Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nights
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 61 to 80 of 95
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Nights - Sep 14, 2007 02:28
It doesn' t look like crap. The art design is magnificent. If you can' t see that then... well then you have no ability to appreciate any artistic values whatsoever and then I really don' t care what you think of how games look.
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: Nights - Sep 15, 2007 13:08

NiGHTS Doubles Up
SEGA title to feature two-player mode and " Artificial Life."
by Bozon

September 14, 2007 - To coincide with pre-TGS coverage, SEGA announced today that NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams players will be getting a bit more content than they thought when the final version hits. According to SEGA representatives, NiGHTS " will feature a two-player mode and network support at launch."

While details are still sparse on this feature, the official Japanese site also refers to this addition as " duel" mode, implying that it' ll be competitive and not cooperative. In addition to " duel" mode, we got official word from SEGA of America that the game will actually feature multiple two-player modes, some of which will be available only locally, and others that work the full potential of Wii with Nintendo WiFi Connection. Since details at this moment are still relatively secretive, we were able to confirm only one online mode of play, which is a two-player " race" competition. Details of whether or not you can play against only friends, or if a random matchmaking system will be included are still unknown.

As for other details, SEGA also plans to reawaken the Artificial Life (A-Life) feature in NiGHTS, which allows users to control and manage a sandbox environment where you can capture, raise, and combine animals from the Nightopia world.

Details on both " duel" mode and the A-Life system are still pretty sparse, but we' ll know more once the Tokyo Game Show kicks off officially. More as it develops.

Now this game already looked good in my eyes.

Well this news only makes it better. The only thing I need now are some good impressions about the controls and I' m sold...well I was going to get this already anyway so not like it really matters.

But this is some nice news. NiGHTS going online and I was starting to worry about the Nightopians since we haven' t seen them in screens or trailers but it seems we have nothing to worry about.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Nights - Sep 16, 2007 22:10
Explore the Dream Trailer
I think it looks f***ing fantastically awesome!!!
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Nights - Sep 17, 2007 05:57

Man, Cannot wait to play this game, especially to see running upscaled on My 1080P Projector.

< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 16 Sep 07 21:59:05 >
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Nights - Sep 17, 2007 08:34
I' ll buy a wii just for this game!
Demonoroth

RE: Nights - Sep 27, 2007 01:48
Ok time for some NiGHTS updates

21rst September 2007 ' Dreams Dreams' Remade:
Our NiNJA, Martijn, managed to grab a zip folder containing some music from JoD. It contains 3 audio files, one of which will may (or may not) come as a surprise to some of you NiGHTS fans. The original title song ' Dreams Dreams' has been remade.

Other than the Dreams Dreams remake, the other two audio files are the sound of a bell being rung and the main music from the recent trailer that was shown at IGN.
You can grab the ZIP folder HERE.

And then some gameplay footage from TGS

When seeing all of this it' s hard to keep calm about this game. Even harder to keep in my mind that it' s Sonic Team USA making it. For some reason I just keep expecting that they' ll screw up big time in the end. Hope I' m wrong cause the game really deserves a great new game in the franchise and recognition.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25284.aspx

Ok the guy rather sucks at playing NiGHTS but I left this one because it shows NiGHTS certainly isn' t a bad looking game.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25299.aspx

Still the same player and he ain' t doing well here. But it does show us great graphics during the boss fight.

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/14919

First 30 seconds during boss fight don' t have sound. But this player is better than the one from gametrailers. But still not to great but it can already give you an idea of how the game is supposed to be played...at times atleast.

http://www.jeux-france.com/downloads8435_video-NiGHTS.aspx

Now the one from Jeux France shows us the most speedy and probably best played of all of the videos.

When seeing all of that it' s hard to keep calm about this game. Even harder to keep in my mind that it' s Sonic Team USA making it. For some reason I just keep expecting that they' ll screw up big time in the end. Hope I' m wrong cause the game really deserves a great new game in the franchise and recognition.

And to wrap this up two shots from the NiGHTS booth at TGS

< Message edited by demonoroth -- 26 Sep 07 17:58:27 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Nights - Sep 27, 2007 02:32
I wish they' d port this to ps3 or 360... Traditional controls

Or put it on the PSN/XBLA
< Message edited by uumai -- 26 Sep 07 18:32:54 >
Demonoroth

RE: Nights - Sep 27, 2007 02:42
SEGA won' t do that.

They always refused to make a new NiGHTS if the only thing that would change about it were better graphics.

SEGA was planning on doing something with NiGHTS on the Dreamcast with motionsensing wand or something. But that never happened. So now they have the Wii.

Besides SEGA knows it isn' t worth spending their money on a NiGHTS for 360 and PS3. You could say 95% of those two audiences aren' t interested in a game like NiGHTS because it' s to " kiddy" and doesn' t have you shooting heads of things and all that stuff. So to continue from that 5% remaining maybe 3% will buy it. It would just be a waste of money. So you can either keep dreaming about it coming to one of those two consoles.

Or you could do like many people are going to do and buy a Wii when this game comes out.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Nights - Sep 27, 2007 06:50

ORIGINAL: Demonoroth

SEGA won' t do that.

They always refused to make a new NiGHTS if the only thing that would change about it were better graphics.

SEGA was planning on doing something with NiGHTS on the Dreamcast with motionsensing wand or something. But that never happened. So now they have the Wii.

Besides SEGA knows it isn' t worth spending their money on a NiGHTS for 360 and PS3. You could say 95% of those two audiences aren' t interested in a game like NiGHTS because it' s to " kiddy" and doesn' t have you shooting heads of things and all that stuff. So to continue from that 5% remaining maybe 3% will buy it. It would just be a waste of money. So you can either keep dreaming about it coming to one of those two consoles.

Or you could do like many people are going to do and buy a Wii when this game comes out.

Incorrect.

Since when do only bloody games sell on sony consoles? Some of the gayest looking games of all time have been best sellers on sony consoles.
< Message edited by emofag -- 26 Sep 07 22:52:54 >
Demonoroth

RE: Nights - Sep 27, 2007 07:32
Bloody games and shooters do sell much better generally speaking these days.

Look at the PS2 you had Okami, Killer 7 and Shadow of the Colossus both great games and each of them twice as good as almost anything on the console. To me they' re better than lets say God of War.

Now which one sold best?? Don' t think we have to ask. Sure God of War wasn' t bad but I found it to be lacking for all the hype it had gotten. It wasn' t as mind blowing as it was made out to be. While the others in my opinion had that little something more.

And well it' s not just for Sony consoles or from Microsoft. It' s for gamers these days in general.

Things that are truly different and unique from the rest such as Okami, Shadow of the Colossus and NiGHTS just don' t get the recognition they deserve amongst younger gamers.

They' d prefer anything with some shooting or some gore or both above a unique and refreshing concept.

Not saying all sony and xbox fanboys are like that ofcourse. But there are a lot and for that there' s no reason for SEGA to bring it out on those consoles. As stated before it would be a waste of money.

SEGA made a right choice when picking the Wii to put NiGHTS on. The people who own a Wii are going to pick up this game much faster than anyone with a PS3 or 360.

Just take a little look around the internet. The places where you' ll see NiGHTS getting bashed before they' ve even played it is where xbox and sony fanboys hang around. The ones willing to give it a try or who think it' s great are the Nintendo people and ofcourse the old SEGA fanboys who' re just going to buy a Wii just so they can play NiGHTS again.

Maybe if this one sells well on Wii and the franchise starts to get a name. Maybe then SEGA might consider bringing NiGHTS to the other consoles. But as things are now it isn' t going to happen.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Nights - Sep 27, 2007 07:40

don' t get the recognition they deserve amongst younger gamers.

Let me save you abit of time, Your replying to one, the guy does not know what factors makes great games. Hes just a troller with no moral, ignore him.
Demonoroth

RE: Nights - Oct 03, 2007 04:56

Get to Know NiGHTS' Personas
SEGA reveals transformation masks and online capabilities.
by Daemon Hatfield

October 2, 2007 - Today SEGA revealed the first details on the Persona masks to be utilized in the upcoming NiGHTS sequel, Journey of Dreams. The masks will be found in treasure chests while playing the story mode as either Will or Helen. The three Persona types (Dolphin, Dragon, and Rocket) each transform the player into a different form, unlocking unique abilities. Masks can be donned whenever you like, and SEGA says there is strategy involved in deciding when the best opportunity is.

The Dolphin Mask changes the player into a dolphin, perhaps as a nod to SEGA' s Ecco the Dolphin franchise. This allows underwater exploration.

The Rocket Mask turns players into a rocket, providing great speed.

The Dragon Mask shape shifts players into a…dragon. While this will slow the character down, they won' t be affected by wind or gravity while in this form.

SEGA says NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams will also utilize the Wii' s Wi-Fi capabilities to resurrect the original game' s Artificial Life feature, allowing players to cultivate virtual pets and share them online.

I didn' t know what to expect from those masks but seems they might fit rather well into the game.
< Message edited by demonoroth -- 2 Oct 07 20:58:16 >
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Nights - Oct 03, 2007 05:09
Interesting..
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Nights - Oct 03, 2007 16:35
Ive read a few rumors that this will be hitting the XBox360 and PS3 late next year
Demonoroth

RE: Nights - Oct 17, 2007 00:58
Ok we all know NiGHTS was set for a later date. Well we got release dates now.

NiGHTS has got a release date in North America of 18th December 2007 and January 2008 in Europe

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6181087.aspx?a...estnews;title;1
gamer4eva

• Total Posts : 104
RE: Nights - Oct 18, 2007 01:49
The game moves well,
The game looks great,

Can even use the Wiimote,
Bitch, feel it Vibrate,

This game is by SEGA,
This game is Nights,

Shit, GF' s back,
best take off these tights/i].
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Nights - Oct 18, 2007 05:06

The game moves well,
The game looks great,

Bitch, feel it Vibrate,

This game is by SEGA,
This game is Nights,

Shit, GF' s back,
That makes me want the game even less
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Nights - Oct 18, 2007 05:08

The game moves well,
The game looks great,

Bitch, feel it Vibrate,

This game is by SEGA,
This game is Nights,

Shit, GF' s back,

ROFL
Demonoroth

RE: Nights - Nov 06, 2007 01:44
Well by now we all knew it would be using the weather channel so here are some details about it. Nothing much though.

Nights Gets Real Weather
Sega incorporating Wii Weather Channel into new title.
by Anoop Gantayat

November 4, 2007 - Sega Japan announced today specifics on how the Wii revival of the Nights franchise will make use of the Wii Weather Channel for a few gameplay twists.

Nights: Journey of Dreams will use the free Wii module for its " My Dream" area, where players get to freely interact with the game' s " A-Life" artificially-driven creatures. The weather in this area of the game will reflect the weather of the location that you' ve registered with the Wii Weather Channel. Depending on the weather outside, you might see clear skies, or thick cloud cover. The game will also replicate snow and thunder storms.

The A-life creatures change their behavior based on the season, time of day, and weather, so this little bit of added reality should contribute greatly to the game.

As I said it' s nothing big really but it for me it are nice little details like this in a game that makes it stound out more from the rest.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Nights - Nov 06, 2007 20:15

The game moves well,
The game looks great,

Bitch, feel it Vibrate,

This game is by SEGA,
This game is Nights,

Shit, GF' s back,

Haha, I missed this one earlier.

Anyway, nice to see them finally confirm that weather thing. I didn' t know about the free interaction with " A-life" creatures. I wonder what that interaction will be exactly or how it will turn out. The things with the creatures changing behavior etc sounds interesting though.
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 61 to 80 of 95

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message