Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nights
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 21 to 40 of 95
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Nights - Jul 31, 2007 01:58
I liked that song " In the night, dream delight, I want to see you standing there whadadada" you know the rest.
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: Nights - Jul 31, 2007 03:14

ORIGINAL: Zoy

The last two definitely look in-engine, but how are they so high res?

I don' t know maybe this is a bit more of the true potential of the Wii...who knows. I think they look very good. The second screen in the streets there is probably ingame as well then. The others I' ve seen in the trailer.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Nights - Jul 31, 2007 03:16

I liked that song " In the night, dream delight, I want to see you standing there whadadada" you know the rest.

The question is, Which version did you like?
ginjirou

RE: Nights - Jul 31, 2007 03:18
I dunno, it was ages ago I played the damn game and i didn' t even own it myself
Didn' t know there were several versions.
Demonoroth

RE: Nights - Jul 31, 2007 05:22
I hope it isn' t the version with the children you like...there' s something about their voices that makes me want to tear off my ears everytime they open their mouth...the version with the adults singing wasn' t bad.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Nights - Jul 31, 2007 07:12
Man, the following music brings so many memories (some dude put it over Wi footage).

Why are links different on every forum
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 30 Jul 07 23:13:32 >
Demonoroth

RE: Nights - Jul 31, 2007 13:39
Seen that a while back...for some weird reason I had a smile going from ear to ear when I saw and heard that.

Although the world does still seem a bit empty without the Nightopians around that footage gave me hope that Sonic Team USA isn' t totally screwing up this game.

Hope the new music is kinda the same as the one from NiGHTS into dreams.

The footage looks promising in my eyes if the controls are good the Wii might have it' s first cult game already. If they still do manage to screw this up SEGA will have hell to pay
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Nights - Jul 31, 2007 19:03

The second screen in the streets there is probably ingame as well then. The others I' ve seen in the trailer.

OMG! Shut up! You can' t be serious!!! *lets out a girlish scream*

It would be amazing if those first three shots were in-game. I' m no graphics whore, but I know when something looks sweeet. This game better be awesome.

By the way, not having owned a Megadrive or anything, I have never played a single NiGHTS game before. So, unfortunately, the Wii version will be my first.
< Message edited by Marink -- 31 Jul 07 11:06:59 >
ginjirou

RE: Nights - Jul 31, 2007 19:06

ORIGINAL: Marink

By the way, not having owned a Saturn or anything, I have never played a single NiGHTS game before. So, unfortunately, the Wii version will be my first.

Marink

RE: Nights - Jul 31, 2007 19:08
I did say " or anything" .

Anything by Sega anyway...
ginjirou

RE: Nights - Jul 31, 2007 19:10

ORIGINAL: Marink

Anything by Sega anyway...

HA! Sucks to be you loser!
Marink

RE: Nights - Jul 31, 2007 19:25
My mother seems to have something against videogames I think...

I did, however, get to play on the Dreamcast quite a bit at some youth place I used to go to in America. It was awesome, they had an N64 AND a Dreamcast!!! When I wasn' t thrashing people on Powerstone, I was getting thrashed on Super Smash Bros (although I improved vastly over time). Good times they were. Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood tiiimes.
Demonoroth

RE: Nights - Jul 31, 2007 20:49
Aah yes I' ve forgotten this nice little comment made on the SEGA Europe blogs from the SEGA people themselves

SEGA fans are happy!
because after years, SEGA is finally giving them what they want! " NiGHTS"
, seriously! Nintendo should be greatful for NiGHTS:Journey Of Dreams!
because many people now want to buy a Wii only for NiGHTS!

I' m agreeing Nintendo should be greatful. This game is gonna make Wii sell to old games who used to play NiGHTS but haven' t bought a console yet.
ginjirou

RE: Nights - Jul 31, 2007 22:03
Now that is one kickass comment!!
Demonoroth

RE: Nights - Aug 19, 2007 19:24
Marink you liked those last screenshots...then check these out and have a heartattack.

Seriously feast your eyes on these and you know what the best thing about these screenshots is? They' re blown up screenshots and they still look good. Just imagine how good the game will look in motion.

[image]http://media.1up.com/media?id=3374323&type=lg[/image]

[image]http://media.1up.com/media?id=3374322&type=lg[/image]

[image]http://media.1up.com/media?id=3374321&type=lg[/image]

[image]http://media.1up.com/media?id=3374320&type=lg[/image]

[image]http://media.1up.com/media?id=3374319&type=lg[/image]

The game looked good before but it seems the gaming gods are with us right now. Seriously the game never looked aweful to begin with but this is looking better and better with each screenshot we see.

Sonic Team USA really seems to have the art style and graphics right so far. The music will most likely be alright. If I hear some good things about the gameplay now then I' m gonna go nuts.

Ooh yeah another thing don' t know if you people know or not but NiGHTS has been given a voice actor. NiGHTS will talk. Here' s hoping SEGA doesn' t pick an aweful cast like they did with Sonic.

Sonic Team USA.....it' s learning...of all things...they are learning not to screw up games. It seems we are going to get a great NiGHTS

PRAISE THE ALMIGHTY GAMING GODS!!!
< Message edited by demonoroth -- 19 Aug 07 11:35:01 >
ginjirou

RE: Nights - Aug 19, 2007 19:51
That looks amazing. Wohoo!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Nights - Aug 19, 2007 20:33
Well someone has to have the reverse view in every thread and it looks like I' ll take the honors (of dishonor).

To me it just looks like more of the same from the previous NiGHTS. And as enjoyable as those games were I' d hope for a bit more after this long of wait rather then just a new control scheme.

To be honest with you I think it' s Sega trying to hide its blunders by using a tried and true formula with a highly nostalgic title. Doing this knowing full well that people have waited so long and gotten tossed around so much with garbage that they' d take anything at this point as a sign of redemption.

However, as I said before, I did enjoy the games so playing an updated version isn' t all bad. Mostly because it saves time and space because I won' t have to dig up thee ol Saturn to play a dated game.

Maybe I' m completely wrong since I haven' t been following this game as much and don' t know all the details.

Sonic Team USA.....it' s learning...of all things...they are learning not to screw up games. It seems we are going to get a great NiGHTS

Heheh I dunno if it was intentional and all but that " it' s learning" thing just reminded me of the Dreamcast ads with the " it' s thinking" slogan. I guess they do need to take a step back " learn" a few new things then put up its new ad campaign " It' s re-thinking" .
< Message edited by Mass X -- 19 Aug 07 12:37:52 >
ginjirou

RE: Nights - Aug 19, 2007 21:24
Err... the only thing that we can confirm that remains the same is the art style, which is awesome.
We don' t know enough about the gameplay or the levels to judge that just yet. Of course, I wouldn' t be surprised if they used a tried and true formula but I suspect they have done something more.
I' d like to see a port of the Saturn version included in the game but maybe that' s too much to ask for.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Nights - Aug 20, 2007 04:45
It looks really cool to me... I don' t know that it' s such a bad thing if it closely matches the gameplay of the original, since it is basically a re-introduction of the whole concept for a new generation of gamers. If this one does well enough to gain a sequel within the next couple of years then I would expect some significant advances in the gameplay mechanics.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Nights - Aug 20, 2007 07:37
Erm... Just out of curiosity, what is the point of Nights?
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 21 to 40 of 95

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message