Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nintendo Wii a Piece of S***
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 8 of 12, messages 141 to 160 of 231
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 11, 2007 10:02

ORIGINAL: Nitro
Developers right now are porting from PS2 and rushing games to take advantage of a lack of competition. Later this year there will be nicer looking games and even better ones next year. The problem for many right now isn' t that the games don' t look good, it' s that there' s arguably only one good game and that was developed for Gamecube in and ported to Wii. Nintendo don' t need the games right now because demand outweighs supply, but once it evens out they' ll be desperate for them.

And this is where the problem lies with the Wii at the moment, there is nothing " Exclusive" (as in written specifically) for the Wii, it is ports of old stuff and these are not pushing the Wii.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 11, 2007 10:07

Nintendo is the most cowardly company in the entire industry.

What! Nintendo had the balls to do something completely different!! Both the DS and the Wii were a huge risk that not many companies would have taken!
Duffman

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 11, 2007 10:14

Go back and play Chaos Theory, Black, Ninja Gaiden, Strangers Wrath and Dead or Alive Ultimate on Xbox, REmake, Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime 2 Echoes and Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike on Gamecube, and Gran Turismo 4, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, God of War II (when released), Tekken 5, Soul Calibur 3 and Devil May Cry 3 on PS2.

Then remember that Wii can produce better looking games than any of the previous generation of consoles.

If that' s not enough then you' re a graphics whore.

We all like our games to look nice but you can hardly complain that Wii can' t do Gears of War or Virtua Fighter 5 because you' re not paying a lot for the console.

EXACTLY!! Great post Nitro!!
< Message edited by Duffman -- 11 Mar 07 2:15:27 >
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 11, 2007 11:40
Wii is complete shit.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 11, 2007 11:55

Go back and play Chaos Theory, Black, Ninja Gaiden, Strangers Wrath and Dead or Alive Ultimate on Xbox, REmake, Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime 2 Echoes and Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike on Gamecube, and Gran Turismo 4, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, God of War II (when released), Tekken 5, Soul Calibur 3 and Devil May Cry 3 on PS2.

Then remember that Wii can produce better looking games than any of the previous generation of consoles.

If that' s not enough then you' re a graphics whore.

We all like our games to look nice but you can hardly complain that Wii can' t do Gears of War or Virtua Fighter 5 because you' re not paying a lot for the console.

Developers right now are porting from PS2 and rushing games to take advantage of a lack of competition. Later this year there will be nicer looking games and even better ones next year. The problem for many right now isn' t that the games don' t look good, it' s that there' s arguably only one good game and that was developed for Gamecube in and ported to Wii. Nintendo don' t need the games right now because demand outweighs supply, but once it evens out they' ll be desperate for them.

I played most of those games and they were great three years ago, but saying that wii can best those isn' t saying much considering that were' re in the year 2007. I didn' t buy a 360 and I don' t want to invest hundreds into a new console to play games at least as good as games for systems I already own. When I spend this much money I fully expect games that blow my mind. Playing the same games with a new controller isn' t enough. Aside from that you mentioned games that are mostly multiplatform or on another console entirely. I think Metroid is the only franchise you mentioned that will be exclusive on Wii, and I don' t even like Metroid games. Wii will never have anything half as compelling as Mass Effect, that game alone destroys the Nintendo Gimp. Saying that Wii is better then it' s predecessor is a very weak argument, of course it is. You say that Nintendo Gimp offers more gaming potential than 360 or PS3 due to the controller which is the real argument here and where I respectfully disagree with you.

I know you understand better then most here how the PS3 and 360 performs and how it ass rapes Gimp. I also know that you' re not interested in Gimp due to the controller but mainly due to the fact that it' s a Nintendo console and you want the latest Nintendo games. If it was MS that made something like Wii and Nintendo that made something like the 360, would you still side with the gimp console? Fuck no, you' d want to play Nintendo games on your favorite platform with the superior hardware, and no one would be arguing with you. Everyone would laugh at MS, it would be their last console if they pulled something like that.

If the Wii had any games that looked decent I wouldn' t be so hard on it, but it has nothing. I can' t find one interesting game for it that has been announced besides Nintendo games and stripped down ports. Don' t give me this tired argument of how great Nintendo games are. That' s completely irrelevant to your counter-argument. Keep in mind that I have nothing against Nintendo games, and I never brought up the kiddy card. My arguments are strictly agains the Gimp. With this in mind, you have to remember that regardless of what Nintendo does, they make their money because games published by Nintendo are so popular. Regardless of what sort of hardware Nintendo puts out their own games are a sure thing. Nintendo games are a constant, so they' re not even valid as a variable in the case for or against Wii.

So to to reiterate this isn' t a case of Nintendo Vs. MS/Sony, but of the hardware itself. I highly suspect that Wii will be popular to the hardcore gamers due to the Nintendo branding, for the new gamer which Gimp seems to be attracting it is largely an issue of price and the Wiimote. Majik, in your case I have no doubt wii only interests you due to the Nintendo name. Even if the Wiimote is compelling and it is, I seriously doubt you' d be arguing with me if MS made Wii and Nintendo made something like 360. You' d still be with the Nintendo console, and so would I.

Moving on to the more interesting part of my argument. You expressed that Wii will support more gameplay possibilities than PS3/360 which of course I can' t agree with. We already know what difference PS3/360 can make over PS2/Xbox. Nothing so far has been annouonced for Wii that gives me your point of view.

So I have to ask, what kind of games will bring these so called new gaming experiences on Wii that overshadows it' s shortcomings. You have an interest in game creation, so I challenge you to outline a game possible on Wii that has amazing gameplay due to the controller. Anything at all, that would leave most people forgetting about the PS3 and 360.

< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 11 Mar 07 4:01:05 >
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 11, 2007 12:31
...lol this thread is hilarious....

Havent people learnt anything from the DS / PSP situation?.

...i learnt that handhelds suck ass*

Aslo, Mr Hecker seems to have back tracked on himself and apologises .
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3157914

..yeah, well, it just wouldn' t be good forum etiquette to totally love everything nintendo release, would it? (even if it' s brown and rather smelly...)

Gimp, lol, good one .....

Seriously, i think people should just relax and give the wii wii a break... ...it is what it is... ..if you don' t like the sucky Psone graphics or it' s gehy marketing, get a 360/PS3/PC instead....

.....*actually that' s a lie.. ...I' ve know it since the first time i played a gameadvanceporablethingy...
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 11 Mar 07 4:35:44 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 11, 2007 13:12
I can' t figure out why people brings Nintendo DS in this argument they went from having 95% of the markethare to 60% (not sure on exact number) with Nintendo DS. The handheld market is something the always dominated, if anything they slipped with the DS.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 11, 2007 22:07

I can' t figure out why people brings Nintendo DS in this argument they went from having 95% of the markethare to 60% (not sure on exact number) with Nintendo DS. The handheld market is something the always dominated, if anything they slipped with the DS.

Well, they lost marketshare of the handheld market because of Sony' s PSP. But thanks to the DS they managed to expand the gaming population in the handheld market, mainly by making girls interested, so in the end the DS is truly a winning concept for Nintendo.
And what if Nintendo would' ve made the GBA2 to go against the PSP? I think Nintendo would' ve been screwed then.
Regardless of how well the Wii will do against the 360 and PS3, the DS was definitely a good choice for Nintendo.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 11 Mar 07 14:07:33 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 11, 2007 23:01
I' d hate to see Nintendo today without the Success of the Ds. Thankfully they can survive a few more console generations if all their Home consoles go Gamecube.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 11, 2007 23:18
Ghost is right. My primary interest in Wii is Nintendo developed franchises. After what happened to SEGA i guess i don' t want to see Nintendo screw themselves into the ground and go 3rd party.

f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 12, 2007 00:30

Your in the massive minority then.
f3hunter

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 12, 2007 00:36

I can' t figure out why people brings Nintendo DS in this argument

Its proof that you dont have to play the ' hardware' game to compete. Wii' s not playing that game and it' s doing really well even without a huge line-up of games, people are buying wii' s for the games stiff upper lipped 360 / PS3 fanboys try to rule out. IE Wii sports , Wario Ware ETC.

< Message edited by f3hunter -- 11 Mar 07 16:37:47 >
Duffman

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 12, 2007 02:06
Did anybody watch the No More Heros trailer from GDC? The game looks awesome!

WATCH IT!!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 12, 2007 03:42

Crippled to who? Texture whores??? If anything feels crippled its trying to navagate through menu' s ECT on a normal pad now im used to using the wiimote.
But I' d always take a mouse/keyboard or dual-analog when playing shooters. The ' mote setup nice, but it' s far from perfect.

Yeah, I did see the No More Heroes stuff, & it looks amazing, but the problem is that it' s all pretty far off, there' s not much in the way of amazing titles right now, and while we' re promised good games in the horizon, we' re stuck replaying Twilight Princess & shoddy N64 emulation. There' s something very flawed in that plan.
f3hunter

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 12, 2007 05:45

But I' d always take a mouse/keyboard or dual-analog

Why jump to Shooters?? when when i used going through menus ECT.

Why are you pairing Dual A with M&K?? It' s Wimote & M&K that should be paired.

BTW, Wiimote and FPS has not even been realised yet, Way to early to count it off (just like this thread trying to count a console off thats only been out for 4/5 months).

Metriod should slap alot of people in the face. Even from a early playtest of the lastest build, its said to be way beter than any Dual A setup ever can be.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 12, 2007 06:16

RE

Your in the massive minority then.

Thats true, many people own handhelds.... its just they never play them. I got my DS the second day it came out and i played Mario 64 for about 2 months and didnt play it again till NSMB, then havnt played it but like 5 times since then

I can' t figure out why people brings Nintendo DS in this argument

RE

Its proof that you dont have to play the ' hardware' game to compete. Wii' s not playing that game and it' s doing really well even without a huge line-up of games, people are buying wii' s for the games stiff upper lipped 360 / PS3 fanboys try to rule out. IE Wii sports , Wario Ware ETC.

Throwing DS in a Wii argument doesnt prove anything. It proves that they have no life and want to compare a handheld that came out in 04 to a console that came out in 06. And Frii Sports is Garbage, if it wasnt free do you really think anyone in their right mind would buy it? Wario Ware is decent for a while, but then it just starts to get boring.

Why jump to Shooters?? when when i used going through menus ECT.

Why are you pairing Dual A with M&K?? It' s Wimote & M&K that should be paired.

BTW, Wiimote and FPS has not even been realised yet, Way to early to count it off (just like this thread trying to count a console off thats only been out for 4/5 months).

Metriod should slap alot of people in the face. Even from a early playtest of the lastest build, its said to be way beter than any Dual A setup ever can be.

*Im just going to assume on most of this statement since your English was rather slurred through it*

Comparing a Wiimote to M&K would be a joke.

Using a Wiimote for a FPS would be terrible. If they thought it would be worth playing, then they would have had one by now. Although i do think it would be pretty cool if they had a gun for a controller like at arcades . And people are counting out the wii because its not going to have more than 5 superb games throughout its life time and the next good game is gonna be Mario galaxy which is coming out when?

I could care less about Metroid. I personally think its sucked since they put it on GC. Id rather play the old metroids for SNES anyday.
M B

• Total Posts : 202
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 12, 2007 06:23
You aren' t in the massive minority if you don' t play handhelds.... It just means you' re older than 15.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 12, 2007 06:28

You aren' t in the massive minority if you don' t play handhelds.... It just means you' re older than 15.

lmao
f3hunter

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 12, 2007 07:09
(ignoring mastas blantantly anti F3hunter post)

15 year old

HAHA.

Be it Kids or Adults..

Handheld gaming is mighty fine if you find the right game.

Me and 4 freinds have Band Brothers on order. Cant wait to test this out.

M B

• Total Posts : 202
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 12, 2007 07:17
I' m sure you' ll have loads of fun on the bus ride to school.
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 8 of 12, messages 141 to 160 of 231

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll