Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)...
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 6 of 8, messages 101 to 120 of 151
Teardrop

• Total Posts : 47
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 14, 2007 21:25
Thanks for that Nitro. It' s good to know the differences are negligible. I wonder whether more upcoming multiplatform games will be as similar? I guess it depends on which was the lead platform during development?

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 14, 2007 23:35

ORIGINAL: Teardrop

I guess it depends on which was the lead platform during development?

D' ya think!?
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 15, 2007 02:01
Which could be bad news for cross platform games on the 360 in the future, since some studios are going to make the PS3 the lead platform on these multi platform games.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 15, 2007 03:00
Yay for CoD4 for being there for me and keeping my mind off other things! Thanks more to those who have taken the time to play a few games with me and all that great stuff.

BTW I wasnt switching between classes I was using the Overkill perk which allows you to carry any combination of weapons. I had a R700 sniper rifle coupled with an MP5 sub machine gun. Now its a Berret .50 Cal...Im ready when you guys are.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 15, 2007 03:03
I' m going on in 30 minutes or so.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 15, 2007 18:28
just need to know what the hell is going on, i turned on my xbox this morning, put call of duty 4, and right after the enw mission has started , i noticed some weird artifacts, not the white squares but the games had some thin blue color lines, i kept playing for another 30 second trying to figure out wtf and then suddently the screen start blinking , turning on and off each 5 seconds... scared he hell out of me , i turned it off , let it " cool" for a few seconds, powered the beast and no problem after 1h of the game, does this shit happens sometimes ?
Nitro

RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 15, 2007 18:35

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

just need to know what the hell is going on, i turned on my xbox this morning, put call of duty 4, and right after the enw mission has started , i noticed some weird artifacts, not the white squares but the games had some thin blue color lines, i kept playing for another 30 second trying to figure out wtf and then suddently the screen start blinking , turning on and off each 5 seconds... scared he hell out of me , i turned it off , let it " cool" for a few seconds, powered the beast and no problem after 1h of the game, does this shit happens sometimes ?

No. It sounds like your machine could be on it' s way out.
Abasoufiane

RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 15, 2007 18:37
same thing happened to u? doesn' t 3 RROD happen sudddently?
Nitro

RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 15, 2007 18:59

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

same thing happened to u? doesn' t 3 RROD happen sudddently?

Nah, the console that have died on me all went through wierd shit like this. The first didn' t even RROD at all, i just ended up a frozen image, with these horrible chequered lines. It' d play for a while and then just stop. It was a GPU problem and at first they didn' t want to take it back because i wasn' t getting red rings so i had to push it.

Just keep us posted if it continues doing it.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 15, 2007 19:02
BRING ON THE RROD!!!!
Abasoufiane

RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 15, 2007 19:07
i hope not man, i have no warranty, heck even if i did there is no way i can contact MS unless if i want to cost me a shit load of money and time... thank god some stores here fix this for 45$ but what really really kills me is that even if you fix it , same shit might happen again and very soon.

if this is a GPU problem, then why the problem appeared just after turning the console on the morning, there is no heat unless it has been mass effected last night, but as far as i know i turned it off fine. Again if that was a heat issue, then why playing COD 4 for almost an hour in a freaking intensive part of the game (i thought my xbox will blow with all the shit happening in the screen ) didn' t do anything. this is extremly weird for me, i had problems with GPUs and when shit happens it keeps happening, if artifacts show up, it will the next time you play it. i unplugued the power brick like i used to do before VX told me that it' s totally ok, as a matter of fact i didn' t ask him wheter his 360 died on him.
Nitro

RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 15, 2007 19:21
It' s either that or a dodgy scaler chip, ...and i' d only been playing Gears [from cold] for about 10 minutes when my first machine had it' s seizure.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 16, 2007 05:22
Wikid awesome!!!!!!!

My 360 finally was delivered to my house today, so I will finally have a go at the COD4 SP, as well as I will really be able to get into the MP!!!!!!

See you guys online!!!! Look for PredatoryElk.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 16, 2007 08:28
Are you guys playing on the 360 or the ps3. I only have the ps3 version. And man I am loving this game death match is crazy fun.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 16, 2007 09:48

if this is a GPU problem, then why the problem appeared just after turning the console on the morning, there is no heat unless it has been mass effected last night, but as far as i know i turned it off fine.

It sounds like a typical GPU failure. I' ve never once seen color changes in scaler failure (if you had horizontal lines, I' d be a little more worried). The GPU separates under high stress condition & stays separated. It doesn' t go back together once it' s cooled down, so it' d still be busto when you turned it on next.

i hope not man, i have no warranty, heck even if i did there is no way i can contact MS unless if i want to cost me a shit load of money and time... thank god some stores here fix this for 45$ but what really really kills me is that even if you fix it , same shit might happen again and very soon.

When it finally dies on you, give me a holler. If it is indeed a GPU failure, with the right knowhow and about $11.75 USD I' ll get your box running in tip-top shape. Permanent-like.

choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 16, 2007 10:40
A 12 dollar towel?
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 16, 2007 11:32

No. It sounds like your machine could be on it' s way out.
It has the same symptoms as my second machine. It started doing what yours is doing now, every hour or so, but then it stopped doing it, but two days later it was only lasting 30 seconds and then 2 days later I tried it and it had RROD.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 16, 2007 12:23
If Cod4 doesn' t kill my machine I know Mass Effect will. So far it' s running fine, except the two minor problems I mentioned before. I don' t trust this thing one bit.

COD4 is the best game I' ve ever played though. I haven' t even touched the SP yet. Multiplayer kicks ass. Everything is so well thought out and optimized. I love the challenges and ranking system. I keeps everything balanced, it forces people to try different weapons and styles. The game modes are great, with a lot of variety. The weapons are wicked...

This game takes the best of COD2 and the best of COD3 and adds everything that was missing between the two. I LOVE IT!

Oh, and the perk system exponentially increases the depth of the game. Nothing feels overpowered. Everyone has their favorite. You feel like you hav the best set up until you try a different map or game mode and find that some perks are better suited in different situations. For example I like Juggernaut, Double tap and Stopping power but in Hardcore the faster reload is more useful than any of these as its much faster pace and even the weakest weapon kills instantly.

If I have one complaint it would be that the maps are not that great. I feel like I play the same ones over and over. It just doesn' t feel like there are enough maps. But you can bet your ass on map packs and expansions :).
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 16 Nov 07 5:46:52 >
Nitro

RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 16, 2007 18:32

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

If Cod4 doesn' t kill my machine I know Mass Effect will. So far it' s running fine, except the two minor problems I mentioned before. I don' t trust this thing one bit.

That' s one of my biggest concerns right now. I' ve become so paranoid about playing new 360 games ahead of massive titles like Mass Effect

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

COD4 is the best game I' ve ever played though. I haven' t even touched the SP yet. Multiplayer kicks ass. Everything is so well thought out and optimized. I love the challenges and ranking system. I keeps everything balanced, it forces people to try different weapons and styles. The game modes are great, with a lot of variety. The weapons are wicked...

Oh, and the perk system exponentially increases the depth of the game. Nothing feels overpowered. Everyone has their favorite. You feel like you hav the best set up until you try a different map or game mode and find that some perks are better suited in different situations. For example I like Juggernaut, Double tap and Stopping power but in Hardcore the faster reload is more useful than any of these as its much faster pace and even the weakest weapon kills instantly.

I had a load of trouble getting into games at first and so by the time i was able to play online everybody was already at level 30+. I played the shit out of it the beta and so leveling up to wasn' t so much of a problem, especially seeing as maxing out each weapon gives you 1000 points. What i didn' t realize before last night is how badass the AK47 is. I' d pretty much stuck with the M4 until i unlocked the G3, but i needed the 1000 points from getting 100 kills with the AK so i had to use it.

Anyway, a suppressed AK47 with Double Tap and Steady Aim is fucking deadly on most maps. Shit at long range, but brutal close - medium. The G3 is probably my favourite weapon though and i' m glad it' s not fully auto like in the campaign. I now need to get to Level 38 (currently at 30) to unlock the G36C, and 40-whatever to unlock the M14.

The game is going to consume a serious amount of my free time and i' ll be downloading any additional content they put up, but i' m also going to have to find 18 hours for Assassins Creed and 30 hours + for Mass Effect and start from scratch in CoD4 on PS3... I haven' t even finished Naruto yet...

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: CoD4 PS3 screens... (360 screens page 3)... - Nov 16, 2007 18:36
Yeah im really looking forward to COD4, though im busy with ratchet and clank right now (which is surprisingly good, and something entirely different than the rest of my games) and ill get Mass Effect next week.

COD4 looms over head though, cant wait to get my grubby dirty hands on it.
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 6 of 8, messages 101 to 120 of 151

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message