Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Some SEGA stuff
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 56
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
Some SEGA stuff - Apr 18, 2006 03:37
It seems everyone here likes Sega so I' m assuming you all visit the official Sega website at a regular basis.
But those of you who don' t, here it is:
http://www.sega-europe.com/en/Homepage.htm
At the site you can download the Condemned PC demo, so those of you who don' t own a 360 and want to take a look at it should do it here:
http://www.sega-europe.com/en/NewsStory/1119.htm

Some interesting news can be read such as Sega expanding the company by buying two development studios. I' m very curious about Segas future now that the next generation is here. I wonder if they' ll focus more on publishing games than they have previously and what old IPs they will continue to work with. Sonic is given but Shenmue, Panzer Dragoon and Shinobi might not see any new titles for a while.
What do you guys think of Segas future?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 18, 2006 03:42
The last two years have a been a bit depressing, but where SEGA' s concerned I always have LOTS of hope for the future.
ginjirou

RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 18, 2006 03:52
Hey, cheer up m8. They' ve been doing great in the arcades.
And they have released a good amount of fun titles for consoles as well even though they don' t quite live up to their past.
Terry Bogard

RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 18, 2006 04:02
I miss the Sega that was pumping out games left and right during the Dreamcast era. They were REALLY consistent. They haven' t been anywhere near as consistent since going 3rd party. Hopefully come E3 they' ll turn my frown upside down!!!
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 18, 2006 04:20
And yet they started out being a great third-party during 2002, with PSO, Panzer Dragoon Orta and JSRF.

Sad to see that their focus is not on more classic franchises made by decent in-house dev teams. I for one would like to see Shinobi return but only if Joe Musashi is back. He' s the icon of the franchise - who care' s if he' s not exciting enough for the mainsteam.

With VF5, HOTD4, After Burner, Virtua Tennis and PSU things are definitely looking up.

Now give me a Scud Race sequel... Or at least an arcade perfect port of the original over Xbox Live.
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 18, 2006 04:21
I miss the days when Sega owned Sega. Now they' re someone elses bitch.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 18, 2006 06:55

And yet they started out being a great third-party during 2002, with PSO, Panzer Dragoon Orta and JSRF.

Well, PSO was a dreamcast game, JSRF was originally planned for the dreamcast if I am not mistaken (Read it somewhere before I even had an xbox) And panzer.... well it was good but Panzer Zwei and Orta were much better IMO.

Sega have plummeted in my mind, I used to really be interested when they made an announcement, these days I' m barely bothered. I do however hope After Burner see' s a console release and is as good as the original.
ginjirou

RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 18, 2006 23:21
Btw, does anyone know if Sega is making any new arcade game series or if they have done something new recently? I haven' t gone to the arcades for a long time and I don' t want to miss out on something.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 19, 2006 02:05
Who ever plays games in arcades? here in denmark they died after PC and consoles became something everybody owned!
Terry Bogard

RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 19, 2006 02:17
My first love is arcade gaming

In fact if I were to rate them, it would be:

1. Arcades
2. Consoles
3. Handhelds...
(During the past few months though, I' ve been wayyyyyyyyyy more into handheld gaming than console gaming.)

No matter how close to PERFECT an arcade game has been converted to a console, the one thing consoles have never been able to do was replicate the wonderful feeling of playing an arcade machine. Maybe if the Revolution comes with a coin slot it might be a step in the right direction
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 18 Apr 06 18:20:16 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 19, 2006 02:44
I would not put it past Nintendo to do something like that Terry!

Sega have really gone to the dogs ever since they went 3rd party, Since the dreamcast Sonic Team have been very disapointing, how the heck did they think giving Sonic Guns was a GOOD idea?

...maybe they where aiming to make shit games...
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 19, 2006 03:09
Sega has a couple of cool surprises for you guys at E3 (though they' re announcing them in advance of the show - very soon). Though unfortunately it looks like we won' t be breaking the info like we have done in the past. To prove I am not making it up, one of the coolest things that' s coming is three words, first letter H. ;-)
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 19, 2006 03:15

Handheld gaming platform?
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 19, 2006 05:07
heh.. they are pretty cool actually..
ginjirou

RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 19, 2006 05:22

ORIGINAL: Adam Doree

Sega has a couple of cool surprises for you guys at E3 (though they' re announcing them in advance of the show - very soon). Though unfortunately it looks like we won' t be breaking the info like we have done in the past. To prove I am not making it up, one of the coolest things that' s coming is three words, first letter H. ;-)

Ah man did you have to say that! Now I won' t be able to sleep until I get to know what it is. It' s nice to hear that Sega still got some action going on though.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 19, 2006 05:30
I think arcades are worthless and poor use of time. I havent been to one in ages, and i dont want to throw away my coin (more than 1$ per game) at games that are at times ridiculesly hard unless you played them a thousand times before.

Nitro

RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 19, 2006 19:39
Play the game you freaks!!!

To prove I am not making it up, one of the coolest things that' s coming is three words, first letter H. ;-)

Figure it out dammit. Adam can' t say so we need to guess. Although even if we got it right, ...Adam couldn' t say...

It better not be another hedgehog game!

(can we have a Ninja smilie?!)

Anyhoo, i hear more rumours of a Revolution NIGHTS game. Sega would be foolish not to and i wouldn' t need another reason (like i don' t have enough already) to bu the machine!
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 19 Apr 06 12:15:07 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 20, 2006 01:28
Three words? H?

hmmmmmmmmmm

any other hint? come on, nobody is going to tell. Its not like the Sega guys are watching this forum right now.. or are they? ...ARE THEY!?
Terry Bogard

RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 20, 2006 01:58
3 words, first letter H huh?

HOUSE THE DEAD?
or
HOUSE OF DEAD??
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 19 Apr 06 17:58:40 >
Nitro

RE: Some SEGA stuff - Apr 20, 2006 02:33
I want another SEGA handheld!!!!!!

I want NIGHTS for Revolution!!!!!!

I want to play Virtua Fighter 5!!!!!!

If Adam had said, the coolest thing that' s coming' s title is three words long, with the first letter of the first word beginning with ' H' , then i would know it' s a new franchise (i can' t think of any SEGA ganes that begin with ' H' ).

...BUT...

one of the coolest things that' s coming is three words, first letter H. ;-)

... " is" ... three words is where my mind jumps away from it being a game and towards it being something else.

Probably just me making it into what i WANT it to be.

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 56

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message