Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What games have you played lately??
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 10 of 13, messages 181 to 200 of 254
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Mar 06, 2006 04:44

Sonic Riders got really bad reviews ...is it that bad?

Shadow the Hedgehog was ...a fuckin crap.

I personally thought both Sonic Riders and Shadow the Hedgehog were OK. Not great but worthy of a 6.5 to 7.0 score.. I loved that Shadow the Hedgehog gave you choices in how to proceed through the levels. Sonic Riders I was kinda hating at first but the more familiar I became with the course designs and the controls, I enjoyed it more.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Mar 06, 2006 04:45
The songs in R were great, the game was great for the music, if nothing else.
But i found Sonic R a lot easier to play (controlwise - reminds me of wipeout, on foot), I' ve barely spent time with Sonic Riders, don' t i don' t enjoy it much at all.

Also i think if it' s a sonic racing game, it' s more natural for sonic to run, why would the fastest thing alive need a racing board? It' s all too much of this americanising of sonic. It started with Sonic Adventure 2 and the series has only gone down hill. Bring back the old days, no more grinding....Please.
Terry Bogard

RE: What games have you played lately?? - Mar 06, 2006 04:47
The infamous thread of Doom
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 5 Mar 06 20:50:14 >
uumai

RE: What games have you played lately?? - Mar 06, 2006 04:49
WHile i' m on the subject of sonic, what' s with all the crappy other characters, it' s a little over the top and take away from sonic, who used to be the fastest thing alive, but now there is shadow, who is all GTA (angry man[or hedgehog] with a gun) now... Sonic used to work... Now it' s doing downhill like Kratos off the side of mount olympus... I only hope sonic get' s another chance.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Mar 08, 2006 02:43

Sega needs to just remake the original Sonic Adventure with new levels and better camera work and release it as a sequel cause that was the best of the 3D Sonics in my opinion.

SA was great - I don' t know why so many people are bitching about it.

I personally thought both Sonic Riders and Shadow the Hedgehog were OK. Not great but worthy of a 6.5 to 7.0 score..

Any game below 8 (in my rating not some reviewers) is shit - I have only one life so I can' t waste my time on those :)

uumai

RE: What games have you played lately?? - Mar 08, 2006 03:23
Currently Playing through Onimusha 4, it' s nice at this point i dont think it' s good on a scale of onimusha 3, but that was just a major game.
Terry Bogard

RE: What games have you played lately?? - Mar 08, 2006 03:36

SA was great - I don' t know why so many people are bitching about it.

Which is why I said Sega should remake it and add new levels and release it as a sequel ..
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Mar 08, 2006 04:26

Any game below 8 (in my rating not some reviewers) is shit - I have only one life so I can' t waste my time on those :)

You might miss out on good games if you say you wont play games with a grade of 7-8, i mean some games are really fun and good, but they may be wanting in some areas, i game can be great without say, great graphics and replayabilitet, i had great fun with Spartan: Total Warrior, and that didnt get great reviews, just okay ones.
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Mar 08, 2006 19:43

Shadow the Hedgehog were OK

You must be joking right? I thought the game was unreleasable, it really was a bug-filled pile of shite. Thought Sonic Heroes was bad, but compared to Shadow it' s much better, but that still didn' t make it a good game.

SA was great - I don' t know why so many people are bitching about it

It was awesome, I wouldn' t mind it being remade (or converted again) as well. Same style art direction with 60fps visuals and more speedy Sonic levels. I would like the same thing for SA2, but with the choice to play through as individual characters rather than Light or Dark teams.

Personally though, I just really want the new next-gen Sonic game to be a Sonic Adventure sequel with the same great gameplay as seen in the Emerald Coast, Windy Valley, City Escape, Metal Harbour and Green Forest levels. That would be great.
< Message edited by kyo.k -- 8 Mar 06 12:01:20 >
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Mar 08, 2006 19:52
WTF? Can' t see my post?
uumai

RE: What games have you played lately?? - Mar 09, 2006 00:09
Sonic team have really lost the plot when it comes to sonic especially. I believe Yuji Naka is too busy sitting behind his desk blocked by money to pay attention to the games being churned out lately.

Sonic Adventure (despite some minor faults) was a fantastic game, one Naka had a lot to do with, it seemed to be done on a very big scale. I think they could still have improved it though but instead of taking the game and improving it, they decided to add things they shouldnt.
Sonic Adventure 2 was the start of his demise, the light dark teams was lame (I play sonic games for sonic not the many other lame characters) and should have been like SA1. - Also in what world could sonic not outrun that huge truck on the first level that also happens to be hitting numerous cars on its way (theoretically slowing it down)... " Sonic he' s... oh wait... About the same speed as a car"

Also why did they decide to place sonic on earth and have him interact with people, and the president.... nonsense.

Sonic used to be unique, fast, and with attitude... Now he is just a skate punk wannabe, who' s become too human shaped, and cloned, and frankley... not that fast.....

I' m going back to 16bit sonic.

I wouldn' t mind it being remade (or converted again) as well

They will keep doing this because they can' t make a good new one anymore, so they cash in over and over on a game they did right (even, if it is upto 15 years old)
< Message edited by uumai -- 8 Mar 06 16:13:19 >
uumai

RE: What games have you played lately?? - Mar 09, 2006 00:11
just to show message
Terry Bogard

RE: What games have you played lately?? - Mar 09, 2006 11:33

You must be joking right? I thought the game was unreleasable, it really was a bug-filled pile of shite. Thought Sonic Heroes was bad, but compared to Shadow it' s much better, but that still didn' t make it a good game.

Given that I actually finished Shadow the Hedgehog but couldn' t be bothered to finish Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes, that should tell you that I enjoyed Shadow more than those two ..

I loved the fact that Shadow gave you choices on how to complete each level, so if you' re not enjoying a particular mission objective you can simply just move on and still complete that level. Didn' t have that option in Sonic Adventure 2, especially for those damn Knuckles and Rogues missions! Argh!
uumai

RE: What games have you played lately?? - Mar 09, 2006 18:49
busted up thread... strange, eh?
< Message edited by uumai -- 9 Mar 06 13:46:55 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: What games have you played lately?? - Mar 09, 2006 20:50
deleted
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 9 Mar 06 12:58:19 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: What games have you played lately?? - Mar 09, 2006 20:55
I said everything below 8 in MY rating - not reviews VX - I agree that it' s better to check most games yourself (like Outrun 2 - I score it 10/10 - it is everything I want it to be and more in all areas)

Spartan ...now that game had a terrible camera control and low gameplay in my opinion - I would give it 6-7/10

Sonic Adventure 2 was much worse than SA but Shadow and Riders aren' t even games - these two are the pure essence of what every toilet on this planet was born to collect.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 9 Mar 06 12:59:09 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: What games have you played lately?? - Mar 09, 2006 20:57
I can' t see my post ...
uumai

RE: What games have you played lately?? - Mar 09, 2006 21:46
well i' d rate heroes as possibly the worst sonic game i' ve played... cant believe i wasted money on it.... never even bothered with shadow... a fried of mine is a sega game tester and even before it came out he told me how crap it was.

They have a lot of redeeming to do with the new one..

< Message edited by uumai -- 9 Mar 06 20:24:03 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Mar 09, 2006 21:54
Getting GRAW tomorrow so i say...i played graw :)
SuperBato

• Total Posts : 4
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Mar 10, 2006 05:10
not a lot.. no time. a little bit of Ages of empires no.1...

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 10 of 13, messages 181 to 200 of 254

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll