Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Gearwhores
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 9 of 11, messages 161 to 180 of 206
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Gearwhores - Aug 29, 2006 20:12

Thats should allow for more money to go into the center of attention, the TV or projector.

It may be the center for games , but for movies - sound is the shit.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Gearwhores - Aug 30, 2006 00:24

ORIGINAL: Mass X

We' re all fucked up, we' re all ignorant in some way or another, and we' re all just killing time til the inevitable.

Anyhow I got a few questions:

1. Do Mitsubishi make good TVs?

2. I want a big ass HDTV for under $5,000 however, Projectors are sounding quite nice these days. Which would give me BIG but also be good for the money and stay within my price range?
--This wont be for a good 5+months from now.

3. Got any surround sound systems for recomendation?

Even tho I just got into HD I' m ready to update my miniscule entertainment system
in a few months to fit my new location.

Truth be told, I love my home theater, and I' d recommend getting a projector IF, and only IF, you have a room that' s strictly dedicated to a home theater setup. With a projector, ambient light KILLS the picture. There are some projectors that are better at a higher light output than mine, but usually you compromise contrast with those.

Basically, if you' re going to get a projector, let me know, as I' ve done a LOT of research when I was buying mine, and know of some valuable resources.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Gearwhores - Aug 30, 2006 04:42
Just got my PC!

4000+ AMD 64
2GB DDR3200 RAM
1GP 7950GTX2 MSI Graphicscard
2x160SATA disks in a striped raid.
20,1" Widescreen TFT monitor!

mmmmmmmmmm

i havent tested anything yet! since the games i play are on steam ;( still downloading!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Gearwhores - Aug 30, 2006 05:46
Chee Saw I' m getting a projector - I' m thinking about Sanyo PLV-Z4 (mostly) and Panasonic PT-AE900E - are there any lags when your input is 480p (I' m thinking Wii here) and are projectors like that good for HD gaming (I mean response time and shit) - these two are LCD based after all.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Gearwhores - Aug 30, 2006 07:18

4000+ AMD 64
2GB DDR3200 RAM
1GP 7950GTX2 MSI Graphicscard
2x160SATA disks in a striped raid.
20,1" Widescreen TFT monitor!

Nasty, How many Kidneys you sell for that?
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Gearwhores - Aug 30, 2006 11:57
I got a Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty and it is f' n awesome. Music and movies sound way way better with the 24-bit crystalizer. I highly recommend any X-Fi because they can all do the crystalizer. I just got the fatality version because I could get it for $150.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Gearwhores - Aug 30, 2006 18:19

Nasty, How many Kidneys you sell for that?

nothing im the head of IT where i work! So its a work benefit
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Gearwhores - Aug 30, 2006 20:34

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

Chee Saw I' m getting a projector - I' m thinking about Sanyo PLV-Z4 (mostly) and Panasonic PT-AE900E - are there any lags when your input is 480p (I' m thinking Wii here) and are projectors like that good for HD gaming (I mean response time and shit) - these two are LCD based after all.

My lcd projector performs GREAT when gaming with my 360! Trust me, you won' t run into any problems there.

The question is, are you gonna have your projector doing any upscaling? I mean, are you gonna have a VCR or a standard definition (interlaced) signal going to it? If you are, then do NOT get the Sanyo! It sucks when upconverting. When it comes to a progressive signal then it performs fine.

The Sanyo has a LOT of little niceties built in, but I prefer the picture on the Panasonic. As far as I' m concerned, the Panasonic is THE BEST at that price range! The only reason I did not get that very projector was because I got a really good deal on the Sony.

If you visit California anytime soon, you can stop buy and play some games on my setup! Then you' ll see, projectors perform perfectly with HD signals (both video games, and movies, even with lots of action, color, and contrast)!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Gearwhores - Aug 30, 2006 20:46
That' s what I' ve heard :) Thanks for the invitation :)

Can you tell me what makes PAnasonic better in your personal view?

I know that Sanyo is much sharper , but Panasonic is brighter (and I have a perfectly dark room when I play or watch movies so it' s not that important to me) and has no visible pixels (which isn' t any advantage for me - I' m planning to sit at the right distance).

Are there any other differences to consider?

Tell me how do 480p DVD movies (through RCA component) look on thoose projectors comparing to an CRT SDTV ?

I mean - is it better to buy some upscalling device?

Do you think that Wii games (in 480p) might have some lag?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Gearwhores - Aug 31, 2006 09:34
locopuyo I just got my X-Fi Xtremusic and like you said X-fi' s are awsome.

Do you think that Wii games (in 480p) might have some lag?

Why would it lag?
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 31 Aug 06 1:35:32 >
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Gearwhores - Aug 31, 2006 11:58

ORIGINAL: locopuyo

I got a Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty and it is f' n awesome. Music and movies sound way way better with the 24-bit crystalizer. I highly recommend any X-Fi because they can all do the crystalizer. I just got the fatality version because I could get it for $150.

Heh, $200 LCDs, $150 sound systems, someone' s on a tight budget.

Get a job.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Gearwhores - Aug 31, 2006 16:50

Why would it lag?

Some TV' s and other devices take longer to upscale lower resolution to 720p - it' s most notable when those upscalers need to deinterlace at the same time (from 480i).

This creates a delay, between your input and action performed on screen, that makes some games unplayable.
locopuyo

RE: Gearwhores - Sep 01, 2006 02:32
X-Fi Fatal1ty is the best there is.... have fun on your lagtastic LCD.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Gearwhores - Sep 01, 2006 04:11
X-FI is the best LOW END audio device that' s perfect for gaming and casual MP3 listening - it' s far from good when you consider listening on a nice High End AMP
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Gearwhores - Sep 01, 2006 06:42
I think everyone who buys an X-Fi are gamers first rather then someone who wants to create music. In its own market X-Fi isn' t " low end" .
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Gearwhores - Sep 01, 2006 07:29
I dont get it, why do people spend thousands on expensive audio equipment, how can you tell the differance, wont all your music have to be an insanely large bit rate just to notice the best quailty?

I have a scoundcard I bought for 17 euros. Does the job.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 31 Aug 06 23:30:35 >
Evil Man

RE: Gearwhores - Sep 01, 2006 12:04

ORIGINAL: locopuyo

X-Fi Fatal1ty is the best there is.... have fun on your lagtastic LCD.

I already exchanged it for a westinghouse, it' s much better and only a few hundred more.

Have fun on your 4:3 $200 LCD though, and remember to clean the screen after each session, the breath residue you leave from having to sit so close to that little thing isn' t good for the LCD screen and god knows you need to protect your little $200 investment, lol.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 1 Sep 06 6:09:22 >
Evil Man

RE: Gearwhores - Sep 01, 2006 12:13

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

I think everyone who buys an X-Fi are gamers first rather then someone who wants to create music. In its own market X-Fi isn' t " low end" .

So you have to be a musician to appreciate the superior quality of high end audio equipment?

Please.

I' m sure the x-fi has plenty of " bang for the buck" and I' d probably get it for my kids or something, but deffinetely not for me.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 1 Sep 06 4:17:02 >
locopuyo

RE: Gearwhores - Sep 01, 2006 15:22

I dont get it, why do people spend thousands on expensive audio equipment, how can you tell the differance, wont all your music have to be an insanely large bit rate just to notice the best quailty?

That is the whole point of the X-Fi. The new thing called the 24-Bit Crystalizer makes mp3' s and other sounds that don' t cover the whole frequency range sound better. It sort of stretches out the range to cover up the whole range (you have control over how much). Everything just sounds way better.

What do you guys think is funnier? Evil Man being a parent and behaving like an 8 year old on the forums or Evil Man being an 8 year old and pretending to be a parent on the forums?
]GaNgStA[

RE: Gearwhores - Sep 01, 2006 18:32

Yeah - I was saying that - it' s great for games , but it' s not a great Sound card in overall (if you care for audio quality)

I have a scoundcard I bought for 17 euros. Does the job.

That' s exactly what I thought before I heard good audio.MP3 format is my enemy now and the only way I like to listen to it is " on the go" .

You don' t need higher bitrate (CD' s,FLAC files sound amazingly good) - you just need equipment that won' t downgrade quality.Good amplifier,Speakers (well placed) , good cables (especially good cables).

Have fun on your 4:3 $200 LCD though, and remember to clean the screen after each session, the breath residue you leave from having to sit so close to that little thing isn' t good for the LCD screen and god knows you need to protect your little $200 investment, lol.

:)

That' s why PC gaming is a NO GO for me - I like to sit relaxed far from the BIG screen.
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 9 of 11, messages 161 to 180 of 206

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll