Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What Ps3 Version are you Getting?
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 55
Insanity Prawn Boy

• Total Posts : 16
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 19, 2006 04:39
Ill go for the 60GB one so that I don' t miss out on anything.
£425 seems a lot, but an actual Bluray player costs over £1000...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 19, 2006 05:25

ORIGINAL: Insanity Prawn Boy

Ill go for the 60GB one so that I don' t miss out on anything.
£425 seems a lot, but an actual Bluray player costs over £1000...

Blu-Ray may not win over HD-DVD though, -- Sony has a really bad track recored as far as their own mediums go, -- REALLY bad!

They didn' t win the last DVD battle either, and i would assume that the majority fo Sony' s support from Hollywood studios was due to Sony' s success in the games industry, -- something that could very well be oin the decline. Their share prices have dropped several times in the past couple of months, most recently because of their poor showing at E3 and people are starting to lose confidence.

No company has ever held the lead position for more than 2 generations!

In comparision, the HD-DVD drive when released and packaged with a 360 will still cost you $50 less than a PS3.
Lord Drago

• Total Posts : 2
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 20, 2006 08:00
Dude you basically wont even need a PC with the 60GB version, it' s a linux machine with web browsing, games, media, prety much everything a PC can do all in HDMI with a load of other features.

What I' m going to do is buy the 60B PS3 and transfer all my media and such from my PC to the system and then sell the PC, I might even gain a profit. I hardly use my PC anyways, all I use it for is e-mail, chatting, and looking up news on PS3 hehe.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 20, 2006 08:12
Already in the UK, the store Gamestation is taking PS3 pre-orderes. I popped in to see what the hell was going on and they are heavily promoting the £425 price tag. I didn' t place an order. There was no sign of any prices for the ' tard pack.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 20, 2006 09:42

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

Isn' t the ' PS3 core package' actually being referred to as the ' PS3 retard package' ?!

I refer to it as the " bastard child" .
464cpc

• Total Posts : 52
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 20, 2006 15:24
yeah ! thats right what they think we are nerds ?
there is no way i will give them 500 euro or $ for this s...
i ll take a 360 and a wii instead.
< Message edited by 464cpc -- 20 May 06 7:24:32 >
Eastwood

• Total Posts : 158
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 24, 2006 00:27
yeah that seems like the way to go.
waxc3

• Total Posts : 10
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 24, 2006 01:02
i would buy the more expensive one, but im just like that.

i say " would" because i have seen no games for the ps3 that really interest me. i have and love my 360 (along with 18 other machines) but the wii and the ps3 have failed to impress.

i will add that if mecenaries2 remains ps3 exclusive i may change my mind.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 24, 2006 01:07
After the whole Xbox 360 deal where I originally wanted the CORE package and inadvertantly wound up with the Premium package and wound up digging it partially due to Xbox Live, I guess I' m going with the PS3 premium package...

Once I got off the plane from E3 I started laundering money into my special PS3 savings account that I recently opened. Every month I' m gonna put $100 - $200 away so that when launch comes, if the situation isn' t crazy and Sony has enough units to satisfy the broke-happy early adopters then I' ll try to get in on some of that import action.

I' ll get a U.S. unit later on down the line.
emusa

• Total Posts : 21
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 24, 2006 01:39
choupolo quote:
I' m not sure of the difference between HDMI and analog component, but Sony seem to be claiming BOTH that it won' t make much of a difference for most AND that it' s still a must have feature. Strange ppl!

According to IGN, only the HDMI port will be able to output 1080p. The analog output => 1080i max. I read the article a couple of days ago.. but it' s strange.. can' t seem to locate it no more
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 24, 2006 02:59
Premium or no ps3.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 24, 2006 04:06
Why not?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 24, 2006 04:40

Already in the UK, the store Gamestation is taking PS3 pre-orderes

cool, I' m commerce-tarded, i know, but i have to ask. Are they affiliated with anyone in the US?
Cetra

• Total Posts : 153
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 24, 2006 05:13
Im gonna buy the 60 gb version. Not only that, but im gonna buy a samsung HD tv just for the PS3
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 24, 2006 19:13
I am in the fortunate situation of owning an HDTV with HDMI input (Currently used for PC-Out). So believing that HDMI in a year or two would need HDMI I predicted i' d buy a 60gb version. However with articles doing the rounds on gaming sites, that hd-dvd/blu ray wont use the itc encryption until as late as 2010 possibly later, i' m more inclined for the 20gb version.

Everything, bar HDMI is upgradable within the 20gb version, I dont need wireless/card slots, and don' t intend to use my PS3 as a hub, my PC and consoles are basically next to each other. So blu-ray moves was my main point of focus in choosing the model.

So deciding I can actually save some money, it' s a bad time considering Sony may not even release the 20gb version here in UK... I hope that sony will change their minds
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 24, 2006 19:46
I dont think ill get one at first notice, i might when its as cheap as the current PS2, or if some really sick looking game comes to it!
uumai

RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 24, 2006 19:57
I also doubt to whether i' ll pick one up at launch, sony always ship with problems, and i imagine this time should be worse.

Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 24, 2006 20:59
I' m buying one, I like having all consoles, just to offer an unbiased opinion.
I prefer my hands-on to be honest.

I am getting the 60GB version.. But I am only part of the hardcore wave, if it' s
crap, I' ll just sell it on E-bay, hopefully, I can knock up about 3 (ouch!) and then
sell them at accelerated prices (Hell, if Sony don' t wanna make profit, I sure
as hell will)..
Cetra

• Total Posts : 153
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 24, 2006 22:38
Hey uumai, how is it using a hdtv as a pc screen? Whats the max resolution? And how is the response time working for online FPS ?

Im getting a samsung one, and thinking about scrapping my crt 19" screen and old tv, and have one common screen for everything.
uumai

RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 25, 2006 00:51
@ Cetra:

Hey, I have a Samsung 32R51BD, very much like the ones sMicrosoft use to demo their 360' s in uk Shops (as far as i have seen at least)

I don' t only use it as a monitor, but I use it for watching hdtv shows like lost and smallville, Now my TV supports resolutions of 720 and 1080i being the max, which is 1920x1280 i believe (way above the measly 1024x768). Though I did have to use it as a pc screen for a while when mine broke, it faired well, but at the time i didn' t have a dvi>hdmi cable so i couldn' t HD out my tv, so i had same settings as pc. (It even has if your interested a vga input like a pc monitor)

As for online fps... well I honestly don' t like them or play them - I am currently using it for my current gen systems. The response time is pretty low, so there is no ghosting (or none that ive ever noticed while playing games like burnout, fzero, or any other of my ps2/xbox/gamecube games)

If you need anymore information, i' ll be happy to help
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 55

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread