Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented?
Change Page: << < ..41424344454647 > | Showing page 45 of 47, messages 881 to 900 of 925
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jun 26, 2008 19:50
I watched Black Sheep at the weekend. Not bad, very Bad Taste influenced (Kiwi' s eh?).

I watched BBC' s Earth last night on BluRay. Absolutely magnificent. Narrated by the Emperor from Oblivion!!!!
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jun 26, 2008 20:38
I saw Wild Hogs last night... Definetly a good movie
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jun 26, 2008 23:40

And also i looked atCloverfield

I got sucked in by the hype train on this one. Thought it was absolutely horrible. As you stated shadowwolf, I couldn' t get over the fact that a monster so big could be so stealthy. That and the movie being shot with a bunch of camcorders that seemed to have purchased at the nearest pawn shop.

Anyway, enough of that. I recently watched Jumper and with the exception Haden Christiansen this movie was pretty good. I liked the premise of these " Jumpers" being able to open up worm holes instantly and travel anywhere in the world. Samuel Jackson once again puts in a good performance, and the twist at the end with Haden " no emotion" Christiansen' s finding out that his own mother was hunting Jumpers was a nice touch.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jun 27, 2008 04:13
I recently saw the Forbidden Kingdom and Indy IV. Neither of them are great movies, but they are certainly enjoyable and a good way to pass time.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jun 27, 2008 05:17
I

I got sucked in by the hype train on this one. Thought it was absolutely horrible. As you stated shadowwolf, I couldn' t get over the fact that a monster so big could be so stealthy. That and the movie being shot with a bunch of camcorders that seemed to have purchased at the nearest pawn shop.
I absolutely hated that friggin movie. The retarded Blair Witch shaky camera wasn' t appealing at all to me. And the lack of a decent story just made it a forgettable movie. At least paint some kind of picture as to where the " frak" the damn creature came from! I' m usually a sucker for these types of movies but Cloverfield failed to win me over.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jun 27, 2008 05:44

And also i looked atCloverfield
Cloverfail was fuck awful. [:' (]
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jun 27, 2008 05:57
Cloverfield blew me away... not because it was a good movie or anything, but because of the technical issues. So they are lugging around a digital video camera the entire time. Obviously this camera is high definition. Firstly, how much tape does this camera hold? HDV cameras can only hold one hour and look like ass (don' t get me started on interframe MPEG compression). The Panasonic HVX200 can shoot indefinitely, but you have to keep swapping out P2 cards. Secondly, the camera seems to have infinite battery life. They even use the " built in light" on the camera? Yeah. No camera since 1995 has had one of those. Thirdly, why are they taking the camera everywhere, even jumping across buildings with it? Fourthly, what kind of microphone is on that camera? It records PHENOMENAL 5.1 surround sound with tons of hard hitting subwoofer? Camera microphones sound like ass. I just can' t get over these issues that the general public who knows nothing probably can.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 26 Jun 08 21:58:30 >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jun 27, 2008 11:29
Rambo - Ultra violent for sure but not all that entertaining. Rocky was better. The last 20 minutes of Rambo was just a demonstration on .50 cal rounds to a human body.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jun 27, 2008 12:57
I' m currently watching No country for Old Men. I love it so far. This one is going in my collection.
Joe Redifer

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jun 27, 2008 16:55
Wait until you get to the end of No Country for Old Men before you decide to like it that much... oh wait I forgot... it doesn' t have an ending. Just geriatric Tommy Lee Jones talking about something that only old people could care about... and only if they were in a coma.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jun 27, 2008 19:17

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

I' m currently watching No country for Old Men. I love it so far. This one is going in my collection.

It can' t be that good if you' re distracted enough to make a post as you watch.
Joe Redifer

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jun 28, 2008 01:19
Maybe he was on a urine break or something.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jun 28, 2008 07:26
I was watching it on my PC. I have a 24 inch monitor. I had to pause the movie to send an email to someone. Two sentences in my last post was nothing.

Country for Old Men:

I' m going to watch it again as I was distracted and it was late as fuck when I watched it. I thought it was a cool movie. Nothing extrodinary though. Some hick finds a shit load of what look like drug money, he ends up having an assassin for hire chase after him to reacquire his bosses money. That' s pretty much the movie without giving away any spoilers. The strong point is the assassin character. He' s one twisted mother fucker. Have you ever seen a movie where one single character is such a badass that he carries the whole movie? Reminds me of the Terminator movies. Well that' s what happened here. The low key is the ending, it was flat. I' m always sensitive to the endings of movies. The ending should validate everything that has happened in the movie. Instead No Country for Old Men ends all of a sudden without much denouvement. Almost as if the writters didn' t know where they were going with it so they just ended the movie quickly. Not that the ending didn' t make sense or anything... Maybe I was enjoying the movie enough that I wanted it to last another 2 hours.

It was premature to say I loved it. I was tired. Still a sweet movie though. It has a few great moments. Definitely worth renting at least.

For what it sets out to do, I give it a solid 8/10.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jun 28, 2008 09:53
Seen a couple of different movies over the last few weeks:
Knocked up- Unrated DVD
Excellent DVD. Worth a look or a buy. This movie had a couple laughs but the story was solid. The DVD shines because of the extras, this had more laughs vs the movie alone. Deleted scenes, extended/alternate scenes, a Line O Rama (very original- other comedies should keep this as a must have), gag real as well as directors commentary.

A Japanese movie with English Subtitles
Machine Girl
I taught this would be an anime but was wrong. Probably the worst movie next to kung pow. But because of the gore and Asian girl i looked at it. If anyone sees this ha. WTF

and recently i just saw the Iron ManDVD
No not the one with R.D. The animated Iron Man DVD, i think this was released by marvel last year on DVD and it' s good. It was very good. This is a keeper if you are a Marvel Fan.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jul 05, 2008 12:04
I just saw Hancock
The reviews I read about this movie are waaayyy too harsh. Maybe the reviewers were expecting a different movie, because they made it seem like it' s not worth watching. NOt the greatest movie, but it' s far from trash.
It' s possible from the preview that one might get the impression that it' s a kind of spoof/ funny superhero movie. It' s not. I' d describe it as a drama about a guy who has superpowers.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jul 05, 2008 12:49

I just saw Hancock
The reviews I read about this movie are waaayyy too harsh. Maybe the reviewers were expecting a different movie, because they made it seem like it' s not worth watching. NOt the greatest movie, but it' s far from trash.
It' s possible from the preview that one might get the impression that it' s a kind of spoof/ funny superhero movie. It' s not. I' d describe it as a drama about a guy who has superpowers.

I saw it this evening too and liked it a lot! Definitely wasn' t a spoof! Can' t wait until the Blu-Ray release, I am so getting it ;D
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jul 05, 2008 14:36

ORIGINAL: canadagamer

..and the twist at the end with Haden " no emotion" Christiansen' s finding out that his own mother was hunting Jumpers was a nice touch.

Yeah, so uh, thanks for the warning about the spoiler!

So, anyways, I just watched Hancock too. It was funny as hell. I liked it because, like Unbreakable, it was a more realistic take on a superhero in today' s world. I honestly don' t think you can go wrong with a Will Smith movie.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jul 06, 2008 03:03
I' m half way through 21 now... I don' t know where all the bad reviews are coming from. Maybe it' s Kevin Spacey.

Just saw Get Smart as well. It was a little immature, but I still laughed.

Cloverfield blew me away... not because it was a good movie or anything, but because of the technical issues. So they are lugging around a digital video camera the entire time. Obviously this camera is high definition. Firstly, how much tape does this camera hold? HDV cameras can only hold one hour and look like ass (don' t get me started on interframe MPEG compression). The Panasonic HVX200 can shoot indefinitely, but you have to keep swapping out P2 cards. Secondly, the camera seems to have infinite battery life. They even use the " built in light" on the camera? Yeah. No camera since 1995 has had one of those. Thirdly, why are they taking the camera everywhere, even jumping across buildings with it? Fourthly, what kind of microphone is on that camera? It records PHENOMENAL 5.1 surround sound with tons of hard hitting subwoofer? Camera microphones sound like ass. I just can' t get over these issues that the general public who knows nothing probably can.

Your posts = win.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jul 06, 2008 07:42

I just saw Hancock
What is it with comedians all of a sudden playing super hero movies. Will Smith did this, I watched a really shitty super hero movie with Tim Allen, and then Eddie Murphey' s new movie about an alien ship coming to Earth shaped like a human looks pretty much like a super hero movie.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jul 06, 2008 12:43
I think Will Smith has made it out of the comedian niche now with great success. He' s done some pretty good dramatic roles. He' s vastly improved since those old Fresh Prince of BelAir days.

A LOT of actors are getting into the superhero thing now that it' s become a respectable genre. Before, you' d see a bunch of b-list talent in these types of movies, but now they' re attracting major talents across the board. I mean, compare the cast from The Crow to the cast of Iron Man.
< Message edited by nekkid_monkey -- 6 Jul 08 4:44:26 >
Change Page: << < ..41424344454647 > | Showing page 45 of 47, messages 881 to 900 of 925

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll