Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Silent Hill 4
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
Silent Hill 4 - Dec 21, 2004 14:55
Has anybody here played Silent Hill 4: the room yet? I' ve played all 3 previous to this one, and although 1 is still my favorite, after a slightly dissapointing #2, I felt the 3rd Silent Hill was spectacular. I think the think I miss from 1 the most is the ability to walk around town in both the normal universe, and the alternate. In 2 and 3, it seemed the only time you were ever in the alternate universe was inside buildings. I loved walking around town in the original Silent Hill on those rusy grates that made you feel like you were in some post apocalyptic industrial waste land.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Silent Hill 4 - Dec 21, 2004 15:01
I havent played the 1st 3 yet, but have and still enjoying playing the 4th one. Scary as hell...well I guess litterally ' scary as hell' . But like I said I cant compare it to the previous 3 since I havent played them yet.

I also loved the soundtrack
mxpx182

RE: Silent Hill 4 - Dec 21, 2004 16:14
So much of what makes those games great are the ambient sounds. The bumps in the night, and just random voices can really drive you crazy. The only way I play those games is with all the lights out, and curtains shut, or at night. pitch dark, and only the screen and the surround sound, it' s one of the best gaming experiences I' ve ever had.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Silent Hill 4 - Dec 21, 2004 19:46
I have never played more than about an hour of the first one. It scared me way too much! I shudder just remembering it.
mxpx182

RE: Silent Hill 4 - Dec 21, 2004 21:27
That' s cause you' re a baby. BABY!!!!!!!!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Silent Hill 4 - Dec 21, 2004 22:01
no.2 was the best in the series if you want to know, havent played 4 in depth as of yet. Heard it was the worst of the silent hills
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Silent Hill 4 - Dec 21, 2004 22:18
I just rented 4...it seemed very interesting to me.
silverspade14

• Total Posts : 10
RE: Silent Hill 4 - Dec 25, 2004 18:50
i played a demo on the xbox magazine disk it was really wierd. i had never played the first three so i guess i just wasnt used to the weirdness
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Silent Hill 4 - Dec 26, 2004 12:29
I played the game for about an hour and never put it back in afterwards. I just found it very annoying that you had to play out of the first person while in the apartment, and it wasn' t inverted.
IORI YAGAMI1211

• Total Posts : 185
RE: Silent Hill 4 - Dec 28, 2004 23:22
Silent Hill series are VERY deep. they are not werid, the images ALWAYS repersent someing in the real word. Sigmen Froid would have a field day with this. all the " Wierd" things that happen are all mental. in the first gane the worst ending is you died in the car crash that happened in the begining of the game!! if you really look into the game, you will see that it is all in the players head.

2 was the worst game but had the best ending out ofd all of them. it was the worst because it had NOTHING to do with the other games. the best was you are the bad guy the whole time!!!!( belive me i gave nothing away with that one trust me.) you really have to be Shrink to really.really understand the game. go to Gamefaqs and see the what ppl have to say. really deep stuff.
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: Silent Hill 4 - Jan 11, 2005 16:20
Yeah really deep stuff... man though Silent Hill 2 caused trauma to me.. I can' t stand that game.. I had to struggle to beat that game... it was very disturbing and wierd... scary part was I had nightmares about that damn hotel cause I spent 2 hours searching for the last music box...... man and Silent Hill 3 was fugly... the music was horrible and the theme of it all rusting iron.. ugh.. made me sick and worst part is I dont have enough ammo for the last final boss..... and I don' t want to replay that game ever again... Silent Hill 4.. hmm I might get that but I heard there' s sooo much backtracking in that game.. I really don' t like backtracking but playing Resident Evil games.. kinda made me feel better and have more patiance about backtracking.
Spacepiston

• Total Posts : 164
RE: Silent Hill 4 - Jan 20, 2005 20:02
Silent Hill 2 was very deep. I read a synopsis created by a guy who made walkthroughs and stuff for the game. I understood what was going on after reading what he wrote about it. I wish I still had a link, but i dont.

SH2 Spoiler)))))))))))))))))

I remember that all the people in the town were actually the monsters, even the people who he didnt see as monsters. Each person in the town saw it in their own way, kinda like their own hell. Which is why if you think back nobody ever seen the monsters that harry seen (er whatever his name was) but they saw different things that pertained to their particular " hell" . As for the chick (his dead wife lookalike) she was also a monster, and if you had the Xbox version you could play as her through her own mini game where it better explained just how she came into existance, before she herself even accepted what she was. Thats why the endings fit in the way they do.. Forgive me because it has been several years since I played the game or read the explanation of the story, but it fit perfectly..it was definitely very close to what the writers were trying to convey I feel..just search the web im sure you can find the same stuff.

End would be spoilers)))))))))))

SH3 was cool...I liked it...but it was nothing near as good or deep as SH2. The original Silent Hill was fun too..I accidently missed a part and got the bad ending, i never replayed it though because I saved beyond a crucial point, and would be required to replay the entire game in order to get a better ending.

SH4 I just bought, and its nothing like the first 3 so far. Outside of the graphics. I would say im dissapointed right now, the whole apartment tunnel thing seems stupid, and the ghosts are very annoying...but hey, ive only played an hour. The series always starts off slow, and then usually picks up. But it starts off so poorly in this game that I have yet to want to play it again.

konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: Silent Hill 4 - Jan 24, 2005 15:36
I really liked the demo of The Room, but i havnt bouight the game, I was going to , but I heard 3 was better, Im not that far yet(in Sh3), but its crazy so far, good graphics, the sounds are the scariest part! I really liked the soundtrack, I' ve listened to that quite a bit, i' ve listened to the soundtrack more than i' ve played the actual game, the soundtrack is one of the best parts, but if I had to make a choice, I would say get SH3.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Silent Hill 4 - Feb 01, 2005 13:55
4 is great and fun.go get it its priced droped to 30 bucks
Chickapoo88

• Total Posts : 187
RE: Silent Hill 4 - Feb 02, 2005 14:05
I' m playing SH4 love it. I get too scared to continue, so it' s taking a long long time. Very good, great music and scary.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll