Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nintendo news! EVERYONE soils themselves!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 26 of 26
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Nintendo news! EVERYONE soils themselves! - Mar 26, 2006 07:33
It' s definately emulation! Just like 360 has to emulate Xbox games, Revolution will have to emulate non-Revolution games through the Virtual Console.

It' s emulation because it' s emulating a different graphics chip to the native one in the console. NES, SNES and N64 all use different hardware (obviously) to render the games and so Revolution has to emulate that hardware.

Microsoft' s difficulties are down to the NVIDIA GPU in Xbox and the custom built ATi card in 360. 360 has to straight up emulate the NVIDIA chip and Microsoft have to pay NVIDIA to do so.

Sony, up until PS3 have made all their own hardware, so they simply have to incorporate the same technology into PS3 (otherwise they' d have to emulate it).

Nintendo could easily stick the same hardware (the actual stiuff on a smaller scale) in Revolution (N64 being the most technical to reduce in size, but DS is superior hardware so it wouldn' t be very big anyway) and avoid having to emulate it. But since it' s so easy to use software to emulate NES, SNES and N64 games, it' s easier and more cost effective to emulate them.

Oh, and before anybody starts to contradict me, the definition of software emulation is...

A software emulator allows computer programs to run on a platform (computer architecture and/or operating system) other than the one for which they were originally written.

It' s not exclusive though , so XBL Arcade could get some too.

Very true and already being done.

Personally i want SNK stuff on Live Arcade, and i REALLY want the Dreamcast rumour to be true!
SpaceJase

• Total Posts : 170
RE: Nintendo news! EVERYONE soils themselves! - Mar 27, 2006 01:34
Downloadable PC Engine games? Awesome news! That system had some fantastic games (the best console version of StreetFighter II for one). Great move by Nintendo.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Nintendo news! EVERYONE soils themselves! - Mar 28, 2006 04:20
At least it will be a 100% accurate emulation :)

Nintendo is doing so many things right latelly that it' s almost ...suspicious :)
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Nintendo news! EVERYONE soils themselves! - Mar 28, 2006 04:30
How do you know it will be 100% accurate? We' ll have to wait and see. The only way it could be 100% accurate is if the games run in 240p.
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: Nintendo news! EVERYONE soils themselves! - Mar 29, 2006 13:52
I am not soiling myself for anything nintendo is doing..

Just putting it out there, if sega were to get back into consoles, then soil i shall, overwise it' s a footnote.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Nintendo news! EVERYONE soils themselves! - Mar 30, 2006 04:20
i know this news should be cool...

i love my old genesis games...

...but i still don' t care.

if they announced this for DS, that would excite me because there' s a chance i would actually play those old games in a portable setting. but realistically, i' m not going to spend a lot of my sitting-at-home-in-front-of-a-full-sized-tv gaming time on emulated genesis stuff. that time is reserved for current games.

kudos to the big N though. looks like they have their head on straight this time around
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 26 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message