Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Shenmue update
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 73
alimn

• Total Posts : 145
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 04, 2007 23:11
Thanks a lot to Mr.Adam Doree(KIKIZO) for this update.

It' s very good that Kikizo could give use another update after almost 2 years.
(& it' s good that they didn' t made a long story about it since it is not official yet)

So, for God' s sake please don' t say that they only care about
sad Shenmue or SEGA fans like me, if they are anti-Sony or anti-whatever!,
why they have not even talked about those four new SEGA games
from Nagoshi san?

KIKIZO is not a place just for true fans or fan boys,
so everyone can like this place.

Those people who are fan boys always think that the others are fan boys too!
for example:you like SONY and if I talk good about Nintendo you
will say that I' m a Nintendo fan boy!(while I am not)
another example:I have a 360 and I don' t have a PS3 yet,
but my friends call me a 360 fan boy(while I am not &
I should get a PS3 as soon as I can).

" Fanboyism is a virus which makes us blind"

BTW even if SEGA officially says that Shenmue 3 won' t come!
I can' t lose my hope since Shenmue is a part for my life!

I can' t give up.

Regards-Alimn
< Message edited by alimn -- 4 Aug 07 15:43:08 >
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 05, 2007 13:37
A little off topic , I finally placed an order for shenmue II ... Cant wait for it to get here .. U guys have really made me want to play this ..
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 05, 2007 13:56

A little off topic , I finally placed an order for shenmue II ... Cant wait for it to get here .. U guys have really made me want to play this

Which version you ordered? DC or Xbox?
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 05, 2007 17:24
Xbox .. Are the two versions different ?
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 05, 2007 20:32
Nah.
And you get the shenm1 movie that shows someone play through shenmue 1,
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 05, 2007 21:51
I could rant for hours about how Shenmue III isn' t going to be a reality, but frankly my dears, I don' t give a damn. I can name 5 good Sega franchises I' d rather see ressurected before Shenmue. Would it have been cool? Yeah. Should people be getting on Adam' s case about it? Absolutely not. Kikizo has gone above & beyond as far as exclusives go. That' s the last place I' d start my list of complaints.

Billy, the fact that 2 new users signed up out of the blue, just to tell you that you were out of order.... does that say anything to you?

You have the striking ability to belittle the success of others while making next to no claims of your success in the area. You, so far as anybody here knows, have no professional background in the industry and as a rule, never provide alternative ideas to those you constantly lambast.

You may be well spoken, but your eloquent mannerisms don' t fool me for a second. Your ignorance far supercedes that of half of the people on this board, and what is worse, you fail to admit that you in fact may be at fault. You' ve been provided with evidence to suggest that you might be wrong, as fantastic and unlikely as that sounds to you. Yet you still cling to the desperate lifeline that is verbal jibes and taunts.

I' m beyond exasperated with you. Don' t bother posting the cool & calculated rebuttal that is most likely zipping around in your head, looking for an exit, because it will only give me the satisfaction of knowing that you rely on petty arguments to thrive in a community (a suspicion I' ve had for months). By the way, I' ve now blocked you, so it' s not like I' d be responding if I wanted to.

All your base are belong to Eddie,

-Eddie_the_Hated
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 05, 2007 22:25
Nice post Eddie :)
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 06, 2007 05:18

Xbox .. Are the two versions different ?

Well, it' s more a matter of preference.

The DC-version in Europe has Japanese language with English subtitles. I (and many others) consider the Japanese voice work to be much better than the English one. While others don' t really care about this and prefer to have the familiarity of the English language above " weird" Japanese.

The Xbox version has less lag in some crowded area' s. But some signs in the city are removed here and there compared to the DC one. There' s also some glitch with some light or whatever on the Xbox from what I saw before. Nothing big or so.
The Xbox version also has some kind of blur effect sometimes. Again, some like it and some don' t. The water in the Xbox version is also different and has more of a " modern" look of water in games. Some claim the QTE' s and fighting isn' t as responsive in the Xbox version but I don' t know for myself. I assume it' s nitpicking or a VERY small difference.

Overall, as I said, it' s more a matter of preference. I myself prefer the DC version but ultimately it' s not like the game experience will change THAT much. If one version is more easily accessible then go for that one :P Oh, and the DC version allows one to transfer stuff from the first game to the second, including martial arts skills.
James_N

• Total Posts : 55
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 06, 2007 07:14
I found the Xbox' s d-pad a bit of a hassle in some QTE, especially the ones crossing the wooden planks.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 06, 2007 07:22
Had the same problem there,the d-pad on the xbox is crappy.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 06, 2007 07:56
Wasn' t the American version of Shenmue II for the XBox marked with " Only onr XBox" ?
< Message edited by dionysius -- 5 Aug 07 23:57:37 >
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 06, 2007 07:59
Yes, it was. Shenmue 2 was only released in Europe/Japan on Dreamcast
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 06, 2007 08:00
Then shouldn' t it say " Only on XBox unless you import it from another continent, like Europe or Japan"

or

" Almost only on XBox" ?
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 06, 2007 11:55

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

All your base are belong to Eddie,

-Eddie_the_Hated

Hahaha! Nice!

You know, I' ve had Shenmue II for a couple of years now, and STILL haven' t touched it! Maybe one day, after I' ve played all the OTHER games I haven' t touched yet, such as Lost Planet, Rainbow Six Vegas, Resistance: FOM, Final Fantasy XII, Guitar Hero 2, Doom 3, Kameo, NFS: Most Wanted, Command and Conquer 3, or N3.

Or the games that I' ve barely touched, such as Saints Row, Shadow of the Colossus, ... eh, you get the picture!
James_N

• Total Posts : 55
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 06, 2007 12:50
Try it between games, Shenmue' s save system lets you save and pick up in the exact spot and time. So no having to re-do things or worry about running around trying to find your place.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 06, 2007 13:52
ORIGINAL: emofag

" Wouldn' t you get more traffic by making up stories about big games that actually matter in the industry? Like make up a fake GTA interview or something?

Seriously, fake shenmue 3 articles is the wrong way to go about it."

" It' s just as well we don' t go around banning people who get on the wrong side of fact and and insult us at the same time, just because we can...

lol Well I thought it was funny.

uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 09, 2007 01:03
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/811/811423p1.aspx

Just thought i' d give a link to a shenmue article on ign, it' s nothing new if your a fan, but fun to read none the less oh and some speculation about shenmue 3, funny this article coming out now, huh?
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 09, 2007 08:28
Yeah it' s kind of weird. With Adam' s new information just recently. And then there was some (most certainly) fake Korean list with games to be announced by Sega which named a Shenmue I & II bundle and Shenmue III. And now this...strange. But nice to see it featured.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 09, 2007 08:49
Yeah, it' s like whenever Kikizo writes something about Shenmue the internet goes bananas. Funny.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Shenmue update - Aug 09, 2007 09:41
It' s true! Adam owns Shenmue. He rules all of the Shenmue followers. When he speaks, Shenmue fans go apeshit.
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 73

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message