Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)...
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 5 of 8, messages 81 to 100 of 151
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 08, 2007 06:41
It did,I saw no diffrence at all.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 08, 2007 13:36
Thats because they are identical. Everyone is trying to see a difference that isnt there. Face it, COD4 rapes on all systems. Sadly Im broke
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 08, 2007 14:00
Hopefully I' ll get a chance to pick it up tomorrow.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 08, 2007 14:15
uhg, I want it but I' m busy with PGR4, Halo 3 and TF2. And then there will be UT3 sometime later. Not to mention the other things in my life. I' ll probably end up getting it though. But should I get it on PC or 360?
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 08, 2007 15:22
Cod 4 and Assasins creed for $90 together at Best Buy. Glad that I put off buying CoD while I was busy with work.

Now I just have to figure out how to find time for Assasins, CoD, Mass Effect and Uncharted all within 2 weeks of each other.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 08, 2007 18:26
Just got my copy of CoD4, waiting on AC and ME as the kids want to buy me those for Christmas...who am I to deny them that pleasure
QuezcatoL

RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 08, 2007 19:17
Just got my copy too(cod4),and wait for those two games too,however I also wait for AC6 me funner+Ribcage is getting that.

Gonna be awesome.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 08, 2007 21:01
Oh crap how could I forget about AC6...hmm rethinking game buying strategy now, why do they have to release so many good titles so close to Christmas!!!!!
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 08, 2007 21:29
Arg, so annoying. Got my copy of COD4 today from Play, opened the box, only to find that the disc had a tiny 1mm bit of damage that had gone through from the front to crease the read surface!!! No damage to the box, so it must have been done at the factory before packaging! Wank.

So I' m going to have to return it for a replacement and wait.

Good thing is I got Gear PC too and that looks fine! I' ll post pics and stuff later.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 08, 2007 23:17

Just got my copy of CoD4, waiting on AC and ME as the kids want to buy me those for Christmas...who am I to deny them that pleasure

Don' t let Jack Thompson see ' em walking out of the store with those bad boys.
Agent Ghost

RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 09, 2007 06:54
Best game on 360.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 10, 2007 00:09

Looks identical.

The PS3 version has a slightly cooler palette, the 360 slightly warmer, but you' d have to be an idiot to make a purchase based on that alone.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 10, 2007 02:14

The PS3 version has a slightly cooler palette, the 360 slightly warmer, but you' d have to be an idiot to make a purchase based on that alone.

That' s the most obvious difference I' ve seen. I would like to have a ps3 copy of my own so I could run my 360 and ps3 at the same time in the same scenes and compare them, but I don' t feel like owning two copies just for that.

As far as multiplatform games, this seems to have the least amount of differences between the two consoles and proves that if you have a good dev that works hard on both versions, they can release a great and consistent product on each.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 10, 2007 06:50
and also if the good developer can push both systems that in fact there' s little to choose between them performance wise.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 10, 2007 06:52
I got this today, great game, really sucks you in, the whole presenation is top notch. Little disapointed with the textures though [ps3] lighting really makes up for it, altough i also would wish your player would cast a shadow and excist [like in fear and such] instead of just being and floating gun, the engine could easily pull off one less detailed player.

Have to play multi yet, who has the ps3 version?
QuezcatoL

RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 10, 2007 08:20
Me and funner rocked the hell out of the Americans today,damn we rocked we miss ribcage+may thai+Punkarbertil though,to make the Swe team complete.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 10, 2007 08:33

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

Agent Ghost

RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 10, 2007 12:34

I haven' t touched the single player yet, but online is amazing.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 12, 2007 09:04

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

I haven' t touched the single player yet, but online is amazing.

F*ckin' A

It was, until this afternoon, being all wierd and gay. It wouldn' t find any games whatsoever, nor would it tell me how many people were online - almost as if it wasn' t seeing the servers.

Quezcatol comes along and all of a sudden its working no problem. So after maxing out my rank in the beta i' m back to square one and having to learn the rest of the maps to boot. 2 hours in, i' m at level 9 and i have to go tend to some real world shit. I come back and Quez is offline, so i jump into a map all by myself to get a feel for where everything is etc... and who appears after about 5 minutes!?

Mass X.

So we go one on one for a few minutes until Quez decides to join us and we decide to finish the match and then play some ranked games. Mass and i had been even until Quez joined my team and ruined everything Mass, using multiple classes to confuse my dear Swedish comrade managed to actually beat the two of us. It wasn' t funny

Anyways, the game is probably the best online console experience available. Team Fortress 2, Gears, Halo 3, GRAW/2, Vegas, Warhawk etc etc etc... they all pale in comparison, and the best thing is that the online modes are identical in both versions. They look the same, they have all the same modes, maps weapons, etc... the PS3 version is just as flawless as the 360 version.

The same applies to the single player game too. There are minor (and i do mean minor) improvements in each version - the lighting/shadowing models are slightly different, as are the particle effects, and i' d probably give 360 and PS3 the edge respectively in each area. I' d also say that the PS3 version was slightly cleaner, although that may just be a component vs. HDMI thing. I might have a look at what the 360 version looks like through VGA...

Now the most controversial, and most compared area is the texture mapping, and here' s the thing...

360 appears to have slightly higher resolution, more detailed texturing. Nothing major, and the textures are nothing to write home about in either version anyway, but there are minor visible differences. It doesn' t apply to every surface, and many are identical, or at least as close as can be, ...but in some areas, if you take the time to go look closely at them the 360 version does look a little better. The hand/clothing texture also appears to be slightly more detailed in the 360 version.

HOWEVER, ...that' s only up close. Standing still and looking at an entire scene, it' d be extremely difficult to differentiate between the two. Ofcourse, you' re not supposed to stand still for very long, so any visual differences are null and void when you actually start moving. It' s a hell of a 3rd party game and Infinity Ward have done wonders on both systems, ...on PS3 especially given that it' s harder to code for.

Anyway, the one thing i have noticed is that the PS3 version looks like it has better anisotropic filtering. I' m not saying 360 doesn' t actually use it, but i' ve looked at the exact same scene running at the same time (granted there' s a half second delay as i switch inputs) and the PS3 versions textures do appear clearer at further distances. But like i said, when your actually playing the game it' s impossible to distinguish betwen them.

Could this be Game of the Year?

Definitely.

Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 14, 2007 21:14
So yeah the whole live problems is starting to annoy me. I tried to play like 20 games that never started or dropped after about a minute, and some I would get into would drop the people in my party. I ended up playing a lot of free-for-all just because it seemed to be one of the only ones that worked semi-reliably. I heard that MS has said they are problems as well as Infinity Ward.

I am the only one pissed about this or do you guys think it is normal?

I was rooting for this game from the start and still think it is awesome and am definitely not giving up on it, but it just seems like this is a little insane.

We really need to have a Kikizo party and just kick some serious ass. I have played with Quez, Agent, Mass, and I think that is all so two more people and we would have a full party. I think that would be fun and hopefully we can do it this weekend sometime.

Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 5 of 8, messages 81 to 100 of 151

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message