Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Gearwhores
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 3 of 11, messages 41 to 60 of 206
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Gearwhores - Jul 31, 2006 12:33
That' s the native resolutin? So it' s 5:4... same thing. Get widescreen next time.

< Message edited by Evil Man -- 31 Jul 06 4:34:53 >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Gearwhores - Jul 31, 2006 12:46
Learn to keep your ignorant ass out of other peoples business, unless you plan to put up a rational opinion.

Could' ve easily said " Hey man wait til you see what that shit looks like in widescreen. It' s rather nice to have the full screen at your use without it being cut down by black bars." Or somthing of the sort. Instead you gotta come bouncing in with some stupid ass shit that for some fucking reason keeps dripping out your mouth. No wait their is a reason why shit keep coming out your mouth. Sucking daddy' s dick seems to be feeling you up and flooding your system!

EDIT: Noticed you changed up your wording form " Learn to get widescreen" to " Get widescreen next time." Seems a bit more tame eh. Can you try and keep it that way?

And yes I may have gotten a bit carried away with my statment, but regardless it doesn' t deter the fact that you come off as a rather arrogant individual instead of someone with an opinion on somthing.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 31 Jul 06 4:49:28 >
Mass X

RE: Gearwhores - Jul 31, 2006 12:52
It took me some time to find a TV under $1000 that offered specs similar to the very nice Samsuang TVs.

Finally came across the Syntax Olevia tv' s. Almost exact specs as the Samsuang of same size just minus a feature or 2 and a bit lower of a contrast ratio. Got the 26" Widescreen for $550.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 31 Jul 06 4:52:59 >
Evil Man

RE: Gearwhores - Jul 31, 2006 13:34
Watch your mouth, kid.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 31 Jul 06 5:38:26 >
Mass X

RE: Gearwhores - Jul 31, 2006 16:26
Glad you noted my youthful looks, almost a curse perse as I have to deal with getting carded and what not.

So wise old man(I only assume) what gives you the notion that I am of the teenage group? Is it my ass? Are you looking at my ass you wise...er I should say creepy old man now, huh?

Anyhow as I stated before I may have gone a bit overboard with that statement. However, as stated before you should be less arrogant and more helpful. Instead of attacking him simply because he does not have an uber fancy setup you couldve easily suggested some TVs that he could check out if his budget persists.

Instead you simply come on barging in with your ever so trade marked jackassery style.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 31 Jul 06 8:26:30 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Gearwhores - Jul 31, 2006 20:00
Evil Man *smirks* ...what make and model is that TV?! Is it a CRT?!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Gearwhores - Aug 01, 2006 01:16
they don' t make CRT bigger than 36" -If I remember correctly that is.

Loco - gaming on a PC monitor sucks - I' d rather play on PC than be playing any console in a typical PC style setting.Don' t you like to sit back and relax on your comfy couch while playing on a big screen?

I would honestly rather play on a big SD TV than on a small monitor.
Nitro

RE: Gearwhores - Aug 01, 2006 02:32

Loco - gaming on a PC monitor sucks - I' d rather play on PC than be playing any console in a typical PC style setting.Don' t you like to sit back and relax on your comfy couch while playing on a big screen?

Says the guy still playing games in 480i.

You sem to have no idea what kind of difference HD resolutions make to console gaming. Just ask Mass, he' s not long had a HDTV and he' ll tell you it makes a world of difference.

loco' s new monitor is nice, i just hope it' s 19" or above. I' m using a 23" CRT monitor and playing in 720p. It fucking rocks compared to my 28" SDTV.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Gearwhores - Aug 01, 2006 07:14
It is a 19" . To the left is my 22" CRT. It actually looks a lot better on the LCD even though it is 3 inches smaller. The insanely fast 2 ms response time makes a huge difference. I have a comfortable leather chair that I sit in while I play PC and 360.
When I have friends over we play on the 33" TV downstairs. It isn' t HD but it has a nice picture with component video. With only 2 of us we still sometimes play on the monitor because HD is just that much better.

Back in the days of Halo 1 the 4 of us prefered to play in 480p on my 17 inch CRT monitor over my friends 27" Standard TV. It gives you a definite advantage. Now my roomate has a 32" LCD HDTV so we play on that or both.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Gearwhores - Aug 01, 2006 07:37

You sem to have no idea what kind of difference HD resolutions make to console gaming. Just ask Mass, he' s not long had a HDTV and he' ll tell you it makes a world of difference.

You can play smart-ass all you like but most of us have seen HD on PC' s way before 360 and while it' s great to have , I wouldn' t want to play on a small monitor.I love gaming on my 36" 480i SD TV :)

Sure I' d prefer a nice 100" plasma, but I' m into SD systems too much and upscalling is still a big problem (lag) these days (unless you pay a bit more for a special device).

HD is the right direction , but I wouldn' t prefer playing HD on my DS screen to playing on a home TV - and that' s pretty much the difference here (a bit exegerated but just a bit) :)
Nitro

RE: Gearwhores - Aug 01, 2006 08:39

ou can play smart-ass all you like but most of us have seen HD on PC' s way before 360 and while it' s great to have , I wouldn' t want to play on a small monitor.I love gaming on my 36" 480i SD TV :)

Playing games in high resolutions on PC' s with the amount of details and effects present in games like GRAW on 360 qould require an absolute beast of a PC. The graphics card would ave to be able to do HDR too, and then it' d have to keep it at playable framerates.

What kind of PC do you have?

Sure I' d prefer a nice 100" plasma

Plasma?

Well since DLP > LCD > Plasma, it' d be MY last choice.
Evil Man

RE: Gearwhores - Aug 01, 2006 19:22
480i games on HDTV look like shit, 480i is like 240p, and when your TV' s native rez is 720p it has to blow up the image almost 3 times to make it fit, which make it look like shit. 480p games dont look that bad though, the image would only get blown up like 30% or so.

Anyway, I was looking at the paper and saw a 1080P 37" LCD HDTV for sale at Fry' s Electronics for only $1200, I may get it, that is the cheapest I' ve ever seen a 1080p TV and it says the offer ends August 1... as in today.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 1 Aug 06 11:27:32 >
Nitro

RE: Gearwhores - Aug 01, 2006 20:05

Check out my awesome aluminum blinds!!!! But seriously, that' s my modest set-up.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Gearwhores - Aug 02, 2006 07:04
...there' s no way that i' d settle for playing games on a tiny 19" LCD either... ...no argument about response times or whatever could ever sway me from the fact that gaming, like movies, MUST be done on a HUUUUUUGE screen...

...that' s why i still don' t have a 360...

....i can sort of understand why a PC gamer might be cool with it, due to those minute screen sizes being all that they have known in a gaming capacity, but for anyone else, the mere idea of such a thing is just plain laughable.....

...for now i' m gonna settle for playing Ninja Gaiden Black' s Mission Modes, Metal Gear 3: Subsistence and Final Fantasy XII on my phat-a$$ed 28" widescreen tv in my lounge.. ...where i can stretch and scratch my ballz without worrying about getting deep vein thrombosis...
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Gearwhores - Aug 02, 2006 07:33

MUST be done on a HUUUUUUGE screen...

...and to think I was gaming on a 14 inch portable tv [colour mind you] and thought I was lucky.

You kids.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Gearwhores - Aug 02, 2006 08:51

Well since DLP > LCD > Plasma, it' d be MY last choice.

It all depends on what model you compare, if it were that simple, plasma and LCD TV' s would be dead already.

I' m planning to get a nice 720p native LCD projector:

With well upscanning DVD player.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 2 Aug 06 0:52:47 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Gearwhores - Aug 02, 2006 10:57
Plasma isn' t dead yet?
]GaNgStA[

RE: Gearwhores - Aug 02, 2006 17:31
if it is , I haven' t heard of it :)

I wonder how SED is shaping up and when will it be available to mainstream market.
Nitro

RE: Gearwhores - Aug 02, 2006 20:07

ORIGINAL: locopuyo

Plasma isn' t dead yet?

Hahahahaha...

Plasma might get better black levels than LCD but that doesn' t make up for it' s setbacks. Aren' t plasma' s really cheap now though?
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Gearwhores - Aug 03, 2006 23:15
I keep telling you bastards, if you want 1080p, go to tigerdirect.com! Check this out...

50" 1080p for $1600!!!

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

I wonder how SED is shaping up and when will it be available to mainstream market.

I have this bad feeling that it' s gonna go the way of the Phantom, and become vaporware. I hope not, but there' s not a lot of info circulating about it, and that seems bad. VERY bad!
< Message edited by Chee Saw -- 3 Aug 06 15:18:06 >
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 3 of 11, messages 41 to 60 of 206

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread