Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented?
Change Page: << < ..41424344454647 > | Showing page 41 of 47, messages 801 to 820 of 925
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 14, 2008 01:21
No Country For Old MEn was a good movie I agree for what it was. But the pacing isnt for everyone. Nor is the ending lol.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 18, 2008 10:51
I just went to see Jumper.

The CG is top-notch, the acting is better than I expected from Hayden " Together... We will rule the galaxy" Christiansen, and it' s a pretty neat concept.

It' s a popcorn flick to be sure. Go see it anyway.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 18, 2008 10:56
I have seen him in " Life as a House" and " Shattered Glass" , and apart from some minimal wooden acting moments, his is definitely not as bad as he was playing Anakin. Then again, Star Wars has never presented itself for great performances, unless you' re a cool-ass character such as Han Solo.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 23, 2008 05:09
Seen U23D. Brilliant! Amazing!
Mass X

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 23, 2008 05:28
One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest - Good ol insanity.

Smiley Faces - Stoner movie starring Anna Faris

Payback [Director' s Cut] - Original director was fired since they didnt like how dark the movie was getting. 7 years later they bought him back to do what he could with the footage they had. Did a pretty good job plus it has one of my favorite ending movie lines " Just Drive Baby" . Stars Mel Gibson

Film Crew: Wild Women of Wongo - MST3K crew continues to do what they do best.

Jabberwocky - Meh

Exiled - Over the top hong bullet ballet mixed with a spaghetti western theme directed by one of Hong Kongs coolest directors Jonny To. Good stuff.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Feb 24, 2008 11:17
War - Statham shouldn' t play American characters/Jet Li shouldn' t act in American films.

Cloverfield - Fuc.king awful.

Juno - Fuc.king awful.

Rambo IV - Fuc.king amazing. Easily the best war film since Black Hawk Down, and almost as good as Platoon. Easily Sly' s best movie to date and probably my favourite movie in the past couple of years. The special effects are unbelievably realistic and if anything, it really drives home the respect you should have for .50 calibre weapons. Death has never looked so good.

Jumper - Fuc.king awful.

National Treasure: Book of Secrets - Nic Cage racing around the world because of some American Civil War/Lincoln assassination bullshit. Thin on plot but as with all Cage movies... very likeable. I didn' t expect much, even though i thought the first one was good... but i was pleasantly surprised.

The Bank Job - Exactly what Statham should be doing. Not quite Lock Stock or Snatch, but FAR better than anything else he' s been in. A kickass British crime flick.

Sweeney Todd - Fantasic portrayal of an age old English possibly based-in-truth folks tale.

No Country For Old Men - Another cinematic wonder from the Coen Brothers. It' s in the same league as Fargo and O Brother Where Art Thou, ...they definitely haven' t lost their touch.
Mass X

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Mar 07, 2008 02:08
The Hudsucker Proxy - The under watched satire of big business by the Coen Brothers. Honestly its directing style reminded me of Terry Gilliams stuff. Sam Raimi helped write it.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - Funny noir. Stars Robert Downey Jr and Val Kilmer. From the writers and producers of Lethal Weapon I think. Which might be why Downey' s character reminded me of Gibson' s. Anyways another under watched flick go see it.

Robin B Hood - One of Jackie Chan' s recent HK produced films. Think three men and a baby only with Chan. Not to say it wasnt good tho. The fights were solid, the comedy on par the story a bit different then Chan' s other stuff and he gets to display a somewhat darker character and show off some decent acting.

L.A. Confidential - ***n love this movie.

Eastern Promises - Good stuff brutal fight scene ...rushed ending.

Happiness - So bizarre even for me. I ended up not finishing it tho i really. Tho I should' ve. Very dark humor. Hard to put this as a recomendation.

< Message edited by Mass X -- 6 Mar 08 18:09:18 >
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Mar 07, 2008 02:17
Saw Beowulf for the first time this week. Pretty good film.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Mar 07, 2008 03:06

Rambo IV - Fuc.king amazing.

I have been chastised by my friends for liking this one so much. By far the best Rambo movie, but I won' t say that it is Sly' s best film to date as I am still in the belief that the first Rocky movie is still his best.

Kind of funny that for so many years Sly has been putting out a lot of crap. Now he has put together back to back great films with Rocky and Rambo IV.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Mar 07, 2008 04:41

ORIGINAL: canadagamer

Rambo IV - Fuc.king amazing.

I have been chastised by my friends for liking this one so much. By far the best Rambo movie, but I won' t say that it is Sly' s best film to date as I am still in the belief that the first Rocky movie is still his best.

Kind of funny that for so many years Sly has been putting out a lot of crap. Now he has put together back to back great films with Rocky and Rambo IV.

I liked the last Rambo, but I' d put it third on the list. First Blood was AWESOME in my opinion. Then the second and then part 4. We' ll just pretend part 3 didn' t happen! As far as Rocky, I liked part 4 the best (I think it' s part 4. The one with the Russian.)
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Mar 10, 2008 22:05
I haven' t seen any new movies recently, but I did watch The Full Monty last night. A true british movie if there ever was one.

I also saw Diamonds Are Forever not long ago.

I might have to download Cloverfield and No Country For Old Men.
< Message edited by Marink -- 10 Mar 08 14:06:08 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Mar 10, 2008 23:28
Just saw " The Counterfitters" . It' s a german language film that won best foreign film this year at the Academy Awards about a group of concentration camp inmates who are forced to counterfiet the dollar and the pound to support the German economy. Fantastic, and not at all wrapped up in the usual " strength of will" story that gets told. There' s no direct idealist protagonist, and no clear totally likable character by the end, which is comforting in a World War II film.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Mar 13, 2008 07:57
Watching Sexy Beast again right now on Film 4. Ben Kingsley is absolutely terrifying in it. Brilliant film.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Mar 13, 2008 08:09
No Country For Old Men
Nice movie for the most part. I feel that Tommy Lee Jones' character was completely useless and had next to no reason to be in the movie. If all of the Tommy Lee Jones scenes were cut out, the movie would be 10 times better. I couldn' t contain my yawns when Tommy Lee Jones visited the man of many cats. That sure was pointless.

Also, the movie could have used an ending.
Mass X

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Mar 13, 2008 11:52
Yeah like I sad above, that movie was good for what it was, but most definitely for a very specific type of audience. I enjoyed it, but I wouldn' t watch it more then once.

Chinatown : Old Jack Nicholson flick directed by Roman Polanski based in the 1930' s. Damn cool movie.
Mass X

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Mar 16, 2008 07:26
The Mexican: Don' t know why people hated this movie. Brad Pitt and Juliet Roberts star in this thriller/comedy...or something like that. A bag man (Pitt) has a streak of bad luck in his job and personal life. Gets one last chance to redeem himself and things go wrong as usual. Directed by Gore Verbinksi (SP?)

Severance: Somtehing along the lines of Shaun of the Dead. A horror comedy only much darker and a little less comedy. I have never heard of this movie so it was a random pick up but a good pick up. A group of interanational weapons sales people go on a company retreat in Hungary. A rogue group of russian commandos decides to hunt them down. Starring a group of unknowns (at least in the US) Toby Stephens, Laura Harris and Danny Dyer. Directed by Christopher Smith.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 15 Mar 08 23:28:50 >
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Mar 16, 2008 08:01
Meet the Spartans

The worst movie I' ve ever watched. I only smirked like 3 times, and not because of a funny gag or something but simply because of a pop culture reference. Seriously, this is a piece of crap and I beg you, DO NOT PAY FOR THIS MOVIE, because, seriously, supporting people like the two guys behind this piece of shit, is the worst imaginable crime. This movie sucks huge dicks and I hope all people involved in making it die a horrible death.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Mar 16, 2008 08:20

Severance: Somtehing along the lines of Shaun of the Dead. A horror comedy only much darker and a little less comedy. I have never heard of this movie so it was a random pick up but a good pick up. A group of interanational weapons sales people go on a company retreat in Hungary. A rogue group of russian commandos decides to hunt them down. Starring a group of unknowns (at least in the US) Toby Stephens, Laura Harris and Danny Dyer. Directed by Christopher Smith.

The rocket launcher part was hilarious. Everyone should go rent this movie just for that one scene.
Mass X

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Mar 16, 2008 16:43
30 Days of Night: A decent movie. Tho the editing seemed like a mess at some points. It seemed like scenes were missing I thought I had fallen alseep and woke up later on in the movie or something. But aside from that it turned out to be an ok vampire movie. hmmm only a one time rental.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Mar 17, 2008 03:45

Meet the Spartans

I hear its terrible but I still want to see it, maybe becuase I loved 300. One of my friends thinks 300 is better than Gladiator, what a fool!

Recently I' ve seen..

Semi-Pro
maybe like one funny part, very forgetable, Will Ferrall can do better.

The Third Resident evil film
my flatmate bought the dvd so I watched this yesterday, I didnt see it in the cinema as the other two were comicly bad. I was surprized with this one though, a glimmer of a good movie was present, |I really liked the idea of trying to find a cure and all that, and the whole world is a desert thing is neat. Of course film has some major problems like the last two but this is by favorite of the ' trilogy' . Not saying much though, Milla Jovovich is quite hot too.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 16 Mar 08 19:46:22 >
Change Page: << < ..41424344454647 > | Showing page 41 of 47, messages 801 to 820 of 925

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll