Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ninja or Samurai
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 44
bradley harper

• Total Posts : 172
Ninja or Samurai - Oct 27, 2004 18:22
wich do you preffer?
Reznor

• Total Posts : 123
RE: Ninja or Samurai - Oct 27, 2004 18:24
Ninja
bradley harper

RE: Ninja or Samurai - Oct 27, 2004 18:26
nice reznor
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Ninja or Samurai - Oct 27, 2004 22:31
Samurai...you' ve got to have some honor.
bradley harper

RE: Ninja or Samurai - Oct 27, 2004 23:46
ninja also have honor in the ninja lineage but always. keep their honor first, and thier heart second. but as the samurai lives by his sword he will die by the sword.

there is a hidden message in the words do you have the honor and skill to find it?
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Ninja or Samurai - Oct 28, 2004 00:07
With what I understand from my limited research on feudal Japan, Ninja were ' highly skilled assassins' . But er... they got wiped out en-masse by the Samurai who were like the enforcers paid by the people in charge. War ended however and the Samurai were disbanded as the Ninja' s had been all but wiped out. In fact the ' traditional' Ninja we think of today (Think Ryo Hayabusa) are a thing of legend created over time in their absence. Nobody even knows if they used to wear black... in fact it is believed the Ninja' s dressed as civilians or other outfits to elude Samurai.

Samurai traditionally first used the Katana, the finest looking swords on earth while the Ninja tried to be a jack of all trades turning every weapon they came across into their own.

Personally, I think Samurai rock. I want a katana!
bradley harper

RE: Ninja or Samurai - Oct 28, 2004 00:31
So you think the ninja got wiped out huh. well ill tell you a little secret the ninja still live on to this day. and yet they may not be as active as there ancesters used to be. but the ninja were nothing but tools hired by other samurai. to take out maybe a unit or two before they could go into battle. there was this samurai named Eyaesu Tokugawa that always used the ninja. But the ninja will no longer sufice to the modern world.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Ninja or Samurai - Oct 28, 2004 18:50
I dunno they both have the very high points. I like the warrior of a Samurai whereas i like the stealth of the ninja. Hard choice Ima have to think abotu it for a bit.
yoshimitsu15

RE: Ninja or Samurai - Oct 28, 2004 21:51
Well if you want to see an example in a movie of the fights of Samurai and Ninja, just watch the Last Samurai. I' ll give you a hint though...it didn' t go well for the Ninja, lol.

Having practiced the art of Ninjutsu I think I can safely say there really are no Ninja left. The few that were left after the Samurai wiped them out went to various places and became monks. Rarely did one keep to the same path they had already walked.
whatabout_paul

RE: Ninja or Samurai - Oct 28, 2004 23:56
bradley harper, I said ' all but' wiped out. As far as I know there is a school in Japan run by the ' last true Ninja' thought to be an actual descendent from a Ninja from feudal Japan. His school teaches people the way of the Ninja and how to handle practically any modern day weapon, be it swords, knives or even guns. If the TV show I saw on this was right his methods of disarming guns is taught to the FBI. He' s like 80 now and could still kick anybody' s ass; his daughter also looks pretty handy especially with a Kitana!
bradley harper

RE: Ninja or Samurai - Oct 29, 2004 14:37
Alright,alright. the ninja still exists. thats all i was trying to say. Now go fufill your dream of becoming a Samurai.

P.S you should go buy a kantana.
whatabout_paul

RE: Ninja or Samurai - Oct 30, 2004 20:06
There' s a shop in a market near me which sells all kinds of strange and wonderful swords. There' s an ace black with gold highlights Kitana set on a stand; The Kitana on top, a smaller sword below that and a dagger below that. Mmmmmmm. They' d look great on my wall and for scaring away any burglars. Can you imagine the look on an intruders face as you leap out from the shadows Kitana in hand unsheathed ready to attack?
yoshimitsu15

RE: Ninja or Samurai - Oct 31, 2004 00:06
I have something similar to that, but the bad thing about those are that the blades are dull. Here' s a nice site where you can find authentic katana' s at unaffordable prices, lol.

http://www.swordsofhonor.com/katanaluxe.aspx

That' s not even my personal favorite that the site has to offer. If you are familar with the Wheel of Time series then you might recognize this next sword:

http://www.swordsofhonor.com/ranhermarswo.aspx

I like this website because most of the swords here are actually hand forged. Maybe it' s just me but there is just a difference between a hand forged sword and one made on an assembly line.
bradley harper

RE: Ninja or Samurai - Nov 03, 2004 15:41
Hey wats up i just got back from a trip. i bought a couple of cool sh@#%. so theres a market that sells all kinds of stuff like swords huh well thats cool. how much do the swords cost? and are you gonna buy anyof,em? sorry gotta go.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Ninja or Samurai - Nov 03, 2004 16:02
I like Ninjas cause they' re sleaker and sneakier!

In head to head battle on a wide open area I don' t doubt that a samurai would whip a Ninja' s a$$ but in a more crowded setting I' d give the advantage to a Ninja.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 11/3/2004 4:06:08 PM >
bradley harper

RE: Ninja or Samurai - Nov 04, 2004 17:41
The weekend point the Ninjas have three points and the Samurai also have three points. its a tie folks. who will be wiped out the Ninja or Samurai?

So keep on voteing.

Ill add up the points again next week on friday.
SO VOTE!
Vincent Cook

• Total Posts : 152
RE: Ninja or Samurai - Nov 08, 2004 05:32
Hard question. Hmm. Ninja' s look cooler but Samurais are warriors... Well both are as good as each other as i don' t want to take sides.
bradley harper

RE: Ninja or Samurai - Nov 12, 2004 15:17
Pick NINJA NINJA NINJA NNNIIIIJJJJAAAA!
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Ninja or Samurai - Nov 12, 2004 17:46
I would love to be a ninja with all those cool weapons hidden on yourself, sneaking around, no one ever seeing you unless you want them too -- yeah, definitely a ninja!
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: Ninja or Samurai - Nov 13, 2004 03:23
I pick Ninja. Ninjas have stealth. Ninjas are sneaky. Ninjas jump high, run fast. Ninjas throw the explosive containers on the ground, smoke rises, clears, and they' re gone. Ninjas throw knives. Ninjas also uses swords. Ninjas use cool karate. Ninjas throw shirukens (sharp spikey things look like stars). Ninjas are accurate. Ninjas have agility. Ninjas dominate samurais in Mortal Kombat. NINJA Turles. Ninjas throw wooden chains.
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:9BeCrLh6HBkJ:http://3.141592.org/albums/ninja/aab.jpg
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 44

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message