Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ninja or Samurai
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 44
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: Ninja or Samurai - Nov 13, 2004 05:25

The unreal ninja.
[image]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:FD0ooHxRjbkJ:jlug.org/~meihan/drawings/Meihan_The_Samurai-Ninja.jpg[/image]
ever saw a ninja-samurai hybrid?
[image]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:i5QeFV7xh7gJ:www.intoxigaming.com/Wallpaper/Ninja%2520Gaiden%25204.jpg[/image]
how about Ninja Gaiden?
[image]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:XQ73dPuivHsJ:www.newyorktechnologies.com/kchalupa/Images/Ninja%2520Barbie.jpg[/image]
a lady ninja
bradley harper

• Total Posts : 172
RE: Ninja or Samurai - Nov 15, 2004 15:42
Hey man nice pics if you got any more pics show em to me. id like to see more.
bradley harper

RE: Ninja or Samurai - Nov 17, 2004 00:01
Nice Alley hater. i see you like ninja now you can join my clan, go to www.freewebs.com/thesanada there you' ll find out how to join my clan.
Domas

• Total Posts : 41
RE: Ninja or Samurai - Nov 21, 2004 02:41
i prefer the life of a samurai than a ninja............... i even got a sword
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Ninja or Samurai - Nov 21, 2004 16:23
I' m jealous Domas. You ever used it though?
bradley harper

RE: Ninja or Samurai - Nov 21, 2004 18:59
I bought a sword two weeks ago. its a 40 inch dragon head sword. it looks really nice with its golden rims and dark blue sheeth nice hndle too eh....

well any way i just orderd a set of shurikens on ebay yeahh! it cost me, but itd worth it.
Domas

RE: Ninja or Samurai - Nov 22, 2004 04:12
to correct some of your terminology............ but the gold ring you mentioned............guessin that' s on the top of the handle which would make it the hand guard ................and those the blade have a dragon engraved on it?? and the handle has a red gem almost to the center of it?? got me one of those bout 2 years ago myself gave it to my cousin............long story..............and that would be a kitana what i have is a shoto............ i' ve used the kitana i gave away.........at present i' m workin on inventing my own technique of the blade............and trying to have the steal' s dicipline as well...........the kitana' s with the authentic wrap is better though.............the design of the wrap symbolizes the rank and skill of the owner!!!
< Message edited by Domas -- 11/22/2004 4:15:53 AM >
IORI YAGAMI1211

• Total Posts : 185
RE: Ninja or Samurai - Nov 30, 2004 19:52
a Samurai would run over a Ninja any time. sure Ninja can " sneak" . but why is that? Beacuse they would get there butts handed to them from anybody who finds them. they are trained to fight and stuff but not at the level a Samurai is. Samurai are warriors while Ninjas stab you in the back. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm i wonder i would like to be (Hint: not the Shadow dudes)
bradley harper

RE: Ninja or Samurai - Nov 30, 2004 23:31
well your intitled to your selection, but you know that all ninja arent at the same level. it is said that a single ninja can take out 5,6 samurais. ill bet some samurais even tryed to ovoid the ninja. hee heee
Domas

RE: Ninja or Samurai - Dec 01, 2004 20:24
ahem...........harper though i was accepted as a ninja i would beg to differ that not all ninjas can take a samurai ................ like you said it' s all dependant on skills ........if a samurai and ninja were to encounter eachother on a neutral battle field, the one left standing would be the one with the better disipline of steel..........

both nonjas and samurai has similarities in that they treat their swords as an extension of their mind, body and souls.........their only indifference shows in style and coice of battle fields really!!
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Ninja or Samurai - Dec 07, 2004 13:04
NINJA!!! Throwing stars!!! Plus they get to wear those nifty black outfits that cover everything but there eyes!!!!! Spoooooooooooky!
IORI YAGAMI1211

RE: Ninja or Samurai - Dec 07, 2004 22:36
all i have to say is..................The Tick. look up or read a comic with The Tick. That is what i think of when i thnik of Ninjas.
Eastwood

• Total Posts : 158
RE: Ninja or Samurai - Dec 15, 2004 13:17
If I were to choose one....I would go with samurai...
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Ninja or Samurai - Dec 15, 2004 18:06
Big blue guy with a fetish for spoons?

Neways I would have to choose Samurai. As much as I like stealth and what not, I like to have more of a head on confrontation.
Eastwood

• Total Posts : 158
RE: Ninja or Samurai - Dec 15, 2004 21:27

Exactly!! The hari-kari thing doesnt seem too cool with me....but they are pretty crazy. maybe theres a way to fuse the 2?
IORI YAGAMI1211

RE: Ninja or Samurai - Dec 16, 2004 14:43
are you keepin' srcore ben?
IORI YAGAMI1211

RE: Ninja or Samurai - Dec 16, 2004 14:44
are you keepin' score Ben?
TUI

• Total Posts : 4
RE: Ninja or Samurai - Dec 18, 2004 20:58
Hmm. I' ve read lots of stupid comments about ninjas and samurai in this forum and I have to say it' s kinda fun. Anyway, I think the easiest way to choose your favourite is to think " what proffessions today are most like the ninja or samurai?"
Well, ninjas were assassins, no doubt, but they were also used as elite troops in regular battles, not wearing the black clothing but real samurai armor. They could also be used as ninja spies more known as Shinobi. Many ninja were also of samurai breed so there were people who were both. Some ninjas were loyal to a Daimyo and later, when the Tokugawa ruled, to the shogunate. Ninja clans lived on as spies and secret police to prevent rebellions. Some ninja were not loyal and could be hired for the right amount of money. So what are the ninja today if not the CIA and similar organisations? Hmm? So in a sence the ninja still exists. So if you like CIA, James Bond and things like that, go with the ninja!
The samurai were warriors who served a daimyo. If they didn' t serve anyone they were called ronin. It' s romantic to think of them as 100 % loyal, and just but such was not reality. Only a few of the warriors were real men of honour so sadly most of the samurai were truly evil people, raping, murdering, and abusing the people for their own profit. BUT, the romantic ideas of the samurai are completely different. They were not only soldiers but men of honour. They were supposed to be good at other things than fighting, such as writing, painting, and being able to live civiliced ith other noble men. This is a part the ninja did not have to do. So if you like the army and that stuff or spiritual and intellectual people, go with the samurai!
About the combat techniques they practicly use the same. The only thing ninja are more trained in is the use of poison. But techniques such as shuriken throwing ,who many believe ninjas only used, were used by the samurai as well. They both used katanas and bows and most of the weapons at that time. So samurai did not only use the katana! Ninpo taijutsu techniques are very similar to ju-jutsu techniques.
Anyway, personally I prefer the ninja. Why? Well, there were more samurai than ninja and I lwould ike to be something special...
Anyway, I' m not perfect, I probably have lots of errors about the ninja and samurai but I have worked with many people that know japanese history very well, as well as skilled practisioners in the arts of ninpo taijutsu (bujinkan) and ju-jutsu.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Ninja or Samurai - Dec 19, 2004 00:29
Then you would know that Bujinkan do not consider themselves " ninjas" . Nor do the other sects...Jinenkan and Genkuban. I mean they actually changed the name from " ninjutsu" to " ninpo taijutsu" to get away from the stereotype. I' ve trained in a " ninjutsu" class for a year. It' s a good art but it does not make you a ninja.

As a sidenote...I was wondering if you had any sources for your information?
TUI

• Total Posts : 4
RE: Ninja or Samurai - Dec 19, 2004 18:15
Yes, I know about the reason for the name change and that members of Bujinkan do not consider themselves as ninja. What I was saying was that some of the techniques of the ninja are similar to the techniques of the samurai. And you cannot say that you (ninpo practisioner) do not practice ninja techniques, because you do, although it is just a small part of a large collection of techniques. I am sorry if I was misunderstood or anything and I am glad you felt the need for correcting me. If you see that something else I have written is wrong then feel free to correct me again since I myself strive to learn more about this subject.
My sources include several practisioners of ninpo, books written by Hatsumi-sensei or people who have worked with him, books about japanese history, japanese friends and historians.
But then, what says they are right? Isn' t a lot of the ninja history unknown? A lot of what we know of the ninja are only good guesses right?
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 44

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message