Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 the 3 worse things Nintendo have ever done ...
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
the 3 worse things Nintendo have ever done ... - Sep 17, 2005 17:43
damn i don' t know where to start ... go ahead guys
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: the 3 worse things Nintendo have ever done ... - Sep 17, 2005 17:56
*Virtual Boy
*Game Cube (take away the Mario games and you have like 3 good exclusives)
*Making so many iterations with Mario characters (Mario party,Mario Sunshine, Mario soccer, Mario mini putt etc.) yet still no Mario 128
*Selling Rare to M$
*Revolution controller
*sticking with obsolete or inferior media formats with every console they make since SNES
*Failing to attract and keep 3rd party support
Failing to include the expansion pack with the N64 with the system on launch (the expansion pack was awsome but besides Perfect Dark was hardly ever used.
*Letting SquareSoft slip away

I wasn' t able to limit myself to only 3 mistakes and I will probably think of more later.
Abasoufiane

RE: the 3 worse things Nintendo have ever done ... - Sep 17, 2005 18:02
Game Junkie i just love you man ... you just sum it up , all things i wanted to say but i don' t fully agree with you about one thing, the controler is not bad, but it was really overhyped i was expecting more than that... but that' s another story
< Message edited by abasoufiane -- 18 Sep 05 2:04:33 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: the 3 worse things Nintendo have ever done ... - Sep 17, 2005 18:08
1- Superscope 6
2- R.O.B.
3- SNES CPU (Slow as hell)
4- Virtual Boy
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 18 Sep 05 2:08:51 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: the 3 worse things Nintendo have ever done ... - Sep 17, 2005 18:54
-Cartridge for n64
-for giving 3rd parties to much problem with their own games as for ex releasing a great nintendo game same time when a big 3rd party dev gonna release it and demanding to high price for making games to them(basically they was like sony are now),so ofc they left for sony,as some do for ms now.
-Nintendos own games for Gamecube,that zelda that is now coming should have been the first one,and mario sunshine? dont get me started,they should also have made a giant big pokémon RPG that was as huge as an FF game.
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 18 Sep 05 2:57:35 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: the 3 worse things Nintendo have ever done ... - Sep 17, 2005 18:57
Right now for me, the #1 worst thing Nintendo has ever done was during the NES era. That stupid (smart on their part) Third-Party Lock-out contract they had all NES developers sign, prohibiting them from releasing games on a competing platform. Because of this the Sega Master System had very little in the way of third-party support.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 18 Sep 05 2:57:36 >
QuezcatoL

RE: the 3 worse things Nintendo have ever done ... - Sep 17, 2005 19:02
Ye,Nintendo wasn' t the nice guys they wanna look like now.
But all companies is money driving.
YES EVEN NINTENDO!
They care very much for the money no matter what people think and what attitude Nintendo shows off now.
And if xbox360 and their next console fails,even MS probably leave the buisness.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: the 3 worse things Nintendo have ever done ... - Sep 17, 2005 19:49
- R.O.B. I was hoping other people would apreciate how bad that was!!!
- Whoring Mario out to every franchise ever, and only actually releasing 1 real mario game for each of their last two systems.
- Cartridge for N64. This has got to be number 1. You change this in history, Playstation may never have been made, Final Fantasy 7 is made for N64, and the video game world looks nothing like it does today.
Abasoufiane

RE: the 3 worse things Nintendo have ever done ... - Sep 18, 2005 04:13
sorry guys for my ignorance but what is R.O.B ???
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: the 3 worse things Nintendo have ever done ... - Sep 18, 2005 05:52

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

sorry guys for my ignorance but what is R.O.B ???

R.O.B. is Robotic Operating Buddy. It came packaged with the NES, back in the day.

QuezcatoL

RE: the 3 worse things Nintendo have ever done ... - Sep 18, 2005 05:56
what does it do?
Chee Saw

RE: the 3 worse things Nintendo have ever done ... - Sep 18, 2005 05:58
Oh yeah,

The worst Nintendo move EVER was their hiring of Sony to develop a cd rom drive for their upcoming console, and then bailing on them at the last minute. Sony quickly parlayed this little faux pas into a major ASS WHOOPIN' !

I mean, all companies have their setbacks (Virtual Boy, R.O.B., etc.), but when a mistake that you make CREATES a rival in your own market, and that rival STOMPS the hell out of you; you f***ed up ROYALLY!
Chee Saw

RE: the 3 worse things Nintendo have ever done ... - Sep 18, 2005 06:04
Basically, you hook up the robot to controller port 2, while you use port 1. As you' re going through the game, you might need something moved out of your way. You could command ROB to use his gyroscopic disks to press a button to clear the way. At the time, it was like a major bragging point if you owned one. Technically speaking, though, it sucked! It was slow as hell, and you could just press the buttons on the other controller yourself.

I just thought about it. Nintendo has been fixated on GYROSCOPES since the NES!! Do they own stock in some gyroscope company, or something?!
Abasoufiane

RE: the 3 worse things Nintendo have ever done ... - Sep 18, 2005 06:36
chee saw thanks for the info
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: the 3 worse things Nintendo have ever done ... - Sep 19, 2005 00:26
I -3rd Party support or to be correct the lack of it
II -GameCube - it' s marketing , lack of many genres and weak 1st party support (weaker than N64 had) plus no truly new IPs
III -Storage Device (the cartridge was too small for N64 and miniDVD' s are to small for GCN games)

That said - in my opinion the Rev contoller is the greatest step forward since analog controller and most people will have to agree when they see it changing games (I bet MS and Sony are examining the possibilities to create one for themselves)
Jartsu

• Total Posts : 16
RE: the 3 worse things Nintendo have ever done ... - Sep 22, 2005 11:41
So nintendo has made some (a shit load) of mistakes in the past. Does this mean thier company is hurting? I would say in America...yes. But worldwide I am not sure. They had a monopoly over the hand held system for a very long time...and some people (like me) would say they still have a commanding lead over the other markets. I also think that microsoft while popular with American HardCORE gamers is not recieved by other more casual gamers and the international scene because most people dont like Microsoft and/or America that much to begin with. So will the revolution make or break nintendo? People thought the same thing about the 64 and the cube and Nintendo is still here....so I guess we will see...
...I also would agree that nintendo dropping sony is comparable to the New Coke fiasco but it created compitition which is always good for the buyer. Right?
evangelion

• Total Posts : 91
RE: the 3 worse things Nintendo have ever done ... - Sep 25, 2005 10:52
erm, Nintendo never owned Rare, so how could they sell them to M$?!?!
Naked Snake

• Total Posts : 228
RE: the 3 worse things Nintendo have ever done ... - Sep 25, 2005 11:45
I agree with Gangsta.

It seem so that Nintendo' s only intending to make games and game systems fore the japanese. They are a little bit arrogant, aren' t they?
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: the 3 worse things Nintendo have ever done ... - Sep 29, 2005 03:06

erm, Nintendo never owned Rare, so how could they sell them to M$?!?!

Well they actually did evangelion and if someone sells something and gets money for it it' s the best proof:)

It' s true that it' s not as simple as " rare belongs to nintendo" but they had a huge share of the company and that' s what they sold.

Naked Snake: Sony' s releasing their systems almost year later in US - isn' t this ignorant?
You think Rev is for Japan cause of innovation? I' m European and I luv analog stick that at one point was just as innovating.Final Fantasy 7 was never made with US gamers in mind yet they loved it.I think Japanese Devs and gamers alike are much more open to great new things plus they started it and what' s good for them is good for us.
< Message edited by ]GaNgStA[ -- 1 Oct 05 17:07:08 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message