Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What Ps3 Version are you Getting?
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 55
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 17, 2006 08:00
The 20Gb [500] or the 60Gb [600] version. I know alot of you, besides the constant bashing, will buy the ps3 come launch.

Personaly i plan on getting the 20Gb model, becuase the other stuff is on my pc, I dont own a psp and the extra space dosent interest me, I want the ps3 for playing games, And i dont want it has my Mulimedia hub [like 360 + ps3 approach]. Ok, I might Watch one or two blue ray movies on it.

I wont get it at launch, unless i have the money, then I will. Simple.
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 17, 2006 08:19
The more expensive variant is for me. I need me my outputs.
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 17, 2006 08:28
If I get one, I' ll probably go with the more expensive one. The other one just lacks too many features that I' ll probably want/need sooner or later.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 17, 2006 08:35
the 60gb version...but no way in hell on launch day. 360 first, wii second, then a ps3 for me
< Message edited by nekkid_monkey -- 17 May 06 0:36:25 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 17, 2006 08:58
People in the UK might not have a choice. So far we' re only confirmed to get the $600 model which will actually cost us more than people who buy it in the US. It' s going to cost £425 here which is very expensive for a console.

We' re not even taking pre-orders until early October (as it stands) so even the release date could slip.

If the pump the game prices up to £60 (which i can see happening) then i won' t be buying at launch. When i do purchase the thing i' ll buy the premium unit.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 17, 2006 09:06
Do people realise 600 euro is 750 USD?

Thats like 5600 kronor.
And then we havn' t include the taxes here in sweden.
XBox 360 premium cost 3500-3700 here in sweden.

Seriously the yneed to fix the price

Yes 5600 is a great price if you want a blu-ray player,but if you want a gaming console,its not.
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 17, 2006 09:36
$800 Sing for the 20 GB and $1000 Sing for the 60 GB, uh, no contest there.

I won' t buy at launch date, hell I won' t buy even year or two down the line. When and if Blu-Ray movies start popping up, I MAY be able to convince my parents to get it as a Blu-Ray player. By then, hopefully, the PS3 and games would be more...managable...

Otherwise, budget-wise I' m going for the 360 and possibly a Wii for now.
< Message edited by Byakko -- 17 May 06 1:37:40 >
QuezcatoL

RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 17, 2006 09:39
I pay 80 dollar for my xbox 360 games.
But i guess gaming consoles sells so bad or has so much piracy the price is only meant for the rich people in singapore.
Byakko

RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 17, 2006 09:46
Actually, ever since legislation passed the amended copyright law to OFFICIALLY ban the mod chips, noone has dared to mod or sell pirated Xbox/games anymore =/

The only place to get pirated games now is over the causeway in Malaysia.

And anyway, affluence isn' t THAT bad in Singapore We' re the economic hub of Asia (the powerhouse is China, but we' re the hub =p) Besides, as officially about 4-6 years ago, my house has been only filled with real goods (and no, they' re not made in China)

It' s hard to explain, and I don' t want to sound braggy. Singapore really is like, an island of first world considerations in a sea of close to second/third world countries. We' re small, the government has a bloody tight grip, you can' t SNEEZE in Singapore without bumping into someone.

Current price is $660 for the Xbox 360 premium, games are around $60-$70. To put that into perspective, Xbox 1 games are now about $40 and below, PS2 games (only imports from Japan) are priced $80 and above (for something majority of the population can' t read...).

You guys forgot. The World Cyber Games was just held in Singapore Didn' t you watch the coverage (okay, that' s PC gaming)?

Also, the PS3 prices were just direct converts. I didn' t take into account possible Made in China parts
QuezcatoL

RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 17, 2006 09:53
Yeah,much like UK is i guess,,but you are in asia ;)
UK get great trades from USA.

Here in sweden its so-so but im more then fine,i live next to the biggest show hall in sweden.
Was a gaming show there once and was just insanley cool.
Byakko

RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 17, 2006 09:58
S' pore (' spore' ...hee) has like, only ONE area for large show halls, which aren' t even that big =p

We don' t get good gaming shows. Most of the time they' re Technology conventions and MS and Sony bring in their consoles too along with their other products.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 17, 2006 10:32
Wow, you too, never heard of pm? this is way off topic, no?

I don' t see anyone buying a core package unless they are completely in the dark on the subject. Well that or a sales adviser trying to make commission.
" No i' m sorry sir/madam, the premium package is sold out, but we have the core package in stock"
" But wont that not be as good???"
" Certainly not, the only difference is the size of hard drive space, and trust me the other version isn' t gonna be in for a long time - surely you remember what happened with ms? so go on, just hand over the money...."
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 17, 2006 18:26
Isn' t the ' PS3 core package' actually being referred to as the ' PS3 retard package' ?!
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 17, 2006 18:46

Isn' t the ' PS3 core package' actually being referred to as the ' PS3 retard package' ?!

I think there' s the idiots package: $499

And the even bigger idiots package: $599

Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 18, 2006 02:11
your telling me you want to spend extra on features what you will pratically never use? that card reader is pointless and unless you got the best hdtv, you dont need the super high def output, you can still get hd graphics without it. The only extra thing is the 60Gb, but i wont be storeing much music or movies on my ps3, so the 20Gb will hardly get enough use. Heck, i still have one memory card for my ps2 collection of around 40+ games, not all in it, but it does me fine.

Wireless controlers are standard with BOTH units.

You swear you are getting a inferior console, yes maybe for the 360 core as you get no hdd, but that isnt the case here.
Joe_1110

• Total Posts : 24
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 18, 2006 03:56
av already pre ordered my 60 gb version. the 20gb version has nowt that interests me all the good features have been taken out like wifi and the memory stick slots and also wireless controllers
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 18, 2006 04:18
I want to meet with everyone from Sony who keep saying " I can' t believe how cheap our console is!" and SLAP them across the FACE! Cheap my ass! Who do these fools think they are trying to kid? The price is an insult, them saying it' s cheap is just rubbing salt in the wounds.

I' ll get the Premium package, though not on launch. Hell, I' ll even go out of my way to pick up the console second hand as not to give money to Sony if they keep this up.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 18, 2006 05:25
The PS3 is cheap concidering the many expensive high-tech features you get with it.
What you can say though is that it' s a lot of money, more than what' s worth spending on a game console.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 18, 2006 09:21
Apparently the core PS3 pack will be mostly upgradable, including HDD and accessories for WiFi and memory cards. The only unupgradable feature will be the HDMI.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=17035

I' m not sure of the difference between HDMI and analog component, but Sony seem to be claiming BOTH that it won' t make much of a difference for most AND that it' s still a must have feature. Strange ppl!

I' ve yet to decide whether I' ll actually be getting a PS3 with its £60 games, let alone which pack I' d get... but the core pack is sounding less retarded, especially since the extra features aren' t necessary for PS3' s function purely as a games machine.

Only thing is the UK may not even get the core pack, as Majik mentioned earlier. S' pose it depends on demand.. [:' (]
Eastwood

• Total Posts : 158
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 19, 2006 04:37
It wouldn' t surprise me if piracy is a major issue with costs these days. I know a report from Hollywood said that the industry loses billions of dollars a year to piracy, and I imagine that has a lot to do with rising ticket prices.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 55

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message