Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Gearwhores
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 7 of 11, messages 121 to 140 of 206
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Gearwhores - Aug 27, 2006 03:03
Come on guys he doesn' t have rats occupying his floor space. Rats don' t like wallowing in the mud.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Gearwhores - Aug 27, 2006 05:46
You seem to know much about rats...
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Gearwhores - Aug 27, 2006 08:17
Because he is a rat.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Gearwhores - Aug 27, 2006 08:31

ORIGINAL: Evil Man

Because he is a rat.

Nah, it' s because he read an article about your caveman-esque family in National Geographic.
Evil Man

RE: Gearwhores - Aug 27, 2006 08:34
No it' s because he is a ratman, like Splinter.

And lol @ some european guy living in a country where 99% of the population still uses SDTVs calling me a caveman.
Nitro

RE: Gearwhores - Aug 27, 2006 08:46

And lol @ some european guy living in a country where 99% of the population still uses SDTVs calling me a caveman.

Good point.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Gearwhores - Aug 27, 2006 15:15
Okay it is true I am a ninja, but I ain' t no dirty rat.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Gearwhores - Aug 27, 2006 15:37

ORIGINAL: Evil Man

That was quite funny!

Seriously tho, excluding HD take up rates; the UK has always been ahead of the world in terms of boradcast signal standards.

Radio: All FM stations use a sensible tuner spacing, allowing more stations, RDS is a pre-requisite, and the content is actually good. DAB is the leading standard in the world for digital quality radio too.

TV: PAL = Picture Always Lovely NTSC = Never The Same Colour (twice)

It' s amazing that you guys put up with ntsc for years without complaining about picture quality when we had a 100+ scanlines, and digital nuicam stereo subcarrier from like 1980! This was available before NTSC was invented! No wonder you needed HD so bad! Until a few years ago, it was always really easy to spot US programmes a mile off due to their bad quality. HD is your saviour!

But it was thanks to the US that THX / Dolby etc.. surround systems came about - ever were invented, so it' s kind of a draw!

sorry, i' ll take my lab coat off now!
ginjirou

RE: Gearwhores - Aug 27, 2006 17:47
Are you guys so stupid that you think the way he does? I thought no one with a brain measured how civilized a nation is by counting the amount of HDTV' s or broadcast signals. That technology is only good for entertainment anyway so I guess americans are good at entertaining themselves.
Americans are a big bunch of overweight (the fattest nation in the world), racist (I only saw black people after Katrina or whatever that bitch was called), war maniacs (the only " civilized" western country that still fights wars) who don' t know shit about the rest of the world.
They have no grand history, no uniqe culture and no ancient technology to be proud of. All they have is a big mix of everything which they borrowed from the rest of the world. And still they look down on other nations.
Most of the bad, stupid and unrefined products comes from the U.S.
Stupid TV-shows, unhealthy fast food, nuclear weapons, bad behaviour and language (a president that shows " fuck you" at the camera before broadcast and speaks like a hillbilly).
It' s a nation where people worship Paris Hilton. A nation where the vast majority of the population is extremely religious to the point of fanatism. A nation where most people believe in the Bible' s version of how the world was made and that Darwins evolution theory is a lie. A nation that still don' t use the metric system (there' s only three countries in the world who doesn' t use it). A nation where people are allowed to, and actually get, guns to defend them at their homes. A nation so scared by terrorism that they give up all their freedom to the government just to feel safe. A nation where schools have security guards.
HOW FUCKING CIVILISED IS THAT?!?! FUCKING CAVE MEN!!!!!!
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 27 Aug 06 10:10:26 >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Gearwhores - Aug 27, 2006 17:53
Aww...
ginjirou

RE: Gearwhores - Aug 27, 2006 17:54
Hey, not all of you are bad. USA is a great nation. However, if you talk shit about us Europeans, you' ll get what you deserve.
Nitro

RE: Gearwhores - Aug 27, 2006 19:13
Bravo ginjirou!

Ofcourse that' s a VERY broad generalization and many Americans are awesome people and their country is a vast paradise. The American people are not well represented on the world stage and their government is only doing them harm.

Everything ginjirou said is true and most Europeans se it that way, but as i said it' s a VERY broad generalization.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Gearwhores - Aug 27, 2006 20:59

This was available before NTSC was invented! No wonder you needed HD so bad! Until a few years ago, it was always really easy to spot US programmes a mile off due to their bad quality. HD is your saviour!

...i wondered why early Next Generation re-runs look so bad......

It' s a nation where people worship Paris Hilton

...hell yeah!......

....i think Ms. Hilton is a fantastic role-model and a credit to her country... ...GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 27 Aug 06 13:12:25 >
Evil Man

RE: Gearwhores - Aug 28, 2006 00:12
LOL @ this guy caling americans religious fanatics, yeah because we' re the intolerant fuckheads that killed 6 million jews, and wiped out entire regions of african people via slave trade for hundreds of years, and we' re the country in which people fled from to gain religious freedom - no wait, all of that was the european scumbags.

Please.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 27 Aug 06 16:21:05 >
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Gearwhores - Aug 28, 2006 02:08
I' m so fucking pissed off at your post ginjirou. That is the biggest pile of stereotpical, generalized, ignorant and heavily incorrect bullshit I have read in a while. I wrote a 2 page long rebutle to it but my computer crashed as I was finishing up. I' m so pissed I' m not even going to rewrite it. You have seriously lost my respect.
ginjirou

RE: Gearwhores - Aug 28, 2006 02:20
Interesting. You got mad? Must mean there' s some truth to my words since otherwise you would' ve just brushed it of and think of me as stupid.
Look, the US is far from the worst nation in the world, it' s one of the best nations. But when you guys (Evil Man, he' s a bad representative for your country) call other nations (in this case the whole Europe) cave men, you can' t just expect me to sit here and take that shit. Just admit that your nation is pretty screwed up sometimes. I know Europe and Sweden is too, but at least I don' t go insult the US all the time nor do I find my country superior in any way. That' s what made me write that post, narrowminded Americans who think they' re the best.
Are you saying my post contains lies? Please, prove me wrong.
I love America and appreciate lots of what the country has done, but I' m not a fucking dog who licks your asses when you start bad mouthing my parts of the world. So shut the fuck up! You' re pissed? Then what the fuck am I? Infuriated!!!!!!!Also, notice my other post:

Hey, not all of you are bad. USA is a great nation. However, if you talk shit about us Europeans, you' ll get what you deserve.

Can' t you take some critisism without being pissed of like a little kid? Geez, that' s so wrong!

EDIT:
I should also explain that I didn' t want to offend americans in any way by writing that post. I was merely trying to show Evil Man that insulting Europe by calling us cave men with the motivation that we don' t have the same adoption rate of HDTV' s is pretty stupid. I know that what I wrote was a very big generalization where I exaggerate the stereotypical image of the bad side of americans. I do apologize if anyone felt offended as that was not my intention.
I realise that what I wrote was not the best way to counter Evil Man' s insults but I do stand by my opinion that the U.S. is in no way more civilized than Europe, especially if it would be because of the HDTV adoption rate.
In reply to Evil Man' s post: Stop living in the past.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 27 Aug 06 19:00:48 >
Rampage99

RE: Gearwhores - Aug 28, 2006 04:01

Americans are a big bunch of overweight (the fattest nation in the world), racist (I only saw black people after Katrina or whatever that bitch was called), war maniacs (the only " civilized" western country that still fights wars) who don' t know shit about the rest of the world.
They have no grand history, no uniqe culture and no ancient technology to be proud of. All they have is a big mix of everything which they borrowed from the rest of the world. And still they look down on other nations.
Most of the bad, stupid and unrefined products comes from the U.S.
Stupid TV-shows, unhealthy fast food, nuclear weapons, bad behaviour and language (a president that shows " fuck you" at the camera before broadcast and speaks like a hillbilly).
It' s a nation where people worship Paris Hilton. A nation where the vast majority of the population is extremely religious to the point of fanatism. A nation where most people believe in the Bible' s version of how the world was made and that Darwins evolution theory is a lie. A nation that still don' t use the metric system (there' s only three countries in the world who doesn' t use it). A nation where people are allowed to, and actually get, guns to defend them at their homes. A nation so scared by terrorism that they give up all their freedom to the government just to feel safe. A nation where schools have security guards.
HOW FUCKING CIVILISED IS THAT?!?! FUCKING CAVE MEN!!!!!!

What you do is disagree but you don' t come back with attacks about other countries. I didn' t want to have to rewrite those two pages but now you' ve made me.

1- Overweight... sure a lot of people here are overweight but that' s personal choice. I' m personally in great shape and plan on running a marathon within the next couple of years. We may be the fattest country but your statement was overly generalized. We also produce some of the best athletes in the world as well.

2- The racist card is heavily over played. I' m sick of hearing about how racist we are. I don' t know what the hell you are talking about with the whole Katrina thing either. That made no sense.

3- War Machine? Dude, Europe was right there with us in war within the past 100 years several times. It' s too soon after WWII to say you guys are all done with war. With all the stuff going on in the Middle East (namely with Israel and stuff now) WWIII isn' t that far off and you' ll probably be right back into the fray.

4- Don' t know shit about the rest of the world? Tell that to all my endless classes of world history, geography, and other world studies classes I went through.

5- " Grand History" is a fucking joke. Just because we are a young nation and lack a huge background doesn' t make us any less of a country. The US' s history is tame compared to European history which is all blood and war. European history is fucked up but I' m not even going to get into that.

6- I don' t give a fuck that I don' t have a unique culture. I' m proud that the US is built of so many different backgrounds. I embrace being able to interact with so many different types of people. I' m also very happy with having so many cultures in my family line. You put down American culture but American culture is just a reflection of the rest of the world since we have all the cultures here.

7- Ancient technology... wtf do I care about that. Right now I' m more concerned about new technology that will further us as human beings. The US is on the forefront of scientific research. That' s what matters.

8- What' s wrong with mixing cultures? Isn' t that what everyone wants? Everyone uniting no matter what their background is? Seems fine to me. Again... we are a very new country in comparison to Europe. You' re not even giving us a chance to grow. It' s not like your ancestor' s are native to Europe.

9- The only time I look down on other countries is when people like you poorly represent them.

10- Every country produces unrefined products. Hell the vast majority of stuff we own here in the US is made in other countries and they fall apart left and right. Other than cars I prefer my stuff American made. If our products are so unrefined why do other countries keep buying them?

11- Sure our TV sucks here. Imo, all TV sucks. I' ve seen what people watch in other countries and it' s just as crappy as what we have here. This is such a pointless argument when you started off talking about how televisions don' t measure a civilization.

12- Unhealthy fast food is everywhere here but that' s the trade off for convenience. Other countries have taken to it as much as we have. I personally don' t eat fast food. I' m an athlete. I watch what I eat.

13- Nuclear weapons ended WWII. They also brought about new forms of power that people all around the world benefit from. We weren' t the only ones working on the nuke; we were just smart enough to get it done first. Germany was far more advanced with it before Hitler halted the project.

14- Bad language wasn' t invented here. We aren' t the ones that came up with all the common four letter curse words so I don' t know what you are talking about. Bad behavior is in the eyes of the beholder. Every country has trouble makers.

15- Paris Hilton is a fucked up ugly bitch ass whore (pardon my language). The only reason she is always shown on TV and crap is because she wants to be. She is worth billions and she gets what she wants. Most people can' t stand her.

16- Our country isn' t full of religious fanatics. We do have fanatics but that' s an extremely small percentage of our population. Right now religion is being driven out of our country which is a shame, imo. I' m very religious but I will never force my beliefs of God on another person. That was a very ignorant statement.

17- I do believe the Bible explains the creation of the world. I don' t believe the world was created in 7 days. You aren' t supposed to read it like that. It' s supposed to give you an understanding of God' s power. Many countries other than the US believe the same thing. Darwin' s evolutionary theory is just that, a theory. It' s can' t be proven and therefore has no more substance than any old bible passage. I believe in both the Bible and evolution. It' s not hard to accept both.

18- We use the metric system in all of our sciences. Just because we don' t use it for construction, sports, and driving doesn' t make us dumb. We are perfectly fine with out system. If it' s not broken don' t fix it. That' s such a stupid argument.

19- I' m proud to be the owner of a fairly large gun collection. I also like the ability to defend my family. I have 5 younger siblings and if someone were to break into my house and try to do anything to them I will defend them. The minutes it takes for a cop to get to my house could mean the difference between life and death for a child.

20- We aren' t terrified of terrorism. What 9/11 did was open our eyes. We realized we aren' t invincible and I' ll be the first to admit we were ignorant to ever think such a thing. We really haven' t given up our freedom. The only change in my life since 9/11 is that whenever I fly I have to stand in a long ass line to get my bags checked. I don' t mind though. I' m not anymore afraid of dying than I was before 9/11. All terrorism did was unite us more... until the media split us in two again.

21- So what if school' s have security guards? We have one guard per school. They are normally really nice and cool to talk to. All they ever do is have random drug searches. I personally like having a security guard at school. There’s nothing wrong with it.

22- Your last little out burst sums it all up. Calling us cavemen is crap. There was nothing civilized about your post other than blatant attacks. Notice how all I did was defend my country without attacking Europe. That’s all you had to do. Defend yourself. Don' t make ignorant generalizations about my country. I didn' t fit under the vast majority of stuff you said.

I' m not going to stand for my country being attacked. I won' t stand for anyone' s home country being attacked in these forums. It' s petty and childish. You had no right to go on a tangent like you did. Now reading that this was in response to Evil Man I can see why you were pissed but you should have been the bigger man. There is no reason to attack a whole country for some bullshit that dribbles out of Evil Man' s mouth. I don' t know why everyone hasn' t blocked that kid yet. I didn' t even know he made those attacks on Europe because I can' t see any of his posts.

I accept your apology for the post. Hopefully we can end it here. There are much bigger things to worry about than how a TV labels the status of a country.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Gearwhores - Aug 28, 2006 05:42
How can you disagree with what ginjirou said? Most of it is TRUE! you can say it was a generalization, duh he was talking about a whole nation. One thing I think is foolish about both Rampage' s and ginjourou' s argument is arguing about history. Most Americans originate from Europe thus we have the same fucking history when you look far enough down the line.

I think what ginjirou was trying to say is that America as a nations is very egotistical and nationalist. The only reason they are this way is due to their ignorance on other nations. At the same time there are a lot of stupid shit that goes on with this country (like any other) so Americans aren' t in a position to look down at anyone.

One example is this. I' m Canadian, and a friend of mine was camping with his family a few years ago. They were on a dirt road which lead to the woods near mountains. They pulled over to check their map when they saw this car drive past them. The car was playing loud music and had skis and snow boards tied to the top of the car. The car turned around and pulled over next to my friend. They rolled down the window and said,

" hey we' re American and we' re on vacation, we' re a little lost maybe you can help us out."

Friend:" Sure, where you heading?

Americans:" We' ve been driving for 18 hours and we still can' t find any snow, we want to go skiing. I thought Canada had lots of snow."

Friend:*Laughs histarically* Uh yeah we do just not in July!

LMAO, it baffles me that some people could be so stupid.
Rampage99

RE: Gearwhores - Aug 28, 2006 06:05

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

How can you disagree with what ginjirou said? Most of it is TRUE! you can say it was a generalization, duh he was talking about a whole nation.

I can disagree and I gave reasons for each thing. Most were bad examples of generalizations.

As far as your story is concerned, those people were just dumb. It' s not an American thing. I lived in Minnesota most of my life and I know where snow is. Using that example of Americans is once again, a bad example. that' s one incident and doesn' t reflect the vast majority of people that live in the States.

It' s amazing how everyone makes the arguement that the US looks down at the rest of the world but it' s the US that always seems to be taking the most criticism. I think the whole country debate needs to just end in this thread and we need to get back on topic.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Gearwhores - Aug 28, 2006 06:15
We' re all fucked up, we' re all ignorant in some way or another, and we' re all just killing time til the inevitable.

Anyhow I got a few questions:

1. Do Mitsubishi make good TVs?

2. I want a big ass HDTV for under $5,000 however, Projectors are sounding quite nice these days. Which would give me BIG but also be good for the money and stay within my price range?
--This wont be for a good 5+months from now.

3. Got any surround sound systems for recomendation?

Even tho I just got into HD I' m ready to update my miniscule entertainment system
in a few months to fit my new location.
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 7 of 11, messages 121 to 140 of 206

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll