Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 So, How' s Your 2005 Going?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
So, How' s Your 2005 Going? - Jan 28, 2005 07:45
With just about one month under our belts, 2005 has definitely made its mark on me and my family.

I went from being totally broke (having very little $$ to pay all my bills) to paying up almost every bill. My finances have been restructured and made to better fit my current situation without sacrificing my standard of living (lower-middle class).

The second job requirement thing looks to have been removed as well. But, I may still pursue a part-time position to shore up my savings and retirement and to bring $$ for things like regular events like taking the little woman out for a night on the town or the kids to that newly released movie.

In the first few days of 2005, I was sure to start crying. But, with the help of a financial advisor, I have emerged from the ashes anew with a much brighter outlook on my family' s future.

Once again, I can hold my head up high and feel confident that the future is indeed bright.

So, how' s your 2005 going?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: So, How' s Your 2005 Going? - Jan 28, 2005 09:28
Im bouncing aroun between jobs still enjoying my break before college. However this year has so far been the lonliest. I been so busy I havent seen ne friends for maybe 6 months now. But I got chickapoo to bring out into the sunlight from time to time.

Overall, everything is at a standstill just moving simple and slow. Not bad tho.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: So, How' s Your 2005 Going? - Jan 28, 2005 14:02
Well it was going good ntil I was up to my elbos in lamb guts this morning. We had a research lamb die and we had to go in and find out what went wrong. Not a pleasant job. On the bright side, Friends are coming over tonight, and we' re going to be playing a bunch of board games we just got from Germany, so that should be fun.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: So, How' s Your 2005 Going? - Jan 28, 2005 22:22
Same ole, same ole...college, homework, college, homework, weekend, homework, college, homework...it' s a vicious cycle. I can' t wait for summer...
Spacepiston

• Total Posts : 164
RE: So, How' s Your 2005 Going? - Jan 29, 2005 09:29
Its been just craptacular. That about sums it up.
Chickapoo88

• Total Posts : 187
RE: So, How' s Your 2005 Going? - Jan 29, 2005 19:49
Ahhh 2005... I started off this year being grounded from the one person that makes everything better. I just became ungrounded last weekend and finally saw him after a month. I also saw him today, it was a good day. So far I guess 2005 isn' t proving to be too bad. It could be a lot worse. I just can' t wait until Mass is able to drive over anytime. Then the year will improve, I know it will.
< Message edited by chickapoo88 -- 1/29/2005 7:54:28 PM >
DaRoosh65

RE: So, How' s Your 2005 Going? - Jan 31, 2005 12:06
My year continues to move ahead in the right direction...

The same company that consolidated my household finances has begun to set up for my vehicle re-financing. I will be saving about $148 a month on my payments due to a lower interest rate!

Tax time is right around the corner, and that will be the time I can seal-the-deal on my finances...meaning that I will complete my financial recovery with the tax-return funds!

On the gaming front, I have been able to acquire Mercenaries - my new all-time favorite game, Soul Calibur II, Spyro, Metal Arms, and this past year' s ESPN lineup (NFL, NHL, and NBA 2K5 series). Since I can' t stand the thought of EA, I made sure that I acquired these titles prior to any more big announcements from their HQ.

There are a few more titles that I wish to re-/acquire, but they will have to wait until I have the $$ and the time. Those titles include, but are not limited to: Crimson Skies, Halo I & II, Mech Assault I & II, Bard' s Tale, Dai Senryaku: Modern Military Tactics (not yet released), Midway Treasures I & II, Namco Museum, Gauntlet: Dark Legacy, Serious Sam I & II (if #2 is ever released), Duke Nukem (if ever released), Sid Meier' s Pirates! (yet to be released), and a few others that escape my aging mind...

Everything else is wonderful for the moment...but I am keeping my eyes open for any future issues that may need my immediate attention.

I just have to keep faith in my future remaining so bright...
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 1/31/2005 2:08:56 PM >
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: So, How' s Your 2005 Going? - Jan 31, 2005 17:37
it' s going.... slow and steady. This has been a long month.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: So, How' s Your 2005 Going? - Jan 31, 2005 19:02
2004 had been a hectic year for us (to say the least) and so far I haven' t seen too much improvement; however, I have my family and we all have our health (not always our sanity), so hopefully the stresses will disappear more sooner than later
bradley harper

• Total Posts : 172
RE: So, How' s Your 2005 Going? - Feb 01, 2005 16:23
Ahhh nothing has really changed for me since 04, 05 seems to be the same year repeating its self. but hopefully things will look up in the near future.
Eastwood

• Total Posts : 158
RE: So, How' s Your 2005 Going? - Feb 02, 2005 14:59
there really isn' t anything new happening in my 2005 as of yet...in fact, its kind of a bummer in a lot of ways. im thinking that 2005 will be a good year....i just have yet to see why.
DaRoosh65

RE: So, How' s Your 2005 Going? - Feb 10, 2005 12:05
Well, my upward turn seems to have reached peak with my tax refund...but that' s still good - at least I didn' t owe this year.

Spring is almost here, so that should bring some even brighter days...so I can begin to scrape and paint my garage and house trim, fill foundation cracks, and shore up any winter damage.

Until then, I will tear out my bathroom wall, install new wallboard, move my bathroom lighting to just above the medicine cabinet, and install new shower-wall covering/tile.

For me, this year has started with a BANG!

Just hope it keeps on the good side of things...
Sharon

RE: So, How' s Your 2005 Going? - Feb 10, 2005 14:14
Hubby and I made a decision and now -- we' re moving again! Yep, you heard right. We' ve been in Montana for 4 months and now we' re moving to Bakersfield, California. We like it here in Montana; however, the money is just not there. We' ve had some major problems with one of our houses back home and the insurance won' t cover it, so we have to foot the bill, plus we booted out the tenants as they weren' t paying their rent, therefore, no money to cover mortgage. So, hubby had a job offer he just couldn' t say no to. It was a hard decision to make at first, until his current workplace just let the employees know that they are discontinuing basic medical, vision and dental care and offering only major medical (hospital, etc) yet still deducting the same amount from the monthly paycheck. GOODBYE!

Hubby has to leave on the 21st -- now the decision is whether the kids and I go with him immediately or wait until next month. We think we already have a house (with a pool ) leased in CA, but have to wait until the owners confirm. If so, then we' ll all leave together.

In the meantime, it' s packing time again.
DaRoosh65

RE: So, How' s Your 2005 Going? - Feb 15, 2005 09:13
Wow! And you just got settled!

Sounds like you' re doing the right thing in going where the job pays better...just bites that you' ll have to move again.

So, I guess this means that you will be offline for some time...let us know when you will be going - I would like to say my ' until your back' farewell.

Let us know if there is anything we can do...you know, information or whatever, to better assist with your move.

Maybe someone from Kikizo, that lives out that way, could provide information to help you get re-settled (once you' re there).
DaRoosh65

RE: So, How' s Your 2005 Going? - Jun 16, 2005 11:45
Well, after my monumental 1st quarter, the second quarter kinda backed off a bit.

Things now are noticeably less exciting, but that' s life.

The third quarter looks to be heading in the right direction...additional funds, from more hours at my second job, will fund school start-up expenses, late-year birthdays, Xmas, a few home remodeling projects, and my beloved XBOX360 purchase.

Just hope I can maintain working 70+ hours per week to earn the $$ to pull ahead of the game and put some extra $$ away for the proverbial " extended" rainy day...just in case.

How' s everyone else doing?
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: So, How' s Your 2005 Going? - Jun 16, 2005 13:15
I have a stomache cramp today. That kind of licks.
Sharon

RE: So, How' s Your 2005 Going? - Jun 16, 2005 13:44
Doing awesome!

Since we moved to California things have been looking up - finally have tenants for all of our properties back home in Canada, finally have good medical insurance and finally have some peace of mind.
Jackelcy Dumas

• Total Posts : 58
RE: So, How' s Your 2005 Going? - Jul 12, 2005 15:24
My 2005 went too fast. I saw this sexy girl in school and didn' t even get her number that was a waste of a year. I wish i could go back in time.
MikeK

• Total Posts : 147
RE: So, How' s Your 2005 Going? - Jul 27, 2005 19:22
Hopfully I' ll be going to collage this year but other than that the years just keep going faster and faster.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll