Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nights
Change Page: < 12345 | Showing page 5 of 5, messages 81 to 95 of 95
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: Nights - Nov 07, 2007 03:30
Ok another little update how about 5 new videos this time

great music, for those who feared the new music in NiGHTS would be bad...well you just have one thing less to fear already. This stage just looks so great, I really find it amazing.

funland

Ok if you were thinking the music sounded great in the previous video then get ready for some typical SEGA goodness now. This is a typical SEGA sound and I find myself loving it as much as when I was a little kid.

waterworld

Boss clown, from previous footage from this level I knew it looked great but finally seeing in at least some decent quality....it' s just wonderful.

donbalo

Remember the huge green fish from the last trailer. Finally see some more from this boss.

Girania

And then the last one. The stage which was used to to take first screens off. And wooow it just looks woooow. It really did improve a lot as we wished it would when we saw those screens.

Island

SEGA really seems to be doing something right for once and it brings a tear to my eye.

The game looks absolutely great, I already feel like getting the soundtrack as well. And although we can' t really say from vids it doesn' t seem the ones playing it have trouble with the controls so I' ll assume they are at least at the level of " the get the job done as it should" .

I hope NiGHTS gets the attention it deserves this time around. From all the things I' ve seen so far I just get the feeling that this will be a great game. With good advertising this game will most likely turn out to be a hit for both Nintendo and SEGA. As things look now everybody who owns a Wii just doesn' t have an excuse to pick up NiGHTS. This game belongs in your gaming library as much as Super Mario Galaxy does

If I look back at the first screens and video footage we got and to how the game looks now...It seems SEGA really got the point and know they are not allowed to screw this one up. SEGA seems to be putting their heart and soul into this game and so far it really looks amazing. I myself am getting this game no matter what. All we need now is word on the controls and we might just as well be looking at a game that will become as big of a legend as NiGHTS: into dreams was.

When this comes out and it looks and sounds like it does I' m a happy man. And if SEGA got the controls down...then for the first time in a long while now I' ll have respect for SEGA.

Every time I see something new about this game I just get more and more excited and it has been a long time since any game has done that.

I had lost my respect for SEGA, my hope that SEGA could actually still make a great game was nearing the bottom.

Secret Rings gave me some hope again, although far from perfect it' s without a doubt the best Sonic in years and it was just fun to actually play a Sonic that wasn' t completely screwed up.

But hell NiGHTS...NiGHTS has awoken my 10 year old SEGAfanboy self. And right now my 10 year old self is kicking my ass in my head for doubting SEGA this much.
< Message edited by demonoroth -- 6 Nov 07 19:53:39 >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Nights - Nov 07, 2007 14:41
Every game after JSRF future has proven Segas incompetence, NiGHTS was good, but Sega will find a way to fux it up.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Nights - Nov 17, 2007 21:22
New trailer
I think it looks fantastic! Sega hasn' t screwed everything up. Virtua Fighter, Virtua Tennis, Sega Rally, Sonic on the DS and possibly this game shows they still have some skills left.
And last gen they had a couple of nice games like Super Monkey Ball, Panzer Dragoon Orta and they did a good job on F-Zero X.
And now they work with games like Medieval II: Total War and Condemned.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Nights - Nov 18, 2007 00:33
I' m setting my expectations low.

If it blows, I' ll be at least content, and if it rocks I' ll be pleasantly surprised.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Nights - Nov 18, 2007 21:19

I think it looks fantastic! Sega hasn' t screwed everything up. Virtua Fighter, Virtua Tennis, Sega Rally, Sonic on the DS and possibly this game shows they still have some skills left.

I would totally agree, just not on the Sega Rally part..

It' s decent but not quite Sega Rally... Gameplay and power sliding is not as far fetched or as smooth as the Original game and the Musician?? why was he hired? How did his compositions (or Loops) get through to the final Master?, he clearly didn' t know what Sega Rally or Sega style Music was all about. Just looped-based Guitar riff' s as BGM, added nothing to the feel and essence of the Game..

I wish I knew about this project before hand, I would of forward my ideas, a true Killer Sega Rally OST.

Hopefully, when Ive done writing this Soundtrack for a w.i.p LIVE arcade project, My CV will be healthy enough to actually Approach SEGA.. (my main ambition)

But yeah, Overall SEGA are surely Proving they have talent within.. (Yakuza 3 looks true good-old SEGA)

Grant Delmore

• Total Posts : 76
RE: Nights - Nov 18, 2007 21:32
When i say this i say this as someone who has never played the original and knows nothing about what this actual game is about.

The game looks childish beyond belief :\ i cant believe grown men want this game.. .What the hell is with you people....I myself will buy it to see what all the fuss is about. Hell maybe it has a killer story or killer play style... But dam from what ive seen the best thing is that u can turn into a dragon or a frog.

Someone wanna explain to me whats so good about it? Or the original for that matter?
Not saying i don' t like it or nothing it just looks like one of those games your sister would buy.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Nights - Nov 18, 2007 21:45
Ever heard of diversity in Gaming? It' s not all about shooting people in the faces.

Trust me, your sister would not understand how to play Nights properly, even if someone Explained it to her. In fact alot of grown up' s didn' t understand how to play the game either.

Think Ikaruga (Not sure your old enough to know about this?).. It' s all about building Combo' s (or Links) and gaining high scores.. It' s all based around Smooth-flowing gameplay and learning the Loop patterns and having quick reactions. IF you ever reach ' the Zone' Nights becomes an engrossing experience. Different to anything Videogame land has offered, actually.

Edit: but yes, Initially, it does come across extremely Quirky.
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 18 Nov 07 13:52:34 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Nights - Nov 18, 2007 22:04
I think the latest Sega Rally is an improvement over the past games as it' s the first I actually enjoy playing
And I forgot to mention Yakuza, that' s a cool game.

Nights looking childish? I dunno, the style they' ve chosen is mostly associated with products aimed at children but if you look at how they' ve used the style, the quality and the high level of it you' ll realise that most adults with any level of appreciation of artistic visuals should find it very impressive.
Not to say it' s for everyone but one should still see the impressive work, detail and thought behind it.
To then combine such design with the relaxing yet exciting gameplay that Nights has and then taking it further with the Wii-mote, how can I not be excited about this game?
Imaginative is the key word for this game and it' s a very suiting one as it' s all about dreams. In dreams most things look very weird and the way Sega has created this " dreamy" feeling is extraordinary.
With music fitting the overall design and extremely imaginative character design you simply have to adore the work Sega has done.
I really hope the controls will be good, and if not, that they' ll support traditional controllers.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 18 Nov 07 14:06:25 >
Grant Delmore

• Total Posts : 76
RE: Nights - Nov 18, 2007 22:35
Hmmm i dunno im gonna pick it up of course but it sounds like a very.. different game :\
So the whole game is on the move getting highscore multipliers? so is it like a mix between starfox and err. Spyro?
Demonoroth

RE: Nights - Nov 28, 2007 09:41
Ok Games Rader got their hands on a build and have finished the game.

Games Radar impression

Doesn' t sound better than I had expected really. Had expected SEGA to screw this one up as they did with Sonic. Although I never would admit that.

But it doesn' t sound bad so far. There' s still little time left and so they can actually still fix some of it.

If they do so it' ll be a good game.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Nights - Nov 28, 2007 18:34

If it blows, I' ll be at least content, and if it rocks I' ll be pleasantly surprised.

That' s the best thing to do.

This is nearly out isn' t it?
< Message edited by Marink -- 28 Nov 07 10:35:30 >
Demonoroth

RE: Nights - Nov 28, 2007 19:29

ORIGINAL: Marink

That' s the best thing to do.

This is nearly out isn' t it?

US: December 18, 2007
Japan: December 30, 2007
Europe: January 25, 2008

That is according to IGN and Gamespot.

Although I' m not so sure if those dates are still the ones of the actual releases.

From the website nightsintodreams.com posted on 20 november

As you know, we went to visit Sega Europe under the impression we were to play NiGHTS Journey of Dreams. However, due to problems with the game we were not allowed to play it. This was due to the game still needing debugging which further led to us being informed that the game is being delayed until January/February 2008. This is apparently worldwide, too. Gaming websites still report a Dec 18th 2007 release so i have NO IDEA what is going on there. If the game releases on Dec 18th, you' ll obviously know about it. However, everybody and their grandmother is praying for this delay to stay in place so it gives Sega enough time to polish the game a little bit more. The Sega PR we spoke to was certain on a delay and the fact that we were not able to play it due to bug issues confirms it.

They have been right on every piece of news they put up on their website about journey of dreams and here' s some proof.

Things that we spoke of prior to press releases that are now officially in the game or common knowledge:
Unofficially confirmed the games existence before Sega did. (Us and Spong)
Game on the Nintendo Wii for 2007.
The game was described in January as being for Parents to play along with their young children and family orientated.
Date change due to ' re haul' a few months ago.
We first reported of Helen and ' Kevin' . With a 100% on Helen' s name.
Both children were blonde, Sonic360 princess-esque, looked glaringly similar and that William was a football fan.
Persona mask power ups named long before any official sources.
Sandy ' arabian' level confirmed now.
' Huge Patchwork Boss with a toony face' Puffy clone revealed to public.
Game has many British/London overtones.
William has indeed got Father issues.
Reala is 100% in the game.
The game plays like some sections in Sonic and The Secret Rings.
An Owl is in the game and acts as a support Omo-Chao type character.
NiGHTS now speaks. Has a British accent.
Beautiful Spring Valley level with ' Windmills' reported. (Level is called ' Alp Chase' ).
A-life garden (similar to Chao garden) involving the online trading function. Enables users to raise A-Life in their own small dream world.

So I would say it' s more likely to see a release at the beginning of next year worldwide instead of the dates given on gaming websites.

Also been running behind a bit with updates it seems

So here' s a boss

that throws...cats at you

looks like a pinball table kinda thing...I don' t know

kittens seem to get big rather quickly these days

running out of stupid comments to name these links so here' s the last one

and since a boss throwing cats at you from above a pinball table kinda like thing makes so much sense and is random in anyway you can imagine I decided to throw in an extra today.

Enjoy!

< Message edited by demonoroth -- 28 Nov 07 12:27:27 >
Demonoroth

RE: Nights - Nov 30, 2007 03:17
Ok should have shut up about updates yesterday.

IGN has a little talk with Iizuka and hands-on

Read it if you want to but there' s nothing new being said really. Well atleast not that I didn' t know about yet.

Also have an insane amount of new screenshots 39 in total.

Can' t post them all so I' ll just pick a few for those of you who don' t feel like going through them all.

[image]http://media.wii.ign.com/media/873/873984/image_frame.aspx?image_id=27&screenshot_id=5097988[/image]

A boss I would say but ain' t sure about that but does look like it.

[image]http://media.wii.ign.com/media/873/873984/image_frame.aspx?image_id=34&screenshot_id=5097995[/image]

New level

Would show more but wouldn' t be right to be spamming pictures like that in a single post.

There' s some stuff with the two children in it and another new level.

Although IGN' s screenshots aren' t that great. Some of the screens really look aweful compared to what we' ve already seen in videos.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Nights - Nov 30, 2007 04:12
Please can we not hotlink screenshots...

Just re-host them using Imageshack or Tinypic
Demonoroth

RE: Nights - Dec 02, 2007 05:09

NiGHTS Journey of Dreams finally dated

Sega have revealed their European Winter release schedule. Among the list are popular upcoming titles such as NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, Sonic Rivals 2 and Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus.

Here is the full list -

December - The Golden Compass (PC, PSP)
December 7 - Sonic Rivals 2 (PSP)

January 11 - Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus (PS2, PC)
January 25 - Ghost Squad (Wii)
January 25 - NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams (Wii)
January 25 - Universe at War (PC)

February 8 - The Club (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
February - Condemned 2 (Xbox 360, PS3)
February - Bleach: Shattered Blade (Wii)
February - Bleach: Blade of Fate (DS)

Early 08 - Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (DS)

So we finally get a date from SEGA. The rest of the list isn' t really interesting though.

Well 25th of january here in Europe...I can live with that. Don' t have to wait for like half a year after it' s out in America as we sometimes have to do.
Change Page: < 12345 | Showing page 5 of 5, messages 81 to 95 of 95

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message