Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nintendo Wii a Piece of S***
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 3 of 12, messages 41 to 60 of 231
T1KARMANN

• Total Posts : 12
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 05:09
its not about owners im taking abut who its aimed at

whats the title of this thread

i bet it wasnt a 12yr old who posted it

i bet it was a 360 ower or a furure ps3 owner
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 05:19
Aimed for Kids????

Wrong again!
< Message edited by f3hunter -- 8 Mar 07 21:38:05 >
T1KARMANN

• Total Posts : 12
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 05:48
or spaced out teenages

that like childish cartoon art work wooooo look at the fly pigs and colors man
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 05:52
Yes, they are aiming for adults, doesn' t mean they will hit their mark. T1KARMANN is wrong, and you are right. Nintendo doesn' t need to market for kids, they have already established themselves there. They need to market for adults, which is what they are doing.

They already lost a lot of the customers that they could have held on to when they grew up. I was a nintendo junky, but I really haven' t given them that much attention since the 64. Same goes for all my friends, and my cousins too, one of which is now a huge Xbox360 fan. They lost us through a lack of change, and a desire to keep appealing to who were once were, children. I really can' t explain the Wii' s appeal. Two of my friends bought them, even though they haven' t played Zelda, and don' t even know what games to look forward too. I think it just really got the kind of people who like the new " cool" thing, and can easily be convinced its worth their money. They have also done a great job at making their console seem like it' s cheap. When really, it' s expensive for what it is, just cheap compared to the others.

Look at the console design. Its a world away from the gamecube, its probably the most mature looking console out.

I wouldn' t say that. It' s sort of like an iPod version of a console. All white with a flashy LED around the drive. Not to mention they keep advertising that it is " only the size of 3 DVD Cases!" .

Those Nintendo ads just make me laugh. They are hokey as hell, and people are getting all excited over Wii sports. There is one thing in the world that gets me smiling like that and all pumped up. Going to a mountain after at least 20cm of fresh powder overnight, and riding on untracked runs. That my friends, is heaven on earth.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 06:15
Wii isn' t aimed at kids, it' s considered to be a " family" oriented console. The same way that Disney is a family brand. Which basically means the Wii is fucking Kiddy. Girls love the Wii, have you noticed that? Shit, half the people I see in the ads are girls, that' s not a good ratio. The entire industry is slowly being over run with casuals, and it will happen with the Wii faster then any other platform. Wii was designed for casuals for fucks sake.

Remember all those wicked Nintendo games we all grew up with, forget about them. Even Zelda, Mario and Metroid games are going to pale in comparison to how cool they used to be. That' s why Nintendo is so keen on taking backwards compatability to ridiculous levels. That' s Nintendo' s consolation prize for the hardcore gamer, the ones that made the company. Well we stopped making kickass games but you can still play all of our old shit.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 9 Mar 07 2:11:04 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 06:30
Speaking of the Devil...

AWESOME GDC Super Mario Galaxy footage!
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 06:58
Yes the marketing campaign is aimed at making the Wii a " family" console, but most of the games are aimed at the younger members of the family, just like Viva on the 360 is aimed at the younger members of the family to get them using the 360, I dare say the PS3 will have a kiddie orientated game.

The Wii or any console will only be as good as what the developers put out there and it sounds like Mr Hecker, is as someone suggested just a lazy dev who cannot be arsed to embrace a new medium.

All that said can anyone give me an easy way of trying to disuade my Fiance from wanting one as a cheap alternative to the gym?
Nitro

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 07:03
Send her round to see me twice a week and she' ll get all the exercise she needs and it' ll cost you nothing...
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 07:14

All that said can anyone give me an easy way of trying to disuade my Fiance from wanting one as a cheap alternative to the gym?

Tell her that if she wants controls for friends to use, or you for that matter, that they are $85 CDN for wii-mote + nunchuk. Or, explain that the workout is minimal compared to a game like DDR or Eye Toy games. Plus, DDR happens to be on ps2 and xbox, meaning its way cheaper.
f3hunter

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 07:29

Speaking of the Devil...

AWESOME GDC Super Mario Galaxy footage!

WOW

Nintendo = in a league of their own.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 07:32
Apart from that MG trailer the Nintendo GDC conferance was... pointless?
Nitro

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 07:39

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

There' s a big stock deal going down that' s restricted what can and can' t be said. Basically nothing can be said, announced or whatever as these kind of things affect share prices.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 07:46
As for the Wii only being aimed at little kids. I don' t know really. Nintendo always has that Nintendo way of thinking of course. In other words, oriented towards the " family" . But it seems that they' re trying to get some other stuff at least. Manhunt 2 is coming to Wii, No More Heroes, RE, Godfather, Prince of Persia, ...

And it' s actually more cruel to do moves like ripping of heads etc. with the Wiimote compared to pressing a button. Or the fatality moves in Mortal Kombat, who look more vicious in a way when someone has to " actually" chop of a head for example.

In the end, I' m quite a few years above being a kid, even a teenager (hehe) and I only care about the quality of the game. I don' t think too much of which category a game belongs to or not.
f3hunter

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 07:58
nicely put YS.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 07:58

ORIGINAL: Nitro

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

There' s a big stock deal going down that' s restricted what can and can' t be said. Basically nothing can be said, announced or whatever as these kind of things affect share prices.

Hey Nitro i heard this too, so when is this stock deal gonna be completed? when do you think we can hear some real Nintendo announcements (should there be any)? Even i can admit that the lack of info from Nintendo is getting frustrating!
< Message edited by Terrak -- 9 Mar 07 0:02:00 >
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 08:04
Wii is a a piece of shit.

A_Wiiner

• Total Posts : 23
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 09:18

The wii is cutesy! Its kinda like a girls accesory,

I love hearing comments from ppl like these. They are actually serious, but there making themselves sound dumb. Obviously to someone who plays games like Gears Of War will view WII to be childish and " cutesy" . Also the quotes about the cereal box and the 2 GCNs taped together, those quotes come from truly ignorant ppl, The WII has improved plenty. And nintendos uniqueness and creativity more than makes up for it technological deficiencies. Love wii for what it has that others dont, dont hate itfor what others have but it dosent.

With out all the gadgets and graphics what would 360 be? just an xbox... Nintendo didnt ad a whole lot to the WII, yet its a whole new experience!
Sony and Microsoft are not as creative and innovative as nintendo, their only idea of a new console is to up the graphics and add 2 extra shoulder buttons. Wii took gaming in a whole new direction, making gaming DIFFERENT the word here is DIFFERENT not better. Anybody can make a stupid console with 200 Shooters and 100 crappy sports titles.... I dont see much difference between PS3 and Xbox, but WII has so many differences, its hard to view it in the same category as the other two, wich is why, if you want to diss it, you cant draw comparisons to the other console. Nintendo kix the others asses in innovation and creativity.

If you ask me, 360 is the least surprising of this generation of consoles, they still charge for live, (PS and WIIconnect are free, get with the program) and has no motion sensor controls. Its just good graphics and higher tech hardware, which dosent impress me one bit. However, I plan on buying it solely because Xbox Is hands down, the best system of all time for shooters, and i love the francaises it ofers. (Halo, Battlefield 2, Sounter-Strike, Etc.)

You all can keep dissing the WII, but i have yet to hear a compeling arguement.... If nintendo was trying to attract gears of war fans to its system, THEN you could laugh at it, but what all you nay sayers dont get, is that your not the ones its trying to impress. (omg, idiots)
A_Wiiner

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 09:28

Shit, half the girls I see in the ads are girls,

What gender are the other half of the girls. lol its actually a good thing girls are so enthusiastic to play games, Online gaming is a sausage fest! its pathetic!

Video games are drastically diffferent from TV, Family oriented on TV means, cheesy humor and no language, Family oriented in video games means the games arent difficult to control, they are easy to get into, and the games arent a blood bath of violence, (there still can be M and T rated games if your idea of console succes has to do with the language and violence involed).

You are just drawing a comparison to make WII look bad, your not thinking about the actual interpretation of different types of media, thats why your arguement makes no sense and you are just stupid...

Next arguement, plz so i can tell everyone else how stupid they are, its actually kinda fun
< Message edited by A_Wiiner -- 9 Mar 07 1:37:41 >
A_Wiiner

RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 09:35

Even Zelda, Mario and Metroid games are going to pale in comparison to how cool they used to be.

HAHAHAHA, srsly do you make this up or do you actually think you know? lol

I didnt enjoy the N64 zelda games that much, didnt even buy windwaker, buttwilight princess is AMAZING im not even a zelda fan and i LOVED IT

Metroid? i didnt even play it untill metroid prime came out, metroid prime 2 was even better to the already UNBELIEVABLE original, and i look forward to that samme amazing game utilizing the wiimotes limitless capabilities.

Smash bros? Mario party? same story, the WII versions will blow all others out of the water.

(this guy is just stupid as hell)
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Nintendo Wii a Piece of S*** - Mar 09, 2007 11:08
Listen Weiner boy, and you are a boy. Probably 13 years old, because anyone older would be able to make a better argument then the bullshit you' ve just posted.

What gender are the other half of the girls.

fixed. Good job Sherlock you found a mistake in my post.

" didnt enjoy the N64 zelda games that much, didnt even buy windwaker, buttwilight princess is AMAZING im not even a zelda fan and i LOVED IT"

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Wii isn' t in competition with the N64 or GameCube, they' re competing with the Ps3 and 360. At the time of the N64 era and GameCube era, Nintendo survived because they were at an even playing field as the competition hardware wise. They had platforms that could keep up and support compelling games. My point is that the Wii isn' t much more capable then the GameCube. The fact is the Wii can' t support significantely games then the GamCube can, and you can' t rely on the controller to carry a console. Obviously the Wii is better then the GameCube, no one is saying that it isn' t but compared to the 360 or PS3 it' s a fucking joke. I know you don' t know shit about computer technology but take it from someone who knows what he' s talking about about

Imagine how much GameCube would have sucked if they insead released and N64.5 with the N-mote. That' s what Nintendo is doing with the Wii now, Gamecube 1.5 with a Wiimote. I' m not saying the Wiimote is a bad idea, but the Wii is so weak that I' m not even interested.

It' s not only about the graphics, it' s about the types of games you will see. Wii games will have no depth or complexity. You' re going to be stuck playing the same games you played on the GameCube only with a new controller. WOW, so fucking innovative. Anytime you have someone in the industry say a console is shit, that' s a sign. Instead of spitting out Nintendo' s marketing hype you should ask yourself why someone risked his job to say that, or listen to the people who understand his reasons.

My favorite part of your previous 3 consecutive posts, is when you compared 360' s online structure with what nintendo is offering. You really have no idea what you' re talking about do you? The silver account on the 360 (free) offers far more then what you get with Wii and if you want to actually play online you get the choice to spend a modest 50 bucks a year for the gold account. Nintendo isn' t even allowing third parties to have online support for it' s games until 2008. Nintendo is so far behind MS or anyone else with online gaming it' s a joke.

Also, don' t call me an idiot, the only one who respects your intelligence here is maybe the other Nintendo Fanboy F3hunter, but I bet even he knows your' re a retard. I' m sure he wants you to shut up for making his arguments look worse. Which puts you at a very low standing here.

But hey, don' t let me spoil your fun, I' m sure Exite Bike and Zelda TP (which is also on GameCube) is keeping you very entertained. Ignorance is bliss, as they say.
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 3 of 12, messages 41 to 60 of 231

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message