Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nintendo Wii a Piece of S***
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 2 of 12, messages 21 to 40 of 231
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 08, 2007 19:41

ORIGINAL: alijay034

I feel a lot of parents who are not up with Gaming knowledge will go for it for little Jimmy as it would seem the price is low compared to the 360 and the PS3 at the moment.

Didn' t help the Gamecube or Dreamcast.

Fortunately for Nintendo supply hasn' t met demand yet, ...but when it does i can' t see Wii selling the numbers each month Nintendo needs to be seriously competitive.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 08, 2007 19:49
Nintendo really needs the games, and thats it, I could handle the lack of powerful hardware, but for a system to only get 2-3 must have games a year seems fairly weak. The next must-have is coming in Winter 07. Thats a long wait.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 08, 2007 22:25
I love all of the classic Nintendo franchises, but there comes a time when they have to admit to themselves that they can' t live on Mario and the likes alone.

Nintendo have to realize that they need to produce a console that 3rd party developers will develop for. I agree that we have to salute them for what they have done with the Wii, but come on, how many people here would like to see Mario Galaxy and Metroid on a Nintendo system that is just as powerful as a PS3 or 360? I would.

I will probably end up getting a Wii, just because the innovation of the Wiimote interests me, but I won' t pay $250CDN for one. I will wait until they drop the price, because I for one do not believe that it is worth paying $250CDN.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 08, 2007 23:36
It could' ve been the DS all over again.
But without games... meh
Nitro

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 00:25
Umbrella Chronicles could fix this for a while.

But like i already said, what we have is exactly the same situation we had with Gamecube where people are waiting for Nintendo' s [own] biggest games and the big guaranteed-hit exclusives from companies like Capcom.

Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 00:47

A lot of people will get defensive and attack the Wii...because to put it most plainly...they are graphics whores...this Hecker guy sounds exactly like that

Yep I have to agree.

Its not the hadware thats pisses me off its the lack of quality games at the moment and the fact that we have to wait untill winter to get games like Mario Galaxy and Prime 3.
I said it before and I will say it again, no game so far has showed what the Wii is capable of in terms graphics! Some people think Zelda is the height of what the Wii can do in terms of graphics which is bullshit! Prime 3 should show the true potential of the console.

So far though the Wii really has been disappointing, after Zelda there is nothing really worth getting at all. Its going to be a long wait untill Mario Galaxy and Prime 3...

f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 01:01

It could' ve been the DS all over again.
But without games... meh

??

This time into the DS people was thinking that it would do average too. Ill ateast wait till Next year.

Most major Developers have a Wii Dev kit and Nintendo want as many as these to try and produce games of all styles and New styles too.

Wii will show the difference between the ' Good' , ' bad' and Great developers.

April 9 Super Paper Mario - Nintendo
April Prince of Persia Rival Swords - Ubisoft
April Bust-A-Move Bash - Majesco
April Bioncle Heroes - Eidos
May 15 Mortal Kombat: Armageddon - Midway
May 29 Mario Party 8 - Nintendo
May Tamagotchi Party On - Namco Bandai
May Disney' s Pirates of the Caribbean: World' s End - Disney
May Escape from Bug Island - Eidos
May Spider-Man The Movie 3 - Activision
June 11 Big Brain Academy - Nintendo
June 25 Pokemon Battle Revolution - Nintendo
June Cosmic Family - Ubisoft
June Spring Heatseeker - Codemasters
Summer Legend of the Dragon American - Game Factory
Summer Shrek the Third - Activision
Summer Transformers the Game - Activision

As much as i hate to say it, Wii is screwed.

Lol until the summer only?? lol

Wii' s cool as it ever is..

Also people complaining about Wii' s power are just Graphics whores.. Power does not mean fuck all to me, its what u do with it.. IVe owned a 360 and have not been overwhelmed by any of its games.

Infact ive just seen Paper mario and that has been one of the most visually impressive game ive seen seen as late (and so are the ideas)..

Heck and Co can go STFU untill they can create something anywhere near as polished as that.
< Message edited by f3hunter -- 8 Mar 07 17:11:05 >
ginjirou

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 01:40
Well, I still have my hopes up for the Wii.
I always prefer gameplay over graphics so I' m not a graphics whore but I should say that good graphics are never a bad thing. The Wii is good, but a powerful Wii would' ve been even cooler!
By skipping the powerful graphics they simply didn' t care about hardcore gamers who want it all: Graphics AND gameplay.
Of course, hardcore gamers can still enjoy the Wii but it' s clear that Nintendo' s focus is not on them.

< Message edited by ginjirou -- 8 Mar 07 17:40:53 >
T1KARMANN

• Total Posts : 12
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 02:09
The one thing everyone is forgeting hear is the WII is aimed at the younger game players who are in the 3-12yr old age group so nintendo have made a cheap fun to play console for the kids to play when the big boys/adult play their ps3/360

nintendo are smart let sony and MS fight it out for the top slot they are happy with the kids market
Nitro

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 03:05

ORIGINAL: T1KARMANN

The one thing everyone is forgeting hear is the WII is aimed at the younger game players who are in the 3-12yr old age group so nintendo have made a cheap fun to play console for the kids to play when the big boys/adult play their ps3/360

nintendo are smart let sony and MS fight it out for the top slot they are happy with the kids market

Um, ...no. Go back outside and let the neighborhood bullies beat you up some more eh...

Lol until the summer only?? lol

Well until and including the summer yeah. Their 2nd quarter should be full of good titles and it isn' t.

Wii isn' t even in the ' impulse buy' price bracket and so it' s going to rely on software to carry it just like any other console.

What Nintendo are doing is waiting until Microsoft and Sony' s bigger games are hitting to release their own. Alan Wake, Halo 3 and GTA IV will go head to head with Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 when in reality they really need those games now. Well, actually no they don' t because supply hasn' t met demand yet and so sales are guaranteed even without more software, ...but June/July would have been perfect for them as they could have banked on hype generated at E3 and entered late August/early September on a high instead of a slump.

I also believe that as cool as Galaxy is it' ll get overshadowed by the new Ratchet and new Banjoe games.
Duffman

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 03:12

I also believe that as cool as Galaxy is it' ll get overshadowed by the new Ratchet and new Banjoe games.

Are you serious Nitro??
T1KARMANN

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 03:18
unless you are in the 3-12yr age group i can see why people dont like the WII

nintendo has always been about the cartoon style style look to their games and as far as i can work out you dont need a big powerfel console that csts top dollar

for the price nintendo put their console on the market for parants dont mind buying it for the kids

Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 03:21
Metroid 3 dosent show off the wii' s power if it looks partically the same as mp1 + 2.

Resident evil 4 was nice on the gamecube at the time, I might be impressed at how they get it, but I dont think I' ll be blown away by any wii game [graphics] in the next 5 years
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 03:24
Who the hell said that the Wii is for kids 3-12 years old???

So you are saying, in your infinite stupidity, that millions of 3-12 year olds have gone out, gotten good paying jobs, and have bought all of the Nintendo Wii' s???

I don' t post here as much as most people here, nor do I pretend to have the knowledge of what is inside a console, but I know better than to come in here spewing shit.

The Wii has great potential, and I agree with what others have said that it is up to Nintendo to get the 3rd party devs on board, and not rely on Nintendo dev games all of the time.
ginjirou

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 03:36

Metroid 3 dosent show off the wii' s power if it looks partically the same as mp1 + 2.

Well, according to a preview that we linked to in one of the threads, Metroid Prime 3 looks much, much, much better than the first two games. Yay!

I don' t agree with the statement that Nintendo games or consoles would be for children. But I' m not going to argue with it because someone with such an opinion must be so close minded and shallow that it would be completely impossible to have a decent conversation about it.

Honestly, I don' t care if games doesn' t look any better than Twilight Princess or Resident Evil 4 from a technical point of view because I seriously think both those games are much nicer to look at than Gears of war or any other next-gen game out there. I still think many SNES games look better than most next-gen games so when it comes to the visual beauty I say fuck powerful hardware.

What I don' t like missing with the Wii is advanced calculations like advanced physics and such. Those things can add a lot to the gameplay.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 8 Mar 07 19:41:20 >
Duffman

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 03:38

Here is the thread that Ginjirou is talking about:

LINK

Here is a quote from the article that Nitro posted:

The graphics looked amazing -- better than Halo 2 on the Xbox without a doubt -- and the levels showed off sparkling details, proving the Wii is far more powerful than the Gamecube.

Silent you are judging the visuals on months old vids of the game.

Resident evil 4 was nice on the gamecube at the time, I might be impressed at how they get it, but I dont think I' ll be blown away by any wii game [graphics] in the next 5 years

I' m not talking about being blown away by the visuals!! I' m just saying that we HAVE NOT seen the true graphical capabilities of the Wii, thats all.
< Message edited by Duffman -- 8 Mar 07 19:41:12 >
T1KARMANN

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 03:46
your right the kids dont have jobs or money but their parants do the people who brought the WII for them at xmas

are you telling me that games like smooth moves an monkey ball are for kids older than 12

how many kids older than 12 can you see thinking the mini mi and ?s like what do you like best ice cream or apple pie were everyone votes cool on the WII channel

what age group do you think the MII channel is aimed at ?
what age group do you think ps3 home is aimed at ?

WII is for the younger market
xbox/ps3 for the older market

all the older gamers slag off the nintendo stuff as its not aimed at them
< Message edited by T1KARMANN -- 8 Mar 07 19:54:48 >
Duffman

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 03:52

are you telling me that games like smooth moves an monkey ball are for kids older than 12

FFS! Anybody can enjoy these games! I' m a few years older than 12 and I love Monkeyball and Wario Ware. Just because a game looks kiddy doesn' t mean that only kids can enjoy it!
T1KARMANN

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 04:09
you are getting me all wrong hear

the nintendo stuff has always been great fun to play

nintendo just dont seam to be bothered competing with the hiher spec stuff like ps3/xbox they have just stuck to what they do best great fun games to play which is why the WII remotes works so well on a nintendo bit of kit

i have a WII and the 1st thing i done with it was download mario 64 and mario Kart 64 and really hope the release goldeneye,diddy kong racing and f-xeoro as for me they are the best games of all time for game play

but if you are expecting anything more than update versoins of great old games like mario or mario kart or other big games from nintendo then you are fooling yourself

the WII is just not powerful enought to do anything more

< Message edited by T1KARMANN -- 8 Mar 07 20:11:34 >
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 04:57
Wii for younger gamers?

T1KARMANN You have lack of understanding..

Wii has MUCH more adult owners than younger ones.. So your arguments have ended before they even began.
< Message edited by f3hunter -- 8 Mar 07 21:01:41 >
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 2 of 12, messages 21 to 40 of 231

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread