Who hasn' t played Crysis? / Did Crytek hit their GDC 2006 trailer target? / All videos added to OP

Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 41 to 80 of 101
Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 18, 2008 09:44
my vaio is vgn-ar41l. I love it lots but it can be rather big. Glad i didnt get the one with the blue ray drive lol.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Majik
  • Total Posts : 374
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 18, 2008 10:19

Majik
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 18, 2008 11:21
Second (shorter) video:

http://rapidshare.com/files/115682841/Crysis3.wmv

Now, a couple of people have asked whether they could use my Rapidshare account to download these videos. So instead of PM' ing them to people i' ll just post the login details here. They' re valid until June 3rd.

Login: 4573666
Password: CL5YDyBFKM

I' ve just finished recording another 8 videos, 6 of which are from the carrier section at the end of the game. It' s the most hardware demanding part of the game due to the amount of stuff going on and it' s a section which most made me feel like the game was Halo for adults. The 6 carrier videos are between 1 & 4 minutes long and so will be quick and easy to download.

I' ll leave them uploading overnight and post the links in the morning :)

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 18, 2008 14:30
I finally played the full version. Gameplay is better than I thought from the demo. It' s pretty fun. IDK if I' ll play through it all though.

The graphical performance is pretty disappointing though. Especially after playing Gears of War on PC. UE3 just steamrolls over it in detail:performance.
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

Majik

Majik
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? (Lots of videos up) - May 18, 2008 21:35
I' m uploading 3 videos from the fuc.k awesome Assault level (4, 5 and 7 minutes long). It' s one of the best levels from the singleplayer campaign as far as i' m concerned - judge for yourself.

I' m going to record some footage from the Paradise Lost chapter where part of the island has been frozen over. I' ll do a couple of videos from inside the Core (no gravity, green/blue floaty alien shit) and a couple from the Sphere section which is just after Paradise Lost and then unless sombody requests something in particular i' ll leave it at that and let you all be miserable fuc.ks

As a side not i' m going to see about uploading them to Gametrailers User Movies, but i want to maintain as much image quality as possible. I' ll post the links once they' re up so that you fuc.kers still living in the 3rd world, or those of you who are still running 56k connections can just stream them

EDIT: Rapidshare Premium Account login details added to initial post on page 1.
< Message edited by majik -- 18 May 08 13:42:06 >

Majik

Virtua fighter 5
  • Total Posts : 1327
  • Reward points : 4650
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 19, 2008 08:43
Downloaded one of your vids (i already have a Rapidshare A/C), pretty good tactics going on :)

What programme do you use to record?

While i' m on the subject.. (and a very long shot, i might add) Do you know if it' s possible to / record or Ripp the Visualizations (the ones you get on WMP / Winamp) into a video file? IE I play any mp3 and record the visualization in realtime at the same resolution.

I can' t find these anywhere. there was a big HD sample Jeff Minter put on the net to show off the one he created for the 360s A\V but has now been now taken down.
Currently playing:
Korg DS 10 (ds) /  Metal Slug 7 (ds)
Rhythm Heaven (ds) /  Fire Emblem (ds)
Super Stardust HD (psn) /  Virtua Fighter 5 (360)
FSX (P

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 19, 2008 09:02

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

What programme do you use to record?

Fraps. It' s free.

Recording puts additional strain on your processor though so you need to find a balance between image quality/resolution and framerate whilst recording.

You can use GameCam too which is pretty good.

I' ve noticed that with Vista, if the file goes over a gig it fails to save it correctly - although it can still be played. The file sizes are usually huge and you need to re-encode them with whatever codec to shrink them.

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

While i' m on the subject.. (and a very long shot, i might add) Do you know if it' s possible to / record or Ripp the Visualizations (the ones you get on WMP / Winamp) into a video file? IE I play any mp3 and record the visualization in realtime at the same resolution.

I can' t find these anywhere. there was a big HD sample Jeff Minter put on the net to show off the one he created for the 360s A\V but has now been now taken down.

You could use a video capture program - kinda like the ones people use to capture cam girls forcing huge dildo' s into their asses...

Uh... where was I!?

Oh yeah... video capture programs...

They let you define the area you want to capture and so you would play the file and set the mask to capture the video area. Not sure how effective it would be but i' ll try and find you one and upload it.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 19, 2008 09:13

I' ve noticed that with Vista, if the file goes over a gig it fails to save it correctly

How much ram do you have?

Nitro
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 19, 2008 09:34
4GB

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 20, 2008 04:29
Thanks Nitro for the videos, i' ve watched one of them as my broadband sucks in this town (thanks also for considering this)... Crysis seems to be a very interesting game, i really like how you play it, going sneaky and all, i' d love to have a pc to run it high like you do. However, i still think the graphics are disapointing relatively to what shown in 2006, the difference is striking:

that' s what i mean

or this

colors in your videos or screens are a bit faded though this might be a capture loss. the textures are muddy specially on plants.. my friend who has a 8800 gts and a quadcore 6600 confirmed my remarks. he owns the game and he' s very impressed in every way, but he did say that some parts of the game look like far cry technicaly.

considering the huuuge and i mean huge ressources that this game need to run at 30fps, i consider this a semi failure technicaly speaking , the engine is not well optimized. far cry 2 seems to be a better looking game with less ressources required as it will be ported to 360 and ps3 with a slight loss from the pc version, this has been stated by a ubisoft executif. bullshit , may be !

if a freaking 8800 GTX and a quadcore has a hard time to run this game very high at 1280*768, something is definitly wrong , and it explains why the game has not been ported to 360 and ps3. if they make a huge downgrade , it won' t be the same game i guess.

Listen to the wise

Nitro
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 20, 2008 05:15
To be honest, i think much of what was impressive about the first videos released is the use of motion blur AA. The textures are certainly better in the final game than in those screens.

The retail version of Crysis doesn' t play nice with conventional types of anti-aliasing and so things like bushes, trees etc don' t blend together as well as they could. The foliage uses it' s own ' edge' AA, but it' s not compatible with normal forms of AA. Since AA is a major framerate killer in this game most people turn it off, both in the game' s menu and in the NVIDIA control panel (because by default it' s set to ' Let Application Contol' ) and so you' re stuck with the ' edge' AA that only gets applied to the leaves on plants and trees.

AA can make a massive difference when it comes to rendering forest-like environments. I' ll see it i can grab a few screens with it on and off.

In the meantime, i uploaded 2 minutes from Paradise Lost to Daily Motion. The quality sucks but that' s their shitty encoding, not mine. I even went and captured the footage in 4:3 [:' (] so that it wouldn' t have to scale the video anywhere near as much - hoping to maintain more image quality, but it still looks bad compared to the original capture.

If you want to see more gameplay, i' ll quite happily just upload more videos to the same site so you don;t have to download them

Nitro
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 20, 2008 09:45
Duh, i forgot to link to the streaming video :(

It' s HERE

As far as the pre-release media is concerned, ...these are far from perfect and i' ll do a more accurate comparison if you want but...

At the time the concept/demo stuff was incredible, but i think that in terms of texture quality and polycount we ended up with something superior. The only thing that looks better in the pre-release stuff is the more natural lighting.

Nitro
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 20, 2008 10:12
Ok, 2nd streaming video up HERE this time with Gamevideos.com.

This one is 7 minutes long and far more eventful than the Paradise Lost clip.

It appears to launch fullscreen, and i can' t seem to make it smaller, so as long as you sit back while you watch it... it' s all good

Majik
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 20, 2008 18:53
You’re only harping on about this game because of your unhealthy obsession with EA .It’s like “Ooooh, EA! I lurve you! Please, do me! Hard!”

Freak.

Nitro
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 20, 2008 18:54

ORIGINAL: Majik

You’re only harping on about this game because of your unhealthy obsession with EA .It’s like “Ooooh, EA! I lurve you! Please, do me! Hard!”

Freak.

It’s not an obsession at all. I simply recognise them as the industries leading publisher and give them credit where it’s due. An obsession is what you have with Michael Chiklis. Vic Mackey’s so badass this, …Vic Mackey’s so badass that. It’s pathetic. Same thing with Mike Tyson. You idolise these hardnut midgets just to make yourself feel better about being 4 foot whatever…

Plus, Crytek are responsible for Crysis being so kickass, not EA Games, and the reason I keep harping on about it is because it’s one of the best games I’ve ever played.

Majik
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 20, 2008 18:55

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Freak.

It’s not an obsession at all. I simply recognise them as the industries leading publisher and give them credit where it’s due. An obsession is what you have with Michael Chiklis. Vic Mackey’s so badass this, …Vic Mackey’s so badass that. It’s pathetic. Same thing with Mike Tyson. You idolise these hardnut midgets just to make yourself feel better about being 4 foot whatever…

Plus, Crytek are responsible for Crysis being so kickass, not EA Games, and the reason I keep harping on about it is because it’s one of the best games I’ve ever played.

Vic Mackey is God. He could kick your ass any day of the week you idiot Jew!

And anyway, I could say the same thing about your constant fapping over Jack Bauer. You used to be cool Nitro, you used to pwn fools left right and centre. Then you just… sold out! You think you don’t have to post as much anymore because everybody’s accepted that your amazing, …well here’s your wake up call Jew boy… everybody thinks your retarded!

JUDGE JEWDY
  • Total Posts : 9
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 20, 2008 19:01

idiot Jew!

Oi!

Nitro
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 21, 2008 21:47
Ok, so why did none of you guys recommend Vimeo? I can upload really good quality video in whatever format and stream it - even HD. The YouTube quaility trash like Gametrailers and Gamevideos user movies sections and the shitty compression on Daily Motion ahve been getting on my nerves.

Vimeo looks cool though so i' ll upload some stuff tonight and with any luck you' ll actually be able to see all the detail.

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 21, 2008 21:54
I' ve been using Vimeo since it launched. Great site.
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

Nitro
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 21, 2008 22:13
It looks it. A collegue recommended it when i was complaining about a lack of sites that offer HD video streaming. There' s no point in watching videos of a game like Crysis if the quality is awful.

The files i put up for download are better quality than the streaming videos on Daily Motion and Gamevideos, but Vimeo will let me upload the H.264 encoded versions of the original files - so almost no image quality loss.

Ther reason i' ve kept this thread alive is because people have been downloading the videos i uploaded to Rapidshare. Like 6GB worth in the last couple of days. Plus, it has a lot of hits so i suspect we have quite a lot of lurkers on the forum.

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 21, 2008 23:05
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

Rampage99
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 21, 2008 23:07
I just installed that new NVidia driver and wow, what a huge difference. I can now play the game with everything set to very high and still have playable framerates at 1680x1050 (before everything could be on very high except for shaders and post processing, I could only have one of those on very high). I' ll probably stick with the mod however as it still gets a vastly better framerate with almost the same level of quality (minus the motion blur... which I have to figure out how to enable with the mod).

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

Nitro
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 22, 2008 00:04

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

I just installed that new NVidia driver and wow, what a huge difference. I can now play the game with everything set to very high and still have playable framerates at 1680x1050 (before everything could be on very high except for shaders and post processing, I could only have one of those on very high). I' ll probably stick with the mod however as it still gets a vastly better framerate with almost the same level of quality (minus the motion blur... which I have to figure out how to enable with the mod).

Yeah the new drivers greatly improve the performance and the CCC mod is fantastic. I don' t like the custom time of day settings though so i haven' t got them enabled.

I really like the look of the natural mod though, so i' ll probably have a look at that at some point.

As a side note, getting back to the pre-release stuff being far superior to what we ended up with... well, have you guys seen what you can do with the Sandbox Editor?

The engine is more than capable.
< Message edited by nitro -- 21 May 08 16:26:08 >

alijay034
  • Total Posts : 1433
  • Reward points : 1685
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 22, 2008 00:06
Crysis will be purchased next week, once I get my replacement Mobo.

Nitro
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? / Did Crytek hit their GDC 2006 trailer target? - May 22, 2008 08:16
Re-purposed thread to incorporate another question that i want to open up to the rest for you guys.

You' ve all seen the GDC 2006 jungle trailer/demo that Aba has been talking about. Those of you that have played the game, and the rest of you who have seen the millions of screens i' ve posted... what do you think? In terms of technology, did they match, exceed or fall short of that trailer?

As a catalyst for this discussion, here is a high quality video i' ve uploaded on Vimeo for streaming and it' s accompanying 1690 x 1050 screens - taken from a custom map made to enable as true a comparison as possible...

Note: there' s no combat in this video, but i do mess about with the physics and trees. I have recorded a combat video which i' ll upload later, but i just wanted to do the environment first.

I may attempt to capture in HD as Vimeo supports 720p web streaming, but i suspect that Fraps will have too negative an effect on the framerate. I' ll see what i can do.

JUNGLE VIDEO

ORIGINAL: alijay034

What graphics card are you running?

Rampage99
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 22, 2008 08:25
I think the game came out better looking than the tech demo. The tech demo had a more plastic feel too it and I think the final version got rid of that. The game is just visually breathtaking and stomps on everything else out there.

Btw, Nitro, did you make that test level?

Nitro
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 22, 2008 08:52
No, i got it from Crymod. There are a couple of different versions.

2ND JUNGLE VIDEO

I' m going to try HD now.

Abasoufiane
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 22, 2008 08:55
you got me faking excited nitro over these pics , now THAT' S WHAT I' M TALKING ABOUT, hell yeah look at those graphics , i can' t fucking believe this is running real time, wtf did you do nitro ? what did you got those pictures from because it sure doesn' t look at all like the pics you showed me a couple of days ago... those look and in some areas exceed what was shown before, everything is damn amazing , AA, textures , colors , see the colors man ? those are not washed out like on the other pics you showed ? holy shit i want a 8800 GTX now !

so where did you get that from , if that' s you laptop, what are the options that you enabled and made this vast improvement, that would be very interesting to know.
Listen to the wise

Nitro
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 22, 2008 09:05

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

so where did you get that from , if that' s you laptop, what are the options that you enabled and made this vast improvement, that would be very interesting to know.

No, it' s my desktop. It' s a custom map built in the Sandbox Editor that comes with the game. I got it from Crymod Portal. I' m using the same config file i have been using for months - it' s the map that kicks ass.

I' m running an overclocked 8800 Ultra at home, but the 8800 GT i have at work runs it on the same settings with no problems. The NVIDIA drivers released last week have done wonders for the game' s performance and i use an easily installed custom config file to enable Very High settings in DX9.

The map is sweet, and i have a couple more to check out this weekend. I' ll post whatever screens i take.

I' m currently uploading a 720p video of this environment so you can stream it. Lets hope it works properly.

Abasoufiane
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 22, 2008 09:26
what do you mean by a map? a map change the setting enviroment of the game , but it can' t enhance the AA , lighthing and textures or colors ! ok you' re saying that' s a different computer and therefore with your kickass card you could enable this very high quality graphic , but why didn' t you say that earlier when i said the retail version does not look as good as the pre release stuff ? why didn' t you say that some options were off which made the game look crap in some areas ?

all those pics you' re showing in this page destroy the ones you showed some days ago, look at the textures on the plant who are u kidding man? look at that lighthing and that very high AA, that should mean one thing , again my question is , be it a map or not it should not matter because i' m not talking about the design , what are the options on that graphic menu that made the game look this good in comparison to what you showed first ?
Listen to the wise

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 22, 2008 09:52
Hey nitro do your settings allow material transparency such as the leaves? Thats one feature of dx10 I would miss from the original E3 vids.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 22 May 08 1:54:54 >

Nitro
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 22, 2008 09:56
No no, none of my settings are different. You can' t enable AA in Crysis and run it at that resolution. It' s incompatible with the edge AA that gets applied by default to the foliage.

My laptop is running 2 x 8800M cad in SLI and is almost as powerful as my desktop and it runs this map just as smooth.

Crysis is highly tweakable. Rampage and i are both using a custom config file that allows DX10 features while running DX9. The game' s very high setting is only available in DX10, but you can tweak the config file to enable it in DX9. We run it in DX9 because you get a better framerate.

This map isn' t in the retail version of the game. It was created by a modder who posts at Crymod.com. It was built in the Sandbox Editor that comes with the game. The same thing all of the physics videos (like the 10,000 barrel one) were created in. You download the map and launch it either from the game by using a code in the command window or by using the Crysis Launcher.

The only things different about this map are the colour palatte, lighting and standing mist that were customized by the guy who created it. I haven' t had to touch my settings or anything like that.

Look at these two screens. They' re the exact same area but using different lighting settings.

Anyway, here' s the HD video i just uploaded:

JUNGLE HD

I don' t know why Crytek didn' t do this kind of stuff themselves. Probably because they thought it would bt too taxing on the hardware.

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 22, 2008 11:07
Hmm its just for some reason I remember seeing concept vids of sunlight passing through one of those palm leaves and getting scattered and diffused naturally.

All current videos of the game show light bending around leaves but not filtering through them if you see what I mean.

Can' t for the life of me find the original concept videos though! Might have been imagining things (again).

This was the first video that impressed however - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/9020.aspx?type=

I feel as thought the game has lived up to the concept in most areas, but doesn' t look quite as smooth and soft as you say.

UnluckyOne
  • Total Posts : 995
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 22, 2008 11:12
I think the engine is more than capable of doing what was seen in the GDC vids. Crytek probably realized that they' d have to scale things back for any sort of acceptable performance at the time of release.

Weren' t there rumors of a ' Maximum' graphics setting being possible, but Crytek has not yet made it available? Future patch maybe?

mikayd2
  • Total Posts : 1129
  • Reward points : 13085
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 22, 2008 11:22
Yo nitro can you send me you account info . I wanted to download the files you have to show my friend that don' t have the net. I just bought a 4 gb jump drive so I can take them over my friends house and convert them into believers.

Rampage99
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 22, 2008 13:10
Nitro, do you have motion blur turned off? I' m trying to figure out how to enable it with the mod.

alijay034
  • Total Posts : 1433
  • Reward points : 1685
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? / Did Crytek hit their GDC 2006 trailer target? - May 22, 2008 15:28

ORIGINAL: Nitro

ORIGINAL: alijay034

What graphics card are you running?

Will be running dual 88 GT' s . Not prepared to give them up yet for a 96 or 98 just yet.

Nitro
RE: Who hasn' t played Crysis? - May 22, 2008 16:24

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

Nitro, do you have motion blur turned off? I' m trying to figure out how to enable it with the mod.

Yeah, and depth of field. It' s a stylicstic preference though. If you want them on then just make sure you have r_motionblur = 1 and r_depthoffield = 1 ( or 2 depending on required strength) in you config file.

Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 41 to 80 of 101