Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Peter Moore admit lots of failures and finally react!!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 34
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Peter Moore admit lots of failures and finally react!! - Jul 06, 2007 06:55
Every gamer with a 360 get a 3 year warranty since purch,to fix the red light,thats right so for 1.5 year ahead you wont even have to tell the support when you got it,they know its gonna be fixed.

GJ.

A 3 year warranty in a store,well atleast in Sweden cost around 80-100+$
Now Xbox360 looks even more worth its money for lots of gamers
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 5 Jul 07 23:03:02 >
SpaceJase

• Total Posts : 170
RE: Peter Moore admit lots of failures and finally react!! - Jul 06, 2007 07:49
Excellent news! This takes away the paranoia of turning on my 360.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Peter Moore admit lots of failures and finally react!! - Jul 06, 2007 07:55
It' s about fucking time. I bet the 360' s are costing MS more money than the PS3' s for Sony because of console failure.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Peter Moore admit lots of failures and finally react!! - Jul 06, 2007 08:29
Phew, I hope this applies to every unit, every country, because my 360 broke
down, and it' s a 2005 unit, and I was told that M$ are only recalling the ones in
America and giving free replacements, but not the ones in UK which blows ass.

It' s good they' re doing this, what shoddy deal did they sign with the anti-christ of
trading standards? The failure rate is ridiculous...
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Peter Moore admit lots of failures and finally react!! - Jul 06, 2007 09:35
This issue is not going to be easily fixed or go away without a fight, remember even if they make stable units partically every 360 has to be replaced.

I just hope they have 6-7 million boxes ready.
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 6 Jul 07 1:36:25 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Peter Moore admit lots of failures and finally react!! - Jul 06, 2007 09:56
this is not a fix to the situation , they should invest in fixing the problem from the root, change the heatsink or something... this reaction has just made it official, " we fucked up the hardware, we' re sorry"
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Peter Moore admit lots of failures and finally react!! - Jul 06, 2007 09:57

this is not a fix to the situation

For us with non hacked xbox360 it is atleast something.
Abasoufiane

RE: Peter Moore admit lots of failures and finally react!! - Jul 06, 2007 10:26
of course it' s soemthing but it' s far fromenough , you can fix something by extending the warranty, this is not a fix, peopel need to be sure that their system won' t break, it always sucks when you go through the hassle of sending your console back plus your wasted time... MS might lose the whole console war just because of this.

notice that it took them forever to act like this, if it wasn' t for the media " lately" which put a huge pression by writing many articles about the critical situation, MS wouldn' t do much... the media, forums are our only weapons against those companies, god bless internet.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Peter Moore admit lots of failures and finally react!! - Jul 06, 2007 10:46

this is not a fix to the situation , they should invest in fixing the problem from the root, change the heatsink or something... this reaction has just made it official, " we ***ed up the hardware, we' re sorry"

Im all for fixing the problem, but at the rate 360s are breaking, Wouldnt you think they have more fixing to do than selling?
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Peter Moore admit lots of failures and finally react!! - Jul 06, 2007 10:51
Specific information can be found here
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Peter Moore admit lots of failures and finally react!! - Jul 06, 2007 13:21
AWESOME, cause my 360 just now is back to 3 red lights.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Peter Moore admit lots of failures and finally react!! - Jul 06, 2007 15:20

AWESOME, cause my 360 just now is back to 3 red lights.

Did you try the towel?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Peter Moore admit lots of failures and finally react!! - Jul 06, 2007 15:47
This makes me reliefed, hopefully ill get a working one that will last me the entire lifespan of the console!
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Peter Moore admit lots of failures and finally react!! - Jul 06, 2007 16:09

A 3 year warranty in a store,well atleast in Sweden cost around 80-100+$
Now Xbox360 looks even more worth its money for lots of gamers

While it' s a good thing that they are taking care of the people who already bought one, I highly disagree with the statement that its worth its money even more so now.

For me, I don' t want to know that when my console bricks(which all 360' s currently will) that they will replace it(takes a week minimum, more like a month for most). I want to know it will not break, and that if it does, its a rare case.

I have been working a lot lately, and have got enough cash to drop a sizeable chunk towards gaming. Since I' m waiting for DLP TV' s to become more prolific with LED units I really only have two options, a new console, or a new comp.

Considering I don' t want a comp for anything but Crysis, and would rather wait till its out for a while so I have a rig that can run it at high settings, I really only have one option.

So, I have been thinking about the 360. But I' m having a hard time rationalizing it knowing the Elites aren' t made much(if at all) better, and are still on a 90nm chipset. I want to play Forza and Bioshock, not to mention more games to come this fall, but I don' t wanna end up with a brickbox after spending $550 CDN on an elite.

So to sum up. It' s great they admitted it fucked up. But it doesn' t mean that 360' s still need to shape up and need to prove they don' t break so much anymore. For a guy like me who has owned so many consoles over the years, and so many computers, monitors, TV' s, Cd players, everything electronic pretty much, and had good experiences with 90% of them, its really hard to accept the miserable reliability of the 360.

AND GOD DAMN IT I WANT ONE! Bioshock looks so badass.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Peter Moore admit lots of failures and finally react!! - Jul 06, 2007 16:28
If you want one get one, if your worried your little pool of money will be wasted spend it on something else. My 360 is over a year old and nothing wrong with it, it gets used for at least an average of 4-5 hours a day. The only issue I had was a game disc that was faulty. Oh and a kitten playing with the component cable, the TV which it uses has given me more problems and that is 9 months old! You have 2 choices either get one or don' t. Don' t whine about value for money, no console is value for money as it is a luxury item.

As for this extended warrenty I would suggest that this is something of a start from M$ regarding this issue, and I would like to think that there will be further announcements in the coming weeks and months regarding this and other 360 issues.
< Message edited by alijay034 -- 6 Jul 07 18:59:46 >
Dagashi

RE: Peter Moore admit lots of failures and finally react!! - Jul 06, 2007 16:45

ORIGINAL: alijay034

If you want one get one, if your worried you little pool ogf money will be wasted spend it on something else. My 360 is over a year old and nothing wrong with it, it gets used for at least an average of 4-5 hours a day. The only issue I had was a game disc that was faulty. Oh and a kitten playing with the component cable, the TV which it uses has given me more problems and that is 9 months old! You have 2 choices either get one or don' t. Don' t whine about value for money, no console is value for money as it is a luxury item.

As for this extended warrenty I would suggest that this is something of a start from M$ regarding this issue, and I would like to think that there will be further announcements in the coming weeks and months regarding this and other 360 issues.

For someone with kids and who is supposedly mature, your responses are sure antagonistic and snide.

Don' t whine about value for money, no console is value for money as it is a luxury item.

Maybe true, but some are better value than others. Just like with cars, hell, like most things in this world. The 360 would be great value for money
if it didn' t break.

Also, just because your 360 hasn' t broken, that doesn' t mean that 3 out of 4 guys I know haven' t had theirs break, not to mention the fact that everyone else on this forum seems to have had a 360 brick.

if your worried you little pool ogf money will be wasted spend it on something else.

For someone who says ps3' s cost way too much, you sure talk a lot of trash to me when all I' m saying is that I would be dissapointed to have a $550 console break on me.
Dagashi

RE: Peter Moore admit lots of failures and finally react!! - Jul 06, 2007 16:57
I should add that I am planning on buying a 360 Elite when Bioshock releases, I just can' t pretend that I' m not a bit concerned that I might have to end up sending it in within a year.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Peter Moore admit lots of failures and finally react!! - Jul 06, 2007 17:19
Good for you, I' m sure you will enjoy it. And even if you do have to send it back it won' t cost you anything, so won' t impact its value.

To refer back to the analogy earlier, if you bought a car new, you would have to send that back to the manufacturer (well, their representative the dealer) in order to have it serviced every year to validate the warranty. We don' t have to with consoles
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Peter Moore admit lots of failures and finally react!! - Jul 06, 2007 17:51
Well Dagashi, I agree with you on this one.

WHen Gears came out I wanted a 360. The failure rate of the system turned me off, I intended to wait until new manufactured units 65nm etc that will hopefully not have the same issue before buying one.

Still this is good for the ones who already own the system, but I don' t want to buy the system and have the hassle of sending it back x amount of times during the 360' s life span.
Abasoufiane

RE: Peter Moore admit lots of failures and finally react!! - Jul 06, 2007 19:30

Well Dagashi, I agree with you on this one.

WHen Gears came out I wanted a 360. The failure rate of the system turned me off, I intended to wait until new manufactured units 65nm etc that will hopefully not have the same issue before buying one.

Still this is good for the ones who already own the system, but I don' t want to buy the system and have the hassle of sending it back x amount of times during the 360' s life span.

This is obvious, you do not want to send your console back each time, you don' t want to know that your console might die anytime, waste of time and giving you more stress. A LOT OF PEOPLE will be turned off for sure from buying a 360 and wait until things get fixed, When Microsoft will REALLY feel the burn, they will change the manufacturing NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.

i remember Anti sony people pointing that sony consoles fail and bla bla bla and that with MS they don' t have to worry about that... MS released the most fucked up console ever in the history of video games.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 34

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message