Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Shenmue update
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 73
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 02, 2007 07:29

ORIGINAL: DontPeeOnBilly
So, you have one reference with Kaz Hirai... anything else?

That is 1-0 to me in terms of examples though, where are yours?

LoL. The information you have is not exclusive and is printed everywhere on the web. EXCEPT for Sega related rumors. The rest of your articles/news pieces aren' t updated enough and aren' t important.

All over the web after we report them yes. They are exclusive because people tell us on record in an interview and we publish it. Other sites pick up our news and SOURCE KIKIZO as the place that secured the info. Are you feeling OK? This is pretty basic stuff. Oh and I never said 100% of our news is exclusive. We report on normal stuff too, because it' s news. You need to look at Kikizo a little closer I think before you offer your criticism (something we welcome when it' s not embarrasingly, obviously wrong - see pinned thread in the other forum here).

The only consumer game website in the world to have published 1-1 interviews with all three current firstparty global presidents (Iwata, Hirai, Bach/Allard) at this time.

LoL.

Explain why this is funny or untrue? Go find me a game site with interviews with all three then make your own mind up about what this means.

Sega " insiders" going to get cut off? We' ll see about that shall we?

Hope not, otherwise this place would be just a forum.

Again you are not really explaining or justifying anything here with facts.

It' s about you whining and not wanting to take responsibility. You ***ed up, but you don' t want to admit it. Instead, you shift blame. It' s cowardly.

" I regret X because of Y and will only do -X from now on" , which I said above, is hardly shifting blame or failing to admit a bad decision.
< Message edited by Adam Doree -- 2 Aug 07 3:01:56 >
Stas8

• Total Posts : 2
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 02, 2007 08:08
DontPeeOnBilly: mate, you' ve got issues....
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 02, 2007 10:05

ys, as I recall, the DC chip in Xbox was just rumor with no credibility behind it.

Hm, I' m just going by what I read from some sources of course. I don' t know if it was ever close to being realized. All I read was that these were wishes from Sega. Anyway, Microsoft and Sega must' ve had some talks at the time and a cooperation wouldn' t have been as bad as things are now I assume.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 02, 2007 10:27

ORIGINAL: Stas8

DontPeeOnBilly: mate, you' ve got issues....

I know where i' ve seen your name before...

Welcome.

As for the topic, ...i really don' t think Adam has anything to explain. Rumors and at-the-time " officially unofficial" information fly around all the time. Like in other media industries things change daily, and what was happening at one point may not be happening two months down the line.

I still blame the merger with Sammy for the lack of a Shenmue III. I don' t think they want to take the risk of spending so much for what could be very little return.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 02, 2007 10:29
I demand some heads to roll...
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 02, 2007 11:12
Adam, until Billy has some examples of his own that shows you' re anti-Sony I suggest you just ignore him. So far his post are nothing but empty words. There' s no reason for you to argue with him. I think he' s just trying to piss you off.
Stas8

• Total Posts : 2
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 02, 2007 11:13
Nitro: appreciate the discretion!

yeah, Adam really doesn' t have anything to explain! Not a fan of Shenmue personally, but what do I know hey...

Thanks for the support!

emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 02, 2007 11:16
Wouldn' t you get more traffic by making up stories about big games that actually matter in the industry? Like make up a fake GTA interview or something?

Seriously, fake shenmue 3 articles is the wrong way to go about it.
IstillwantShenmue3

• Total Posts : 54
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 02, 2007 12:02
Hi, my previous name was IwantShenmue3,
i had so many emails i kept forgetting my password, i stick to 1 email address now, no big deal.
I was not really expecting it to come any time soon so this doesn' t blow that much.
Nitro

RE: Shenmue update - Aug 02, 2007 12:16
Or you could report what you were told by a trusted source (who obviously couldn' t be named due to being under an NDA) and get repeatedly attacked and questioned when what was once on the cards gets postponed or canceled.

I can' t believe this is still an issue for some people. It' s like...

Adam - " VF5 headed for 360, revision C, smoother graphics"

Muppets - " Bullshit!!!"

Adam - " Just wait..."

VF5 gets announced for 360...

Adam - " See..."

Muppets - " Yeah well you also said Shenmue III was coming out and that didn' t happen!!!"

(note: those ain' t exact quotes yo!)

Things get canceled, plans change. If you can' t see that then you' re simply shortsighted.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 02, 2007 12:19

ORIGINAL: emofag

Wouldn' t you get more traffic by making up stories about big games that actually matter in the industry? Like make up a fake GTA interview or something?

Seriously, fake shenmue 3 articles is the wrong way to go about it.

It' s just as well we don' t go around banning people who get on the wrong side of fact and and insult us at the same time, just because we can...
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 02, 2007 12:38
There' s no need for a Shenmue 3. The story ended in Shenmue 1. All you have to do is beat Hang-On at the arcade:

Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 02, 2007 16:03
This wouldn' t be the first time something like this has happened. Hell I remember reading one magazine that reviewed a game that got canceled the following week.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 02, 2007 20:43

Adam - " VF5 headed for 360, revision C, smoother graphics"

Muppets - " Bullshit!!!"

Adam - " Just wait..."

VF5 gets announced for 360...

Adam - " See..."

Muppets - " Yeah well you also said Shenmue III was coming out and that didn' t happen!!!"

I remember that, lol.
ShiggsUnderground

• Total Posts : 6
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 03, 2007 00:18
Me too. Nitro hit it on the head, exactly.
fish_wacker

• Total Posts : 142
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 03, 2007 06:13
That was genuis!
Nitro

RE: Shenmue update - Aug 03, 2007 15:02
I' m deadly serious. This whole thing has been blown all out of proportion and taken so far out of context that it' s not even funny.

What i don' t get is how sites like IGN who scour GAF for news and end up
getting owned by a fake press release for Metal Gear: Triology on Xbox 360
get so much praise, and Kikizo who go the extra mile to bring you
exclusive content get dogged because of an article that simply gave insight as to
what was going on at Sega at that particular time. What do you want? For
Adam to accept money for positive reviews like other sites and report just
the mainstream shit that everybody else reports?

No, i think i like Kikizo just the way it is thanks.

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 03, 2007 15:24

It' s just as well we don' t go around banning people who get on the wrong side of fact and and insult us at the same time, just because we can...

I actually think Emofag were defending you on that one Adam, he was reasoning out that, it would be illogical to make something like that up, if you had to make something up, you could just make it about something many more people cared about!
Nitro

RE: Shenmue update - Aug 03, 2007 15:39

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

I actually think Emofag were defending you on that one Adam, he was reasoning out that, it would be illogical to make something like that up, if you had to make something up, you could just make it about something many more people cared about!

No, it was a lame attempt at an insult.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 03, 2007 15:46

No, it was a lame attempt at an insult.

Well my sarcasm detector is way off then!
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 73

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message