Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Who hasn' t played Crysis? / Did Crytek hit their GDC 2006 trailer target? / All videos added to OP
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 3 of 6, messages 41 to 60 of 101
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 18, 2008 09:44
my vaio is vgn-ar41l. I love it lots but it can be rather big. Glad i didnt get the one with the blue ray drive lol.
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
Majik

RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 18, 2008 11:21
Second (shorter) video:

http://rapidshare.com/files/115682841/Crysis3.wmv

Now, a couple of people have asked whether they could use my Rapidshare account to download these videos. So instead of PM' ing them to people i' ll just post the login details here. They' re valid until June 3rd.

Login: 4573666
Password: CL5YDyBFKM

I' ve just finished recording another 8 videos, 6 of which are from the carrier section at the end of the game. It' s the most hardware demanding part of the game due to the amount of stuff going on and it' s a section which most made me feel like the game was Halo for adults. The 6 carrier videos are between 1 & 4 minutes long and so will be quick and easy to download.

I' ll leave them uploading overnight and post the links in the morning :)
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 18, 2008 14:30
I finally played the full version. Gameplay is better than I thought from the demo. It' s pretty fun. IDK if I' ll play through it all though.

The graphical performance is pretty disappointing though. Especially after playing Gears of War on PC. UE3 just steamrolls over it in detail:performance.
Majik

Majik

RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? (Lots of videos up) - May 18, 2008 21:35
I' m uploading 3 videos from the fuc.k awesome Assault level (4, 5 and 7 minutes long). It' s one of the best levels from the singleplayer campaign as far as i' m concerned - judge for yourself.

I' m going to record some footage from the Paradise Lost chapter where part of the island has been frozen over. I' ll do a couple of videos from inside the Core (no gravity, green/blue floaty alien shit) and a couple from the Sphere section which is just after Paradise Lost and then unless sombody requests something in particular i' ll leave it at that and let you all be miserable fuc.ks

As a side not i' m going to see about uploading them to Gametrailers User Movies, but i want to maintain as much image quality as possible. I' ll post the links once they' re up so that you fuc.kers still living in the 3rd world, or those of you who are still running 56k connections can just stream them

EDIT: Rapidshare Premium Account login details added to initial post on page 1.
< Message edited by majik -- 18 May 08 13:42:06 >
Majik

Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 19, 2008 08:43
Downloaded one of your vids (i already have a Rapidshare A/C), pretty good tactics going on :)

What programme do you use to record?

While i' m on the subject.. (and a very long shot, i might add) Do you know if it' s possible to / record or Ripp the Visualizations (the ones you get on WMP / Winamp) into a video file? IE I play any mp3 and record the visualization in realtime at the same resolution.

I can' t find these anywhere. there was a big HD sample Jeff Minter put on the net to show off the one he created for the 360s A\V but has now been now taken down.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 19, 2008 09:02

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

What programme do you use to record?

Fraps. It' s free.

Recording puts additional strain on your processor though so you need to find a balance between image quality/resolution and framerate whilst recording.

You can use GameCam too which is pretty good.

I' ve noticed that with Vista, if the file goes over a gig it fails to save it correctly - although it can still be played. The file sizes are usually huge and you need to re-encode them with whatever codec to shrink them.

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

While i' m on the subject.. (and a very long shot, i might add) Do you know if it' s possible to / record or Ripp the Visualizations (the ones you get on WMP / Winamp) into a video file? IE I play any mp3 and record the visualization in realtime at the same resolution.

I can' t find these anywhere. there was a big HD sample Jeff Minter put on the net to show off the one he created for the 360s A\V but has now been now taken down.

You could use a video capture program - kinda like the ones people use to capture cam girls forcing huge dildo' s into their asses...

Uh... where was I!?

Oh yeah... video capture programs...

They let you define the area you want to capture and so you would play the file and set the mask to capture the video area. Not sure how effective it would be but i' ll try and find you one and upload it.

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 19, 2008 09:13

I' ve noticed that with Vista, if the file goes over a gig it fails to save it correctly

How much ram do you have?
Nitro

RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 19, 2008 09:34
4GB
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 20, 2008 04:29
Thanks Nitro for the videos, i' ve watched one of them as my broadband sucks in this town (thanks also for considering this)... Crysis seems to be a very interesting game, i really like how you play it, going sneaky and all, i' d love to have a pc to run it high like you do. However, i still think the graphics are disapointing relatively to what shown in 2006, the difference is striking:

that' s what i mean

or this

colors in your videos or screens are a bit faded though this might be a capture loss. the textures are muddy specially on plants.. my friend who has a 8800 gts and a quadcore 6600 confirmed my remarks. he owns the game and he' s very impressed in every way, but he did say that some parts of the game look like far cry technicaly.

considering the huuuge and i mean huge ressources that this game need to run at 30fps, i consider this a semi failure technicaly speaking , the engine is not well optimized. far cry 2 seems to be a better looking game with less ressources required as it will be ported to 360 and ps3 with a slight loss from the pc version, this has been stated by a ubisoft executif. bullshit , may be !

if a freaking 8800 GTX and a quadcore has a hard time to run this game very high at 1280*768, something is definitly wrong , and it explains why the game has not been ported to 360 and ps3. if they make a huge downgrade , it won' t be the same game i guess.

Nitro

RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 20, 2008 05:15
To be honest, i think much of what was impressive about the first videos released is the use of motion blur AA. The textures are certainly better in the final game than in those screens.

The retail version of Crysis doesn' t play nice with conventional types of anti-aliasing and so things like bushes, trees etc don' t blend together as well as they could. The foliage uses it' s own ' edge' AA, but it' s not compatible with normal forms of AA. Since AA is a major framerate killer in this game most people turn it off, both in the game' s menu and in the NVIDIA control panel (because by default it' s set to ' Let Application Contol' ) and so you' re stuck with the ' edge' AA that only gets applied to the leaves on plants and trees.

AA can make a massive difference when it comes to rendering forest-like environments. I' ll see it i can grab a few screens with it on and off.

In the meantime, i uploaded 2 minutes from Paradise Lost to Daily Motion. The quality sucks but that' s their shitty encoding, not mine. I even went and captured the footage in 4:3 [:' (] so that it wouldn' t have to scale the video anywhere near as much - hoping to maintain more image quality, but it still looks bad compared to the original capture.

If you want to see more gameplay, i' ll quite happily just upload more videos to the same site so you don;t have to download them
Nitro

RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 20, 2008 09:45
Duh, i forgot to link to the streaming video :(

It' s HERE

As far as the pre-release media is concerned, ...these are far from perfect and i' ll do a more accurate comparison if you want but...

At the time the concept/demo stuff was incredible, but i think that in terms of texture quality and polycount we ended up with something superior. The only thing that looks better in the pre-release stuff is the more natural lighting.
Nitro

RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 20, 2008 10:12
Ok, 2nd streaming video up HERE this time with Gamevideos.com.

This one is 7 minutes long and far more eventful than the Paradise Lost clip.

It appears to launch fullscreen, and i can' t seem to make it smaller, so as long as you sit back while you watch it... it' s all good
Majik

RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 20, 2008 18:53
You’re only harping on about this game because of your unhealthy obsession with EA .It’s like “Ooooh, EA! I lurve you! Please, do me! Hard!”

Freak.
Nitro

RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 20, 2008 18:54

ORIGINAL: Majik

You’re only harping on about this game because of your unhealthy obsession with EA .It’s like “Ooooh, EA! I lurve you! Please, do me! Hard!”

Freak.

It’s not an obsession at all. I simply recognise them as the industries leading publisher and give them credit where it’s due. An obsession is what you have with Michael Chiklis. Vic Mackey’s so badass this, …Vic Mackey’s so badass that. It’s pathetic. Same thing with Mike Tyson. You idolise these hardnut midgets just to make yourself feel better about being 4 foot whatever…

Plus, Crytek are responsible for Crysis being so kickass, not EA Games, and the reason I keep harping on about it is because it’s one of the best games I’ve ever played.
Majik

RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 20, 2008 18:55

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Freak.

It’s not an obsession at all. I simply recognise them as the industries leading publisher and give them credit where it’s due. An obsession is what you have with Michael Chiklis. Vic Mackey’s so badass this, …Vic Mackey’s so badass that. It’s pathetic. Same thing with Mike Tyson. You idolise these hardnut midgets just to make yourself feel better about being 4 foot whatever…

Plus, Crytek are responsible for Crysis being so kickass, not EA Games, and the reason I keep harping on about it is because it’s one of the best games I’ve ever played.

Vic Mackey is God. He could kick your ass any day of the week you idiot Jew!

And anyway, I could say the same thing about your constant fapping over Jack Bauer. You used to be cool Nitro, you used to pwn fools left right and centre. Then you just… sold out! You think you don’t have to post as much anymore because everybody’s accepted that your amazing, …well here’s your wake up call Jew boy… everybody thinks your retarded!

JUDGE JEWDY

• Total Posts : 9
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 20, 2008 19:01

idiot Jew!

Oi!
Nitro

RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 21, 2008 21:47
Ok, so why did none of you guys recommend Vimeo? I can upload really good quality video in whatever format and stream it - even HD. The YouTube quaility trash like Gametrailers and Gamevideos user movies sections and the shitty compression on Daily Motion ahve been getting on my nerves.

Vimeo looks cool though so i' ll upload some stuff tonight and with any luck you' ll actually be able to see all the detail.

Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 3 of 6, messages 41 to 60 of 101

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message