CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)...

Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 81 to 120 of 151
QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 08, 2007 06:41
It did,I saw no diffrence at all.
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 08, 2007 13:36
Thats because they are identical. Everyone is trying to see a difference that isnt there. Face it, COD4 rapes on all systems. Sadly Im broke
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 08, 2007 14:00
Hopefully I' ll get a chance to pick it up tomorrow.
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 08, 2007 14:15
uhg, I want it but I' m busy with PGR4, Halo 3 and TF2. And then there will be UT3 sometime later. Not to mention the other things in my life. I' ll probably end up getting it though. But should I get it on PC or 360?
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

Dagashi
  • Total Posts : 987
  • Reward points : 0
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 08, 2007 15:22
Cod 4 and Assasins creed for $90 together at Best Buy. Glad that I put off buying CoD while I was busy with work.

Now I just have to figure out how to find time for Assasins, CoD, Mass Effect and Uncharted all within 2 weeks of each other.

alijay034
  • Total Posts : 1433
  • Reward points : 1685
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 08, 2007 18:26
Just got my copy of CoD4, waiting on AC and ME as the kids want to buy me those for Christmas...who am I to deny them that pleasure

QuezcatoL
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 08, 2007 19:17
Just got my copy too(cod4),and wait for those two games too,however I also wait for AC6 me funner+Ribcage is getting that.

Gonna be awesome.

alijay034
  • Total Posts : 1433
  • Reward points : 1685
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 08, 2007 21:01
Oh crap how could I forget about AC6...hmm rethinking game buying strategy now, why do they have to release so many good titles so close to Christmas!!!!!

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 08, 2007 21:29
Arg, so annoying. Got my copy of COD4 today from Play, opened the box, only to find that the disc had a tiny 1mm bit of damage that had gone through from the front to crease the read surface!!! No damage to the box, so it must have been done at the factory before packaging! Wank.

So I' m going to have to return it for a replacement and wait.

Good thing is I got Gear PC too and that looks fine! I' ll post pics and stuff later.

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 08, 2007 23:17

Just got my copy of CoD4, waiting on AC and ME as the kids want to buy me those for Christmas...who am I to deny them that pleasure

Don' t let Jack Thompson see ' em walking out of the store with those bad boys.

Agent Ghost
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 09, 2007 06:54
Best game on 360.
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 10, 2007 00:09

Looks identical.

The PS3 version has a slightly cooler palette, the 360 slightly warmer, but you' d have to be an idiot to make a purchase based on that alone.

Dagashi
  • Total Posts : 987
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 10, 2007 02:14

The PS3 version has a slightly cooler palette, the 360 slightly warmer, but you' d have to be an idiot to make a purchase based on that alone.

That' s the most obvious difference I' ve seen. I would like to have a ps3 copy of my own so I could run my 360 and ps3 at the same time in the same scenes and compare them, but I don' t feel like owning two copies just for that.

As far as multiplatform games, this seems to have the least amount of differences between the two consoles and proves that if you have a good dev that works hard on both versions, they can release a great and consistent product on each.

Ornodeal
  • Total Posts : 645
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 10, 2007 06:50
and also if the good developer can push both systems that in fact there' s little to choose between them performance wise.

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 10, 2007 06:52
I got this today, great game, really sucks you in, the whole presenation is top notch. Little disapointed with the textures though [ps3] lighting really makes up for it, altough i also would wish your player would cast a shadow and excist [like in fear and such] instead of just being and floating gun, the engine could easily pull off one less detailed player.

Have to play multi yet, who has the ps3 version?
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

QuezcatoL
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 10, 2007 08:20
Me and funner rocked the hell out of the Americans today,damn we rocked we miss ribcage+may thai+Punkarbertil though,to make the Swe team complete.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 10, 2007 08:33

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

Agent Ghost
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 10, 2007 12:34

I haven' t touched the single player yet, but online is amazing.

Nitro
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 12, 2007 09:04

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

I haven' t touched the single player yet, but online is amazing.

F*ckin' A

It was, until this afternoon, being all wierd and gay. It wouldn' t find any games whatsoever, nor would it tell me how many people were online - almost as if it wasn' t seeing the servers.

Quezcatol comes along and all of a sudden its working no problem. So after maxing out my rank in the beta i' m back to square one and having to learn the rest of the maps to boot. 2 hours in, i' m at level 9 and i have to go tend to some real world shit. I come back and Quez is offline, so i jump into a map all by myself to get a feel for where everything is etc... and who appears after about 5 minutes!?

Mass X.

So we go one on one for a few minutes until Quez decides to join us and we decide to finish the match and then play some ranked games. Mass and i had been even until Quez joined my team and ruined everything Mass, using multiple classes to confuse my dear Swedish comrade managed to actually beat the two of us. It wasn' t funny

Anyways, the game is probably the best online console experience available. Team Fortress 2, Gears, Halo 3, GRAW/2, Vegas, Warhawk etc etc etc... they all pale in comparison, and the best thing is that the online modes are identical in both versions. They look the same, they have all the same modes, maps weapons, etc... the PS3 version is just as flawless as the 360 version.

The same applies to the single player game too. There are minor (and i do mean minor) improvements in each version - the lighting/shadowing models are slightly different, as are the particle effects, and i' d probably give 360 and PS3 the edge respectively in each area. I' d also say that the PS3 version was slightly cleaner, although that may just be a component vs. HDMI thing. I might have a look at what the 360 version looks like through VGA...

Now the most controversial, and most compared area is the texture mapping, and here' s the thing...

360 appears to have slightly higher resolution, more detailed texturing. Nothing major, and the textures are nothing to write home about in either version anyway, but there are minor visible differences. It doesn' t apply to every surface, and many are identical, or at least as close as can be, ...but in some areas, if you take the time to go look closely at them the 360 version does look a little better. The hand/clothing texture also appears to be slightly more detailed in the 360 version.

HOWEVER, ...that' s only up close. Standing still and looking at an entire scene, it' d be extremely difficult to differentiate between the two. Ofcourse, you' re not supposed to stand still for very long, so any visual differences are null and void when you actually start moving. It' s a hell of a 3rd party game and Infinity Ward have done wonders on both systems, ...on PS3 especially given that it' s harder to code for.

Anyway, the one thing i have noticed is that the PS3 version looks like it has better anisotropic filtering. I' m not saying 360 doesn' t actually use it, but i' ve looked at the exact same scene running at the same time (granted there' s a half second delay as i switch inputs) and the PS3 versions textures do appear clearer at further distances. But like i said, when your actually playing the game it' s impossible to distinguish betwen them.

Could this be Game of the Year?

Definitely.

Torr
  • Total Posts : 554
  • Reward points : 8100
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 14, 2007 21:14
So yeah the whole live problems is starting to annoy me. I tried to play like 20 games that never started or dropped after about a minute, and some I would get into would drop the people in my party. I ended up playing a lot of free-for-all just because it seemed to be one of the only ones that worked semi-reliably. I heard that MS has said they are problems as well as Infinity Ward.

I am the only one pissed about this or do you guys think it is normal?

I was rooting for this game from the start and still think it is awesome and am definitely not giving up on it, but it just seems like this is a little insane.

We really need to have a Kikizo party and just kick some serious ass. I have played with Quez, Agent, Mass, and I think that is all so two more people and we would have a full party. I think that would be fun and hopefully we can do it this weekend sometime.

Teardrop
  • Total Posts : 47
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 14, 2007 21:25
Thanks for that Nitro. It' s good to know the differences are negligible. I wonder whether more upcoming multiplatform games will be as similar? I guess it depends on which was the lead platform during development?

Nitro
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 14, 2007 23:35

ORIGINAL: Teardrop

I guess it depends on which was the lead platform during development?

D' ya think!?

canadagamer
  • Total Posts : 965
  • Reward points : 2805
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 15, 2007 02:01
Which could be bad news for cross platform games on the 360 in the future, since some studios are going to make the PS3 the lead platform on these multi platform games.
Most wanted games:

Mass Effect
Assasins Creed
Crysis
Little Big Planet
Drakes Fortune
UTIII
Kane and Lynch
Heavy Rain
Alan Wake

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 15, 2007 03:00
Yay for CoD4 for being there for me and keeping my mind off other things! Thanks more to those who have taken the time to play a few games with me and all that great stuff.

BTW I wasnt switching between classes I was using the Overkill perk which allows you to carry any combination of weapons. I had a R700 sniper rifle coupled with an MP5 sub machine gun. Now its a Berret .50 Cal...Im ready when you guys are.

Agent Ghost
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 15, 2007 03:03
I' m going on in 30 minutes or so.

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 15, 2007 18:28
just need to know what the hell is going on, i turned on my xbox this morning, put call of duty 4, and right after the enw mission has started , i noticed some weird artifacts, not the white squares but the games had some thin blue color lines, i kept playing for another 30 second trying to figure out wtf and then suddently the screen start blinking , turning on and off each 5 seconds... scared he hell out of me , i turned it off , let it " cool" for a few seconds, powered the beast and no problem after 1h of the game, does this shit happens sometimes ?
Listen to the wise

Nitro
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 15, 2007 18:35

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

just need to know what the hell is going on, i turned on my xbox this morning, put call of duty 4, and right after the enw mission has started , i noticed some weird artifacts, not the white squares but the games had some thin blue color lines, i kept playing for another 30 second trying to figure out wtf and then suddently the screen start blinking , turning on and off each 5 seconds... scared he hell out of me , i turned it off , let it " cool" for a few seconds, powered the beast and no problem after 1h of the game, does this shit happens sometimes ?

No. It sounds like your machine could be on it' s way out.

Abasoufiane
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 15, 2007 18:37
same thing happened to u? doesn' t 3 RROD happen sudddently?
Listen to the wise

Nitro
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 15, 2007 18:59

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

same thing happened to u? doesn' t 3 RROD happen sudddently?

Nah, the console that have died on me all went through wierd shit like this. The first didn' t even RROD at all, i just ended up a frozen image, with these horrible chequered lines. It' d play for a while and then just stop. It was a GPU problem and at first they didn' t want to take it back because i wasn' t getting red rings so i had to push it.

Just keep us posted if it continues doing it.

QuezcatoL
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 15, 2007 19:02
BRING ON THE RROD!!!!

Abasoufiane
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 15, 2007 19:07
i hope not man, i have no warranty, heck even if i did there is no way i can contact MS unless if i want to cost me a shit load of money and time... thank god some stores here fix this for 45$ but what really really kills me is that even if you fix it , same shit might happen again and very soon.

if this is a GPU problem, then why the problem appeared just after turning the console on the morning, there is no heat unless it has been mass effected last night, but as far as i know i turned it off fine. Again if that was a heat issue, then why playing COD 4 for almost an hour in a freaking intensive part of the game (i thought my xbox will blow with all the shit happening in the screen ) didn' t do anything. this is extremly weird for me, i had problems with GPUs and when shit happens it keeps happening, if artifacts show up, it will the next time you play it. i unplugued the power brick like i used to do before VX told me that it' s totally ok, as a matter of fact i didn' t ask him wheter his 360 died on him.
Listen to the wise

Nitro
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 15, 2007 19:21
It' s either that or a dodgy scaler chip, ...and i' d only been playing Gears [from cold] for about 10 minutes when my first machine had it' s seizure.

canadagamer
  • Total Posts : 965
  • Reward points : 2805
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 16, 2007 05:22
Wikid awesome!!!!!!!

My 360 finally was delivered to my house today, so I will finally have a go at the COD4 SP, as well as I will really be able to get into the MP!!!!!!

See you guys online!!!! Look for PredatoryElk.
Most wanted games:

Mass Effect
Assasins Creed
Crysis
Little Big Planet
Drakes Fortune
UTIII
Kane and Lynch
Heavy Rain
Alan Wake

mikayd2
  • Total Posts : 1129
  • Reward points : 13085
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 16, 2007 08:28
Are you guys playing on the 360 or the ps3. I only have the ps3 version. And man I am loving this game death match is crazy fun.

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 16, 2007 09:48

if this is a GPU problem, then why the problem appeared just after turning the console on the morning, there is no heat unless it has been mass effected last night, but as far as i know i turned it off fine.

It sounds like a typical GPU failure. I' ve never once seen color changes in scaler failure (if you had horizontal lines, I' d be a little more worried). The GPU separates under high stress condition & stays separated. It doesn' t go back together once it' s cooled down, so it' d still be busto when you turned it on next.

i hope not man, i have no warranty, heck even if i did there is no way i can contact MS unless if i want to cost me a shit load of money and time... thank god some stores here fix this for 45$ but what really really kills me is that even if you fix it , same shit might happen again and very soon.

When it finally dies on you, give me a holler. If it is indeed a GPU failure, with the right knowhow and about $11.75 USD I' ll get your box running in tip-top shape. Permanent-like.

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 16, 2007 10:40
A 12 dollar towel?

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 16, 2007 11:32

No. It sounds like your machine could be on it' s way out.
It has the same symptoms as my second machine. It started doing what yours is doing now, every hour or so, but then it stopped doing it, but two days later it was only lasting 30 seconds and then 2 days later I tried it and it had RROD.

Agent Ghost
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 16, 2007 12:23
If Cod4 doesn' t kill my machine I know Mass Effect will. So far it' s running fine, except the two minor problems I mentioned before. I don' t trust this thing one bit.

COD4 is the best game I' ve ever played though. I haven' t even touched the SP yet. Multiplayer kicks ass. Everything is so well thought out and optimized. I love the challenges and ranking system. I keeps everything balanced, it forces people to try different weapons and styles. The game modes are great, with a lot of variety. The weapons are wicked...

This game takes the best of COD2 and the best of COD3 and adds everything that was missing between the two. I LOVE IT!

Oh, and the perk system exponentially increases the depth of the game. Nothing feels overpowered. Everyone has their favorite. You feel like you hav the best set up until you try a different map or game mode and find that some perks are better suited in different situations. For example I like Juggernaut, Double tap and Stopping power but in Hardcore the faster reload is more useful than any of these as its much faster pace and even the weakest weapon kills instantly.

If I have one complaint it would be that the maps are not that great. I feel like I play the same ones over and over. It just doesn' t feel like there are enough maps. But you can bet your ass on map packs and expansions :).
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 16 Nov 07 5:46:52 >

Nitro
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 16, 2007 18:32

If Cod4 doesn' t kill my machine I know Mass Effect will. So far it' s running fine, except the two minor problems I mentioned before. I don' t trust this thing one bit.

That' s one of my biggest concerns right now. I' ve become so paranoid about playing new 360 games ahead of massive titles like Mass Effect

COD4 is the best game I' ve ever played though. I haven' t even touched the SP yet. Multiplayer kicks ass. Everything is so well thought out and optimized. I love the challenges and ranking system. I keeps everything balanced, it forces people to try different weapons and styles. The game modes are great, with a lot of variety. The weapons are wicked...

Oh, and the perk system exponentially increases the depth of the game. Nothing feels overpowered. Everyone has their favorite. You feel like you hav the best set up until you try a different map or game mode and find that some perks are better suited in different situations. For example I like Juggernaut, Double tap and Stopping power but in Hardcore the faster reload is more useful than any of these as its much faster pace and even the weakest weapon kills instantly.

I had a load of trouble getting into games at first and so by the time i was able to play online everybody was already at level 30+. I played the shit out of it the beta and so leveling up to wasn' t so much of a problem, especially seeing as maxing out each weapon gives you 1000 points. What i didn' t realize before last night is how badass the AK47 is. I' d pretty much stuck with the M4 until i unlocked the G3, but i needed the 1000 points from getting 100 kills with the AK so i had to use it.

Anyway, a suppressed AK47 with Double Tap and Steady Aim is fucking deadly on most maps. Shit at long range, but brutal close - medium. The G3 is probably my favourite weapon though and i' m glad it' s not fully auto like in the campaign. I now need to get to Level 38 (currently at 30) to unlock the G36C, and 40-whatever to unlock the M14.

The game is going to consume a serious amount of my free time and i' ll be downloading any additional content they put up, but i' m also going to have to find 18 hours for Assassins Creed and 30 hours + for Mass Effect and start from scratch in CoD4 on PS3... I haven' t even finished Naruto yet...

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 16, 2007 18:36
Yeah im really looking forward to COD4, though im busy with ratchet and clank right now (which is surprisingly good, and something entirely different than the rest of my games) and ill get Mass Effect next week.

COD4 looms over head though, cant wait to get my grubby dirty hands on it.

Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 81 to 120 of 151