Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented?
Change Page: << < ..41424344454647 > | Showing page 42 of 47, messages 821 to 840 of 925
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Mar 17, 2008 08:00

I hear its terrible but I still want to see it, maybe becuase I loved 300. One of my friends thinks 300 is better than Gladiator, what a fool!

Recently I' ve seen..
The movie is pretty bad, but not on the scale that people lead on. It gets a lot of heat because it was made by the people who made Date Movie. A lot of the movie is just childish jokes, but you should be able to get at least 6 or 7 good laughs from the movie. You wont find it funny at all if you haven' t seen 300. I don' t recommend paying for it, but I think its worth a download.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Mar 17, 2008 18:28
I watched Juno, which i quite liked actually.

Also watched Hostel 2, which was part way decent.

saw half of the running man, before falling asleep, iv never seen it entirely. so thats on the to do list
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Mar 21, 2008 10:47
Harsh Times: Christian Bale again proves how versatile he is as an actor. Pretty good movie...maybe if only because it has an eerie resemblance to a few things in my life.

The Constant Gardener: Sad movie. Pretty good. Probably slow for some, but I enjoyed No Country for Old Men so that really doesn' t bother me.

The Sarah Silverman Program: Funny as hell.
Shin_Ishikawa

• Total Posts : 144
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Mar 24, 2008 03:10
I want to see planet B-Boy.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Mar 24, 2008 04:05
Bought " I AM LEGEND" . Not a bad movie. It was like 28 Days/Weeks later meets your typical vampire movie.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 23 Mar 08 20:05:39 >
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Mar 25, 2008 05:12

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

Bought " I AM LEGEND" . Not a bad movie. It was like 28 Days/Weeks later meets your typical vampire movie.

I want to see this, but I just figure the ending will be rubbish and nothing like the book. Can' t be worse than the Omega Man though :)

I bought Planet Terror and while some of the " vintage" effects were really annoying I enjoyed it. Totally over the top Zombie film.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Mar 25, 2008 05:22
Paranoid Park - About a kid who accidentally kills a security guard while trainhopping with some skate punks. It fared well at Cannes, and I rather liked it. The presentation was disjointed, but that helped tie you to the character emotionally.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Mar 25, 2008 06:55
Just recently bought I Am Legend which was pretty good, and 30 Days Of Night. 30 Days of Night I enjoyed just for the simple fact of how brutal the Vampires were.

Mass X

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Mar 27, 2008 06:27
The Holy Mountain: Avant garde for sure... took me awhile to understand what the hell the creater was going for but it all came together...I think...

Crime Story: Michael Mann' s tv series form the 80' s pretty good stuff. Only watched the pilot set so far.
kitten

• Total Posts : 197
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Mar 27, 2008 17:50
i' m far from a movie buff, but if i ever wanted to make my own movie, i' m pretty sure i' d make it along the same lines of the one i saw on the weekend at a mates place.

from dusk till dawn.

a movie that was fantastic at the start, if not leaning towards the creepy side, only until halfway.. where it takes an unexpected turn that turns the action/horror into a comedy. :P
I personally loved it, doubt i could watch it a second time though.
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Mar 27, 2008 17:55
The assasination of Jesse James...

Bored the crap out of me...so yeah don' t watch it
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Mar 28, 2008 00:15
Just watched the original Die Hard again.

John McClane is such a badass.
Mass X

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Apr 03, 2008 10:04
Chaos - Jason Stathem, Wesley Snipes, and Ryan Phillipe star in this rather meh bank heist flick. Nice little twist ending. Actually it was pretty meh also.

Sweeny Todd - Its a musical so I knew what I was getting into on that front. It was Burton and Depp so I knew what I was getting form them. Overall tho I would' ve preferred a non musical version. I don' t dislike musicals I enjoyed Moulin Rouge and like Across the Universe. But the story for this I would' ve liked it with a little less singing... but it was based off a broadway musical so I can' t say anything. IN the end the I still enjoyed it enough.

Videodrome - Good weird ass film.

The Devil' s Own - Good enough.

Papillion - Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman star in this prison break film that owns most all others.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Apr 03, 2008 10:39
Johnny Nemonic
It was alright I guess. I enjoyed the fake out at the end.
DieHounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 59
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Apr 04, 2008 07:23
Un Chien Andalou

WHAT THE FU.CK?! The weird thing is, this is supposedly a classic according to big important " film scholars" .
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Apr 04, 2008 07:45
Daywatch

Sequel to Nightwatch, both big budget russian movies that made it to the big screen. I saw the first film at the cinema, but missed this sequel so I got it on DVD.

I loved the first film, just had a certain style to it. Dark, honest, the effects were brilliant (bullet time and CGI = awesome) but also it didn' t take itself too seriously. Daywatch was just as good in all these areas, but the story wasn' t as epic. (And a little confusing as I' d forgotten what happened in the first film!)

Kinda made me want to play Stalker again! 4/5

(Beware of subtitles those who are allergic)
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Apr 05, 2008 07:59
Sweeney Todd-
Not too bad, kind of grew on you as it progressed. Many of the songs could have been better written and performed, though. I guessed the ending long before it happened. The teenage boy looked way too much like a girl, though. How could the teenage girl be attracted to him unless she was a lesbo?
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 4 Apr 08 23:59:26 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Apr 05, 2008 10:50
I saw a play version of Sweeney Todd when I was younger. I really liked it, but I haven' t had the chance to see the movie yet.
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Apr 05, 2008 22:08
Rented I don' t know anymore what the title was but it was a Star Wars movie...tried giving it a go again...

Still find it boring and stupid. I don' t know why it' s just something about those movies rub me the wrong way. I try to find something I like in them but I just can' t.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Apr 12, 2008 03:13
Went to the big screen to see 10,000Bc what a waste!!!
Recently saw " In the Name of the the King DVD"
and Hitman
Change Page: << < ..41424344454647 > | Showing page 42 of 47, messages 821 to 840 of 925

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll