Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ugly Ass PS3 Launch Titles
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 72
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Ugly Ass PS3 Launch Titles - Aug 05, 2006 10:10
The only games that feel next gen for me on xbox360 are DOA4, Oblivion, and Graw.

dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Ugly Ass PS3 Launch Titles - Aug 05, 2006 10:39
Another thing why is it that heavenly sword is listed as a in the 360 library at teamxbox?. They even have videos of it or did I miss something there?.

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox/1169/Heavenly-Sword-Prototype-Footage/

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox/1168/Heavenly-Sword-Facial-Animation-Test/
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 5 Aug 06 2:43:14 >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Ugly Ass PS3 Launch Titles - Aug 05, 2006 10:58
Ya I remember that from long ago. Even Gametrailers.com had it listed as multiplatform when that prototype stuff was out.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Ugly Ass PS3 Launch Titles - Aug 05, 2006 14:44
its always the same when a new consol launches, yat the PS3 does have some advantages, the hardware itself is more than worth the 500/600 dlls, imean the 600 dlls version has 3 time the storages capabilityes of the 360, its a bluray player, and comes whit Linux and the online service, i really wouldnt mind playing Fatal Inertia nov. 17 for free, or Resistance whit 40 players online matches, or Motor Storm, im so getting it first day.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Ugly Ass PS3 Launch Titles - Aug 05, 2006 16:27

its always the same when a new consol launches, yat the PS3 does have some advantages, the hardware itself is more than worth the 500/600 dlls, imean the 600 dlls version has 3 time the storages capabilityes of the 360, its a bluray player, and comes whit Linux and the online service, i really wouldnt mind playing Fatal Inertia nov. 17 for free, or Resistance whit 40 players online matches, or Motor Storm, im so getting it first day.

Yes that stuff is good and all, but somthing not being factored in yet til the final product is the quality. Will Blu-ray be all it can be? That extra space worth it or how big do files range on avg, The files could be big and take up large chunks? Is the online service decent? Will 40 players run smoothly? Is the Linux section full blown or just a cut-down useless add-on? Hell, will the system survive the first week?
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Ugly Ass PS3 Launch Titles - Aug 05, 2006 17:40
Mark Rein said that PS3 is in much better state than 360 was before launch - they say final devkits have been delivered sooner (comparing to 360) and that Sony did a great job with it.It' s the first positive thing I' ve heard about ps3 and it came from Gears of War producer.

We' ll have to wait to judge those games , but to be honest , nothing really interests me on PS3 except MGS4 and VF5 (those 2 aren' t launch titles , but I would get a PS3 for them if it' s price was 300$)
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: Ugly Ass PS3 Launch Titles - Aug 05, 2006 18:05
sony has made it clear:

Ps3 is not a gaming console, and is a vehicle for the blueray format.

So, don' t expect too much.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Ugly Ass PS3 Launch Titles - Aug 05, 2006 19:27
Sorry to skip back to heavenly sword for a bit but didn' t some devs from sony once claim that some calculations of the game are only possible on the ps3?.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Ugly Ass PS3 Launch Titles - Aug 05, 2006 23:49

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

Mark Rein said that PS3 is in much better state than 360 was before launch - they say final devkits have been delivered sooner (comparing to 360) and that Sony did a great job with it.It' s the first positive thing I' ve heard about ps3 and it came from Gears of War producer.

We' ll have to wait to judge those games , but to be honest , nothing really interests me on PS3 except MGS4 and VF5 (those 2 aren' t launch titles , but I would get a PS3 for them if it' s price was 300$)

Ha, Mark had to say that because of the ass load of money Sony gave them for not announcing UT2007 for the 360. I haven' t heard one other developers honestly say they were pleased with the devkits.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Ugly Ass PS3 Launch Titles - Aug 06, 2006 00:56

Sorry to skip back to heavenly sword for a bit but didn' t some devs from sony once claim that some calculations of the game are only possible on the ps3?.

Now how many times have we heard that from sony ....
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Ugly Ass PS3 Launch Titles - Aug 06, 2006 01:15
Mark rein is the vice-president Gangsta,not the producer,Rod Ferguesson is the producer of Gears of war.
Mark rein is also famous for sayin a lot of crap,like wii looks like a gimmick tool.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Ugly Ass PS3 Launch Titles - Aug 06, 2006 01:25
Just found enough money to secure myself a Wii!! My mother in law decided to give her kids and me, around 2000$ so
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Ugly Ass PS3 Launch Titles - Aug 06, 2006 02:21

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Just found enough money to secure myself a Wii!! My mother in law decided (unwillingly) to give her kids and me, around 2000$ so

How long do you think you can run from the police VX, before they find her body
stashed in your basement?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Ugly Ass PS3 Launch Titles - Aug 06, 2006 03:06

How long do you think you can run from the police VX, before they find her body stashed in your basement?

Ha Ha, you kids and the things you get up too.

Play nice now.
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: Ugly Ass PS3 Launch Titles - Aug 06, 2006 03:30
I' m kind of new to the video game world (jumped in back Spring of 04' ), but hasn' t launches always had the majority of crappy looking games in thier launch pocket? ...but aside from that, until fall of 07' (or the new E3...or E4), then thats when I' ll start playing more attension to the graphicals differences between PS3 and 360
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Ugly Ass PS3 Launch Titles - Aug 06, 2006 03:30

ORIGINAL: Mass X

Yes that stuff is good and all, but somthing not being factored in yet til the final product is the quality. Will Blu-ray be all it can be? That extra space worth it or how big do files range on avg, The files could be big and take up large chunks? Is the online service decent? Will 40 players run smoothly? Is the Linux section full blown or just a cut-down useless add-on? Hell, will the system survive the first week?

well yeah, i guess the blu-ray player wont be state of the art yet it will be enough to whatch some great movies in 1080p until the stand alone players lower their prices, about the extra space its sure worth it, i mean that way the developers wont have to use compresion never again, which means better sound and visual quality, about the online service we dont know anything but it will be free, so far so good, and i really hope the LINUX feature wont let me down
< Message edited by fernandino -- 5 Aug 06 19:31:41 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Ugly Ass PS3 Launch Titles - Aug 06, 2006 04:39
Paying for it or not, I just hope Sony do a good online service, and some cool touches of their own that set it apart from XBL (once it' s release, you know how sony like to talk)

I heard, somewhere, Sony were releasing the eyetoy near or at launch too, which is neat, i liked the card game demo and the previous E3 showing of it, doubt i' d pick one up but hey it' s something else i suppose.

I don' t think the launch titles are all too important in all honesty, most launch titles aren' t great, graphically not that great for what a system is capable of, and most importantly.. By the time most people can get their hands on the console heavenly sword and (maybe) a number of other good games will be out.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Ugly Ass PS3 Launch Titles - Aug 06, 2006 20:17

Ha, Mark had to say that because of the ass load of money Sony gave them for not announcing UT2007 for the 360. I haven' t heard one other developers honestly say they were pleased with the devkits.

I guess they make Gears of War an Xbox exclusive for pure fun - no money involved, huh?

He also DID NOT say anything good about PS3 devkits - just that many devs got final units way sooner than 360 devs last year.He also said that PS3 games don' t need that " you know - it' s just an early version on a pre alpha devkit" excuse (Wathawk and others).

It was shocking to me that HE actually said that - I thought he' s a huge MS supporter.And at the same time he was the first to say good things about PS3.

Mark rein is also famous for sayin a lot of crap,like wii looks like a gimmick tool.

yeah I know - the funny thing - in this interview he explains that - and with some serious Nintendo Luv hehehe ...did samus visit him lately ? :)
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Ugly Ass PS3 Launch Titles - Aug 06, 2006 23:36

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

I guess they make Gears of War an Xbox exclusive for pure fun - no money involved, huh?

He also DID NOT say anything good about PS3 devkits - just that many devs got final units way sooner than 360 devs last year.He also said that PS3 games don' t need that " you know - it' s just an early version on a pre alpha devkit" excuse (Wathawk and others).

It was shocking to me that HE actually said that - I thought he' s a huge MS supporter.And at the same time he was the first to say good things about PS3.

Well no sh*t Gears made Epic an assload of money from MS. That' s a given. I' m just making the point that after the amount of money they got from Sony they aren' t going to say crap about the PS3. It' s the same for the 360. Anyone that has gotten paid off for something exclusive (even if it' s like UT2007 were they are just holding off the 360 announcement) are going to obvously keep their mouths shut about any faults.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Ugly Ass PS3 Launch Titles - Aug 07, 2006 01:32

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

Well no sh*t Gears made Epic an assload of money from MS. That' s a given. I' m just making the point that after the amount of money they got from Sony they aren' t going to say crap about the PS3. It' s the same for the 360. Anyone that has gotten paid off for something exclusive (even if it' s like UT2007 were they are just holding off the 360 announcement) are going to obvously keep their mouths shut about any faults.

Well that explains why he chose to only say bad stuff about Nintendo' s product then.
Because they don' t make games for Nintendo do they?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 6 Aug 06 17:32:53 >
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 72

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread