Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nintendo Wii a Piece of S***
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 5 of 12, messages 81 to 100 of 231
T1KARMANN

• Total Posts : 12
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 22:29

Show a bit of respect to the established members on this forum, you are coming across as an ignorant child, please show some maturity read what people are saying and stop with the assinine arguements that do not prove or disprove the thread title

what happened to welcoming new members not calling them morons or digging at them from day 1

i will show respect when respect is shown to me

sony and MS have other ways of bringing in cash other than the games market if sony or MS lose the console war they will live on

if nintendo lose a console war they will end up like sega

< Message edited by T1KARMANN -- 9 Mar 07 14:44:28 >
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 22:41
God you sound like a spoilt child, respect on forums is earned not given out, and at the moment your not going to earn much respect by being disrespectful to the more established members. Now stop crying and get back to the topic.

I can' t see Nintendo investing the money that M$ and Pony have, I don' t think they dare risk it. But yes Mario or Metroid with Next gen HD graphics would be nice to see.
T1KARMANN

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 22:54
im not looking for respect or giving it

i have my opinions like others and thought this was a place to talk about consoles not a place to throw personal insults at new members from day 1

but hey if thats the way things are hear no problem if certain members have their lemmings who go with everything they say thats cool with me

my 1st post stated i feel the WII and nintendo are aimed at a diffrent market than PS or MS (my opinion) nintendo are not trying to take on the big boys they seam happy with the market they have and have the DS as a fall back
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 23:02

ORIGINAL: T1KARMANN

my 1st post stated i feel the WII and nintendo are aimed at a diffrent market than PS or MS (my opinion) nintendo are not trying to take on the big boys they seam happy with the market they have and have the DS as a fall back

Yeah, well like i said you don' t know what you' re talking about.

Read THIS to see why Nintendo changed Twilight Princess to appeal to a western audience and more mature gamers who want complex and more realistic games.

Oh no, your argument about them aiming their console and games at youngsters just collapsed!!!
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 23:36

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Wii will not be as successful as DS. Japan is nowhere near as important in the home console market as it once was and the console isn' t geared towards western gamers. The mainstream [casual] audience, where the money is - are technology driven. High definition, downloadable content and online gaming will be the biggest driving forces this generation, ...not motion control.

I look at the numbers now and IMO they tell a different story. The 360 provided all that HD, downloadable content, online gaming and with a year head start and yet it took them 12 months to reach over 10 million. Thats considering it had no HD capable competition around for the majority of that time (and yet the ps2 still gave the 360 a run for its money) and the 360 can be had for as little as US$300, only $50 more then non HD Wii. Also consider that massive hit games like GoW (and others) have also been introduced, and it still required a full year plus 2 Christmas' to reach 10 million sold.
The Wii on the other hand is a different story. No HD, no online gaming, crappy ps2 ports a supposed games drought and the only good games being a tech demo and a GC port, and yet its going to hit 6 million Wiis by the end of March (around 5 months), and they are still having a hard time getting enough stock on shelves.
Even with the introduction of the technological marvel that is the ps3, backed by the biggest name in gaming today still has taken a backseat to the little console that could (the Wii)
How can you look at those facts and still believe the casual gamers want that? Hardcore gamers - absolutely 360 and ps3 are perfect. But casual, i think the Wii at the moment seems to be what they are looking for.

The Wiimote is awesome, but Nintendo' s decision to go against the grain will ultimately lead to failure as the console will ages very quickly.

The ps2 still can outsell the 360. Its over 6 years old and way past its prime but it still has fight left in it. Yes the Wii will age quicker then the 360 or ps3 but looking at the ps2 as an example and the uniqueness of the Wiimote, the Wii does have the potential to last the distance.

Nintendo' s decision to try to appeal to non-gamers is extremely flawed, and they' ll have a much harder time selling a games console to people who have not traditionally bought them than selling to gamers.

You know better then most that Nintendo had no choice. They failed in both attempts at tackling sony head on (N64 and GC), they had no alternative to but to carve there own market. Nintendo could not win had they attempted to fight a graphics war. Secondly if they tried HD graphics AND motion sensing it would have also failed, the console would have been too expensive for mainstream (US$400+) and developers would not be so keen to add the extra development resources getting to grips with motion sensing and making HD graphics. Most developers abandoned Nintendo after GC so not to many would be keen to jump on board.

Like you said it is all about the games, and unfortunately there have been slim picking for a while. It sucks, the fact that Nintendo has had a strong start yet failed to consolidate with awesome software is the only problem i see with the Wii at the moment, that and weak third party support. That however can still change. I can' t speak for the future, the Wii still can fail, i realize that. But at the moment its still doing extremely well, and when the good games start flowing in then we can properly judge how much future the Wii has in it.
< Message edited by Terrak -- 9 Mar 07 15:51:10 >
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 23:53
LOL, Hecker has retracted his statement!

LINK
< Message edited by Duffman -- 9 Mar 07 15:53:47 >
alijay034

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 23:53
You cannot compare sales figures over different periods, if you have the sales figures for 360 at 5months and Wii at 5 months then you get an accurate view as to short term success, however short term a company is not successful it is over the longer term and this is where it needs to be watched, in the long term, people will tire of the lack of killer apps and games being held back on the Wii and this will cost them, also as and wehn M$ and Pony drop their prices then Nintendo will suffer, until then yes Nintendo will look like a market leader.

Well Hecker has just lost all credibility then, surely if you make a comment and give a reason for it you should stand by them not turn tail because you were told to do so.
< Message edited by alijay034 -- 9 Mar 07 15:56:21 >
T1KARMANN

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 23:57

Yeah, well like i said you don' t know what you' re talking about.

Read THIS to see why Nintendo changed Twilight Princess to appeal to a western audience and more mature gamers who want complex and more realistic games.

Oh no, your argument about them aiming their console and games at youngsters just collapsed!!!

you right what ever you say is right no one esles opinion counts

you spend more time than me doing console resurch

sorry i even joined this forum and had an opinion you know best all hail the great nitro

you know the market better than anyone

your an asset to this forum how would it survive without you

i have been made so welcome hear

keep it
Nitro

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 10, 2007 00:08
I' m sorry but Wii' s western sales figures so far are closer to Gamecubes than anything else. Only strong sales in Japan set it apart.
Terrak

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 10, 2007 00:22

ORIGINAL: alijay034

You cannot compare sales figures over different periods, if you have the sales figures for 360 at 5months and Wii at 5 months then you get an accurate view as to short term success, however short term a company is not successful it is over the longer term and this is where it needs to be watched, in the long term, people will tire of the lack of killer apps and games being held back on the Wii and this will cost them, also as and wehn M$ and Pony drop their prices then Nintendo will suffer, until then yes Nintendo will look like a market leader.

Well Hecker has just lost all credibility then, surely if you make a comment and give a reason for it you should stand by them not turn tail because you were told to do so.

Why not Alijay034? Why can we not compare. The Wii was the LAST console out this generation. That means it was competing against the ps3 and the already established 360 which already has a Killer App in GoW. And yet it the Wii has sold almost 6million in 5 months WITH 2 COMPETITORS. Thats around 1.2 million WW a month, and Nintendo still has (at the moment) a hard time keeping up with demand. The 360 for over 10 months had NO competition, still took over 12 months to get over 10 million. That includes 2 big spending holiday seasons. Thats around 833,000 consoles a month WW. Consider that the Wii has crappy ps2 ports, a tech demo and GC port as its game assortment with no online and no HD graphics, compared to the 360, which had 1 year head start with no competition, massive assortment of games, HD graphics, high end online service, downloadable content, and with all that the 360 still could not match the Wii' s phenomenal level of success. I know this doesn' t guarantee the Wii' s future. But you can' t deny the Wii is kicking ass at the moment with next to nothing really good going for it. What will happen when the big Nintendo titles hit, and possible quality third party titles?!

BTW Nintendo is profiting of the Wii, so they too can drop the price to US$200 or less.
Nitro

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 10, 2007 00:28
I' m sorry but Wii' s western sales figures so far are closer to Gamecubes than anything else. Only strong sales in Japan set it apart.

PS3 still isn' t out in Europe and Microsoft faced severe shortages.
alijay034

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 10, 2007 00:28
Hold on Terrak, you are taking figures out of context, how many 360' s did M$ sell in the first 5 months? Then compare that to the Wii' s figures in the same period. When the Wii has been around for a year compare the yearly figures and then see, s\aying that the 360 had a year over the Wii does not come into the equation, you compare figures over the same periods, so it will be sales in the first 3 months, 6 months etc, not the Wii' s first 5 months against the 360 full year, Sales will drop off after the initial launch campaign, you have the supply issues to take into consideration, compare over the same time frames.
Nitro

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 10, 2007 00:41
Wii is performing better in the US than 360 did during the same period but that' s because Microsoft had shortages and fewer units ready for launch.

However, Wii is performing very closely to how Gamecube performed in it' s first 3 months and we all know what happened to Gamecube in the end.

Thus the argument that Wii is selling amazingly well carries no weight. We have to wait at least 12 months and see how a 360 pricedrop and release of GTA IV/Halo 3 affects things.
Terrak

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 10, 2007 00:53
You can' t tell me that the 360 sold 6 million in 5 months (did it?) If it did sell 6 million in 5 months then either sales died completely in the next 8-9 months (before christmas)or it would have reached 10 million much sooner (9-10 months after launch). No its safe to say the 360 did not reach 6 million in its first 5 months.

Secondly the 360 had the advantage as it had no Competition for its first 5 months were as the Wii has 2 competitors. No matter how you put it the Wiis sales have been amazing all things considered.

Also the Wii is still experiencing supply issues.

Nitro if Australia is considered part of Europe then Wii is doing worlds better then the GC. THe GC pretty much died after launch here. No department store or electronic store sold the GC or its games after 6 months. Only games retailers (like EB)ever had anything GC related. It was very depressing. The Wii on the other hand is almost everywhere, & it even beat out (just) the launch sales record set by the 360.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 10, 2007 02:13
Wii' s Cool..

Nintendo are cool..

No worries whatsoever.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 10, 2007 03:24

In a major case of " Oh, no he didn’t!" , Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime slammed Sony big man Phil Harrison in front of a large crowd, including Harrison himself at Miyamoto’s keynote speech at GDC.

While mingling with fans, one Nintendo loyal hollered from rows above to " kick his ass and take his name!" When Reggie asked whose name he needed to take, the fan singled out Harrison, also sitting on the front row.

The Regginator, without pausing, simply responded with, " Some would say we’ve already done that."

Oh, sh*t! Oh, No he didn’t!

Oh, yes he did! ROFL! OMG! LOL!

Reports say that Harrison took it like a man.

SNAP!!!!!!!!!
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 10, 2007 03:25
On lookers later revealed that after Reggie' s slam of Harrison, he them pulled out a Nintendo Wiimote Nunchuck and went Kung Fu on Harrison' s ass!!!!!
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 10, 2007 03:53

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Wii is performing better in the US than 360 did during the same period but that' s because Microsoft had shortages and fewer units ready for launch.

However, Wii is performing very closely to how Gamecube performed in it' s first 3 months and we all know what happened to Gamecube in the end.

That doesn' t change that fact that right now it' s selling really well.
Right now, not next year' s best guess based on gamecube sales.
There' s a lot of differences between the GC launch and the Wii launch, and you have to admit, the Wii has a better chance at success than the GC ever had.
Nitro

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 10, 2007 04:28
Not without major 3rd party support.

You did read the entire thread through and see Wii' s Q2 lineup didn' t you?
Nitro

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 10, 2007 04:42
Oh look, more on Nintendo' s changing attitude to mature games, ...this time from Capcom' s Kenji Inafune...

Inafune said all the next-generation systems will all see their share of mature projects, and that Nintendo' s new attitude as of late, different from the one exuded throughout much of GameCube' s lifespan, allows a better opportunity to develop mature games on Wii - Resident Evil 4 being a notable example.

Which is exactly what they need.

LINK
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 5 of 12, messages 81 to 100 of 231

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll