Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nintendo news! EVERYONE soils themselves!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Nintendo news! EVERYONE soils themselves! - Mar 24, 2006 07:08
AAwww YEAH!!

Download SEGA Genesis and TurboGrafx 16 games to Nintendo Revolution

It' s like a dream come true!
< Message edited by chee saw -- 24 Mar 06 0:58:29 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Nintendo news! EVERYONE soils themselves! - Mar 24, 2006 08:13
NOW I have soiled myself silly... The region-free PS3 news was definitely drool-worthy but this is definitely soil worthy.

Keith Kourage in Alpha Zones, Ordyne, Dragon Spirit, Dragon Saber, Mystic Defender, Shinobi 3, Insector X here I come!!

Next-generation is going to be an AWESOME time to be a gamer as its set to cater to both school and new skool gamers!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 24 Mar 06 0:17:39 >
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Nintendo news! EVERYONE soils themselves! - Mar 24, 2006 08:15
tell me this is a hoax!! I will join you in the pant soiling otherwise!!!!!!!!

omg!omg!!!!!!!omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Nintendo news! EVERYONE soils themselves! - Mar 24, 2006 13:30
Just when you think Nintendo has their thumbs up their ass they fucking drop this bomb shell. Even if its about a decade too late this is still pretty damn sweet. I might even get a REV after all.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Nintendo news! EVERYONE soils themselves! - Mar 24, 2006 15:19
Just wait and see... a ton of currently apathetic people will suddenly proclaim " Genesis rulez" just because its games can be played on the Revolution.

All I' ve gotta say is they' d better have more than the paltry 512MB of storage space on that thing. Other than that I' d rather play those games on the consoles they were intended for, as no emulation is perfect. Some people say modding a console is raping it, well I say emulation is raping the game. Ever listen to Phantasy Star 2 on emulation? No emulator has ever gotten the sound correct for that game. The best thing about this is that hopefully this brings the value of the real games down a bit so I can afford the few I still do not have.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Nintendo news! EVERYONE soils themselves! - Mar 24, 2006 15:51
I think its good, gives me a chance to try out some of the old games i missed, now that im only a second generation console gamer!
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Nintendo news! EVERYONE soils themselves! - Mar 24, 2006 18:43

well I say emulation is raping the game

I partially agree, they always seem to emulate these games in 480i never at their original 240p resolution, it really pisses me off.

Just look at KOF 2000 on PS2, perfect 240p res, then look at 01,02 in their 2D only modes (and Sonic Mega Col), bloody flickery 480i. Hopefully Nintendo does the right thing and displays these games at the same rsolution as their original consoles, if not, the whole virtual console idea just got much less appealing.
< Message edited by kyo.k -- 24 Mar 06 10:44:58 >
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Nintendo news! EVERYONE soils themselves! - Mar 24, 2006 22:32
I used to be of the same opinion as you Joe about the 512 memory thing, and I suspect it could ship with a gig, but after seeing how the price of SD cards is dropping, I' m not too worried. I just got a 2 GB for 69 bucks on sale. Give it 7 more months, and those prices are going to drop even further. So let' s say I can buy 4 GB of SD memory for 119 dollars in November. That' s the same price as the xbox hard drive here in Canada. Now with revolution we are assuming all the emulation software is built in. On 360 it' s stored on the hard drive, so your 20 gig is only actually 13 gigs. That' s fine, that' s still MORE than enough room for me. But I look at the 4 gigs, and realise how small these games are that I' m going to be downloaded. Heck, the biggest of them will be the N64 games at 64 megs a pop. I can hold all the games and saves I could possible want. Not only that, but If Nintendo is doing things right, I should be able to go and plug that SD card into my computer to backup those files. If I can do this than I can backup my card, wipe it before my vacation to disneyland, use it to take photos of Mickey Mouse terrorizing little kids, come back and use the card on my revolution again after I put the files back on. I sure hope that' s how it works anyways.
Terry Bogard

RE: Nintendo news! EVERYONE soils themselves! - Mar 24, 2006 23:59
Once the Revolution is out and the Genesis emulation is in place, I demand that ALL of you play Castle of Illusion!!!!
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Nintendo news! EVERYONE soils themselves! - Mar 25, 2006 01:24
Terry u have taste, Shinobi 3 killed it, the best one so far, gameplay music, graphics was on fire..

Im not overly excited by this news, but i would of been if they said it emulated Mega CD (Final fight cd, snatcher), 32x (Chaotix, Stella assault) and Sega Saturn (too many too mention) games..
< Message edited by f3hunter -- 24 Mar 06 17:25:37 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Nintendo news! EVERYONE soils themselves! - Mar 25, 2006 01:49
I soiled myself?
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Nintendo news! EVERYONE soils themselves! - Mar 25, 2006 04:37
Terry you mean the mickey mouse: castle of illusion?
If yes, I played it already - What about world of illusion?

It sounds like a neat feature, as for backing the files on to your PC... I don' t know... Seems like there would technically be no issue, however if these are pay to download games (which they are, right? haven' t been following) then there is the risk of people putting the games on the internet to share... As such people would be getting all their games for free. - Doubt nintendo would be happy about that (IF they are paid for)
Terry Bogard

RE: Nintendo news! EVERYONE soils themselves! - Mar 25, 2006 08:51

Terry you mean the mickey mouse: castle of illusion?
If yes, I played it already - What about world of illusion?

Yes, Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse! And even if you' ve already played it, play it again , it rocks TOO hard to not play again!
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Nintendo news! EVERYONE soils themselves! - Mar 25, 2006 08:56
I wonder how the emulation will look on an HD tv? Should be interesting.

I hope they eventually allow you to download Actraiser! I loved that game! How about Shining in the Darkness! Phantasy Star!

Anybody else looking forward to particular games?
Terry Bogard

RE: Nintendo news! EVERYONE soils themselves! - Mar 25, 2006 09:07

I hope they eventually allow you to download Actraiser! I loved that game!

Actraiser was a majestic experience!!
Joe Redifer

RE: Nintendo news! EVERYONE soils themselves! - Mar 25, 2006 09:27
HDTVs absolutely destroy old 240p games. They end up looking so blocky. Old games are best played on a regular analog CRT TV that can do 240p on the system it was intended for. ActRaiser rocks on Professional Mode! I think Yuzo is in Chicago right now for a concert.
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: Nintendo news! EVERYONE soils themselves! - Mar 25, 2006 18:23
I' ve always hated nintendo, and i always will.

They don' t deserve the wonders of my youth...They tried to crush those.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Nintendo news! EVERYONE soils themselves! - Mar 26, 2006 01:58
Nintendo.. i once ' hated' nintendo but once i grew up, Sega went 3rd party i Realised that they have the same overall ideas about gaming on a whole (tho Sega was more experimental).. they both strive mainly on releasing AAA quality software that pushed gaming even further trying to out-do each other and them self' s.

I so respect Nintendo nowerdays. without them this industry would be a total ZZZZZZZZZZZ..
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Nintendo news! EVERYONE soils themselves! - Mar 26, 2006 07:08
I don' t think you can say that it' s emulation on REV - since emulation is mainly viewed as something homemade and mostly not perfect.Rev will get a 100% working versions of those games - it' s more like a conversion.

Modding your console is what? That' s just retarded.

The good news is that they keep making other deals so at E3 there will be more announcements of that nature for sure.

It' s just amazing.

It' s not exclusive though , so XBL Arcade could get some too.

< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 25 Mar 06 23:09:23 >
Joe Redifer

RE: Nintendo news! EVERYONE soils themselves! - Mar 26, 2006 07:18
Trust me, it' ll be emulation. Sonic Mega Collection and all of those other collections are ALL emulation. On the Phantasy Star Collection for the Saturn, you can even extract the ROMs and play them on any ol' emulator.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message