Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented?
Change Page: << < ..41424344454647 > | Showing page 44 of 47, messages 861 to 880 of 925
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 05, 2008 21:45

Okay, did we see different movies or what?

Yes Chee Saw same movie.
Like i said the blood & gore was the only thing good about Rambo.
There is no real story and wtf is it with the swearing.
Dude, i like Rambo, got all the DVD' s but this one killed it.
Sly looked like a sad sap, kept his shirt on and nick named " the boatman" [:' (]

All Stallone had to do, was get another actor to play the role and call the movie THE BOATMAN
< Message edited by the_shadowwolf -- 5 May 08 13:51:16 >
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 06, 2008 03:15
I thought the new Rambo is the best since First Blood.

I just saw Iron Man this afternoon. Much better than I thought it would be, but I prefer Spiderman and Xmen2. Downey was class in it, brought some much needed humour to the film.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX SPOILER XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

What' s with making the Dude a bad guy? I struggled to cope with that.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 06, 2008 15:42

ORIGINAL: the_shadowwolf

Yes Chee Saw same movie.
Like i said the blood & gore was the only thing good about Rambo.
There is no real story and wtf is it with the swearing.
Dude, i like Rambo, got all the DVD' s but this one killed it.
Sly looked like a sad sap, kept his shirt on and nick named " the boatman" [:' (]

All Stallone had to do, was get another actor to play the role and call the movie THE BOATMAN

Ahhh! I misread what you were saying. I read it as, " they took all the violence and gore and swearing out of the series, and now it' s nothing."

Well, I think that it' s the third best one. I' m still trying to decide whether First Blood, or Rambo: First Blood Part Two was best. Part three doesn' t exist.

It wasn' t great, but I liked it, and I felt like it capped the series nicely.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 07, 2008 00:11
Harold and Kumar was entertaining. The first 20 minutes, and all the bits with Neil Patrick Harris shrooming were solid. The rest was rather cookie-cutter. I could see where they were going with most of the humor before it was delivered.

The Wind That Shakes the Barley
A movie revolving around the formation of the Irish Republican Army, and the troubles in Ireland during the 1920s. The lead was played by the guy who did The Scarecrow from Batman Begins, and it was positively stunning. The cinematography was top notch, and I found that it managed to portray The Troubles without the partisan bias you usually find in films like this one. No seriously... go rent it. Duff, are you reading this? Go rent this f*cking movie.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 6 May 08 16:16:00 >
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 07, 2008 00:38

The Wind That Shakes the Barley
A movie revolving around the formation of the Irish Republican Army, and the troubles in Ireland during the 1920s. The lead was played by the guy who did The Scarecrow from Batman Begins, and it was positively stunning. The cinematography was top notch, and I found that it managed to portray The Troubles without the partisan bias you usually find in films like this one. No seriously... go rent it. Duff, are you reading this? Go rent this f*cking movie.

Brilliant movie! Have seen it a few times. Set during Irish War of Independence and Irish civil War. Its both historically accurate and as you said Eddie without partisan bias. If you haven' t seen it already Eddie I also recommend " Michael Collins" , not as good as The wind that shakes the Barley as it has some historical inaccuracies but still definitely worth watching.
< Message edited by Duffman -- 6 May 08 16:42:54 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 07, 2008 01:17
Huh, I' ll be sure to pick that up next time I' m out.

You' ve seen The Boondock Saints haven' t you?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 07, 2008 08:22
The General is prob my fav Irish movie, but typically I dont like Irish history movies, really you seen one you seen them all.

Just Saw Iron man.. It was awesome go see it!
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 7 May 08 0:23:52 >
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 10, 2008 06:27
I watched I Am Legend tonight. It was going great - they had changed bits and pieces, but nothing too bad/intrusive to the plot, and then BANG! The last half hour happened. So bad they had to include an alternate ending on the BluRay. I' ll watch that next week and see if it' s any better. The vamps in it looked too CGI too. I don' t understand why they did that when The Descent (not really vamps, I know) and 30 Days of Night got their vampires to look spot on. very disappointing, especially after Will Smith puts in an excellent performance that really got me emotionally involved. I was weeping like a tranny in prison.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 12, 2008 13:32
Mr. Brooks

A schizophrenic serial killer trying to quit goes to AA meetings to try to curb his blood lust lol. This movie has some interesting twists. I don' t want to spoil the movie but basically someone (played by Dane Cook) catches him in one of his killings and makes a deal with the schizophrenic that he' ll keep his secret if he brings him along to a murder. Meanwhile a detective (played by Demi Moore) is hot on his trail, and that' s only half the guys problems.

You have all the main characters strongly driven by clear motivations, which all conflict with the motivations of all the other characters. Suspense, a few laughs I liked it.

7.5/10
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 13, 2008 10:28
I' m watching the Unrated Cut of Superbad. There' s no new scenes, but there' s so many little jokes that make it worth watching again, little extensions of scenes. It' s brilliant.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 23, 2008 16:49
Indiana Jones 4

Great movie, i enjoyed it thouroughly, no embarresing moments as in the new star wars movies.

Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 23, 2008 18:49
You didn' t think the monkeys were embarrassing?

Also, it helps to really enjoy X-Files.
Vx Chemical

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 23, 2008 20:31

You didn' t think the monkeys were embarrassing?

Also, it helps to really enjoy X-Files.

nah not really, Indiana Jones has had funny animals in every single one of them.

Also interdimensional beings, are as much x files, as an ark with murderous soules in it. As a guy able to pull out hearts with his bare hands, and as a knight who has lived 600 years or more.

I understand the skepsis, but having given it thought, it falls well within what i can except in the universe.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 24, 2008 00:00
I enjoyed the movie even though the subject was slightly far-fetched (loved the " survive the nuke in the fridge" thing). I will definitely buy it on Blu-ray.
Vx Chemical

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 24, 2008 00:18
Me aswell, i just got all the pirates movies on blu' ray i think the style should lend itself well to format.

In anycase Kiera in high def glory.

So far i only own

Pirates 1-3
Departed
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 24, 2008 02:11
I' m probably going to get laughed out of the forums for this but, no pain no gain!

The last two movies I saw were downloaded from Xbox Live this week and were:

1- P.S. I Love You

and

2- Soul Plane
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 23 May 08 18:12:34 >
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 24, 2008 18:02

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

I' m probably going to get laughed out of the forums for this but, no pain no gain!

The last two movies I saw were downloaded from Xbox Live this week and were:

1- P.S. I Love You

and

2- Soul Plane

So... what did you think of these two masterpieces?
Terry Bogard

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 25, 2008 01:21

So... what did you think of these two masterpieces?

Actually both movies weren' t that bad to be honest. I know I tend to have a higher threshold for pain with movies than a lot of other people and will oftentimes like movies that the rest of the world hates, but I genuinely thought both movies were decent.

I thought P.S. I Love You had an interesting premise where a widow is still receiving letters from her late husband, instructing her to do stuff. The movie became all about the letters and when the next one would arrive and what his instructions would be to her. I laughed a few times during the movie so I' d give it a passing grade just for that. Had the movie not expired after 24 friggin hours (damn you Microsoft!) I would have watched it twice.

Now Soul Plane on the other hand had all the makings of a DISASTER. It took me two days to talk myself into downloading this movie because all of the pieces were in place to make it one of the worst movies on the market, but it failed at that because I enjoyed a few parts.

Movies like, ' EPIC MOVIE' , ' Dickie Roberts' , and even Scary Movie 3 tried so hard to be funny but didn' t make me laugh at all, whereas I got a few chuckles from Soul Plane. In fact, I watched the movie twice before it expired.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - May 26, 2008 11:28
Over the weekend i looked at
Live Free or Die Hard DVD
It did have commentary, trailers and some extras, but for a good movie i was expecting a little more from the DVD.

And also i looked atCloverfield
...Damn movie was too predictable and you know for a gigantic monster, you mean to tell me no one can see, hear or feel when it is near. That' s stupid!
Rent it if you want else you can pass.
Terry Bogard

RE: What Movies Have You Recently Seen Or Rented? - Jun 26, 2008 12:56
I just got done watching the still somewhat new RAMBO movie. I' ll call it Rambo 4!
Not bad, not bad at all.. That movie was a friggin bloodbath at times! It' s the first time I' ve downloaded the HD version of a movie from Xbox Live Marketplace, I normally go for the standard editions, but I figured, what the hell!
Change Page: << < ..41424344454647 > | Showing page 44 of 47, messages 861 to 880 of 925

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll