Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Final Fantasy movie
jars

• Total Posts : 148
Final Fantasy movie - Jun 11, 2004 00:53
i wish they would make a Final Fantasy feature length film. And i don' t mean a CG film. I mean a film with real hollywood (or otherwise) actors. And i wish they would get our favorite E3 Babe of the Show Stephanie Conrad to be the leading lady. God, she looks like they pulled her right out of a Final Fantasy game.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Final Fantasy movie - Jun 11, 2004 01:04
Technically this is in the wrong forum.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Final Fantasy movie - Jun 11, 2004 01:14
Being a huge FF fan, you have no idea how much I DON' T want that to happen.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Final Fantasy movie - Jun 11, 2004 01:19
OMG The Spiritz Within wasn' t good enough for you? If not, then you are not a true hardcore Final Fantasy fan! Just like Itagaki says that only the true gamer can appreciate Ninja gaiden for Xbox. Itagaki is an assclown, and so am I! Obviously people who visit movie theaters hate Final Fantasy, and no matter what they did, it would probably fail just like Street Fighter the Movie.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Final Fantasy movie - Jun 11, 2004 03:19
OH gawd, the first movie was awful enough! Please NO more!
fathoms

Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Final Fantasy movie - Jun 11, 2004 03:33
This was my favorite part of the review:

In reviewing a movie like this, I am torn apart inside between its crap elements and its story. The story is nuts and without the intelligence and daring of, say, Steven Spielberg' s ' ' A.I.' ' But the look of the film is revolutionary. ' ' Final Fantasy' ' is a technical milestone, like the first talkies or 3-D movies. You want to see it whether you care about aliens or space cannons. It exists in a category of its own, the first citizen of the new world of cyberfilm.

Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Final Fantasy movie - Jun 11, 2004 03:37
I guess the guy never saw Toy Story. Or Bug' s Life. Or Toy Story 2. Or AntZ. All of which came out long before Final Fantasy " Teh Spritz Wifin" .
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 6/10/2004 9:37:46 PM >
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Final Fantasy movie - Jun 11, 2004 04:40
Ebert is past his prime.
Idekii

• Total Posts : 52
RE: Final Fantasy movie - Jun 11, 2004 04:40
The only problem with doing a Final Fantasy movie is that to me it would seem quite difficult to get all the story needed for Final Fantasyhood and keep it from being some 10-hour monstrosity. Now a Final Fantasy anime series... now that would be good. And I' m not talking about that Final Fantasy Unlimited crap either - I' m talking something on the level of Gundam or Outlaw Star or something like that.
fathoms

RE: Final Fantasy movie - Jun 11, 2004 12:57
lotusson: Yes, because we all know that a demanding career like movie reviewer has a " prime" than can be " past."

Joe: Those other movies weren' t nearly as impressive technically, IMO. It' s a whole different thing. I liked most of them, though.
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: Final Fantasy movie - Jun 11, 2004 19:09
I thought the spirits within was alright nothing really good or really bad.
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Final Fantasy movie - Jun 12, 2004 10:06

ORIGINAL: Idekii

Now a Final Fantasy anime series... now that would be good.

I never thought about that before, that is a crazy good idea

About the other final fantasy movie, I thought it was sweet! I made my friend watch it(who hates the FF name) and he didn' t believe me when I told him it was all done in CG. He said some of it HAD to be real people.

This FF: Advent children is like a CG movie based on FFVII....I don' t know what to think about it yet
jars

• Total Posts : 148
RE: Final Fantasy movie - Jun 14, 2004 00:49
i would Love for there to be FF anime series! especially if the music is as good as it is in the games.
SoulOfXion

• Total Posts : 21
RE: Final Fantasy movie - Jun 14, 2004 22:47
that' d be horrible, Square are absolute geniuses at cg, and ff should stay to cg, spitits within was amazing, and advent children prob will too

and for all you who do nto know, there was a ff anime series.....looked to be a bit kiddie but it was a anime
< Message edited by SoulOfXion -- 6/14/2004 10:48:02 PM >
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Final Fantasy movie - Jun 15, 2004 15:18
The Spirits Within was one of the greatest CGI Movies EVER made.I hate the FF games but i loved the movie.

I was hoping they will release advent Children to theaters but its going straight to DVD.

U cant even compare Toy story or A Bugs Life to FF Spirits Within.Toy Story and A Bugs Life were to plain compared to the life like detail in Spirits Within.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll