What Ps3 Version are you Getting?

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 55
Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 17, 2006 08:00
The 20Gb [500] or the 60Gb [600] version. I know alot of you, besides the constant bashing, will buy the ps3 come launch.

Personaly i plan on getting the 20Gb model, becuase the other stuff is on my pc, I dont own a psp and the extra space dosent interest me, I want the ps3 for playing games, And i dont want it has my Mulimedia hub [like 360 + ps3 approach]. Ok, I might Watch one or two blue ray movies on it.

I wont get it at launch, unless i have the money, then I will. Simple.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

vdig
  • Total Posts : 226
  • Reward points : 0
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 17, 2006 08:19
The more expensive variant is for me. I need me my outputs.
You wa Shock!!!

He
  • Total Posts : 292
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 17, 2006 08:28
If I get one, I' ll probably go with the more expensive one. The other one just lacks too many features that I' ll probably want/need sooner or later.

nekkid_monkey
  • Total Posts : 818
  • Reward points : 1280
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 17, 2006 08:35
the 60gb version...but no way in hell on launch day. 360 first, wii second, then a ps3 for me
< Message edited by nekkid_monkey -- 17 May 06 0:36:25 >

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 17, 2006 08:58
People in the UK might not have a choice. So far we' re only confirmed to get the $600 model which will actually cost us more than people who buy it in the US. It' s going to cost £425 here which is very expensive for a console.

We' re not even taking pre-orders until early October (as it stands) so even the release date could slip.

If the pump the game prices up to £60 (which i can see happening) then i won' t be buying at launch. When i do purchase the thing i' ll buy the premium unit.

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 17, 2006 09:06
Do people realise 600 euro is 750 USD?

Thats like 5600 kronor.
And then we havn' t include the taxes here in sweden.
XBox 360 premium cost 3500-3700 here in sweden.

Seriously the yneed to fix the price

Yes 5600 is a great price if you want a blu-ray player,but if you want a gaming console,its not.
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Byakko
  • Total Posts : 599
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 17, 2006 09:36
$800 Sing for the 20 GB and $1000 Sing for the 60 GB, uh, no contest there.

I won' t buy at launch date, hell I won' t buy even year or two down the line. When and if Blu-Ray movies start popping up, I MAY be able to convince my parents to get it as a Blu-Ray player. By then, hopefully, the PS3 and games would be more...managable...

Otherwise, budget-wise I' m going for the 360 and possibly a Wii for now.
< Message edited by Byakko -- 17 May 06 1:37:40 >

QuezcatoL
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 17, 2006 09:39
I pay 80 dollar for my xbox 360 games.
But i guess gaming consoles sells so bad or has so much piracy the price is only meant for the rich people in singapore.

Byakko
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 17, 2006 09:46
Actually, ever since legislation passed the amended copyright law to OFFICIALLY ban the mod chips, noone has dared to mod or sell pirated Xbox/games anymore =/

The only place to get pirated games now is over the causeway in Malaysia.

And anyway, affluence isn' t THAT bad in Singapore We' re the economic hub of Asia (the powerhouse is China, but we' re the hub =p) Besides, as officially about 4-6 years ago, my house has been only filled with real goods (and no, they' re not made in China)

It' s hard to explain, and I don' t want to sound braggy. Singapore really is like, an island of first world considerations in a sea of close to second/third world countries. We' re small, the government has a bloody tight grip, you can' t SNEEZE in Singapore without bumping into someone.

Current price is $660 for the Xbox 360 premium, games are around $60-$70. To put that into perspective, Xbox 1 games are now about $40 and below, PS2 games (only imports from Japan) are priced $80 and above (for something majority of the population can' t read...).

You guys forgot. The World Cyber Games was just held in Singapore Didn' t you watch the coverage (okay, that' s PC gaming)?

Also, the PS3 prices were just direct converts. I didn' t take into account possible Made in China parts

QuezcatoL
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 17, 2006 09:53
Yeah,much like UK is i guess,,but you are in asia ;)
UK get great trades from USA.

Here in sweden its so-so but im more then fine,i live next to the biggest show hall in sweden.
Was a gaming show there once and was just insanley cool.

Byakko
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 17, 2006 09:58
S' pore (' spore' ...hee) has like, only ONE area for large show halls, which aren' t even that big =p

We don' t get good gaming shows. Most of the time they' re Technology conventions and MS and Sony bring in their consoles too along with their other products.

uumai
  • Total Posts : 1363
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 17, 2006 10:32
Wow, you too, never heard of pm? this is way off topic, no?

I don' t see anyone buying a core package unless they are completely in the dark on the subject. Well that or a sales adviser trying to make commission.
" No i' m sorry sir/madam, the premium package is sold out, but we have the core package in stock"
" But wont that not be as good???"
" Certainly not, the only difference is the size of hard drive space, and trust me the other version isn' t gonna be in for a long time - surely you remember what happened with ms? so go on, just hand over the money...."
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

Nitro
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 17, 2006 18:26
Isn' t the ' PS3 core package' actually being referred to as the ' PS3 retard package' ?!

Tiz
  • Total Posts : 3158
  • Reward points : 10675
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 17, 2006 18:46

Isn' t the ' PS3 core package' actually being referred to as the ' PS3 retard package' ?!

I think there' s the idiots package: $499

And the even bigger idiots package: $599

There are two rules to success:

1. Never tell all you know.

Silentbomber
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 18, 2006 02:11
your telling me you want to spend extra on features what you will pratically never use? that card reader is pointless and unless you got the best hdtv, you dont need the super high def output, you can still get hd graphics without it. The only extra thing is the 60Gb, but i wont be storeing much music or movies on my ps3, so the 20Gb will hardly get enough use. Heck, i still have one memory card for my ps2 collection of around 40+ games, not all in it, but it does me fine.

Wireless controlers are standard with BOTH units.

You swear you are getting a inferior console, yes maybe for the 360 core as you get no hdd, but that isnt the case here.

Joe_1110
  • Total Posts : 24
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 18, 2006 03:56
av already pre ordered my 60 gb version. the 20gb version has nowt that interests me all the good features have been taken out like wifi and the memory stick slots and also wireless controllers

whatabout_paul
  • Total Posts : 1227
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 18, 2006 04:18
I want to meet with everyone from Sony who keep saying " I can' t believe how cheap our console is!" and SLAP them across the FACE! Cheap my ass! Who do these fools think they are trying to kid? The price is an insult, them saying it' s cheap is just rubbing salt in the wounds.

I' ll get the Premium package, though not on launch. Hell, I' ll even go out of my way to pick up the console second hand as not to give money to Sony if they keep this up.

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 18, 2006 05:25
The PS3 is cheap concidering the many expensive high-tech features you get with it.
What you can say though is that it' s a lot of money, more than what' s worth spending on a game console.

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 18, 2006 09:21
Apparently the core PS3 pack will be mostly upgradable, including HDD and accessories for WiFi and memory cards. The only unupgradable feature will be the HDMI.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=17035

I' m not sure of the difference between HDMI and analog component, but Sony seem to be claiming BOTH that it won' t make much of a difference for most AND that it' s still a must have feature. Strange ppl!

I' ve yet to decide whether I' ll actually be getting a PS3 with its £60 games, let alone which pack I' d get... but the core pack is sounding less retarded, especially since the extra features aren' t necessary for PS3' s function purely as a games machine.

Only thing is the UK may not even get the core pack, as Majik mentioned earlier. S' pose it depends on demand.. [:' (]

Eastwood
  • Total Posts : 158
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 19, 2006 04:37
It wouldn' t surprise me if piracy is a major issue with costs these days. I know a report from Hollywood said that the industry loses billions of dollars a year to piracy, and I imagine that has a lot to do with rising ticket prices.

Insanity Prawn Boy
  • Total Posts : 16
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 19, 2006 04:39
Ill go for the 60GB one so that I don' t miss out on anything.
£425 seems a lot, but an actual Bluray player costs over £1000...

Nitro
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 19, 2006 05:25

ORIGINAL: Insanity Prawn Boy

Ill go for the 60GB one so that I don' t miss out on anything.
£425 seems a lot, but an actual Bluray player costs over £1000...

Blu-Ray may not win over HD-DVD though, -- Sony has a really bad track recored as far as their own mediums go, -- REALLY bad!

They didn' t win the last DVD battle either, and i would assume that the majority fo Sony' s support from Hollywood studios was due to Sony' s success in the games industry, -- something that could very well be oin the decline. Their share prices have dropped several times in the past couple of months, most recently because of their poor showing at E3 and people are starting to lose confidence.

No company has ever held the lead position for more than 2 generations!

In comparision, the HD-DVD drive when released and packaged with a 360 will still cost you $50 less than a PS3.

Lord Drago
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 20, 2006 08:00
Dude you basically wont even need a PC with the 60GB version, it' s a linux machine with web browsing, games, media, prety much everything a PC can do all in HDMI with a load of other features.

What I' m going to do is buy the 60B PS3 and transfer all my media and such from my PC to the system and then sell the PC, I might even gain a profit. I hardly use my PC anyways, all I use it for is e-mail, chatting, and looking up news on PS3 hehe.

whatabout_paul
  • Total Posts : 1227
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 20, 2006 08:12
Already in the UK, the store Gamestation is taking PS3 pre-orderes. I popped in to see what the hell was going on and they are heavily promoting the £425 price tag. I didn' t place an order. There was no sign of any prices for the ' tard pack.

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 20, 2006 09:42

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

I refer to it as the " bastard child" .
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

464cpc
  • Total Posts : 52
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 20, 2006 15:24
yeah ! thats right what they think we are nerds ?
there is no way i will give them 500 euro or $ for this s...
i ll take a 360 and a wii instead.
< Message edited by 464cpc -- 20 May 06 7:24:32 >

Eastwood
  • Total Posts : 158
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 24, 2006 00:27
yeah that seems like the way to go.

waxc3
  • Total Posts : 10
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 24, 2006 01:02
i would buy the more expensive one, but im just like that.

i say " would" because i have seen no games for the ps3 that really interest me. i have and love my 360 (along with 18 other machines) but the wii and the ps3 have failed to impress.

i will add that if mecenaries2 remains ps3 exclusive i may change my mind.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 24, 2006 01:07
After the whole Xbox 360 deal where I originally wanted the CORE package and inadvertantly wound up with the Premium package and wound up digging it partially due to Xbox Live, I guess I' m going with the PS3 premium package...

Once I got off the plane from E3 I started laundering money into my special PS3 savings account that I recently opened. Every month I' m gonna put $100 - $200 away so that when launch comes, if the situation isn' t crazy and Sony has enough units to satisfy the broke-happy early adopters then I' ll try to get in on some of that import action.

I' ll get a U.S. unit later on down the line.
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

emusa
  • Total Posts : 21
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 24, 2006 01:39
choupolo quote:
I' m not sure of the difference between HDMI and analog component, but Sony seem to be claiming BOTH that it won' t make much of a difference for most AND that it' s still a must have feature. Strange ppl!

According to IGN, only the HDMI port will be able to output 1080p. The analog output => 1080i max. I read the article a couple of days ago.. but it' s strange.. can' t seem to locate it no more

QuezcatoL
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 24, 2006 02:59
Premium or no ps3.

Silentbomber
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 24, 2006 04:06
Why not?

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 24, 2006 04:40

Already in the UK, the store Gamestation is taking PS3 pre-orderes

cool, I' m commerce-tarded, i know, but i have to ask. Are they affiliated with anyone in the US?

Cetra
  • Total Posts : 153
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 24, 2006 05:13
Im gonna buy the 60 gb version. Not only that, but im gonna buy a samsung HD tv just for the PS3

uumai
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 24, 2006 19:13
I am in the fortunate situation of owning an HDTV with HDMI input (Currently used for PC-Out). So believing that HDMI in a year or two would need HDMI I predicted i' d buy a 60gb version. However with articles doing the rounds on gaming sites, that hd-dvd/blu ray wont use the itc encryption until as late as 2010 possibly later, i' m more inclined for the 20gb version.

Everything, bar HDMI is upgradable within the 20gb version, I dont need wireless/card slots, and don' t intend to use my PS3 as a hub, my PC and consoles are basically next to each other. So blu-ray moves was my main point of focus in choosing the model.

So deciding I can actually save some money, it' s a bad time considering Sony may not even release the 20gb version here in UK... I hope that sony will change their minds
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 24, 2006 19:46
I dont think ill get one at first notice, i might when its as cheap as the current PS2, or if some really sick looking game comes to it!

uumai
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 24, 2006 19:57
I also doubt to whether i' ll pick one up at launch, sony always ship with problems, and i imagine this time should be worse.

NiGHTS into Dreamcast

Tiz
  • Total Posts : 3158
  • Reward points : 10675
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 24, 2006 20:59
I' m buying one, I like having all consoles, just to offer an unbiased opinion.
I prefer my hands-on to be honest.

I am getting the 60GB version.. But I am only part of the hardcore wave, if it' s
crap, I' ll just sell it on E-bay, hopefully, I can knock up about 3 (ouch!) and then
sell them at accelerated prices (Hell, if Sony don' t wanna make profit, I sure
as hell will)..
There are two rules to success:

1. Never tell all you know.

Cetra
  • Total Posts : 153
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 24, 2006 22:38
Hey uumai, how is it using a hdtv as a pc screen? Whats the max resolution? And how is the response time working for online FPS ?

Im getting a samsung one, and thinking about scrapping my crt 19" screen and old tv, and have one common screen for everything.

uumai
RE: What Ps3 Version are you Getting? - May 25, 2006 00:51
@ Cetra:

Hey, I have a Samsung 32R51BD, very much like the ones sMicrosoft use to demo their 360' s in uk Shops (as far as i have seen at least)

I don' t only use it as a monitor, but I use it for watching hdtv shows like lost and smallville, Now my TV supports resolutions of 720 and 1080i being the max, which is 1920x1280 i believe (way above the measly 1024x768). Though I did have to use it as a pc screen for a while when mine broke, it faired well, but at the time i didn' t have a dvi>hdmi cable so i couldn' t HD out my tv, so i had same settings as pc. (It even has if your interested a vga input like a pc monitor)

As for online fps... well I honestly don' t like them or play them - I am currently using it for my current gen systems. The response time is pretty low, so there is no ghosting (or none that ive ever noticed while playing games like burnout, fzero, or any other of my ps2/xbox/gamecube games)

If you need anymore information, i' ll be happy to help
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 55