Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Shenmue update
Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 61 to 73 of 73
2ndopp

• Total Posts : 19
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 17, 2007 10:47
We will still continue our campaign for Shenmue III over at the Dojo. If we can get enough of a following, mabey it will generate enough buzz to at least make Shenmue III worth looking in to for Sega-sammy.

If not, at least we can be a pain in Sega' s a$$ for not giving us the game.

www.myspace.com/legendofShenmue
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 17, 2007 10:52
I can respect that mentality.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 17, 2007 11:27
What is it with you people and Shenmue? Fuck...the first two weren' t that great, and if ever they do make a third one it will be even less impressive.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Shenmue update - Aug 17, 2007 11:42
I rather liked 1.

2 was nothing to write home about, and most people know 3 isn' t on the horizon.
2ndopp

RE: Shenmue update - Aug 19, 2007 15:29
There are still alot of fans that loved the first two, and the games did recieve great reviews on almost all gamesites.

The recent news from Doree and the new article from IGN is generating a powerstorm of talk on Shenmue again. At Gamestats.com, Shenmue III [rumored] has jumped all the way up to rank #505 out of all 48,365 games ever released. Thats alot of buzz for a game that does not even exist.

Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 20, 2007 01:26

ORIGINAL: 2ndopp
Thats alot of buzz for a game that does not even exist.

Except it sort of does. :S
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Shenmue update - Aug 20, 2007 01:37
Y' know, talk about conflicting messages Adam.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 20, 2007 01:59
Sega should tell all the fans that if Sega' s games sell through the roof, they' ll make Shenmue 3. That' d make all the fans buy all the Sega games and they' ll force all their friends to do the same. And the whole Sega buz would spread like crazy so everyone buys Sega games.
What a way for Sega to make money, eh!
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Shenmue update - Aug 20, 2007 02:07
Mass suicide... Shenmue 3.... I' m weighing the pro' s & cons here.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 20, 2007 04:42
Either we' d get the game or we' d get these threads to end!
2ndopp

RE: Shenmue update - Aug 20, 2007 09:04
You mean the partially developed stuff from when Shenmue II was made right?

Hey Adam, how long do you think it will be before you can get another Yu interview? I' d love to get some advice directly from him on what we can do with the campaign to help. Like if Sega-Sammy would let him set up a donation system and let Shenmue be one of the first games funded by fans. Sounds a little crazy, but I know a movie production that did this, and was very well funded by the fans. The way they set it up was different donation amounts got your name in the credits under different titles: http://www.freethepirates.com/freepirates2.aspx Could you imagine the same Thing with Shenmue, but going further with mabey $1000 getting you an NPC in the game?

Is there any suggestions that you may have? Whats the best way to go about getting industry help? (IE, Getting game sites to announce and back the campaign, Or even more so, getting them to wear " I want Shenmue III" buttons at TGS)

Thanks, 2nd Opp
http://www.myspace.com/legendofshenmue

Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 20, 2007 09:17
which would be worse, Shenmue 3 on moblie phones or on the Wii?

Of course it would never to go the Wii, In order to do that they would have to port it over to the psp and then use that game and add some shovel ware wii ' enhancements' . alot of bother just to get waggle.
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 20 Aug 07 1:18:49 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Shenmue update - Aug 20, 2007 10:46

Is there any suggestions that you may have? Whats the best way to go about getting industry help? (IE, Getting game sites to announce and back the campaign, Or even more so, getting them to wear " I want Shenmue III" buttons at TGS)

Y' know. I absolutely couldn' t care less about Shenmue, but I like the idea of bugging the big guys to get stuff done.

Start raising money this year, and next year wear white shirts with big red lettering that say " I Want Shenmue III" in big bold letters. Get some local tee-shirt place to make them for you on the cheaps. Don' t bother with the big places like CafePress.

Get a bunch & pass them out to con-goers & tell them to wear them if they want the game.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 61 to 73 of 73

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread