CD from an 80' s japanese heavy metal group called Loudness, specifically a CD called Thunder In The East. Anyone have ideas on where to get this one at a decent price?
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 1/18/2005 12:40:05 PM >
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread