Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Game Concept
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 8 of 12, messages 141 to 160 of 222
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Game Concept - Aug 25, 2006 06:44

What did you use for this Majik?

Photoshop and PSP. I started it in Photoshop and did the bulk of the work and touched it up in Paintshop Pro becasuse i couldn' t get the highlights quite right.

I' m working on something else now but i think i need to read through this thread from the beginning. I may have jumped the gun on what you two are aiming for.

When it comes to programming, I am a bit clueless (numbers and all that make my head spin).

Programming is evil!

Luckily for us Andy knows his shit (being a graduate in and course leader of a Games Technology degree and already having worked in the games industry) and should be able to provide some support. Although i expect he' ll be very busy this year and won' t actually be able to do much coding himself.

I suck at C++ but since i' m doing a BA and not a BSC i' ve not had much experience anyway. I know guys on BSC courses but all you need is somebody who knows an engine already.

What genre are we talking?!

O it' s that easy to obtain a source code huh?

Engines and souce codes (most notably Quake III' s) are freely available on the net.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Game Concept - Aug 25, 2006 06:59

Photoshop and PSP. I started it in Photoshop and did the bulk of the work and touched it up in Paintshop Pro becasuse i couldn' t get the highlights quite right.

Frikkin hell. That' s awesome what you came up with just using those alone.

Luckily for us Andy knows his shit (being a graduate in and course leader of a Games Technology degree and already having worked in the games industry) and should be able to provide some support. Although i expect he' ll be very busy this year and won' t actually be able to do much coding himself.

^5 Andy!

What genre are we talking?!

VX is aiming for something along the lines of Ico (with more action in it)..
That' s what caught my interest.

As you said, if you read it from the beginning, you' ll see how it all started.

^5 Andy!

Engines and souce codes (most notably Quake III' s) are freely available on the net.

*_* ^_^ *_* ^_^
Nitro

RE: Game Concept - Aug 25, 2006 07:08
Ah! I loved ICO and SotC!
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Game Concept - Aug 25, 2006 17:03

Wasn' t Marink doing that? Where in f*ck has he gone?

Sorry guys. I wasn' t sure if you actually wanted me to do it or not. What do you think then, VX?

I was also overwhelmed by all the magnificent artwork. I wish I could draw like that.

By the way, I' m going to Wales this weekend. So I will have to put it all on hold until I get back(unless I start today). Don' t worry, I shall return with some pretty creative ideas.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Game Concept - Aug 25, 2006 18:54
Im creating some backdrop about the world and about the main character, ill always write a premise about the general story, it should be up before the end of today! Ill also post some pictures that i have found, that might inspire people.

Ill get on it right now!
Vx Chemical

RE: Game Concept - Aug 25, 2006 19:04
Calender:
Year -1, Circle 21 AS (each age consists of 500 years, there is a countdown when the age starts, starting at 500 ending with the coming of the Shadow, the destroyer, sometimes the coming of the Unaram is early or late, and it way differ in up to 2 years everyway. AS means after the shadow)

Kingdom of Xararill:
Founded in the year 45, Circle 16, the eldest empire in the world of Goana. Having a rich history of 2500 years. The house of Murat having led the kingdom since year 399, Circle 20, having ruled for nearly 900 hundred years. The house of Murat was founded by Lord Murat after having discovered the ancient tomb of Emperor Xaralill the founder of the Kingdom, with Xaralills scepter which had been lost since the destruction of the Emperial City in year 0, Circle 18, for the first time in 1000 years a rightful ruler could step up and claim the Throne of power.
Xaralill has been a peaceful kingdom since the house of Murat took power in the year 399, Circle 20, before that, several factions in the kingdom struggled for control, several times almost destroying the kingdom.
Xaralill is placed on a large peninsula, the wastes at the northern border, the sea of whales along the coasts. The wastelands consists of tribes most of them loyal to Xaralill. Xaralill is a pearl in the world, consisting of fertile forests, lush rivers and plenty of farmland. The Emperial

Ameera of Murat:
Born Year 12, Circle 21
13 years old
5’1
101lbs
Dark Hair
Green Eyes
Ameera is the heir of the Xararill kingdom, being the lonely child of King Safwan III. Safwan (meaning Pure/solid) was assassinated in the year 6, by unknown assailants. Law decreeing that no heir under the age of 16 can rule a ward was given to Ameera to guide the land on her behalf. Thus Faisal of Rayad was appointed, Rayad having been a long standing ally with the house Murat. Faisal being the godfather of Ameera.
Ameera is a strong willed youth, eager to the day she can take over the faith of the kingdom, doing her best to advice Faisal to rule the way her father, and the way she wants to rule her kingdom. Not agreeing or trusting Faisal’s truce and alliance with the Northlanders. The Northlanders always having been pillaging the northern borders for the luxuries produced there, such as wine and gold.

The Shadow
The first known shadow was witnessed the year and current calendar was established by an unknown sorcerer. The shadow is “reborn” into a body of a human every 500th year. Any age between 5 and 50 can be affected. It is a common misunderstanding that the Shadow always wrecks havocs and destroys, as there are many accounts of benevolent Shadows using their powers for the forces of good and healing the sick, those these aren’t remembered as much because they leave no scars on the land. The Shadows coming is known by the appearance of the second moon, the dark twin, showing with a blood red shadow on the sky, day and night. The Shadow is always male.
The first known Shadow has been named Maralan the Destroyer, though no one really knows what his real name was. The second most important Shadow came in year 0, circle 18, his name was Huran. He called forth the armies of the beyond and destroyed the Imperial City of Xaralill, destroying valuable artifacts of history, the Scepter of Xaralill presumed destroyed. In an effort to destroy the white twin (the white moon) it is said he pulled a chunck of it from heaven and in his arrogance it feel on him, creating the crator of Huran.
There are many important Shadows in the history of the world, and they will be detailed as necessary.

Premise
When Faisal betrays the land of Xaralill, allowing the Northlander armies into the country in order to fully seal the alliance that was claimed to be in effect, the armies head for the Imperial City, destroying the palace, assasins sent by Faisal himself to kill Ameera nearly manage their task as “brute”, her sworn guardian comes to her rescue, barely escaping certain death the two find themselves lost in their own land filled with a hostile and strange army.
Just as the Black Twin shows on the sky, the two start a grand adventure, following the tracks of the coming Shadow to save him from falling into the hands of Faisal and the Northlander army, whilst escaping their pursues, arming to put the house of Murat back in power of Xaralill.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now names of cities and areas, and even certain characters, except Ameera, isnt finalized. It' s a base idea of the setting in which the game is to exist.

Tell me what you think, come with your ideas! Ill start penning out more of the plot!

Also ask if you have questions about some of it! i havent had time to read it through to see if it all makes sense :P
Marink

RE: Game Concept - Aug 25, 2006 20:18
I just want to get one thing straight first. So each " Circle" represents every 500 years? And then the " Year" is the remainder, if you will, from the beginning of the running Circle?
Vx Chemical

RE: Game Concept - Aug 25, 2006 20:22
That is correct Marink!
Marink

RE: Game Concept - Aug 25, 2006 20:34
Alright, just making sure. Feel free to post more details whenever you can.
Nitro

RE: Game Concept - Aug 25, 2006 20:41
What kind of creatures exist in this world?!
Vx Chemical

RE: Game Concept - Aug 25, 2006 20:45
Well that is up for us to decide. Creating new creatures not already known in high fantasy settings would be best. I like the beast you did.

Nitro

RE: Game Concept - Aug 25, 2006 20:54
I have something a bit special for you that i was working on last night and this morning. It' s not quite finished, maybe another hour before i can post it.
Vx Chemical

RE: Game Concept - Aug 25, 2006 21:00
Ill look forward to it! feel free, oif you wish to add some backdrop to the creatures.
Marink

RE: Game Concept - Aug 25, 2006 21:11

What kind of creatures exist in this world?!

Well, they should definetely be linked with the upcoming " Shadow" . Searching for a way to reawaking it earlier than usual, perhaps with the help of this mysterious Scepter that was presumed to be destroyed.

That' s just one idea though...

What do you think VX?
< Message edited by Marink -- 25 Aug 06 13:13:05 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Game Concept - Aug 25, 2006 21:14
The shadow is a person! who wields great magic, the reason he is named the shadow is because of the Evil Deeds some of the shadows have done, but just as many have been good, and even more have never been known, but have died before they learned to harness the powers. But yes the shadow could be able to summon demons, either good or bad ones!
Jessica Spencer

• Total Posts : 62
RE: Game Concept - Aug 25, 2006 21:24
I dont understand this. It mayhem. Good ones, bad ones , shadows, what?
< Message edited by Jessica Spencer -- 25 Aug 06 13:25:30 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Game Concept - Aug 25, 2006 21:24
then you shouldnt post here!
Nitro

RE: Game Concept - Aug 25, 2006 21:35

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Ill look forward to it! feel free, oif you wish to add some backdrop to the creatures.

I will do. I' ll post what i' ve been working on, then i' ll quickly put together some unconventional non-cliche creatures for you, then i' ll do some work with backdrops and some landscape stuff.

About Shadow, do you have something specific in mind for his appearance and where' s Tiz and his stuff?!
Vx Chemical

RE: Game Concept - Aug 25, 2006 21:36
The shadow is just a regular guy! I havent made up my mind to what age he should be this time around! maybe a kid, making him easy to mold either to good or evil, depending on who gets him?
Nitro

RE: Game Concept - Aug 25, 2006 22:05

Yes i realise it' s extremely cliche. I' ll start on some unconventional stuff right now and hopefully have something for you tonight.
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 8 of 12, messages 141 to 160 of 222

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll