Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Who hasn' t played Crysis? / Did Crytek hit their GDC 2006 trailer target? / All videos added to OP
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 5 of 6, messages 81 to 100 of 101
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 22, 2008 18:01

ORIGINAL: choupolo

Hmm its just for some reason I remember seeing concept vids of sunlight passing through one of those palm leaves and getting scattered and diffused naturally.

All current videos of the game show light bending around leaves but not filtering through them if you see what I mean.

Can' t for the life of me find the original concept videos though! Might have been imagining things (again).

This was the first video that impressed however - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/9020.aspx?type=

I feel as thought the game has lived up to the concept in most areas, but doesn' t look quite as smooth and soft as you say.

Sorry dude, i didn' t see your post. I was replying to aba.

I know the tech demo you' re talking about but i don' t think it made it into the final game. Even on the highest settings, running the game vanilla just has the sunshafts which bend around the edge of the object. I suspect that the effect was considered too subtle and dropped.

Phoenix|Slash

• Total Posts : 134
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? / Did Crytek hit their GDC 2006 trailer target? / Now with - May 22, 2008 19:01
I' d love to get it, but i' m poor so i can' t upgrade/fix my current PC. I have a 7800 GTX (512 model) but it seems to crash in some games when it hits roughly 70 degrees C o.O it was fine till i re-installed HL2 one day
Nitro

RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? / Did Crytek hit their GDC 2006 trailer target? / Now with - May 22, 2008 23:56
Videos added to OP.

More streaming HD footage of retail and custom maps in a few hours time :)
Nitro

RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? / Did Crytek hit their GDC 2006 trailer target? / Now with - May 23, 2008 09:01
http://www.vimeo.com/1064021 - JUNGLE HD 1

http://www.vimeo.com/1053154 - ASSAULT HD
< Message edited by nitro -- 25 May 08 21:00:35 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 23, 2008 10:35
Streaming>downloading

You did a great job with the videos. You still need to play it to get the full effect.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 24, 2008 12:03
Just beat the game again. That last level is so satisfying. The whole game is a masterpiece. Btw, I had never upgraded to patch 1.2 so I went ahead and did that last night. What a difference!!! I completely disabled the Triple C mod because with the latest NVidia drivers along with the 1.2 patch I get the same performance with everything set to Very High as I do with the mod but since it' s all set to Very High I get all the features including motion blur and such. This game is smooth as silk now with all the updates. I only got a slight bit of slow down during the second to last boss aside from that the framerate was nearly flawless. I want to play it again! Need to force myself to play GTAIV now...
Nitro

RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 25, 2008 02:14
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 25, 2008 02:52
Out of all of the elements present in Crysis, I' m most impressed by the audio to be honest. The graphics are gorgeous, no doubt, but I didn' t expect the clarity and distinction present in the sound. Your character reacts to being shot, which is a much needed addition (audible swearing, instead of the bog-standard " ugh" ), your footsteps are louder on certain surfaces (shipping crates) dependent on how hard you hit them...

I' m wowed.
Nitro

RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 27, 2008 01:09
Nitro

RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 27, 2008 06:43
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? / Did Crytek hit their GDC 2006 trailer target? / All vide - May 27, 2008 12:18

Tell me who you are and give me your explanation! ;)

My laptop isn' t powerful enough to run it.
Same for the GTA4, i don' t own an Xbox 360 or Ps3 yet.
Also, the truth is I' ve been so busy looking for a job, thinking of relocating and obtaining a visa, that right now i can' t afford these things.
The only recent games that i played this year is COD4 and Unreal 3(Demo).
Nitro

Re: RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? / Did Crytek hit their GDC 2006 trailer target? / All v - Oct 02, 2008 15:48
Crysis: Warhead 

Different light model and different particle affects. It's also far better optimized that the original game... except in DX10, which i'm having some display issues with. That's probably a GTX 280 driver problem though.
<message edited by Nitro on Oct 02, 2008 15:51>
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Who hasn' t played Crysis? / Did Crytek hit their GDC 2006 trailer target? / All videos - Oct 03, 2008 01:29
Emo said Warhead is a step back graphically with shit like more pop-up, did you notice this?
Nitro

Re:Who hasn' t played Crysis? / Did Crytek hit their GDC 2006 trailer target? / All videos - Oct 03, 2008 08:11
He might be playing in DX10. I'm having some rendering issues in DX10 so i've been playing in DX9 instead.

That said, i do think they have made some cutbacks along the way to improve performance. Some things look to have a lower poly count, and they've definitely messed around with the draw in range. I haven't noticed any real pop up though, but i have seen one or two warping textures that should have picked up during QA.

They've changed the lighting model too, and although it looks great in screenshots... it's not as nice as in the original Crysis when you're playing it.

You'd be hard pressed to pinpoint what looks better/worse in which version though, and it's still a shit ton better looking than anything else on the market.

I don't like the 3rd person cutscenes though. Not cool.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
Re:Who hasn' t played Crysis? / Did Crytek hit their GDC 2006 trailer target? / All videos - Oct 03, 2008 10:29
hey Nitro , since you use FRAPS , why don't you put on your pictures the FPS, that would be niceso people know whta to expect with those graphics.

i finished warhead and this game is a blast , i loved it and every single thing was on enthusiast with a q6600 3ghz and ati 4870 but the performance was only slightly optimized that was very disapointing, specialy hearing all the bullshit from cryteck. The average was 33fps outdoor though which is very playable but only by using that dx9/dx10 switch which should i remind people look EXACTLY like directx10 as i showed before. if i use the default directx10, it becomes a mess of slowdowns but No more hiccups.

did anybody notice the slight cel shaded look that the models have ? it's a bit annoying.

Nitro

Re:Who hasn' t played Crysis? / Did Crytek hit their GDC 2006 trailer target? / All videos - Oct 08, 2008 15:52
Gallery test...

<message edited by Nitro on Oct 08, 2008 15:53>
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
Re:Who hasn' t played Crysis? / Did Crytek hit their GDC 2006 trailer target? / All videos - Oct 08, 2008 16:01
the hell nitro , i told you to put fps on the pic?   i don't know what's that super AA means in those pictures ?   a gaallery TEST you said?
Nitro

Re:Who hasn' t played Crysis? / Did Crytek hit their GDC 2006 trailer target? / All videos - Oct 08, 2008 16:13
Agent Ghost

Emo said Warhead is a step back graphically with shit like more pop-up, did you notice this?

Turns out i was wrong and Emo was right...

After playing Warhead through twice i went back to the first game and was puzzled as to why it actually looked nicer. I removed my custom config and went back to Crysis vanilla and it still looked better than Warhead. There is pop-up in Warhead, i just didn't notice it at first. It can be improved by altering the AF value in your config... but it's something i wouldn't have expected from what is supposed to be a far more optimized engine.

The biggest difference though when going back to the first game are the production values. Crysis was almost perfectly directed, but Warhead feels a little cheap in that respect. I get why they've had to use 3rd person cutscenes, but in the grand scheme of things they're a little lame. It's the gameplay that counts in the end, but you might feel a little short changed.

The lighting isn't as impressive either from a purely technological standpoint. They've gone OTT with nuclear HDR which coupled with the different colour palate makes for fairly striking screenshots... but soon gets old. I also think they've reduced the texture detail on some surfaces, and perhaps made some objects lower poly. Obviously they wanted to improve performance, but to be honest... i think they've gone thew wrong way about it.

The upshot is that the expansion wasn't handled by the same team. My understanding is that there's a console version in the works and the original core team are working on modifying the engine for that. There will obviously be a second expansion next year and then a sequel proper, but i can see a move towards becoming primarily console-centric further down the line. They should have just pimped and sold the shit out of their engine like Epic did, ...and they might yet if they can get the thing running on 360 and PS3 properly... but it's a little late in the game now.

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Who hasn' t played Crysis? / Did Crytek hit their GDC 2006 trailer target? / All videos - Oct 08, 2008 16:21
Nice gallery. How did you display images in grid form?
Nitro

Re:Who hasn' t played Crysis? / Did Crytek hit their GDC 2006 trailer target? / All videos - Oct 08, 2008 16:44
Abasoufiane

the hell nitro , i told you to put fps on the pic?   i don't know what's that super AA means in those pictures ?   a gaallery TEST you said?

For you Aba, i'll make sure the FPS is displayed in the next batch of screens :)

The ones i just posted are from custom maps running on my new GTX 280 SLI setup. I was going to wait for the GTX 350, but i'm not very patient 0_O

I've been recording some more 720p videos that i'm going to upload to Vimeo, but i haven't had time to encode them yet because i've been busy with work.

The gallery is a feature on Imagebam. Not only can you upload images up to 4MB (?) a piece but you can do loads at once (like with Photobucket - but without the size cap) and then choose to make a gallery out of them like that. I figure it's better to post screens like that as opposed to how we've all been doing it until now.

Eddie, i got your email and i typed up a reply the other day while i was out and about... but forgot to send it. I'll sort my shit out and hit you back dawg! (is that correct street lingo danny boy?)
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 5 of 6, messages 81 to 100 of 101

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message