Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What games have you played lately??
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 5 of 13, messages 81 to 100 of 254
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Dec 06, 2005 15:30
Terry, what is wrong with the Forgotten Worlds emulation (I have the Xbox version)? Unfortunately I don' t think I ever got to play FW in the arcade, but I know it had a dial for a controller, right? I bought the game SPECIFICALLY for Forgotten Worlds. I know Ghouls N' Ghosts is far too dark in the compilation.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Dec 06, 2005 16:06
I' ll need to fire up MAME for 100001% confirmation but I remember there were more voice samples in the arcade version. Specifically from the Shopkeeper who' s awfully quiet in Capcom Classics Collection... I know it' s an *extremely* minor issue but it makes the game feel more like a port of the Genesis version instead of the coin-op version
Joe Redifer

RE: What games have you played lately?? - Dec 06, 2005 18:27
Maybe you are thinking of the TurboGrafx-16 shopkeeper, which reminds you of Lords of Thunder on that same system, which had a Sega CD version in which the shopkeeper actually talked.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 7 Dec 05 2:27:43 >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Dec 06, 2005 19:00
Flatout - Fun mindless driving with plenty of mindless fun!

Battlefield 2 - Fun mindless war fps. Online is just chaotic but fun.

Backyard Wrestling 2 - no-fun mindless crap

Punisher - Fun of the darker Punisher will enjoy, and those who enjoy extreme violence. Pretty fun run and gun, but more of a rental.

locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Dec 07, 2005 02:07
PGR3 - omg teh pwnz0rz
PDZ - pretty cool, co-op pwnz0rz
COD2 - teh multiplayer is teh pwn, single player cool too

I just decided to try out some xbox 1 games on my 360 tonight
Fuzion Frenzy - awesome party game (only game a girl actually beat me consistently in (the DJ ones everything else i pwnt her at))
Super Monkey Ball Delux - ton o fun for split screen
Sonic Mega Collection Plus - if you are a sonic fan it is well worth it
Within SMC+:
Dr. Robotnik' s Mean Bean Machine - so awesome for its time, if you can' t get your hands on puyo puyo 4 or puyo pop fever you gotta play this. Part of the best puzzle game series ever. And has the best midi song ever for the 2 player versus mode.

Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball and Shenmue 2 didn' t work for the emulation yet.
Gaius IV

• Total Posts : 139
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Dec 07, 2005 03:04

Playing Soul Calibur III at the moment. A pretty cool game, at times has really nice detailed models and stages and at times not. I' m kinda getting tired of of it actually, why? it' s not online.

Hope the rumours about a soul calibur III special edition for xbox360 is true.

Boss Hogg

• Total Posts : 299
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Dec 18, 2005 16:48
My freind let me borrow Conker:Live and Reloaded. Its is really fun but I needed a guide for a lot of it. its hard to find out what you gotta do sometimes. The Multiplayer is very chaotic and has a lot of shooting I thought it was really fun. Really good game overall I would recommend it.
Joe Redifer

RE: What games have you played lately?? - Dec 18, 2005 17:22
Let' s see.... latey I have played the following:

-Phantasy Star 4 - Sega Genesis. I never beat this before now, it is fantastic! Now I have to track down part 3 and beat it, just because.
-Dracula X - TurboGrafx-16 CD. I always come back to this. 74% or so right now.
-Moto GP 3 - Xbox. Totally kick ass motorcycle game.
-Burnout Revenge - Xbox. Amazing! Also the best sound EVER in any videogame.
-Street Fighter II' Champion Edition - TurboGrafx-16. Nice... hopefully my 6-button pad will arrive soon. I' ll also be able to play Forgotten Worlds correctly with that new pad as well.
-E-SWAT - Sega Genesis. Much more fun than the arcade... for the first 2 levels anyway.
-Quackshot - Sega Genesis. I have a hard time getting into this one even though it is good.
-Jaki Crush - Super Nintendo. Ultra cool sequel to Alien Crush. Not quite as good as Devil' s Crush, but really close!
-Cosmo Gang the Video - Super Nintendo. This is a weird game in the Galaga vein by Namcot.
-Wonder Boy in Monster Land - Sega Master System. Excellent! Damn the Sphynx and his Missile Defense 3D! For a great time, try playing this with a Genesis control pad!
-Wonder Boy III: The Dragon' s Trap - Sega Master System. The 30fps scrolling hurts my eyes, but the music and graphics are amazing. Great fun. Can' t wait for Dragon' s Curse for my TurboGrafx to arrive so I can experience 60fps scrolling.
-Rastan - Sega Master System. Much better than the arcade... not in terms of graphics and whatnot, but in control, playability, and fun!
-Thunder Storm & Road Blasters - Sega Saturn. Saturn versions of the Sega CD games Cobra Command and Road Avenger. Great full screen non-grainy fun!
Terry Bogard

RE: What games have you played lately?? - Dec 18, 2005 17:26

-Burnout Revenge - Xbox. Amazing! Also the best sound EVER in any videogame.

Does that include Music or is it just the sound effects and stuff?
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Dec 18, 2005 20:23
Cod2 and pgr3, damn it feels good to have my Xbox 360.
< Message edited by Game Junkie -- 19 Dec 05 4:28:08 >
Terry Bogard

RE: What games have you played lately?? - Dec 18, 2005 20:28
WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2006 for the PSP.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Dec 18, 2005 20:56
Indigo Prophecy - Apretty cool and very original game (aside from a few odd matrix-esque style sequences.) Very fun tho.
Joe Redifer

RE: What games have you played lately?? - Dec 18, 2005 21:55

Does that include Music or is it just the sound effects and stuff?

Well it' s the Xbox so that depends. If you listen to the built-in music, then no way, the music doesn' t even come close! However if you put Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 2 by Yuzo Koshiro as well as a lot of other techno stuff on there, then you have an experience that cannot be denied, especially on a well-tuned 5.1 setup like mine. You' re welcome to come over and try it out and see what you think of the sound! You FEEL the crashes and that is awesome.
Joe Redifer

RE: What games have you played lately?? - Dec 18, 2005 22:03
I hate to reply to myself, but I must update my list! I recently played tonight:

John Madden Football - Sega Genesis. This is the first one for a console. In my opnion it is the best as well. Great music by Rob Hubbard. I don' t care for sports games that much but there are a few that are worthy.

Sonic Rush - Nintendo DS. This is an early Christmas present. I love it! Of course I was only able to make it to level 2-1 before my battery ran out, so now I await as my DS recharges.

Monster World IV - Sega Genesis. Hard to put this one down, even after I beat it.
Joe Redifer

RE: What games have you played lately?? - Dec 18, 2005 22:33
OK now I am hating Sonic Rush. After the first stage it becomes much too hard to be enjoyable. I' m glad I didn' t pay for this. There are way too many bottomless pits and the blaze the cat level is awful. I guess Sega truly is gone.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Dec 19, 2005 22:35
Would you believe I just completed Neopets: The Darkest Faerie? Yep! Rented for the kids (of course) and thought it looked cute, so I gave it a try and kept on playing it. Lots of glitches and the camera was horrible at times, but overall the RPG was fun. There were actually times I got pissed because some of the puzzles were harder than I expected.

Currently I' m working on Star Ocean, but haven' t formed an opinion on that game yet.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Dec 21, 2005 13:31
Just picked up Far Cry: Instincts...will be playing it by this weekend!

Love both the FPS and editor aspects!!!

Can' t wait...can' t wait...don' t have a choice, but to wait - darn it!
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Dec 21, 2005 17:37
I' m currently playing Oddworld: Strangers Wrath. I didn' t know that the game was THIS AWESOME! If you have an Xbox and don' t own this game you are truly cheating yourself out of one helluva gameplay experience.

When I first put in the game I noticed that not just the graphics, but the artistic style and gameworld, are on another level. You can tell that this game was definitely developed with a lot of LOVE. Then there' s the gameplay. It' s so innovative and fresh, I' m just having a ball playing it. I thought that, since I' m a FPS fan, the 3rd person view would suck, but it actually ADDS to the feel of the game. Also, the fact that there are little critters running all over the place makes it feel like a living and thriving world. Actually CATCHING the creatures to use as ammo is CRAZY!

In summary, if you have an Xbox, go buy this game!
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Dec 23, 2005 05:06
I agree with Chee Saw...I especially like having to hunt down live ammunition. The fact that each type of critter does something quite a bit different, and you will use these critter-weapons to progress (as long as you use some kind of strategy) through each level.

Awesome title...makes owning an XBOX a wonderfully exciting experience!
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Dec 23, 2005 08:10
So I got hold of a PSP and am playing:

GTA: Liberty City Stories - I' m a sucker for GTA games but I' ve gotten all of them since the first and even though I' ve not actually finished a GTA game since number 3 I just love running arond a new world. It might be the same city as GTA 3 but seeing it on a handheld is just awe-inspiring. I just hope the quality holds up

Everybodys Golf - It came with the PSP and I' m no good at golf. I may end up selling it butwill give it a bash

Metal Gear Acid: It' s that new I' ve not even booted it up yet.

Oh, and I' m going to get Call of Duty for 360 because I' m sick of everyone telling me how great it is while I don' t own it.
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 5 of 13, messages 81 to 100 of 254

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll