Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nights
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 41 to 60 of 95
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Nights - Aug 20, 2007 09:15

what is the point of Nights?

Child molestation brain training.
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 20 Aug 07 1:15:51 >
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Nights - Aug 20, 2007 10:23
Looks like a PS1/Dreamcast hybrid game.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Nights - Aug 20, 2007 10:36
I guess a purple fairy flying around never appealed to me.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Nights - Aug 20, 2007 10:55
I really did miss the first one, so you' ll all have to forgive me if I don' t see the interest in this one. What was the draw in the first one?
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Nights - Aug 20, 2007 13:49
I guess you could say it had a Katamari-like appeal. You could fly around and do tricks, collection something ( I forget what, it' s been a long time )

You couldn' t be Nights all the time, there was a time limit. You had to keep doing tricks and scoring or you' d be dropped back to kid form. There was only enough pressure to make it a challenge and keep it interesting so it never got tedious or frustrating. A really laid back relaxing and beautiful game that used the new Saturn analog controller perfectly.
mastachefbkw

RE: Nights - Aug 20, 2007 14:57

I guess you could say it had a Katamari-like appeal. You could fly around and do tricks, collection something ( I forget what, it' s been a long time )

You couldn' t be Nights all the time, there was a time limit. You had to keep doing tricks and scoring or you' d be dropped back to kid form. There was only enough pressure to make it a challenge and keep it interesting so it never got tedious or frustrating. A really laid back relaxing and beautiful game that used the new Saturn analog controller perfectly.

So basically, I havent missed anything?
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Nights - Aug 20, 2007 15:16
I guess not. Go shoot something.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Nights - Aug 20, 2007 18:29
A picture says more than a thousand words. So I guess this video says more than we could ever explain in words
NIGHTS INTO DREAMS
Now, of course the only way to truly appreciate a game is to play it. Watching it doesn' t really give you an idea of how fun it is to play.
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: Nights - Aug 20, 2007 20:48
If you wanna keep it really short you can just say it' s basically a highscore game.

NiGHTS into dreams is hard to describe really.

It' s one of those game that you need to have played to really understand how special it is. It' s easy to say when you look at it to say bah this looks stupid or anything like that.

But then after you' ve played it for some reason you just like the idea of playing it again and again and again. It was just fun to play. No super story with 20 000 plots like they seem to like these days. No cutscenes lasting over 10 minutes.

It was you and NiGHTS it was simple, it looked very pleasing to the eye and the music sucked you into Nightopia.

If you want to know what NiGHTS is like and understand why people adore this game you have to have played it yourself. The gameplay was good, the art design was nice, the music fitted perfectly...it was just one of those games that was just fun to play and that got stuck in your heart and you kept coming back for more.

Everything about NiGHTS was well done and many people who have been waiting for a new NiGHTs will probably be disappointed about this new one. Many people expect nothing less than the original NiGHTS. To trully satisfy them it will have to do better than NiGHTS into dreams...and I don' t see Sonic Team pulling that one off. But NiGHTS journey of dreams will probably still be fun.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Nights - Aug 20, 2007 22:56
Here' s a dark and gritty version of Nights for you guys who need that kind of played-out crap to feel secure in your identity...

mastachefbkw

RE: Nights - Aug 21, 2007 05:54
So is it like a flying sonic? Does it have a storyline?
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Nights - Aug 21, 2007 11:33
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nights_into_dreams

A game with the working title " Air Nights" was intended to use a tilt sensor in the Saturn analog pad, and development later moved to the Sega Dreamcast for a time, but eventually the project was discontinued.

Whaaaa...!?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 21 Aug 07 3:37:14 >
Demonoroth

RE: Nights - Aug 27, 2007 02:06
Some nice updates for NiGHT

All things short:
- NiGHTS voice is a female voice. They have it recorded.
- Also have the first ingame music of NiGHTS as well

Oh have we got news for you again from Leipzig..

Thanks to Niraven at GameLegend, we have the first internet exclusive NiGHTS' voice actor talking for you to listen to. Yes, NiGHTS' voice (and Will' s). Just like we reported last week. We' re all pretty happy with the result. It takes some getting used to (mostly for the LaraCroft connections) but give her 5 minutes or so on repeat and you begin to loooove. I know NiGHTS' voice has been the bain of the fanverse for 11 years (man i remember arguments back in 97), but this aint so bad.

And remember kiddies. Just because NiGHTS' voice is FEMALE it doesn' t mean he is a GIRL. NiGHTS is constantly referred to as still being Androgynous, and Sega are making big efforts to keep it that way.

WANT TO HEAR? Then check it out!:
http://trippy.mspencer.net/jod/voice.htm

NEXT! Oh what a day! We have footage of the Wiimote being used with the game, ho ho ho, and the ulterior motive of WE GOT THE ALPS LEVEL MUSIC. YES. Be the first to listen to the new inlevel music by our favourite composer <3 Thanks again to Niraven our stealthy NiGHTS ninjaninja.

LISTEN TO MUSiC
http://trippy.mspencer.net/jod/music.htm

- There will be a 2p mode and another one

There' s the standard story mode, and though the game was in Japanese it would appear there was also a multiplayer mode, due to the " 2P" in front of the Japanese in the second option. There' s one more mode option I assume might be something like a time trial.

- level number might increase

The seven arches/doorways in the park at the beginning of the game suggest a solid seven levels. However, there is possible space for an eighth where a park bench is standing. The SEGA representative said we could even have up to a total of 9. There' s also some cloudiness around the fountain, and the possibility you could eventually break it or somehow use it to get to an additional level or boss, if so, most likely the final one.

This is all in short. If you want to read all of it then here' s where to go
http://www.nightsintodreams.com/NiD/violet/journey/ofdreams.htm

Although if you don' t like spoilers then I suggest you don' t read the thing at all.
Demonoroth

RE: Nights - Sep 04, 2007 07:40
Some news from the site nightsintodreams

28th August 2007 RELEASE DATE PUSHED BACK:
Niraven got in touch with us again to report some interesting news concerning the release date of NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams. According to the SEGA PR they spoke to, the game has now been pushed back to Q1 2008. Here' s what she told me in a recent message -

" As for our source of the delay, it' s as high up as it gets. You see, the German magazines said Christmas 2007 was the release date as did Daniel our demo-guy. When we got Nintendo' s publishing dates, it was listed as November. We contacted SEGA this morning and spoke with SEGA' s Product and PR Manager and he told us that it' s been officially pushed to Q1 2008. That' s literally " this morning' s news" , and it' s coming from the most credible source it can come from."

Right, before you take the " oh, wtf?" attitude, breathe and stop and just think about it. This is a blessing in disguise in the fact that it' s giving Sega more time to complete this game because if it' s at 55% complete and going to be released in November then there was certainly going to be a few things wrong with it. Let' s hope Sega use this time wisely and make this next NiGHTS game as good as it can possibly be. So far, all the news from Leipzig has made me excited and i have not felt this excited about a games release since Sonic Adventure was announced. Let' s hope the extra time is used to great effect and Sega release one hell of a game that earns them their lost respect points back. Plus, it will no longer be clashing with the releases of Mario Galaxy and that is certainly a good thing. Be happy. Things are going just fine.

But Simon Jeffery of Sega of America has denied NiGHTS being delayed.

I wouldn' t mind if it was pushed back a bit really. As said above it would clash with Mario Galaxy. The first NiGHTS didn' t sell so well because it was up against Mario 64. It would be a rather stupid move from SEGA to let this new NiGHTS go up against Mario Galaxy. Everyone with a Wii is waiting for that game and NiGHTS would once again be in Mario' s shadow.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Nights - Sep 04, 2007 10:53
Nights in 1996 was a VERY special game. Kind of like the best parts of innovation like Rez crossed with the first time you played a fast platformer well. There were no games at that time where you could fly freely, and there were no games around which really made you feel you were being rewarded for being good - the audio / level design was bang on. It also had the unique controller - which felt perfect and just, well intuitive really.

It had a special place in saturn owners hearts - Sega even issued christmas nights for free to saturn owners who registered or bought the official sega saturn magazine. The bosses were crazy by modern standards and elements of the game were really innovative.

The music was also (apart from the cheesy kids singing etc..) was also very high quality and didnt feel bolted on like most red-book audio did back in the mid 90' s.

In short if Sega had had another two or three titles with this quality I think their success in Europe could have been assured. It just felt like a special game and that the development of which had been a labour of love for the staff rather than a chore. It was so much more than a flying sonic, which is kind of sacrilidge for how good this game was in its day.

To me however this new game feels like a missed opportunity, I don' t mean the formula has been lost - but I have a feeling that many will interpret this as regurgitated gameplay mechanic under the guise of - " well it wasnt that well known on the Saturn so we can practically port the engine across" - even though it is allready looking damm fine. - In fact, I' d buy a Wii for this game if it was any good!

Wish I had the faith In Sega that I had back in 1996, when you knew they could deliver.
< Message edited by ikashiru -- 4 Sep 07 13:07:47 >
Demonoroth

RE: Nights - Sep 13, 2007 20:40
New NiGHTS trailer on IGN

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/873/873984/vids_1.aspx

Looking more than good enough to me. The only thing that seems to be missing still are the Nightopians.

I really want this game...it' s getting harder and harder waiting for it.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Nights - Sep 13, 2007 23:38

Looks like a PS1/Dreamcast hybrid game.

How so? Do you mean the type of gameplay or graphically? Since MGS on PS1 for example didn' t come close graphic wise to something like Soul Calibur or Shenmue on DC. And I really can' t see NiGHTS for Wii being something in between those.

A game with the working title " Air Nights" was intended to use a tilt sensor in the Saturn analog pad, and development later moved to the Sega Dreamcast for a time, but eventually the project was discontinued.

Whaaaa...!?

Yeah, it' s a shame Sega couldn' t continue with the DC actually. They had lots of ideas. I' ve seen prototypes for motion controllers like the Wii has now. Different design of course but still they had this in mind. Besides the fishing rod which was available of course. I read that they actually chose to make a new NiGHTS now since there was a console with motion control. Because that was the original idea for a NiGHTS sequel back then.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Nights - Sep 14, 2007 00:06

New NiGHTS trailer on IGN

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/873/873984/vids_1.aspx

Looking more than good enough to me. The only thing that seems to be missing still are the Nightopians.

I really want this game...it' s getting harder and harder waiting for it.

Yeah looking neat..

With SMG Paper Mario, No More Hero' s, Zak & Wikki, Ghost Squad, Dragon' s Breath etc. Seems Wii is the choice for proper traditional ' Console' Gaming for sure.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Nights - Sep 14, 2007 00:09
There is no proper console gaming without a decent shoot' em' up ;)
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Nights - Sep 14, 2007 01:07
sorry guys but it looks crap, give me mario Galaxy that game walks all over it, in every way.
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 41 to 60 of 95

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message